Dangerous Love (Volturi Kings...

Bởi Amera_Goldspin

Madeline Swan's life was average. Friends, High-school, and the typical party here and there. But when her co... Xem Thêm

The Beginning
Vampire Rollercoaster
Hidden Truths
Reunited
Sushi Night
The Gaurd
Late Nights
Partners in Crime
Mission Completed
A Regular Monday
Alec Knows Best
Coffee in Seattle
The Meeting
Blue
First Date
Confrontation
Apologies
Tendencies
Arrangement
My Treasure
Red Skies and Black Mountains
Remembrance
Sisterly Bonds
Loose Ties
Vampire on Ice
A Thousand Stars
Homer's Star Brad Pitt
Attachment
Countdown
Leech
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Woods
Angel
Pain
Divulgence
Heading Nowhere
Wager
Dangerous Deceptions

Nature Walk

7K 190 1
Bởi Amera_Goldspin

Madeline Pov
To say I was pissed was an understatement. I was livid. I was mad with the commands and their delusional thoughts that I would drop everything and leave with them. I simply wouldn't and I would fight them if I had too.

I still have no idea what Aro did to me. I felt fine and while having contact with him it didn't hurt. All I know is that he was able to obtain informationon that Bella and I only knew. I didn't like this; it set me on edge.

I huff out loud and adjusted my heels in another hand. I had my heels wrapped around my hand with the half-empty bottle of wine in the other. I don't know what quite tempted me into opening it on my rage fueled nature walk but I did it anyway.  I figured I had about maybe 6 more miles left to walk. Unfortunately the restaurant I decided to walk from was I'm the outskirts of Forks.

*Honk*

I slightly puffed out my cheeks in a huff and watched the car pull to a stop. The vehicle that honked was a beat up green truck. I knew instantly who it was.

" Mads what are you doing out here like this? Leeches have no manners it seems huh?" Paul said with a laugh.

" Are you a wolf then?" I asked turning my body towards him.

" Yes, I am," He tells me proudly.

Silence fell between us for a couple of seconds. I decided to end it and walk up towards his truck passenger window.  I pulled up my bottle of wine and smiled brightly at him.

" I have a half bottle of wine. Want some?" I question.

Paul laughs and opens then the passenger door " Get in."

I hop in the car and set the bottle down. I sighed with content of not having to walk barefoot on the roads.

" So would like to leave the leeches behind?" Paul asked lowly with a smile.

I furrowed my brows, " Are they here?"

" I smell four of them," Paul replies with distaste.

" I told them not to follow me," I said looking out the window glaring at the scenery.

" Well obviously they ignored you princess," laughing at me.

" Then lets go somewhere away from them," I said hotly.

" So you want to go to the rez where Embry resides?"

"No just go to Jessica's house please," I said quickly.

As much I want to be in a vampire-free space I also don't want to handle the backlash of going there. I do find it weird that they were watching me just walking home and somewhat rude. It was unsettling to find out the piece of information from Paul. Paul slightly huffs but starts driving there.

The drive went by quickly. Paul and I did talk with each other with only some teasing from him. I know Paul hasn't voiced it but I think his view of me changed. He seems more hesitant and a bit closed off.  From my understanding vampires and werewolves are mortal enemies but we've been friends since we were kids. How can that changed?

" Thank you, I appreciate it," I tell him once he pulled in the driveway.

" No problem," giving me a tense smile.

Before I could reach the door he distracted me with a slight cough. " So um, I know ever since Embry; you don't hang out with us anymore and given with recent events I know things are tense, but we care about you, he cares about you." Paul tells me awardly.

" Why did Bella get to know but not me," I said feeling my anger rise.

Paul slightly chuckles and scratches the back of head. " I might have charged at your sister,"
" What do you mean charged?" with a confused voice.
" I charged at her as a wolf," he mumbles.

" You what," glaring at him.

" Your sister slapped me," He shot back rubbing his temples.

I narrowed my eyes at him " that doesn't me to turn into a big dog!" I exclaimed.

" Well everything is good now. Just know breaking a order against an Alpha isn't easy not even the slightest. That's why no one told you because Sam ordered it," staring me down.

After a long silence I sighed " I'll think on it" fiddling with the wine bottle.

" Do you want to join us," I asked him hopping out.

Paul leans across the truck and gave me a mischievous smirk, " I would but, that would cause problems with your four pair of extra eyes."

I huffed and handed the bottle to Paul. " Here, thank you for the drive."

" See ya later princess," Paul tells me driving off.

I rolled my eyes and headed to Jessica's porch. I stop for a spilt second and debated on cursing them for stalking me. I knew this was going to become a new norm but I don't feel like I have personal space. Even if I became a vampire I wondered if I will still be stalked by them.

I decided against it and walked into Jessica's house. Jessica's house reminded me of a typically middle-class home. Jessica lived with her mom and little brother while her dad lived in Seattle. I headed upstairs to her room and laid there waiting for her.

" Look it's the trunecy case," Jessica said once she noticed me.

" First of all I haven't even missed that much school." I said getting up from the bed.

" Yeah we'll see," She said setting her bag on the floor.

" So spill,"

"Spill what?" I have a feeling she knew a bit why I left.

" A little birdy told me you left with a boy and two of the Cullens cousins. By the way I never knew you were friends with them." Jessica rambles.

" I left with Embry, and Jane and Alec just needed to go somewhere it was just coincidence," I calmly said.

" Where were they going," She digs.

" Jess I don't know I just met them, probably to move stuff in or something," I let out smoothly.

" Okay. Well Embry why was he here? Did you talk? Are you back with him?" she asks me, bombarding me with questions.

" Ugh Jess stop no we're not back together. He wants to be but, I want my friend back." twiddling with my fingers.

" Why not, you two made sense together!" she exclaimed.

" Well it's not happening, so new topic," I slightly snapped. I didn't think Jessica would truly understand especially with the limited context that I could give her.

She looks at me for amount. " Well this calls for an emergency girl night let me call Angela," grabbing her phone.

Shortly after the call ended we ended up grabbing outfits to wear. Angela said she wanted to meet us at the local diner. I was all for it since I didn't get a chance to eat yet. I made sure to invite Bella but unsurprisingly, she was busy with Edward.

"Wheres Bella," Angela asked as we were sitting down in the booth.

" Where do you think," Jessica replied with a annoyed tone.

" I see," she simply says.

" Dont you think it's strange with her?" Jess said after ordering.

" Jess," Angela said in a warning tone. Of course Jessica ignored it and continued on.

" See Edward leaves her and she becomes some kind of zombie but now all is well." she continues pushing on.

" Edward and Bella are just figuring themselves out." Defending Bella from Jessica's gossips.

" Seems like they already figured it out," she mumbles.

" Just be happy for your friend okay," I snapped back.

I wasn't in the mood with Jessicas prying into everyone's personal business. It seemed like she didn't want to let Bella figure out her issues herself. I feel slight anxiety increase with the thought of Jess finding out about vampires. I know she had a nosy tendency about not letting things go and always having the recent scoop on everyone.

" Okay, Okay. Besides this about you," putting her hands in a surrender pose.

" Listen, I prefer to just not talk about and enjoy about hearing what I missed."

I watched Jess slightly huff a bit. From the looks from Angela was giving to me, she seemed understanding of my request.  One of the best qualities she had was how understanding she was.

" Fine, but I did hear some news with our school," Jessica tells me smirking.

" Ooh what is it?" I slightly raising my brows.

" Apparently, Miles from science is-"
I zoned out and just smiled along. As much as I find her prying annoying, she did hold some truths behind it. When Edward left Bella, she  was a zombie and she did the bare minimum to survive.  It took massive toll on everyone to help her out. It drained me mentally and if having a mate means that kind of attachment I don't know if I want one.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

514K 13.2K 68
Isadora-Lily Cullen was a troubled girl. She was saved at the age of 6 from her abusive parents by Carlisle Cullen and his family. From then on she w...
74.7K 1.8K 15
If people were asked to describe Dylan Swan. They would say outgoing, adventurous, sassy and hard-working unlike her sister who tries to get attentio...
399K 8.6K 26
[Book One of the Swan Queen Series] The twin sister of Bella Swan chose to stay with her father Charlie when Renee left. She was always top of her cl...
142K 2.5K 23
Born months before WW1 Alexis had a hard life since her mother died giving birth to her leaving her to be raised by her father. When she was 16 she a...