League of Ophelium

By nimikus

From an early age she was prepared to enter the ophelium tournament and win at any cost, but what happens whe... More

Introduction
Prologue
A drop of hapiness
At sunset

The Underground city

4 0 0
By nimikus

Nemesis Pov

As i began to pour myself a drink,the sound of people shouting and cheering it sounded louder and louder and the adrenaline took over me as i watched the fight across the ring.
I was sat on the chair with my legs spread across with a smug smile on my face as i observed every move and every punch thrown between the two girls in the ring.A brunette with blue eyes and a blonde with green eyes. Both were beautiful I couldn't deny one like this and I couldn't take my eyes off them at all but we can say they weren't really my type at the moment. I don't want to try to sound narcissistic but a lot of people wanted me and I couldn't deny the fact that I was attractive this was a first thing

My thoughts on women and other things were interrupted by my friend on the left who had started laughing at me.

As I turned my gaze to my friend and said with a glint of annoyance in my tone

-What's so funny William?

-Just the great Nemesis who is attracted to any girl in the underground city. You don't have to steal any girl from the underground city, you know that, don't you?

-Speaks broken mouth that does the same thing.I'm not desperate calm down I choose my partners very carefully I do not stumble in every person i came in contact. I said as I drank a glass of whiskey from just a big sip.

The purple lights and the smell of cigarettes flood the thick air in the room across the small dingy bar,the music vibrating so loudly that i wanted to punch the first person that came into contact with me.Maybe i drank a little too much for this night but the adrenaline was much bigger to stop so i continued.

Do you know what's funny Nemesis?I personally bet the brunette will win. I love blue-eyed brunettes.

I laughed at William and said the opposite of what he said:

-I personally think that the blonde will win, you didn't see the devilidh look in her eyes,she clearly will win,I say in an amused tone.

-Wanna bet right here with me and loose?

-I always win the bets with whoever I made them so why would I lose at this crucial moment especially with you?

-Because this time I'll be right, you'll see

Looking back at the ring and seeing the brunette close to winning, I nodded and clapped hands with my friend.

-Alright,so be it and what do you get out of it if you win the bet?

-Well, if you loose then the first brunette to show up here in this bar the next hour, you'll fall in love with her and she'll be yours forever.Easy peasy!

-Don't take me for shit like this I'm not ready to fall in love or love yet. I'm unable to love anyone I'm just good at deeds not to fall in love especially with some random chick.

-That's your problem, I told you what I want.

-And why on earth does that benefit you in some way William?

-Well,I want to see my friend happy once in this life because we only have a life and we have to live it damn it.

-Mm fine I will say what I want if you lose the bet and I win. if I win you will make advances to Denise. I saw you staring at her and I want to do a good deed.I said with a smug smile on my face staring at my friend to see his reaction

Whatever he drank from the glass he spat on the floor and looked at me like i was some crazy bitch.

-Are you crazy or what?Her brother would kill me for a look but especially some advances then I would say goodbye to life. I'm still young I have to live my life I don't need such a thing in my life.

-Well, you decided to play dirty, so I decided to do the same why let it be soft plus admit it you're in love with her upside down

-Fuck you!My friend said already blushing.

Then I turned my gaze to the table where Denise was sitting talking to a friend of hers. Denise was the best assasin along with her brother and they were the best at stealing without being seen. Her brown hair and small black eyes turned any boy on his back, but her brother was always as protective as any brother, and every boy ran away because of him when there was any chance at her. We got along pretty well but I preferred to be solo at best
Like a lone wolf, I would take care of the dirty work and kill myself. I didn't need anyone to guide me. Well only one person mattered to me and that someone was Xavier our leader who kept all the pieces of the puzzle together and every time there was a dispute he solved it immediately.

He was like a father to me because he adopted me when my parents were killed when I was little, so no doubt over the years I began to build a close bond with him and love him like a father.

For someone like me, cold as ice, he managed to find a sensitive corner in my heart. I was the most important person for him and for this place.
I had everyone's respect and everyone was afraid of me, even Denise and her brother

-I guess you won buddy, the brunette won,you little bastard but still go get that girl you won't have another chance.

He laughed at me and nodded.

Our little talk was interrupted by the doors that opened and on them the great Jake enters with a person with a bag on the head.

-This time a person huh?Said my friend,on my left amused but i wasn't amused at all because i told Jake cleary not to bring people from above.

I guess I wasn't clear enough and I have to solve the problem again.

I'm already tired of seeing so much incompetence so I got up from my chair and started walking towards an amused Jake with no problem.It's clear that the person on his shoulder is asleep and he laughs like a fool.
Well, I'll get that smile right away in a few seconds.

When he noticed me coming towards him, he left the person in a chair and tried to greet me, but until he could, I punched him.

Then I punched him again until the blood spilled from his cheek and I spat on him.

-What the hell is wrong with you Nemesis?he said,with a menacing tone but my gaze would kill the already dead people.

-What did Xavier say a few months ago? You just steal weapons and that's it!

-You know he can't stand the people above us for what they've done to us over the past years
They think we are bad guys and we are animals but they are sorely mistaken and will pay with you or without you in the tournament I screamed at Jake who was silent and he knew I was right.

-Now disappear from my sight before I do anything I will regret later. Trying to catch my breath, I approached the fainting person in the chair and I noticed she was a girl.Her strands of hair like charcoal could hypnotizes you in any second. I took the bag off her head and what I saw in front of me stopped my heart.

She was beautiful even when she was sleeping but I tried to focus on the situation and take her by the arm and I went out with her in my arms through the bar doors outside.

I went with her to a bench and laid her down gently and I sat down next to the bench and turned her head in my direction, lightly touching her strands of hair and then I touched her cheek lightly, feeling the porcelain skin like a fluttering, innocent butterfly. In my mind I thought what such a person was doing on the streets at this hour.

Her dress was well made and a very expensive material so someone from a high rank or even from the palace I thought to myself.

As I was caught in my thoughts her eyes opened slightly confused and rising slightly wondering what was happening.

When she turned her head at me she pushed me and recoiled herself against the edge of the bench.Her reaction surprised me and I laughed bitterly at her.

-Who you are and where I am?she said with a scared tone.

I don't want to mess with an arrogant princess like you.You clearly lack manners and forgot to thank me for saving your life from a madman. Who knows what would have happened to you if i hadn't saved you when you were asleep.

-I don't even know where I am, especially with a stranger somewhere unknown to me, so why would I thank you right now, especially you?

-Then, princess, welcome to the underground city with beasts as you consider us the rich ones and powerful from above. But you see, princess, it's not us who made a mistake and we are the bad people, but you who are from above invading our territories and beating our people and imprisoning them only for their sadistic pleasure.

-What the hell are you talking about?That is not true at all.

Until I could respond to this arrogant attitude of hers our little intense conversation was interrupted by someone behind us.

-Well well well,who is this girl, Nemesis?Your new girlfriend?

I recognized Paul's voice and turned to him with a fake smile.

She's not my type, first and foremost, what you're looking for at the bar right now?I said in a sarcastic tone.

-Relax, man, I didn't mean to interrupt a heated discussion as far as I can see with your new puppy.

My calm faded with Paul's annoying voice and I couldn't resist giving Paul a lesson. Every time he had a chance to bring me into the last moments of my patience he did it with pleasure. He wanted me to give in and create a scene as a reason for Xavier to kick me out of the underground city.

Apart from me, Paul was the most trusted man of Xavier and still it is and before,when I appeared Xavier and had focused only on me and considered me a daughter Paul had become jealous and saw me as a problem.

I always wanted to teach him a lesson so he wouldn't talk back to me, but how could I do that to Xavier's trusted man? Out of respect, I wouldn't do such a thing to Xavier even if Paul squeezes my nerves out of me on any occasion. That's why every time I was nervous I went to my personal ring and unloaded every time.
And believe me, that ring has become like a home because, lately, it seems like people are trying to get everything out of me and when that happens it's not good.

With a grin I said directly to his face:

-Paul I advise you take care of your business and leave me alone I am not in a good mood right and as you can see I am busy and I don't want any more problems on my head right now.

-And if I do not want to?I want to know who this girl is, I don't think Xavier would be happy if you hid secrets from him.

-That's exactly my problem I don't need your opinions Paul.Leave right now before i do something I'm gonna regret.

-Why are you so protective of a bitch? I know you...always the girl with with the utmost respect and pride. I don't even know what Xavier saw in an arrogant like you who does what she wants as long as he forgives everything you do but if it was someone else he wouldn't escape.

At this point, if I could, I'd put him in the ground with what he gets out of that dirty mouth.

-You know what your problem is Paul you never know when to shut up and what you said now will cost you a lot. I swear on what you want that I don't give a shit about that you're Xavier's puppy.

-I would do the same, believe me I hate you so much that if your sister had been here I would have raped her and made you look at how ...

He did not manage to continue the phrase that my fist landed in front of his ugly face and I climbed on him continuing to hit him trembling with nerves. I could see red in front of me and his face was painted with his own blood red brick.

-If you mention my sister again and in this way I swear I'll beat you until you piss on yourself and I'll give you to the dogs to tear you to pieces then I'll look at everything with the greatest pleasure or I could kill your sister in ways you would never have imagined and I would put you in an electric chair to watch everything and suffer on both sides.

I screamed with a wave of rage and if I hadn't felt tw arms on my shoulder trying to take me off Paul I wouldn't have stopped.When I looked back I saw Sofie with a worried look and I stopped beating Paul and I got up slightly breathing hard.

-Sofie what are you doing here?

-What are you doing in the middle of the street beating Paul? What did I tell you a few days ago Neme?

-I'm sorry, Sofie, but he talked badly about my sister, and I couldn't help it.

-I know I'm sad too when it comes to your sister,but we don't need to resort to violence right now. These are delicate situations. We have to prepare for the tournament.

-Ah, with your stupid tournament and all this  stupid training for what?For power? You're all crazy about this adrenaline rush, I don't know how Xavier can agree with this.Especially what happened last time.

When I calmed down I turned my gaze to the bench where I left the girl but when I saw no trace of her I thought I went crazy.

And when I thought this day could not get any worse it's proving me wrong.

-Sofie I have to go right now. I turned to look back at Paul, who was trying to get up with one hand on his stomach, skiing in pain.

-Make sure no one finds out about this, please I don't want any more problems on my head.You're the only one who i can trust with this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 58.8K 38
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
17M 653K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
7.4M 206K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
912K 81.3K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...