Beyond Redemption

Від liaaajam

"You said you enjoy reading books." Phoenix's voice was reduced to a whisper of seduction. He leaned over the... Більше

Introduction
• Character Boards •
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Five

1.2K 42 17
Від liaaajam

"Take me into your loving arms...Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars." Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

Phoenix's POV

Scarlet's face gleamed with fascination as she drank in the sight before her. As she stood frozen and awestruck for a minute too long, I would hear little gasps of wonder at different intervals.

"So, what do you think?" I asked already knowing her answer.

"It's beautiful, how did you manage to find this place?" She could hardly contain her excitement as she walked around, dragging her feet in the little sand that was there.

"I used to come here with my mom a long time ago when she was alive but now I just come here when I need to clear my head."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

"I didn't mean to–"

"It's fine. Okay." I didn't mean to snap at her but that was just my default reaction at the mention of my family, more specifically my mother. But then I saw the look on her face and I froze, my heart ceased its movements at the sight of the hurt in her expression.

That familiar anguish that stormed in the pools of her irises brought me back to that day in the hallway. I thought I had seen her hurt in the kitchen but it was nothing like the look in her eyes on Friday.

Idiot. That was what I was. I should have written it across my forehead for good measure. Because how could I have been so stupid and careless to sleep with another girl when me and Scarlet...

Well, I wasn't even sure what to call whatever was going on between us but I did know that it was sacred, warm and it felt right. To add to the attributes, there was this unspoken exclusivity that was established that I somehow disregarded when I shoved my dick into another girl. And I don't how she found it in her heart to forgive an ignorant, brainless asshole like myself but she did. I liked that about her and maybe even pitied her for sometimes. That she found the good in everyone. Even me. And God I hoped that she would continue to see that and only that.

Scarlet's pain on both occasions tore me apart while at the same time giving me a clear warning to never hurt such a beautiful creature like her again.

"Um, so do you usually take other people here too?" She said, breaking the awkward silence between us. I also sensed a bit of jealousy in her voice as she drew circles with her foot. Fidgeting was one of the many tells of her nervousness.

Usually, I'd take this opportunity to call her out on her jealousy but I didn't. For some reason, I told her the truth without the humor-laced insinuation.

"You're the first person I've brought here," I said matter of factly, relief washing over her worried expression. It was the bare, unfiltered truth. I have never wanted to bring anyone up here before her.

"Why should I believe you?" She asked, placing her hands against her hips, to somewhat look serious but her efforts failed.

"C'mon Red, when have I ever lied to you?" I couldn't stop myself from smiling at her.

She didn't reply but instead continued walking around, slowly admiring the vast area. While Scarlet's back was faced to me, I decided to place my fingers in the waistband of my pants pulling it off before I peeled off the rest of the clothes in one quick motion, until I was left in only my boxer briefs.

She quickly around upon hearing my movements. With a startled expression at my half-naked body, her eyes caressed my body. Ogling me up and down with hungry eyes. She swallowed hard when her gaze remained a little too long on my semi.

I loved the effect I had on her. But it's very embarrassing when I'm always so turned on with her.

Today, she wore a sundress, looking absolutely beautiful and sexy all at once. That dress...For the entire drive up here, I kept thinking about the things I could do with her in that dress. I tried not to watch her. I really did. But my mind was fixated and plagued with the intricate curl of her hair, the soft curves of her body that I grew to love that night in her bedroom, and the warm caramel of her skin. Often times I found myself drooling but just like every good thing in my life the thoughts of her in my arms were replaced with something bad. With the fact that she didn't wear this dress for me, but her date.

I am going to be honest when I say that my reason for bringing her out here wasn't for the sole purpose of spending more time with her. But a small part of me felt territorial over her, wanting to make sure she knew she belonged to me. That while I probably wasn't a better man than Jason, I was the man she needed to end up with. She belonged to me.

I guess some part of me still lived in 19th century England.

Dragging my bare feet through the sand, I slowly began making my way over to where she stood. My sudden movements snapped her out of her thoughts causing her to audibly clear her throat.

"W-What are you doing?" She questioned, her gaze focused on everything but me.

I continued my saunter towards her until our lips were inches apart. I could feel the warmth of her breath caressing the sensitive pads of my lip and the heat radiating off her body.

Her tongue slid out of her mouth to wet her lips before closing her eyes in anticipation. I kissed the side of her mouth gently, then her jaw, then her neck until I made my way to her ears.

"You're drooling, Red." It took everything in me not to ravage her lips with mine but I loved to see her all worked up and ready. "You're attracted to me, just admit it."

She stepped back while adjusting her jacket on her body, clearly still dazed by what happened.

"You think you can just snap your fingers and people will do exactly as you say. You're so annoying and arrogant, which is honestly a big turn-off. So no, I'm not attracted to you."

I flashed her a smirk. "Well, it's obviously not that big of a turn-off considering how you react every time I touch you...I bet you're panties are soaked right now." I said the last part a little more seductive and laced with speckles of humor.

She opened her mouth, then closed it as if she couldn't come up with anything to say. I grinned, enjoying the steadily erupting blush on her cheeks. She was so easy to fluster.

She was fidgeting once again.

"Why the hell did you take off your clothes?" She drawled.

"Because we're going for a swim."

"We?" Scarlet asked with a confused look on her face.

"Yes." She hugged herself in discomfort at my statement. I knew exactly what was holding her back.

"Hey, you don't have to take off your dress if you don't want to... I have a shirt and some sweatpants you can wear after if you'd like?"

She nodded in agreement, easing her arms out of the jacket then stopped abruptly. "But-"

"But nothing." I cut her off.

"What if I don't know how to swim?" She asked.

"If that were the case that would have been your first concern."

Silence.

"Exactly." I voiced. Her silence was a clear response.

"I just don't do spontaneous things like that," she admitted, gesturing to my half-naked body and the lake.

"And that's why your life is boring."

"Ouch," She snapped, obviously offended by my choice of words.

"No, I didn't mean it like that,"

She gave me a knowing look.

"Okay, I did mean it like that." I raked my hand through my hair, trying to phrase whatever it was that I wanted to say very carefully. "All I'm saying is that life is about doing crazy-ass things and fucking up. But what's special about these years of your life is that you can fuck up and get away with it."

"Sometimes," I added under my breath, remembering my sophomore year. I know she heard the last part but she decided not to push further this time, especially after realizing how sensitive my past made me.

"Well, I'm perfectly fine living my," she placed her fingers in air quotes, "boring life."

"I don't believe you." I disagreed. "Don't you ever crave excitement, thrill, pleasure, or anything that just makes you feel alive?"

She didn't respond, intrigued as to where I was going with this.

"I'm guessing that's a no...Well just imagine a moment, lasting seconds, maybe hours, days even, where everything completely slows down, allowing you to fully experience real, all-consuming euphoria. I could never begin to accurately describe the rush, the pleasure, and the complete state of exhilaration you feel." I paused. "I told you once that I don't believe in fairytales. Well, that's because no story or made-up fantasy will ever compare to that incredible feeling that makes all the danger and risk in the world worth it."

She was hooked on every word coming out of my mouth. Maybe if I told her to jump off a cliff, she would do it just to experience what I was describing.

"People acquire this feeling through near-death adventures, drugs, alcohol, and even sex. Every day we are given an opportunity to live life to the fullest, and it is on us as to how we spend our everyday lives. How do you want to spend your every day, Red?" I asked, locking my gaze with her. Noticing the interest in her eyes.

"Why do you think I'm not satisfied with my life the way it is now?"Her voice cracked, making her words sound shaky.

"Your interest in this conversation is telling me otherwise."

She brought her hand up to her face, rubbing her temples gently before turning her gaze to the lake. Reasoning with it. Wondering if what I said was really true. Wondering if life could really feel the way I described it.

I quickly tore her jacket off her body before she could finish deciding. Picking her up bridal style I jogged along the ancient boardwalk towards the lake.

"I swear to God, Phoenix if you don't put me down," she kicked her feet and wiggled out of my hold, causing her dress to rise up a bit showing her red cotton panties. Although the temptation felt like an itch begging to be scratched, I curved it, keeping my hands innocently on her thighs as I neared the edge of the plank.

"Live life on the edge for once" I whispered into her ears right before I jumped into the water creating a big splash. I let her go into the water and rose to the surface before removing the wet hair from my face that was preventing me from seeing. The full moon was particularly bright tonight, illuminating our surroundings so I could see everything clearly.

Soon after, Scarlet emerged from the water, rising to the surface. And it was like everything– the animals, the wind, the trees– stood still and marveled at her beauty. The wolves stopped howling in the distance, the wind didn't roar as loudly, the trees stood motionless and the only sound that could be heard was her soft gasp as she hurriedly breathed in and out. Even the moon seemed to focus its light on her. My lungs felt like they stopped working too and my heart soon followed suit. I was enamored.

Beads of water littered her eyelashes before they coursed down her gleaming skin, dripping down her face to her chin then down to the small, exposed area on her chest.

She moved her hand along her face then over her hair to remove the excess water.

For the first time ever, those beautiful curls were no longer restrained in a hair tie but rather cascaded to rest on her stomach. Because of the water, it looked longer and wavy and my fingers itched to feel it. Her hair was perfect, nothing like I've seen before, paired with the water and the light from the moon, the sight of her was beguiling.

Simple words like beautiful and pretty seemed silly for the woman who stood before me. Aphrodite would have been envious of Scarlet's otherworldly beauty.

Every time I was in her company, seeing her laugh, frown, nervous, you name it, I felt this unexplainable heaviness in my chest. But unlike the previous encounters, the feeling prolonged. Curling around my heart and stomach squeezing the life out of it. But it wasn't a bad feeling or anything like that. In a sense the heaviness of my body made my head feel light with happiness.

Soon enough, she caught me staring.

"What?" She questioned, pulling her chestnut hair back with a soft sniffle.

"Why don't you wear your hair down?" That was all I could bring myself to say in my state of infatuation.

"I don't really like it." She placed her hair behind her shoulders, her fingers curling around it in instinct.

"What's not to like?" I asked swimming closer to her. "It's goddamn perfect."

You're goddamn perfect.

A sheepish smile pulled at her lips as she pushed her hair back, obviously not used to it being down.

"I mean it." I was now within reach of her, taking her bare face and damp skin in with my eyes. She met me halfway until we both placed our foreheads against each others at the same time. Our breathing was erratic and out of control. This time, her gaze was unwilling to leave my own. I could feel her heart pounding against my own.

Remember when I said that I wasn't greedy? That I could savor my glass of water, taking small sips as I went until I maybe found another cup of water?

Remember when I said that addiction was a cancer that I could easily remove whenever I wanted? That I would enjoy my drug and give it up when I was done with it?

I lied.

Right now, looking at her plump, wet lips, I wanted nothing more than to devour them and keep her forever. But it was more than that. It wasn't just a sexual desire anymore. No, it was far from that.

I would find great pleasure in hearing her ramble on about her favorite things in the world, watching her laugh so hard that no sound came out, or simply just holding her.

But the urge to fuck her into tomorrow was still painfully there. And my dick did a great job of reminding me.

"Can I kiss you?" I whispered, running the pad of my thumb along her lower lip. Water dripped from my finger then down to her chin as she looked up at me through those beautiful lashes. She nodded eagerly in response.

And without delay, I bent down slightly, angling her head up before placing my lips on her. After one week of desperately needing to taste her, I had no intention of being gentle like the first time.

I don't know if time stopped when my lips met hers, but it sure felt like it. Every breath I took smelled like vanilla mixed with jasmine. The thought of waking up to that smell sounded like heaven on earth. Because as the seconds passed by I found myself slowly becoming hooked on her and that delightful aroma.

I slid my tongue along the seam of her lips, eliciting a soft moan before she parted her mouth fully in submission.

Surprisingly, she kissed me back with equal hunger snaking her arms around my neck to place her body flush against mine. As the blood pounded through every part of my body, leaving me deaf and greedy at the same time, I pulled her closer to me with a healthy grip on her hips.

"Wrap your legs around me," I muttered softly against her lips after breaking the kiss for a brief moment.

Her grip tightened around my neck as she complied, lifting her legs while I took a wholesome amount of her ass into my palms. Squeezing and kneading it. The heat of her pooling arousal against my groin sent jolts of blood to my already swollen cock.

"I knew you were soaked," I teased.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." I heard a strained pant upon contact as she pulled away, noticeably feeling overwhelmed by the growing sensations. Resting her face in the crease of my neck, she moaned softly as I continued to press her lower body to where I ached most for her.

But it wasn't enough.

Deciding to take things a step further, I tightened my grip on her ass and pushed her center up against my cock. I heard yet another soft moan escape her mouth while her head was still buried in my neck.

"Look at me," I breathed out against her skin just below her ear.

But she didn't comply.

I halted my movements resulting in her head jolting up from my shoulder in protest until we were face to face. A pleading expression was etched onto her face.

"Can I touch you here?" I asked, drawing small circles along the inside of her thighs right below her crotch. Even while being submerged in the water, I could still feel her tantalizing warmth. "I'll stay on top of this," I added, trailing my fingers along the top stitching of her underwear.

"Y-yes." She breathed.

She didn't have to tell me twice. I sank lower into the water until we were at eye level, wanting to touch her from a better angle. Once accomplished and ready, I cupped her pussy, the tips of my fingers covered her entrance while the bottom of my palm rubbed against her clit. I squeezed hard, wanting her to feel the pressure all while admiring her squinted eyes and her quivering lips.

"You like this?" I taunted, pressing my fingers to her opening while moving my palm to create the friction her body so desperately craved.

"Yes," Scarlet was a shaking mess as her face returned to the crook of my neck.

"Yes, who?"

"Y-yes...Phoenix." She could barely get out two words at a time but I loved hearing my name leave her lips. Only Scarlet could make it sound like it was dipped in honey and wrapped in velvet.

I began moving my entire hand, back and forth, slow and steady. Scarlet flung her head back almost immediately, biting her lip to conceal the moan.

"I want to hear you, Red." I leaned over and tugged her bottom lip from under her bite with my teeth. I repeated the gesture making sure she could feel every inch of my hand.

"Phoenix." She whimpered so only I could hear.

"Yes, Scarlet." Her lips slowly parted as I applied more pressure. "Should I stop?"

"N-no pleased-don't," she stuttered softly in response, her eyes shut tightly. I smiled at the sight of her completely consumed in my touch, squirming against me as I felt her hardened peaks against my chest.

Her skin was so soft and warm as it glistened in the moonlight. I could only focus on how gentle her lips felt against my own and how she could addictively invade all my senses with just a simple touch. I struggled to keep my eyes open but I needed to indulge in the sight of her writhing in my grasp.

I involuntarily groaned, breaking the kiss when she pushed her hips to meet my hand, grinding and pushing. This was hands down the greatest moment of my life.

"You feel so fucking good, Scarlet," I whispered, placing open-mouth kisses along her neck, biting, tugging, and licking the area leading to her chest. Eventually, I found the spot that made her suck in a breath. I paid close attention to that spot carving it into my memory while I continued sucking on her damp skin and reveling in her harmonious whimpers.

I didn't care if I was leaving bruises, I was too caught up in the moment to care.

"Oh my God," she breathed out, her fingers gripping my hair even harder.

We continued until we developed a divine rhythm, her moans becoming louder and louder each time while her hands kept tugging at my hair in an attempt to remove as much space between our mouths.

She was hungry, eager, probably even desperate for my touch and so was I. So was fucking I.

Our mouths met again before her teeth clamped down on my lower lip and it felt painfully good, resulting in yet another twitch from my dick.

Suddenly, Scarlet lowered her hand placing it against my cock over my underwear, rubbing her palm slowly against me in an up and down motion. Two seconds after, I started to feel the slow trickle of pre cum at the tip.

Surprised by her actions, my hand fell from her as she continued her movements. "Shit." I breathed. closing my eyes and feeling. Just feeling.

Scarlet was always so shy and reserved during our sexual escapades. Granted we only ever made out once before this nevertheless I was still shocked yet undeniably turned on.

"How does this feel?" She whispered, her lips grazing my ears. I really wanted to make her feel good tonight but I couldn't seem to move any part of my body as she stroked her hands along my shaft.

"Unbelievable." I almost cried.

I heard a soft giggle before her lips made contact with the skin of my neck, then my chest until her teeth grazed my sensitive nipple. Right when she heard my sharp intake of air, she twirled the tip of her index finger along the inflated tip of my cock.

What the fucking fuck?

No one else existed in my world except Scarlet. The moment was exquisitely perfect that it still wasn't clear whether or not I was dreaming. Because for the first time in my life, I felt alive.

When did I start talking like a character from a chick flick?

As I said before it felt like a dream. Perfect and amazing. She was the dream.

All my life, I had rules when it came to women, exercising self-control in everything I did. Never trust them, no repeats, always make her cum first. But here I was breaking– smashing each and every one of them without even knowing. Hell, I was ready to cum just from a handjob she was conducting on top of my underwear.

The strange thing was that I didn't even care if she was invading my mind and earning my trust. I rejoiced in the fact actually. But instead, I found myself thinking about how I would ruin what we had. It wasn't a question as to if I would fuck this up but when. And in the process, I would definitely hurt the one good thing to ever happen to this world. The one good thing to ever happen to me. And she didn't deserve that.

For once, I was going to do the right thing.

So using all my willpower, I pulled away from her before splashing some water against my face and raking it through my hair.

She wrapped her arms around her body awkwardly, while focusing on the slight ripples of the water. "Shit." She hissed out, rubbing her hands along her face, trying to snap out of some sort of sexual induced trance. "I didn't mean to...n-no, I wanted to...b-but if you felt like- uncomfortable then...jeez," she stuttered.

Our heavy breathing echoed against the open area and her lips were noticeably swollen and glistening from the biting and kissing we did earlier. I couldn't look at her without having sinful thoughts so I diverted my gaze to a small clearing in the trees.

"We should dry off." I cut her off.

"Y-yeah," she agreed softly.

...

A/N:

hey, lovelies...I was supposed to post this chapter yesterday but I came home from school tired asf and I knocked tf out...sorry.

anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to vote and leave your thoughts in the comment section below...toodles <3.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

WANT (Complete ✔️) Від lovelike_evajacks

Підліткова література

1.2M 25.1K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
14.6M 370K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
Delicate Love Від 🌻

Романтика

88.7K 3.3K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...
5K 195 31
"If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer to her, encircling her in his arms, h...