Just Me and You

By soccerfanatic2

There's a new girl in town - yet she isn't a soccer player. At least not anymore. Her name is Alexis, but eve... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 14

2.7K 79 7
By soccerfanatic2

Lexi's POV

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Kristie asks as she follows me into Pia's school to pick her up. I met with Anna last week, as well as my lawyer to go over everything that has happened lately. Anna and I talked for hours, and although I don't trust her fully, I've decided to let her meet Pia. She gets one chance to make it right.

The warm air coming from the cafeteria hits my skin and eases the January cold. Todays our last day in town before we head to camp tomorrow morning, and then it's go time. Although no major tournament is coming soon, we play England at the end of this month who is an amazing opponent.

"No I still thinks it's a terrible idea. But for years I have tried to give her a chance knowing that giving up Pia was hard for her. And if she screws this up then there isn't any more chances to give. But I do feel deep down I need to do this."

"Okay," she says giving my hand a squeeze. "You're not alone in this remember that okay?"

"I know," I say giving her a smile and a kiss. "Thank you."

The two of us stand in silence until we see Pia walk toward us. Giving her a smile and a wave she doesn't reciprocate the actions. Instead she walks toward us with her head down holding onto her teddy bear for dear life.

"Hey," I whisper as I pick her up and place her in my arms. "What's got you so sad? Did you have a bad day?"

Her silence makes me walk toward the door, Kristie right by my side. "Talk to me little love, I want to know why you're so sad."

Sitting down on the bench outside, Pia slowly moves from my arms over to Kristie's, and I finally see the tears on her face. Seeing her cry breaks my heart.

"I had a great day today mommy," she finally says as she looks at me, Kristie wiping away her tears. "I just am nervous to meet Anna. Do you think she hates me?"

Having talked to Pia a lot this week about Anna, she still doesn't fully understand the situation but she did grasp a few things.

Taking her hands in mine I scoot closer to the two of them, laying my head on Kristie's shoulder as I look Pia in the eyes.

"Anna doesn't hate you, and she never did. In fact she decided she couldn't be your mommy because she loved you too much. She wanted you to grow up and be happy, just like you are now."

"I know she wants me to be happy and I am happy. I love you and mama a lot. But why do I have to meet her?"

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to. If you want to go home we can, or if you want to just go and say hi, that's okay too. I will never force you to do something that you don't want to."

She looks up at Kristie who kisses her forehead and she leans into her a little more. Her tears have stopped and her eyes have closed, but her eyebrow stays furrowed so I know the wheels in her head are turning.

"Okay I want to go."

"Okay, let's go then bug."

Walking toward the car, I get in myself while Kristie buckles Pia in the back before hopping in the driver seat.

"Can we listen to Moana?" Pia asks as we pull out of the parking lot toward the ice cream place down the road.

"Sure love," I say before putting the music on and reaching over for Kristie's hand.

Making the short five minute drive, we pull into the parking lot and I don't see Anna's car yet. Checking my phone to see if she's reached out, I noticed she hasn't and the three of us head inside to get ice cream.

Sitting in a booth in the corner, we make small talk for a while before the door opens, and Anna steps inside. As she searches around the store full of people, our eyes finally meet and I give her a wave. She slowly walks toward our table and sits down next to me, Kristie and Pia across from us. Pia grasps onto Kristie's arm who pulls her into her lap, whispering something in her ear to make the little girl smile.

"Hi Anna," Kristie says. "It's nice to see you again. Can I get you some ice cream? I'm going to grab a water."

"I'm okay, thank you."

As Kristie gets up, Pia becomes extremely interested in the ice cream before her.

"Little love do you want to say hi?"

"Hi Anna," she says before going back to her ice cream.

"Hi sweetie, what kind of ice cream do you got there? My favorite is cookie dough."

"I have cookies and cream, it's yummy. Maybe you should get some too."

"Maybe I will try it."

They make eye contact for a few seconds before the conversations comes to a halt. I can tell they're both nervous, as am I.

"So Anna how long are you in Texas for?"

"Just for another week, I am here for work. Then I am back to California."

"Mommy and I are going to California tomorrow! We get to go on the plane."

"Wow that's so exciting! Are you going on vacation?"

"No, I still have to do school but I get to play with Charlie a lot."

Anna shows a confused expression before looking toward me.

"I work for the woman's national soccer team. We are headed into camp tomorrow, and Pia always comes with me."

"Oh wow, that's amazing. Good for you."

"Thanks."

"You have a birthday coming up soon. You're going to be six are you excited?"

"Very excited. Mommy said we can have a dance party for my birthday with all the girls and mama."

As she hears the word mama, Anna shrinks into herself, realizing that she is much not a part of Pia's world anymore. Although she knew this before, it didn't truly hit her until now. Seeing Pia where she is now, she is happy. If she didn't give Pia up, she would probably still be in the abusive relationship she was in, scared to leave and hurt Pia. But at the same time she is heart broken, and wishes she was more apart of her life in a way.

On the other hand as the two continue to talk, I excuse myself to go find Kristie who has disappeared. Finding her near the counter, I take the water from her hand and take a sip.

"How's it going?"

"Really well," I say looking up to her with tears. "They're getting along and Pia is becoming much more open. I know you're hesitant, and so am I. But I can truly tell that Anna is sorry. And she does seem genuine."

"She does seem really nice, and I wouldn't be opposed to them getting to know each other more. I know I'm not her mom officially, but I do feel like it. And I think even though it's a sticky situation, it could be good for the both of them. And who knows, maybe Pia and Anna's son will get along. Anna will never be her mom again but she could definitely be someone she can rely on and love in her life down the road."

Letting Kristie's words sink in I give her a hug and watch the interaction unfold before us. Going to join them a little while later Pia is laughing along with Anna and they put a smile on my face.

"Alright little P, it's time to get going. We have some packing to do before we leave tomorrow."

"Do you think we can see Anna again? I like her."

Hearing those words puts a smile on my face and brings tears to my eyes once again.

"How about Anna and her family come to the game in California?"

"Wow," Anna says and looks toward me. "That would be amazing. I can buy tickets tonight if you'd like to meet up."

"No need to buy them, I can get you them for free. I'll text you when it gets closer yeah?"

She stands to give me a hug, followed by Pia and Kristie as we say our final goodbyes.

Hopping into the car, Pia sings on the way home as I smile, thinking of how well everything went today.

——————————

"Kelley!" Pia yells as we walk into the team conference room to meet the team. As I hand all our bags over to Gary, Kristie does the same before running toward her sister to greet her. Making my way toward the coaching staff I give a few girls a hug on the way before joining the table.

Grabbing my belongings and skimming through all the papers before me I take note of who I would like to see today before we jump in tomorrow. Conversing with everyone at the table we wait for the last few girls to arrive before starting the meeting.

Vlatko takes charge in most of it, before I run through our goals for camp, as well as a detailed schedule of the next two days where we will be running tests to determine fitness levels.

"One last thing guys and you're free until dinner. There's a list up here with people I need to see before training tomorrow. You all have set times so look through and make sure you're on time, or else you run extra this week."

As I start to walk toward Pia, I feel a tug on my arm causing me to turn around. Seeing a worried Mal in front of me I immediately grow concerned and pull her into a hug.

"What's wrong?" I whisper in her ear.

Mal and I grew close last camp, she was someone I took under my wing as she is so young and in the spotlight. Freshly twenty-two she has big shoes to fill coming into this team.

"Do you have anyone to see within the next hour? I really need to talk to you."

As the tears form in her eyes I send her to the athletic room with my key before finding Kristie.

"I know you have people to catch up with, but can you watch Pia for me for like an hour? I have something to deal with, I'll text you when I'm done."

"Of course, let me know if you need anything."

Making my way to the tenth floor I see the athletic door propped open and I let myself inside, shutting the door fully behind me.

"What's wrong Mal? You're never this quiet," I say seeing her sat on the couch playing with the rings on her finger.

"I think I might be pregnant," she says looking up to me with tears running down her cheeks.

"How late are you?" I ask as I sit down next to her pulling her into a hug.

"A week."

"Have you taken any tests yet? Have you told Dansby?"

"No and no. We just got engaged a month ago this isn't exactly what we had planned."

"Do you think I planned to adopt a kid at 22? Life never goes as planned but it always ends up falling into place."

"Why do you have to be so wise? I was honestly expecting you to slap me upside the head."

"Never!" I say getting up and grabbing a pregnancy test. "I have had enough bumps in the road in my lifetime to know that these things happen. Now go pee on a stick."

She spends some time in the bathroom before joining me on the couch, the tests visible on the counter.

"Now we wait. Do you want a boy or a girl?"

"Lexi! We don't even know if it's positive please do not get ahead!"

"I'm sorry but this is so exciting! I know you're nervous but think of all the support you have behind you, seriously. I better be the godmother."

"Okay I think my sister would shoot me but you're definitely in the running."

"It's been three minutes. Do you want to look or do you want me to?"

"You do it, I might be sick."

Giving her hand a squeeze I walk into the bathroom and see the positive test in front of me, and my eyes begin to water. Picking up the test and bringing it over to her, I kneel in front of her and show it to her.

"You're pregnant Mally, congratulations."

"Holy shit. I'm about to be a mom."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 9.3K 70
Lexi is the new girl at school but what will happen when she hangs out with Sim and then likes her
56 10 5
This three week outdoor adventure experience couldn't have come at a better time for Wikitoria. Maia, has also decided this adventure is what she...
102K 2.5K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...
411 3 56
This is a great story writed of someone named Alexis! I rewrite it just for you guys, because it's so romantic and stuff! :) x I found the story here...