Sitting Ducks

By RachelJessie

Everyone has a different view on life. For example, when you see someone dead, you never say they deserved it... More

Prologue: 671
Chapter One: 214
Chapter Two: 153
Chapter Three: 749
Chapter Four: 84
Chapter Five: 403
Chapter Six: 544
Chapter Seven: 380
Chapter Eight: 959
Chapter Nine: 104
Chapter Ten: 11
Chapter Eleven: 21
Chapter Twelve: 63
Chapter Thirteen: 946
Chapter Fourteen: 0
Chapter Fifteen: 368
Chapter Sixteen: 637
Chapter Seventeen: 8
Chapter Nineteen: 442
Chapter Twenty: 389
Chapter Twenty-One: 207
Chapter Twenty-Two: 648
Chapter Twenty-Three: 152
Chapter Twenty-Four: 204
Chapter Twenty-Five: 352
Epilogue: 199
Alternate Epilogue: 768

Chapter Eighteen: 550

110 6 1
By RachelJessie

"Get your ass down girlie! If you move, I'll shoot. Same goes for you bucko!" He pointed his gun at Tucker. Who said bucko anymore?

"Fine, fine. But you can't kill us, or you won't find the tresure!" I smiled at him, lowering myself to the ground. Casually reaching into my pocket, I grabbed my gun.

"The treasure? What treasure?" He sounded genuinely confused. I heard Tucker snicker.

"The treasure of I'm a wiener." I explained, trying to keep a straight face. God I love the Simpsons.

"I'm a weiner?" He wondered aloud, and I burst out laughing with Tucker. He looked mightly pissed off at that moment.

One Hour Earlier

"600?" He guessed. I shook my head with a smile. "Lower." The plane ride was so boring. Thankfully, we would be landing soon.

"540?" Tucker asked again. Charlotte shifted on my shoulder. For a twelve year old, she was really small. Turns out Tucker was in someone's seat, a very nervous unaccompanied minor named Charlotte. She took the window seat, and was currently sleeping. I took her glasses off and she sighed.

"You're really close, but higher." I whispered. I brushed Charlotte's dark brown hair out of her closed eyes.

"You're so good with kids Cara. You calmed her down in like five minutes, and got her to sleep." I shrugged with a smile.

"I baby-sat a lot when I was younger. Tucker, my name isn't Cara." I was getting sick of the fake name. He frowned, and raised his eyebrows.

"Can I guess your name? I knew it would be fake, I just didn't think you would keep it. According to my passport I'm Harry Morris." I nodded, what was the trouble in that?

"I'm going to list names off, rapid fire. Mandy, Marilyn, Brittany, Tiffany, Candace, Brandy, Heather, Brianna, Amber, Serena, Melody, Dakota, Tara?" I shook my head.

"Tammy, Lauren, Charlene, Courtney, Jenny, Krista, Mindy, Shelby?" He knew so many names.

"Elise." He slumped in his seat. "Elise, I knew that. That was my next guess." He declared. Charlotte woke up, looking embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry Miss..." She trailed off awkwardly.  "Elise, call me Elise." I reassured her.  She smiled and sat up. 

"Sorry for falling asleep on you, I'm just a really bad flier. My sister isn't here you know, and it's really hard." Her voice broke. I guess she had lost her sister or something like that.

"Hey bud, it's fine. I'm Elise, and this is Tucker." I pointed to Tucker who was fiddling with his laptop. 

"S'up little dudette." Charlotte shrank into me. Laughing, I put my arms around her trembling frame. 

"Do you want to play a game?" I asked, and she nodded. Tucker scoffed.

"You sound like the clown from Saw. It's a game whether you live, or DIE!" He almost shouted the last word. Charlotte laughed.

"Attention passengers, we will be landing in Queens, New York. very soon. Please fasten your seat belts, and thank you for flying Air Plane." I groaned and buckled in. Landing sucked. Charlotte fastened her belt and curled into me, already looking scared. 

"Come on Char, it'll be fine. Unless we crash into the ocean, then we'll be in big trouble. Or maybe we'll hit the Statue of Liberty." Tucker teased. I smacked him on the arm as I heard Charlotte whimper. 

"Not helping Tucker, not helping at all!" I whispered, now trying to reassure a crying little girl. Really?

Eventually, we did land, and Charlotte did calm down. We went through customs without a problem, then headed down to the baggage area. I didn't have a suitcase, but Tucker and Charlotte did. We walked to the baggage claim, and Tucker swore.

"Elise, pick Charlotte up and put her between us. Now." I picked Charlotte up and sandwiched her between Tucker and I. She made a yelp of surprise, as someone passed us.

"Charlie Bear! Oh my goodness, we were so worried!" Tucker ad libbed. She looked up at us, very confused. Tucker put her down gently, and grabbed her hand.

"Play along Charlotte, please." He begged. She nodded, and grabbed her purple suitcase. We waited for Tucker's.

And waited.

And waited.

"Oh come on!" Tucker exclaimed. Guess my luck had to run out soon.  Charlotte let go of my hand, and ran squealing. I guess she had found her mother or family. A woman ran through the open door and hugged her tightly, smoothing her hair. Charlotte whispered to her, and pointed at me. The woman smiled brightly, and walked over to me. 

"Thank you so much. Charlotte told me about how you helped her on the plane, I'm so grateful. Catherine." She held out her hand in greeting. 

"Elise." I shook her hand. "It was nothing m'am, she's a lovely child.  Happy to help, and Charlotte, welcome home." She hugged me, and then held hands with her mother as they left the airport.

"Did you find your suitcase Tucker?" I asked, and he nodded. 

"Customer service is bringing it down here, it'll be awhile. What time is it, local time?" He asked and I checked my watch. 

"Just turned midnight. It's six a.m. back in Paris." I yawned. The airport was really clearing out. 

"Excuse me miss, but would happen to be Elise Silver?" A voice asked. Well crap. I turned around slowly. 

"Nope, sorry. I'm Cara Smith. Do you need to see I.D. or something?" I asked. The woman looked apologetic and backed away. I caught sight of her wrist though, she was wearing a tee shirt. BrickStone.  How did they know we would be here?

"Excuse me Miss!" I ran after her. She stopped abruptly and smiled. 

"I'm sorry, but I know an Elise Silver. In fact, I was just with her in Paris. I can tell you where she is if you want?" I said. The woman smiled and nodded.

"Before I do though, what do you want with Lise?" I asked, and she visibly stiffened.

"I'm sorry Miss Cara, that's classified information." Shrugging, I grinned at her.

"LIse got on a flight to Denver this morning. She's staying with some distant relatives, but I don't know her number. How many Elise Silver's are there in Colorado?" I laughed, and she quietly laughed with me. I bid her goodbye and walked over to Tucker. 

"Harry, ready to go?" I asked loudly. Tucker grabbed his bag from a tired looking man and thanked him.  We were just leaving when I heard that voice again. 

"STOP RIGHT THERE YOU TWO!" She yelled. Grabbing Tucker's hand, we ran for a taxi. We jumped into an available one, and Tucker handed him a wad of bills.

"Just get us to any hotel, use back streets and alley's! Go! Go! Go!" He screamed and our driver hit the gas.  That money really must have motivated him. I saw the BrickStone lady and a man jump in a cab behind us. 

"DRIVE!" I screamed and he wove into a back alley. I turned around and saw them on our heels. He took a sharp turn, and I smashed into Tucker.  I looked at the door, and he nodded.

"On three." I whispered. I placed my hand on the doorknob, and waited for a turn.  We made a sharp left.

"Three!" We both tumbled out of the fast moving cab, and hit the road. Tucker rolled out of harm's way, and the taxi flew by us, then slammed on it's breaks. The woman and man got out, pointing guns at us. 

"You get the woman, I'll get the man." Tucker told me. I raised my eyebrows, but nodded. We both charged at them, and they both looked very confused. I tackled the woman, and smacked her gun out of her grip. Taking it for myself, I smashed it onto her temple, then jammed my elbow into her windpipe.  Hearing shouts, I turned to see Tucker being pinned by a man, and a group of six people behind them, I counted quickly.

"Well what do we have here boys? Two boys and one very pretty girl. And a dead hot chick, how unfortunate."  They were a gang. I swore, and silently put the gun behind my back.  Tucker and the man both were up by now, backing up.

"Looks like we've got a blazing billy here? Bet they've got cash, we get to see blood spilled, and a hot young gal." I raised my eyebrows. Leaning down casually, I felt another gun on the woman, inside her coat. I conspicuously grabbed it, leaning over. 

"Please misters, just leave us alone. We don't mean no harm, just let us be, eh?" I put on my accent, going back to my roots. I was in home turf here, in Queens. 

"Oh, so we've got a lassie from here. So tell me, pretty, why is that woman dead?" One of them asked me. How many could I take out?  I didn't know how many bullets they had. It was silent, until I spoke. 

"I'm so sorry." I said calmly, and they all looked confused. Even Tucker looked a bit bewildered.

I took as many shots as I could before they could react, all with precise aim. Getting three in the forehead, I grabbed the other gun and shot the rest down. There was no time to react, in seconds they were all dead on the ground. I had very good aim.  I heard Tucker shout and turned to see a gun to his back. The man from BrickStone pushed him to me.  Seriously dude? I take out six people and you get caught?

"Get your ass down girlie! If you move, I'll shoot. Same goes for you bucko!" He pointed his gun at Tucker. Who said bucko anymore?

"Fine, fine. But you can't kill us, or you won't find the treasure!" I smiled at him, lowering myself to the ground. Casually reaching into my pocket, I grabbed my gun.

"The treasure? What treasure?" He sounded genuinley confused. I heard Tucker snicker.

"The treasure of I'm a wiener." I explained, trying to keep a straight face. God I love the Simpsons.

"I'm a wiener?" He wondered aloud, and I burst out laughing with Tucker. He looked mighty pissed off at that moment. I shot him in the arm, and he howled with pain. 

"Listen bucko." I walked over to him. "You tell L, and BrickStone, that I will not go down without a fight. Just kidding, you won't be telling anyone anything." I snickered, and shot. Did he really think that he would live after that?

"Elise, you just shot down six, and killed eight in like two minutes!" He exclaimed. 

"I know, it's my job. Assassin, remember?" Had I told him? I guess not. We walked out of the alley, and it took quite a while. Thankfully, the night was loud, and gunshots were a regular thing. Tucker and I walked to a pay phone, and I handed him some change. 

"Hey, Danny! Yeah, can you come pick us up? BrickStone was chasing us, and.. okay! I picked up a girl, Elise? Elise.." He trailed off. "Silver." I supplied. 

"Elise Silver! Dude, calm down, I'll see you in twenty." He hung up, looking tired. It was almost six thirty in the morning for us. 

"Danny is freaking out, something about needing you, and coincidences. Well aren't you special!" He grinned. I rolled my eyes, everyone seemed to want or need me. 

"By the way Tucker, it was 550." He groaned and swore. This man gets way to excited over childish games. 

"Okay! Let's play I spy." I smiled, and nodded. We needed something to pass the time.

"I spy something that is green. Um, it's plastic, and neon." I looked around, pleased when I recognized where we were.

"It's Louella's café sign, I used to hang out there with..Never mind." Trailing off, I looked around. 

A few minutes passed with aimless games until a sleek black car pulled up, and a head stuck out the window.

"It's about  bloody time you got here Dan, what's up!" Tucker smiled. The man, Danny smiled at him and looked over at me. 

"Elise Silver." He said in awe, and jumped out of the car. Coming around, he shook my hand.

"I'm starstruck. I would ask for an autograph, but that would be creepy. Come on, sit with me in the front!" He opened the door for me. I climbed in while Tucker took the back. 

"Classic Danny. Leave the buddy you've known for five years in the back, while the chick you've known for five seconds gets shotgun.  Real cool Dan." He muttered. 

"What, she's hot!" He grinned at me. Like that was some defense. His cell phone rang and he answered it with a smile.

"I got you buddy, do you want to speak to her? No? Um, okay. See you in three weeks Boss, bye." He hung up quickly.

"Who was that?" I asked. He shrugged my question off.

"Just my boss, he's really chill. Let's go back to the base, I bet you're exhausted." I couldn't agree more, and my eyelids were starting to droop.

"Go to sleep Elise, you too Tucker." Leaning against the window, I closed my eyes and let my body relax.

"Soon, it'll be over. It will all be over." I heard him chuckle as I drifted off. 

Great, another person who wants me dead. 

A.N. All those names are from the movie Ted. There's a scene where he lists off a bunch of white-trash names. Go watch it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 832 67
'Monsters are real, as much as we want to deny their existence, and sometimes, when you close your eyes and wait for them to go away, they're still t...
14.9K 560 6
Note: Please refrain from controversial remarks and comments. This story is not written to offend any religion and culture. If you cannot digest it...
27.2K 869 58
"Pain was something I was very familiar with and had grown to manipulate and wield as a weapon. But our love would prove to be far more deadly." . ✧...
13.1K 240 49
Estella was presented as "Dead". After a dark past, she becomes Angelina Clark aka Trigger. Angelina was filled with hate and sought revenge for her...