King's Bunny ||TaeKook||

Af BunTeaHunter

Thump! Thump! Thump! Goes a little bunny on its feet. Who would think that such a creature be acting bigger f... Mere

1//Thump!
2//Your Majesty
3//Arrow to the Knee
4//Well, hello there
5//Your name
6//Little Hopper
7//Who the hell?
8//Bunny v.s Kitty
9//This might be bad
10//Caught in a Lie
11//Mine
12//Forgiven
13//My ----
14//Bunny Trap
15//Loathing & Charms
16//His Protectors
17//Maddening Pleasure
18//Puzzled Feeling
19//Thumper
20//How it Started
21//두 남동생 = Validation
22//A Tiger's Epiphany
23//How are you?
24//It wasn't Tea
26//The Ballroom Prologue
27//The Ballroom Pt.1
28//The Ballroom Pt.2
29// The Ballroom END
30//Lucky to Laugh, to Love
31// Where Hearts; Connect
32// The King's Bunny

25//Black Cat = Unlucky?

2.1K 153 37
Af BunTeaHunter

Days have passed and it is safe to say that Jungkook's ribs are all fixed and healthy as ever. The dreaded corset can be removed for the bunny to finally breathe in as much air as his heart desires.

Once the hamster hyung have informed of his full recovery, the younger did not hesitate to almost ripping off his corset, causing Jin to laugh at such reaction. By all means, the bunny truly likes the clothing, but he cannot handle keeping it on his body for weeks. Give his poor abs a break.

However, once he was given the green light to freely move his body with no more minor setbacks, meant the training turned merciless.

"I have just been released from my recovery, you know?"

Jungkook panted on the ground with his wooden sword lying beside his tired body. He finally has the General as his trainer and in all honesty, the younger cannot choose which he prefers.. the bed or the cat.

Yoongi looked down on him with not a single scratch on his body as he quirked a brow at the defeated bunny. His face could be read as someone finding the sight pitiful and/or disbelieving.

"And you think that's a good enough excuse?"

"You have no heart"

"Correct, Jimin is currently holding onto it"

"Very cheesy as well"

The black cat only responded with a proud look on his face, which he shouldn't.

It was only the two of them present within the private training field of the castle. The others are too occupied organizing and preparing for the upcoming party tomorrow, having no time to spare.

Luckily for him, Yoongi's role doesn't really require him being a part of decorating or planning a party. Although it's mostly him not even wanting to attend or be involved due to his hatred for social gatherings. Others are more on the volunteering side rather than the role one.

"For someone who's been basically dying on the bed for weeks and mostly cuddled up with his Majesty like some lovesick maiden, you improved significantly"

How does Jungkook respond to that?

"... thanks?"

"You're welcome"

"....."

He's starting to miss Hoseok hyung.

Before he could wallow in self pity as he remembers his time with the squirrel, the younger watches the General sheathing his sword and turning his back on him.

Jungkook could only assume that it's the end of their practice. They have been dueling for 3 hours at best and his body is already shaking from fatigue, ready to collapse any moment.

A cold sensation met his cheek and the bunny flinched back at the sudden temperature.

"Drink some water. It will be my responsibility if you suddenly collapse on the floor, being scolded by the hamster is not ideal"

"Is it truly bad?"

"I spilled tea on the carpet and he scolded me for 3 hours"

The bunny took note to not be in the list of victims in Jin's scolding. Although it's quite a funny scene to imagine with how different their roles are, yet it was the hamster who puts the cat down.

"Wipe that grin off your face, brat. Or do you want another sparring session?"

"This water is so refreshing, hyung!"

The older's eyes only rolled and turned to have a sip of his own drink.

They fell in complete silence as they enjoy each other's company, no need for words to share as they let the sunlight warm their tired bodies. Jungkook loves spending time with the cat, they do not need verbal communication to understand each other and both preferring the quiet.

Won't be quiet for long when the party is around the corner, tempting a groan to leave the bunny's lips at such social gathering.

Not that he's particularly not fond of parties, but it's with who is attending. Jungkook would love a party that consists of only his friends and family, but this one.. is filled with royals from other Kingdoms. This made the Consort's guts to churn, something tells him the party will end not so nicely.

"You're thinking too loud, I can't drink peacefully"

Yoongi flicked some cold water onto the bunny's face, making him flinch from the sudden action.

"Listen here, Consort" the cat stood up from where they were sitting to go right back in the training field, unsheathing his sword "We've went to countless parties in other Kingdoms and even hosted one as tradition"

Jungkook watched in awe as the cat swiftly goes around the field, making various poses and jumps as he slices the air with his sword. It was filled with power and elegance, a contrast that mixed so beautifully. Yoongi then jumped high in the air and threw his sword, letting it stab the ground.

The bunny gaped in amazement as the older landed on the hilt of the sword, no sign of struggle and imbalance. It was perfect.

"None has managed to touch even a strand of hair on his Majesty" the General crouched down, still on his sword as he raised his hand towards the younger "And I made sure they can never attempt to do so again..."

It clicked in Jungkook's head.

"You.. cut.. You cut their..?"

"If I let them go with no consequences, they would repeat the same mistake" he lowered his hand and stared off into the distance with aloof eyes "I decided it's best to give them a permanent warning"

A shiver ran down the Bunny's spine and it was the second time he felt such a feeling. What surprises him is that this time, it wasn't directed to himself, but to those who engaged with the black cat in front of him.

The younger doesn't know much about the General of the Kingdom, or specifically, Min Yoong the black cat of the castle.

He admired the older for his skills in combat and ability to take down hybrids bigger than his own, having a sense of understanding with the other's actions. However, Jungkook remembered the painful process of becoming Thumper... then what about the General?

"Seriously, kid. You're being an open book right now. I could easily tell what exactly you're thinking"

An apology was at the tip of his tongue, but what came out instead shocked both of them.

"May I hug you?"

Yoongi only gave him a blank look and for once, it seemed like Thumper met his match for being mysterious. Jungkook lost the staring battle as he looked down on his bottle, clearly embarrassed at the weird sudden proposal.

They're not friends after all.

No sound was heard, but a warm body pressed his own and he froze at the contact. A pair of arms circled his shoulders as he pressed further into the embrace, it was a bit awkward with them sitting on the ground, but it felt nice still.

"As a General.." Yoongi started as he stares off, the younger still in his arms "It seemed easy. Just train your soldiers, scream orders, listen to the King's demand and swing a sword"

"But.. it hurts..."

The cat chuckled at the mumbled response.

"Very much so.. but it's what I expect from this role. Shouldn't bitch about it when I'm the one who accepted it"

"The pain.. though.. it'll be so difficult to heal"

"Well, kid.. you have to learn to move on in life /with/ that pain"

Jungkook's eyes widened at that. Some would say to get over the pain, to erase and forget it to move forward. They always say how we all should try our best to find a way to fix the said pain away to live a life filled with content.

But not everyone feels the same.. not everyone can just easily move on with just those few words.

"I once told myself.. as those cliché rumors of a black cat. I am Unlucky.. the bad omen"

One of the oldest superstitions, crossing paths with a black cat will cause bad luck. Jungkook is not one to believe in such sayings, but he cannot deny this was widespread and known in most parts of the world.

"As what Jimin says.. I'm quite stubborn and push myself too hard, he's such a hypocrite, but lets not share these words with the cat himself"

That tugged a small smile on his face.

"So.. what made you have a change of heart?"

"Taehyung"

Yoongi lifted his face and broke the hug, now holding onto the younger's shoulders. A smile now plastered on his face together with eyes glinting with softness.

"We were both still so young, yet for a kid like that time.. he was quite smart with a kind heart" the older then sat down as well, now both are facing each other as he continues "I was shocked that out of all hybrids, he chose me"

The memories came in and the cat couldn't help his heart warming at such fond times he deeply treasures forever.

A poor black cat, who's been spat and cursed for being alive. Not only predators, but prey as well, taking the opportunity to ridicule him. Just because they're the ones who've been in pain for so many years doesn't mean they have the right to inflict pain to others.

He wanted to be strong for once, to feel a sense of acceptance, even for just a second.

Then it was announced by the former King that all predators who are willing to become Prince Taehyung's protection come forth in the castle walls and be judged by the said Prince himself.

Yoongi was a poor hybrid and he remembered his parents saying about experiencing the lap of luxury, or is filled with curiosity on how the inside of the castle looks.

Sure, the public is allowed to enter the throne room to interact with their King, but they were too ashamed of their lack of money to even face such hybrid filled with power and riches. With nothing to lose, he went to take the opportunity to atleast glance and leave to tell the story to his parents.

Atleast he brought something good to them for once.

"It was quite funny.. I was small and lanky that time, in line with the other predators who are much bigger and bulkier. It's more awkward of being the only cat hybrid as well"

And yet...

The young cat looked up in surprise as the Tiger prince stood in front of him, eyes held no emotions, yet his words were determined and confident.

"Be my General, will you accept this?"

He heard the predators pity him, thinking that their Prince only chose him to finally end the rumors of the bad omen.. and he almost believed them. It's seen as admirable that he was chosen, only to be soon killed in the battlefield, to finally get rid of bad luck.

But the Prince's eyes tells a different story and his heart swelled at the glint of something he longed for.

Acceptance.

"I accept"

"Did.. did you ask why he chose you?"

"Only after months of training and proving my worth, together with our bond strengthening that I took the courage to ask his Majesty"

"What did he say?"

The General did not respond immediately, he only stood up from his seat and walked back to his sword. Jungkook only stared silently as he sees him take the sword out of the ground and raising it up to the sky.

Yoongi admired the beautiful glint of light reflecting on the sword, bouncing off his skin with warmth. He did not leave his eyes away from it as he finally spoke up.

"You were taken due to bad luck, yet what you brought is nothing, but good... now learn to forgive yourself"

He raised his sword higher, only to swing it down, then stopping it only an inch off the ground. The momentum of the swing made the dust to fly around him. Jungkook going back to gaping in awe.

"I was chosen on what Taehyung saw in me.. the hidden desire in my heart to prove them wrong. That I am no bad luck, but one who will bring properity to the Kingdom..."

Then he switches his feet to look towards the bunny's direction, his sword now pointing at the younger.

"I went through the harsh painful process, but it was worth it to keep his Majesty safe, together with the Kingdom... I stayed loyal with my goal.......

...... so why can't you, Thumper?"

Jungkook's eyes widened at those words. The glare being sent to him made his body feel a sense of shame. He remembered how he used to be, how he would risk his life for the weak and he would feel euphoric when seeing their grateful smiles and cheers for his fight.

Now, his plans changed to something more selfish and harmful.

"You hurt the predators.. for yourself. You hurt the preys.. for yourself, and worst of all.... you hurt yourself for /yourself/. Just what are you aiming for, Thumper?"

His eyes stinged at the upcoming tears and his body curled in on himself. What the cat said is nothing, but the truth. He chose this path and have seen how he pained the hybrids around him, yet he chose to ignore them.

He may seem to be doing well for not hurting any predator for a few weeks, but that was due to being confined in his King's room. Last time was when he wasn't locked up and it's in the training field, hurting a soldier and hurting Yeonjun.

He most likely hurt Namjoon and Soobin on what they see him do to himself.

Then his chin was held, making him look up at the other's stormy eyes. The bunny felt he doesn't deserve to even stare at the hybrid he deeply respect, but the fingers on his chin were strong.

"What are these scars for?"

The cat gestured towards his chest and arms, his dress shirt was thin enough for you to see every single bruises amd scars, old and new.

"F-For... hurting-"

"Incorrect, they're for the hybrids you protected. They're there cause you saved a life.. a reminder of your good deed"

Good deed.

A scar that is seen as something good. Not seen as a flaw or something to hide and be looked down on. Jungkook tried so hard to cover every wound, to hide his actions, to even be disgusted by what he sees in the mirror.

And yet...

"Even the scars you created yourself matters, Jungkook" the black cat held on the other's hands with softness, almost knowing that he might break with a single scratch.

But he breaks in the end as the words flow through his mouth.

"Even the scars that were formed from your mistakes are your very own constellations"

Sobs echoed throughout the training field as two bodies held together, rocking in motion as if the wind is the one giving them a lullaby, to try to calm the two hybrids down.

Circles being drawn by a finger on the back of a wailing bunny as soft whispers of reassurance caressed his ears as his body went soft into the embrace like a pillow filled with cotton.

"Jungkook... I just want to remind you.. where you used to be.. the one you felt proud the most"

Being Thumper to protect the weak is one of those. He never felt such a happy feeling, yet as time flies, the feeling was confused to ones that are harmful to him. This needs to stop.

"Learn to forgive first before you learn just how beautiful you are.. to love who you are... Forgive yourself, Jungkook"

And he did.

There was a superstition that crossing paths with a black cat brings good luck and prosperity. In the Kingdom, it was not superstition...... simply facts.

*******•*****•*******
Author-nim:

Do you believe in such things as walking under a ladder or stepping on cracks? Have you done such as a kid? Yoongi truly didn't because he debunked all of them as being the living proof of it.

I hope I did well in what I'm trying to imply in this chapter, I apologize if not. Also I wasn't technically going bored of writing, more on many issues happening in my personal life as well as schoolworks being needed to be finished. Hope you all understand 💜

Thank you all for reading! 💛

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...