Dad For One

By DramaKelly

What if Hisashi Midoriya is All For One? What if he was actually a decent dad? What if he gave up crime in... More

Chapter 1 - Giving up Villainy
Chapter 2 - Entrance Exam
Chapter 3 - Toya Todoroki
Chapter 4 - Acceptance Letter
Chapter 5 - First Day
Chapter 6 - Testing
Chapter 7 - Combat Training
Chapter 8 - USJ
Chapter 9 - Sabotage
Chapter 11 - Sportsfestival
Chapter 12 - Obstacle Course
Chapter 13 - Cavalery Battle
Chapter 14 - Encounters
Chapter 15 - Troubled Children
Chapter 16 - Feral
Chapter 17 - Requests
Chapter 18 - Home
Chapter 19 - Internship Request
Chapter 20 - Gran Torino
Chapter 21 - Stain
Chapter 22 - Shoto Todoroki
Chapter 23 - Messed Up
Chapter 24 - Nomu
Chapter 25 - Exam Preparations
Chapter 26 - Training
Chapter 27 - Practical Exam
Chapter 28 - Secondary Quirk
Chapter 29 - A Trip to the Mall
Chapter 30 - Summer Training Camp
Chapter 31 - Test of Courage
Chapter 32 - Nomu Attack
Chapter 33 - Holding Down The Fort
Chapter 34 - Shimura
Chapter 35 - Escape
Chapter 36 - Kurogiri
Chapter 37 - Shirakumo
Chapter 38 - Unexpected Guests

Chapter 10 - Withdrawal

12.4K 381 171
By DramaKelly

Even though Izuku cured himself from his cold, he still wasn't allowed to go back to school. Not that he was feeling up to it... He told his parents about what happened, about Aizawa sensei now knowing about his quirk and about All Might sabotaging the USJ. Katsuki sent Hisashi the recording he made, which would certainly come in handy as blackmail material. It didn't take long for basically the whole house to find out about what happened.

Izuku was close to everyone that lived here and Hisashi never lied about who he used to be. It's not like those he saved would turn against him. They all realized he wanted to be better and helped them get better.
"You want me to kill him?" Dabi asked during dinner. Izuku had locked himself away in the training area that day. He wasn't able to go to school but that didn't mean he'd slack off.

"I can turn him to ash, you just say the word"
"No Dabi, please don't try to cremate my teacher, okay?" Izuku chuckled.
"How about decay?" Tenko suggested with a grin.
"Tenko" Izuku frowned.
"Alright alright, we get it" the red eyed boy chuckled, rolling his eyes.
"You're no fun, little brother"

"You know what would be fun? To stab him! Blood red looks really good on black" Toga giggled, stabbing her food.
"That's a great idea! No, a terrible idea!" Twice yelled, contradicting himself. His regular name was Bubaigawara Jin, but everyone just called him Twice. It was his hero name and was kinda catchy seeing as he had a split personality and he could literally split himself into multiple clones. It was super cool to see!

"You know what'd be a great idea? If you finally moved your ass outta here" Dabi stated jokingly. He didn't mean it, of course, but he did have a point. Twice had already been one of the oldest people here when he first came in, he was definitely the oldest resident of the home, not counting the people who ran the place. Izuku didn't mind though and neither did his parents. Besides, it wasn't like Jin was a freeloader. He had work and paid rent for his room here. Not a lot, but it was the thought that counted. Twice insisted on it.

"You're a big meanie Dabi!" Himiko frowned, throwing a piece of carrot towards him.
"Kids, don't play with your food" Kurogiri said. Kurogiri was one of Hisashi's colleagues, the only one he brought with him from his villainous past. Izuku didn't actually know a lot about what Kurogiri did before he came here to help out with Hisashi's project. Who he used to be was a complete mystery to him. Kurogiri wasn't even his real name, just like Toya used the name Dabi to cover up who he really was.

Izuku didn't care about all that though. What mattered to him were the people they were right now. And right now they were all part of his big dysfunctional family!
"Anyway, enough about killing Eraserhead. How was your training today, Izuku?" Sako Atsuhiro asked. He also completed the hero course on Hisashi's expense and was now known as Mr Compress.

"I'm really starting to master my telekinesis better!" Izuku beamed.
"I'm focusing on endurance right now. More things, heavier things... Making myself fly, things like that! Uraraka and I exchanged training techniques recently so I've been trying them out"
"Is Uraraka someone from your class?" Hisashi asked.
"Oh, you know who she is. She's that girl he saved in the entrance exam" Inko smiled.

"She has that anti-gravity quirk"
"Oh, right" the man nodded.
"Ah yes, the two of you use your quirks in similar ways. It's good to push each other to be better"
"Yeah, we're all doing our best" Izuku smiled.
"I mean, certainly with the sportsfestival coming up... Everyone is super excited about it"

Izuku fell silent after that, staring quietly at his plate. Yeah... The sportsfestival... It was a grand event and people from all over the world watched it... Cameras all over, all eyes focused on him, on every move he made... There were a million possibilities of how it could go wrong... Maybe it would be better if Izuku didn't compete at all? That way he couldn't mess up...

"Are you okay sweetie?" Inko asked, noticing the sudden change in her son's behavior.
"Oh, uh, y-yeah... I'm not so hungry, is it okay if I leave the table?"
"Sure, just don't forget to catch up on the schoolwork Katsuki brought over earlier, okay?" Hisashi stated as Izuku got up.

"I'll get to it then" Izuku said with a forced smile, leaving the room rather quickly. Everyone could see something was up, but they decided to ignore it. He had been through quite a shock with Eraserhead finding out about his quirk so they wanted to give him some space. He'd come to them if he needed them, they were sure.

...

After three days, Izuku was finally able to return to school. Katsuki had told him Aizawa talked to Nezu about All Might and managed to get some sort of informal restraining order. All Might would be focusing on the third years again, not giving any classes to first or second years. That way he'd never be near Izuku and All Might wouldn't get the chance to put him in danger again.

During his three days off, Izuku trained hard in order to gain better control over his quirks, making sure he pushed his endurance so he wouldn't faint as easily after using multiple powers shortly after one another. Katsuki noticed how jittery he was during their train ride, writing it off as the nerd being nervous to return to class after their homeroom teacher found out he possesses All For One.

"You think he'll be different towards me now?" Izuku asked, making Katsuki look up.
"Aizawa sensei... I-I haven't seen him since we last talked a-and I'm kinda nervous, you know?"
Tch... Exactly what Katsuki thought was going on. This nerd really was predictable at times.
"I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean, he isn't telling anyone so that's good, right?"

"I-I guess..." Izuku sighed, grabbing his bag as their train came to a stop. The two boys got off, making their way to school from the train station. It wasn't the only thing on Izuku's mind though. The sportsfestival... The event had the green head on edge. He knew everyone was looking forward to it and it was a great opportunity for heroes in training to show what they were worth.

Your name got out there, hero agencies watching closely, as well as civilians but also villains. It was important and no hero in training should miss the chance to participate. So why... Why was Izuku hesitating? Why was he planning on telling his homeroom teacher he is stepping out? It's just too much... Too much of a risk... He wasn't ready for something like that! He didn't have the confidence to know he won't screw everything up! He didn't have a lot of sleep that night either...

He sighed, making Katsuki raise a brow.
"Everything okay?"
"Yeah... I'm sorry, I know I'm being a burden-" Izuku mumbled, earning an elbow in his side.
"Oi, quit acting like that Deku" Katsuki hissed.
"No need to start saying sorry now nerd. I've known about this shit for years and I'm not gonna abandon you now that it's getting tough"

Izuku gave him a shy smile, casting his gaze to the ground.
"T-thanks Kacchan... That means a lot to me"
"Tch, of course it does... Now hurry the fuck up and get moving! We're gonna be late in class thanks to you!" the ash blonde yelled.
"Hey! We still have time!" Izuku argued as they picked up the pace, the green head stumbling behind a little due to his smaller legs.

They ended up racing towards the gate in the end. Izuku laughed, he forgot about all his worries for a moment there. Kacchan always had that influence on him...
"Deku-kun! You're back" Uraraka smiled, waving at them.
"D-Deku-kun?" Izuku squeaked, making Katsuki scowl.
"Yeah, that's what Bakugou always calls you, right?" she asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah, but-" Izuku stammered, only to be interrupted by her again.
"I think it suits you, you know? I thought he was saying Dekiru at first though... You know, the word for 'You can do it'!" Ochako smiled.
"Really? I hadn't looked at it that way before" Izuku smiled. It was at that moment that Katsuki finally snapped.

"Oi! Deku is my fucking nickname, round face! Use your own!"
"Kacchan-"
"That's for Deku-kun to decide, isn't it?" Uraraka reacted, making a vein twitch in Katsuki's forehead. Izuku glanced between the two of them, knowing he had to step in soon or an explosion would follow.

"W-we should head to class before we're late" Izuku chuckled as the two other glared daggers at each other. If eyes could kill... You know, in this quirk infested world, they probably could!
"You're right" Uraraka smiled, pulling the green head along as they started walking, making Bakugou yell out in frustration, releasing some small explosions from his palms.

"Anyways, I'm glad you're feeling better. They said you were unconscious in that snowstorm for quite a while"
"O-oh, well, I don't really remember a whole lot of it... It's still kinda fuzzy in my mind, you know?" Izuku said with a nervous smile. Ah yes, an excuse so he wouldn't have to talk about how he got there and what happened... With Kacchan's menacing glare on their backs, they walked to class.

"Midoriya"

Izuku blinked, confused and surprised that the stern and closed off Todoroki Shoto was actually initiating a conversation with him.
"Y-yes Todoroki?"
"About what happened at the USJ-" he started, his face as neutral as ever.
"-I'm glad you are doing alright. I shouldn't have left you, that was irresponsible on my part and unfit behavior of a hero"

"A-apology accepted..?" Izuku stammered, not really knowing what to think of it. He still wasn't fully grasping the fact Shoto was talking to him. They barely spoke and Izuku kind of started to avoid him after Dabi told him he wanted nothing to do with his past. Todoroki didn't say anything else, nor react to his response, and just walked back to his seat in the back of the class.

That was...odd...

Soon enough Iida walked up to him, fussing over his health. Asui also thanked him for taking care of her in the dome and making Todoroki stick by her. Meanwhile Katsuki angrily made his way over to his seat, glaring at the people surrounding his childhood friend.
"Aw, a little jealous Bakugou?" Kaminari teased, earning him a blast in the face.
"Dude, that's not nice" Kirishima pointed out.

"You want some too, shitty hair?" Bakugou growled, yet before the red head could answer, Aizawa walked in the room.
"Everyone to your seats and be quiet" the teacher groaned, people scattering around to their places and conversations falling silent instantly. Izuku locked eyes with the teacher as soon as he stood at his desk, averting his eyes immediately.

"Now that the class is complete again, I have an announcement to make" Aizawa said, making everyone tense up. He was always so serious...
"The sportsfestival is upon us. An opportunity for you to show the rest of the world what you're made of. This is a big event for the hero course and you'll only get three chances in the three years you're here. Make the best of it, plus ultra and all that"

"Plus ultra!" the class cheered, happy chatter bursting out from every corner as they discussed their training and moves and what they thought it would be like.
"Silence!" Aizawa yelled, his eyes glowing a dangerous red as his scarf floated in the air around him. The class got quiet again, listening to their homeroom teacher as he explained the person coming first in the entrance exam would be given the title of student representative. Someone who was supposed to say a few words before the event started.

Izuku sank down in his chair, embarrassed to the core as eyes turned towards him. How was he supposed to do that when he didn't even want to participate in the first place?!
"Come and see me after class about that, Midoriya" he stated, looking at the green head.
"Y-yes Aizawa sensei" Izuku forced out, looking down at his desk with a nervous look. Katsuki huffed, turning around in his chair and poking his friend on his forehead.

"Oi Deku, you better not make a fucking fool of yourself, got it?" he grinned, teasing him.
"Y-yeah, okay Kacchan" Izuku mumbled, swatting his hand away. Katsuki scowled, turning back around when Aizawa pointed it out. Something was up with Deku... He better figured out what before Deku's mood shifted from troubled to sad...

...

Like asked, Izuku stayed behind after class. Katsuki wanted to stay too, at first, but Izuku assured him it was okay.
"How are you feeling?" Aizawa asked. Izuku had just gotten up from his chair, grabbing his bag as he looked at Eraserhead.
"I healed myself" Izuku answered, making Shouta hum.

"That's not what I meant" the dark haired man said.
"You're distracted"
"Ah, you noticed..." Izuku chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.
"I-it's not you o-or that you know about me- Well, maybe a little bit- But not the main thing!"
"So what's wrong?" Aizawa asked, raising a brow.

"It's...the sportsfestival..." Izuku sighed.

"I-I want to withdraw"

"You don't want to give the speech?" the teacher asked.
"N-no, no, it's not that, it's-" Izuku rambled, cutting himself short. He took a deep breath and dragged a hand through his hair as he looked down at his bag, which laid on his desk.
"It's my quirk... With all those eyes on me a-and the cameras and everything... If I mess up, everyone will see a-and I just... I-I can't risk it"

"Are you sure?" Aizawa asked, a little surprised.
"It's better this way" Izuku sighed, flinging his bag on his back.
"I-I have to get to class..."
With that he left the classroom, leaving Shouta behind. Hm, he'd never had a student withdraw from the sportsfestival out of free will before. They were always forced due to medical reasons when students got heavily injured. Well, guess it can't be helped...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 4.7K 26
After finding out Izuku Midoriya's father is All For One, Allmight has become unsure about Izuku and starts to reject him. Izuku turns from hero to v...
70.7K 2.5K 57
Izuku Midoriya, son of All for one, grew up within the League of Villains. His mother died when he was young. Izuku is extremely smart and can trick...
32.7K 2.6K 68
Switched by birth but that doesn't mean that I had a great life living with a ritch hero family. In fact, they were the worst! A father who was too b...
114K 4.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had everything a little boy can ask for in life until a tragic event changed everything. He lost his mother, his father, his home and...