𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗞 | Hwang Hyunj...

By dandyskz

"Once again I walk towards you, One more step, I'll never stop, I'll always be on track." ... More

!!!
| o n e |
| t w o |
| t h r e e |
| f o u r |
| f i v e |
| s i x |
| s e v e n |
| e i g h t |
| n i n e |
| t e n |
| e l e v e n |
| t w e l v e |
| t h i r t e e n |
| f o u r t e e n |
| f i f t e e n |
| s i x t e e n |
| s e v e n t e e n |
| e i g h t e e n |
| n i n e t e e n |
| t w e n t y |
| t w e n t y - o n e |
| t w e n t y - t w o |
| t w e n t y - t h r e e |
| t w e n t y - f o u r |
| t w e n t y - f i v e |
| t w e n t y - s i x |
| t w e n t y - s e v e n |
| t w e n t y - e i g h t |
| t w e n t y - n i n e |
| t h i r t y |
| t h i r t y - o n e |
| t h i r t y - t w o |
| t h i r t y - t h r e e |
| t h i r t y - f o u r |
| t h i r t y - f i v e |
| t h i r t y - s i x |
| t h i r t y - s e v e n |
| t h i r t y - e i g h t |
| t h i r t y - n i n e |
| f o r t y |
| f o r t y - o n e |
| f o r t y - t w o |
| f o r t y - t h r e e |
| f o r t y - f o u r |
| f o r t y - f i v e |
| f o r t y - s i x |
| f o r t y - e i g h t |
Outro :]
[A/N]..heh.

| f o r t y - s e v e n |

1.9K 62 205
By dandyskz

Minho stayed still in his sitting position, staring at the letter his friend has given to him. It was unbearable for him to continue reading further, his heart still so broken as he exhaled through his nose.

I'm sorry, Minho.
I know I said it a lot already in this letter but it will still never be enough, and for that I'm sorry. I truly want to take the pain I gave you away.

I know it sucks that, I had to end it this way. It sucks that, I didn't go to you. I know, it sucks. I'm sorry. I honestly hate myself for hurting you like this, you deserve so much better but I was a fool.

I hope you know that you are the most precious thing that has ever happened to me and I'm- well I was, so lucky to have loved you. To even be someone you loved? Damn. I was hella lucky. I took you for granted and I'm sorry.

Thank you for everything. I know you probably don't want to hear from me, but I can't leave this country with no words.

If, if we ever get to meet again one day. I hope I can see you smiling. Don't give up your wonderful dreams just because of the pain I gave you. I know it's selfish of me to say this but you have every right to live as you like. Even though we're far away, I will always support you in my heart.

I love you, always. Thank you for everything.

And I'm sorry.

"What is this," he whispered, chuckling to himself. "All that, why?" he bit his bottom lip, containing the tears that threatened to fall.

Minho folded the letter once again, looking up at the ceiling to stop his tears. "Wah Kang Yejin, you're-," he sighed. He felt anger. Rage. But most of all, the loss of trust because of the betrayal.

What killed him the most is that, despite all that, he knew he still loved her. Deep inside, she was still his world. But he just couldn't bring himself to forgive her. At least not yet. The pain was intolerable.

A meowing from the side caused him to divert his attention, his tears taking advantage of the freedom to fall as he forced a smile. "Why? Are you hungry?"

Minho wiped his semi-dry tears. "Doongie- where-," his words cut off as he watched his cat place his paw on top of his phone. "Don't-,"

'Meow' the cat glared as she aimed to do something daring. Doongie pushed the phone with his soft, innocent, and delicate paws, letting out a sound afterward.

Minho reached his hand out hastily as a reflex, catching the device in his hands. "Aigoo-," he took it in his hands. "That was close," he then looked at his furry friend. "I mean- why would you do that hm? Mom and dad will be frustrated if I broke this."

"Are you hungry? Sleepy?" Minho ran his hand through her head. The cat could only let out a sound of meow before laying down on his tummy.

The oldest of the trio then made her way to his lap. Her green big eyes looked right up at him as she reached her furry arms out, urging him to do something as Soonie pats her paws on his shoulder.

Minho rubbed her back before leaning in to peck her nose. "What is it?" Minho watched as the cat settled down and placed her chin on top of his phone, making the boy's eyebrow raise.

"No," he muttered. "I won't do that, you know your dad, I can't~," Minho cleared his throat before slowly putting the cat away. "I'll get your snacks, wait," Minho stood up from his bed before walking towards a cabinet.

He then took cat food into his hands. "Let's eat~." Minho felt paws upon his foot when he turned around, the oldest walking past by his feet as she leaned into his legs, letting out a purr.

Dori then pushed the phone towards him. "What do you guys want with my phone hm?" He laughed. "You guys are acting strange," he let out before bending down, patting Soonie. "Alright line up, let's eat and fill our tummy~."

The three cats, instead of gathering up, scattered away. Two of them hid in their beloved crib while the other only attempted to hide under the blanket, causing him to chuckle.

"You guys don't want this? That's weird, it's your favorite.."

Doongie pushed the letter out of the blanket, letting it fall on the floor. "It's no use, her flight's today, you know." He gulped and sat down on the floor.

'Meow'

"Ah, you three," Minho sighed before grabbing the phone. "I'll try. Only once. If she doesn't pick up, then no more, how's that sound?"

Dori and Soongie came out of their tiny house as if they agreed with that thought.

Minho tsked and shook his head before opening his contacts. His eyes then landed on the contact's name; "내 사랑ㅇㅇ 😎😘😐🦔❣️ㅋ" [my loveee]

"Aigoo. Did I not change this yet?" He raised both of his eyebrows before shaking his head, slowly pressing on the call button.

Minho shut his eyes close before turning around from his cats to face the cabinet and then moved on to place the phone against his ear, listening to the ringing.

The boy bit his bottom lip in anxiety as he sighed, immediately giving up due to the fear. "I don't th-,"

"Minho," the girl from the other line breathed out, almost in complete shock as she picked up the call.

Minho pressed his lips together, letting only his breathing be heard.

"You called- I-, you must have read the letter i-,Yejin couldn't complete a sentence- babbling things, the sound of the airport's announcement emitting from her line.

[...]

Still not hearing from him, she nodded to herself. "Okay, it's okay you don't have to talk."

"To even just get a call and you listening is enough," Yejin gulped. "I-I I have uhm fifteen minutes left, can, can you waste that time with me?"

[...]

"Okay. I'll take that as a yes."

"Have you eaten? I hope you have. I-, I'm going to miss the cats,"  Yejin let out a soft chuckle. "Make sure they eat well so they're healthy because they also have to make sure their dad eats well too,"

"The things I wrote on that. My emotions were raw and pure. Just so you know,"  Yejin looked down on her feet, biting her bottom lip.

Ten minutes.

"I'm sorry Lee Minho. For everything,"  Yejin apologized yet again. "Please always stay healthy and safe. Know that, I'm really grateful for you."

[...]

Five minutes.

"Let Hyunjin and Seunghee know about my apology for them too. I probably caused them a hard time, same goes for her brother."

Four minutes.

Yejin smacked her lips together, not knowing what to say anymore. The silence deafened her further. "Thank you for calling me anyways and reading the letter,"

Three minutes.

"I have to go now, they're forming a line already,there was sadness in her voice. She knew she didn't deserve the sadness or the tears that wanted to fall from her eyes. After all, she was the one who hurt him, not the other way around.

It was her fault. So why would she cry? She didn't deserve it. She was the bad guy, not him, not anyone, but her.

She turned into someone she was afraid of becoming, and she let it happen. It was her fault.

Still, it was stubborn. Her tears found their way to fall through her cheeks, causing her to cover her mouth- not wanting Minho to find out.

Yejin let out a sigh as she wiped both of her eyes with a chuckle. "I'm really sorry," Yejin said once more.

'Yejin are you crying?' Minho heard an old lady's almost fainted voice from the other line.

"No, mom, haha no, why would-,"

One minute.

Minho let out a sigh as his index finger scratched and fidgeted upon his thumb. He then faced heavenward, looking at his ceiling as he heard her last goodbye. "I have to go, Minho. I'm sorry, and thank you for your time."

Yejin bit her bottom lip, not wanting to pull the phone away from her ear as she waited. But Minho didn't want to say anything— nor could he force himself to. The boy could only hum while the girl on the other line forced a smile.

"Goodbye." Yejin pulled her phone away in acceptance of his understandable silence and then pressed on the red button, sniffling. The girl then took a deep breath before sighing, forcing a smile as she faced her mother.

Yejin wiped her tears and stood up. "Let's go, mom."

Minho stared at his device. Parts of him felt guilty for not saying anything, but he just couldn't do it. He held his tongue and stayed quiet.

It was better that way.

"Have a safe flight... Kang Yejin."

——————————————————————

February 21, 2 days after their last interaction. | 12:49 am

Hyunjin stared at his phone, shifting in his bed from one side to another. Finally making himself comfortable by laying on his stomach, the boy hummed.

I mean, it's been two days, I'm sure she's already settled in right?

What if they're having family time though-

Wait- no it's midnight already.
Is she still up?

I wonder if she got through the car ride easily...

Hyunjin groaned as he buried his face into his pillow.

Why do I keep thinking about you?

He sighed, lifted his head then shook it. "I'll just do it, whatever." He started typing.

kseungh_

@kkamihhj_
Are you up?
seen

Oh! She saw it.

A smile crept into Hyunjin's lips at that sight.

@kseungh_
No, I'm down

@kkamihhj_
what-🤨

@kseungh_
I'm not up
I'm down
gravity :] ykyk
I'm not flying so

@kkamihhj_
What? 🤣
Are you drunk or something
What's with this sudden physics talk lol

@kseungh_
No idk
What's up though?

@kkamihhj_
Nothing XD
Can't sleep

@kseungh_
Oh-
Same haha

@kkamihhj_
How's your new house?

@kseungh_
Pretty comfortable. Still trying to get used to it
But it's good so far.
Jeongin broke a doorknob on the first morning here though

@kkamihhj_
Oh wow really
How-

@kseungh_
Idk either 😂
He just came running to my aunt and said he broke it.
I swear, he's secretly hulk

@kkamihhj_
Pfft.
Hulk smash 🤣🤣
seen

@kseungh_
Hyunjin

@kkamihhj_
Hm?

@kseungh_
Are you doWn

@kkamihhh_
Down for|
Dow|

@kseungh_
for some ice cream-

@kkamihhj_
Of coursee
Isn't it a bit late though?

@kseungh_
Yeah but I'm kinda craving it ㅋㅋ
It's okay if you don't want to, I don't want to force you XD

@kkamihhj_
Nahh ice cream sounds good.
I think I'm craving some too.
Want me to come over and pick you up?

@kseungh_
No it's okay, I'll walk.
I can walk through Seoul with my eyes closed, don't worry giant o(`ω' )o
Let's meet at the convenience store near the park where we always went to. How does that sound?

@kkamihhj_
Tsk okay XDD sure thing then.
Alright, I'll see you there.

@kseungh_
Okay! Thank you.
seen

Hyunjin immediately stood up and took his coat, putting it on before heading out. He carefully closed the door behind him as he placed his phone in his pocket before walking downstairs in a sneaky manner.

Seunghee, on the other hand, did the same thing. She took her scarf and wrapped it around her neck, then quietly headed out of her room after fixing herself up quickly.

The girl tip-toed from her room then through the living room. "Seunghee?"

The voice caused her to stick her lips together as she widened her eyes in a surprised manner, turning around to see her aunt with a glass of water. "Where are you going at this hour?"

"Uhm. I'm- can I- I i' have to," Seunghee fidgeted around with her hands, contemplating between a lie and the truth in nervousness. Her heart leaning closer to the truth while the subconscious dread voicing her head to lie.

"Is it a boy?" Her aunt guessed.

"Yeah- no Uhm- I mean yes," she let out. "We- Uhm," she closed her eyes then opened it again. "He's a good friend. I just wanted to walk outside, so I asked him to tag along since we both couldn't sleep anyway and- I mean- I'm not going if you don't want me to.." Seunghee spoke at a rapid pace, her nervousness outshining her concealed calmness.

"It's okay," Her aunt laughed (in an almost silent manner) only because it reminded her of her own days when she'd sneak out to meet her husband back in the days they were in love. "Just- it's late. So. Be careful."

"I will. Don't worry. I trust him," Seunghee smiles as her aunt steps forward, taking her hands. "Take this, just in case." The aunt places the pepper spray in her hands. "Ah no, it's not necessary-,"

"Still." ....  "Please?"

"Okay. I will. Thank you, auntie."

Her aunt smiled, "come back around two. It's really late, you know," she fixes her hair and then her coat. "Have fun yeah? Not too much, though." Mrs. Yang chuckled jokingly as she patted her shoulders gently.

"O-okay. Yes uh I will," Seunghee was taken aback if she was honest. This was very unexpected. "I- I know the limitations of my fun- so don't worry, auntie," Seunghee stated seriously as her aunt smiled and shook her head.

"Can you walk by yourself? Or is he gonna pick you up here?"

"Walk- I'm walking."

"You know the way?"

"Yes, yes I do," she smiles. "I know it. Thank you, auntie."

"Alright," Mrs. Yang smiles and sighs. "Go on, before your uncle wakes up and finds out you're missing." She chuckled as the teen smiled. Seunghee made sure to embrace her first before walking away towards the door.

"Right. Is it perhaps, that Hyunjin guy?"

"How did you-," Seunghee turned around, yet again, to face her in shock.

"Jeongin told me a lot about him," her eyes softened as she looks back at her. "If it's him, then it's okay. He sounds like a nice person."

"He is," she muttered and smiled. "Yes, it's him."

"Sweet then," She chuckled. "Ah now go on, go on, he might be waiting."

"Thank you, auntie. Good night."

"Good night."

1:43 am

Hyunjin waited patiently, his legs shaking as he did so. He sat and stared at the window inside the convenience store. His eyes moved from the left to the right as he took a deep breath, seeing no signs of anyone.

Is she okay?
Ah, it's too late already.
Hyunjin, you're so stupid..
You should've just insisted.

He bit his bottom lip before sighing. Hyunjin decided it was too long already. All sorts of possibilities stormed in his mind and the only thing he should do now is to look for her.

He stood up and went through the stalls, his heart feeling as if it shivered in worry. "Thank you for coming," the cashier greeted. "Good night, sir."

"Ah- I'm still coming back but thank you, goodnight," he smiles a bit and bows. The boy then made his way outside the store, checking his phone one last time.

To his surprise, and such a coincidental timing, a caller appeared on his screen. With no hesitance, he picked it up.

"Hello?" He said almost immediately.

"Heh. Giant. So uh- one small problem."

"Hm?"

"Turns out I can't walk through Seoul even with my eyes wide open." She laughed nervously on the other line.

"I mean-," She continued. "I think I went through every intersection but I keep finding unfamiliar places and it kept getting darker like- the streetlights are so dim so I just came back here in the middle-," she gasped to herself at a sudden realization as she turned around. "I don't think I even remember where I came from in the first place-."

Hyunjin chuckled almost in relief as he looked down on his feet. "I'm just glad you're alive."

"What do you see there? Like around you? I'll just come to you." He then lifted his head.

"Uh, it's like a ghost town here honestly, the stores are all close, the only lights here are the streetlights. Oh wait there's a closed pharmacy here-," Seunghee squinted her eyes to read the almost faded name. "Seoulful Pharmacy?"

"Oh- wait, I know that place. I pass by there after my practices last year. Stay there, I'll come."

"Hyunjin!-."

"Hm?"

"Can- can you like stay on the call? Please?" Her voice lowers. "I mean- you know- just to like, kill the silence here-," Seunghee gulped. "I mean- I'm not scared, but-,"

Hyunjin chuckled and nodded, humming as a response as he kept the phone pressed against his ears while walking through the streets. "Mhm~ alright. I'll stay with you then."

"I mean- why would I be scared- not bragging or anything," Seunghee made sure that whoever was 1-5 meters near would hear her in defense. "But I have- I've got a black belt in taekwondo you know. One poke from me, you're shattered into pieces." Seunghee turned around 360° to make sure no one was near.

"Tsk. Really?" Hyunjin laughed and shook his head as he continued walking.

"Of course! I mastered it so well that I almost - broke- someone's- back, you know- that was, yikes. But well he was being rude so,"

"Didn't know the Kim Seunghee did taekwondo. Cool fact cool fact."

"Obviously. What can Seunghee not do?," She laughed jokingly, trying to hide her inner nervousness.
"Shit- what was that sound-," she whispered to herself, flinching.

"You okay? I'm almost there," Hyunjin snickered quietly.

Hyunjin finally arrived at the diagonal crosswalk intersection, reading the pharmacy with a sigh of relief. The boy then laid his eyes on the girl who was walking back and forth— making such moves as if she was fighting a ghost.

Hyunjin blinked blankly as she heard her speak in the line. "I can defeat whoever comes near me," Seunghee exclaimed when she heard another strange noise, causing him to flinch a little. "What are you doing?" Hyunjin laughed which was heard in her device and her environment, causing her to look around— seeing the tallboy just a few meters away from her.

"Oh- Giant-," Seunghee straightened her back from her previous pose and then put her phone away as the boy ended the call with a smile. "I'm here now," Hyunjin said as he approached her, placing his phone in his pockets.

"Oh so it was that way," she whispered to herself as she looked at the area where he came from. "Ack. Sorry I actually slept on the way to the new house so I didn't know which way we went to-."

"It's alright," Hyunjin chuckled. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Ah sorry, I made you wait for too long."

"It's fine, I didn't mind waiting," He chuckled and then nodded his head towards the place where he came from. "Still up for that ice cream?"

"Of course!"

Seunghee tasted the sweet, chocolaty, cold, and minty blue-green, mint chocolate ice cream. Her mouth craved for more as it melted into her tongue. Seunghee let out a sigh of relief. "As expected, mint choco will always be the love of my life," she whispered to herself as she nodded her head, staring lovingly at the cup.

"Me too. Makes me want to marry it," Hyunjin agreed as they walked side by side. Seunghee laughed and shook her head. "In that case, I'll marry you guys, I gotchu," she jokingly smiled up at him before looking at the empty playground.

"Ooh let's go on that swing!" Seunghee exclaimed before jogging towards it— still being yet so caring for her ice cream before sitting down on one of them. Hyunjin blinked and shook his head with a visible smile, taking another spoon of his ice cream before walking towards her.

The boy then sat on the swing, looking at the girl who stared at the sky as she rested her head against the chains. "It's cloudy today," she smiles and took another spoonful of mint choco. Letting the ice cream melt in her mouth first, she then smiled once again. "Still, ice cream under the night sky is always perfect."

"You're right," Hyunjin smiled, finishing the remaining ice cream in his cup. "Mine's finished though," he laughed at the timing and placed it down on his lap with his hand still wrapped around it. "You want some of mine?" She offers her cup to which he shook his head.

"We don't share the love of our lives don't we?"

"Pfft," Seunghee chuckled, retrieving her cup to herself. "You're right," she started to empty her cup, placing it down upon her lap as well to avoid sore muscle in her arms for holding it up for too long. "Ah! Right, I forgot to ask!"

Hyunjin looked at her quickly at that sudden exclamation, his eyebrows rising involuntarily in curiosity. "Hm?"

"How was the hospital visit? Did you get to talk with your mom?"

"Oh," he smiles softly and then nods. "Actually we didn't talk much. I just- the moment I saw her, she had her arms open and," he looks in front of him. "I hug her, and cried." He laughed. "I'm a crybaby you know."

"But actually- it was nice," he took a deep breath. "It's like, that hug was all I longed for because afterward, I felt better." Hyunjin hummed. "It kinda saddens me a bit because my parents clearly have fallen out of love, and it was like clear right there, before my eyes, but, well, I mean- they're happy."

"If they're happy, then I'm happy." Hyunjin nodded to himself before looking back at her. "I also got to meet my little brother," he chuckled. "He was so cute. So tiny and so calm."

"While looking at him, I realized, he needed my mom more than I do. I'm fine as I am, I just want him to be protected— and hopefully, he has her for the rest of his life."

"My mom does look much more prepared as a mother now- unlike when I was born," Hyunjin scratched the back of his neck. "Of course- not saying that she wasn't a great mom, she was the perfect one and still is. I just felt like I gave her a hard time, is all."

Seunghee smiles and slowly shook her head. "I don't really know but for the way I see it, your mom loved you, that's why she endured those hardships and did everything she could to raise you well— even if she did leave in the end, she still loved you purely after all these years."

"The first time she saw you and cradled you in her arms, I just know that she was happy— and perhaps a little anxious, but maybe that's just because despite not knowing how to, she wanted to give you everything. That's how much you mean to her. She longed to give you a good life."

"You didn't give her a hard time. That's just how it is to be a mother- or a parent I guess. You go through hard times just so your child can have a good life. I wouldn't know though," she whispered. "I can only imagine what it's like."

"Me too," he smiles and lets out a sigh. "But yeah, that's that. I'm just happy as it is now." He admitted. "There's just one thing that I keep thinking about lately."

"What is it?" Seunghee tilted her head as she faces him, her hands gripping tightly on the chain. "I mean- it's just a thought- it's probably stupid," He scratched his head as Seunghee shook her head. "Nah nothing is stupid as long as you're only wondering. Say it, it's okay."

Hyunjin nodded and then smacked his lips together, humming. "Okay- well- I mean- do people really fall out of love that easily?"

"No- not at all," Seunghee said without hesitancy— causing a slight shock at the boy. "I mean- I don't know- it takes a long time, especially if you were literally in love with that person. It takes a long, long time," Seunghee shrugged. "But at some point, it seems like it's easy because sometimes, just one second- one second sometimes changes everything."

"Like-," Seunghee paused, trying to think it through. "Ah I honestly don't know but no people don't fall out of love that easily, I know that well," she smiles almost forcedly before getting off the swing and stretching her arms.

"Oh, it's okay, it made sense somehow. I did have a hard time falling out of love myself." Hyunjin smiles back. "I agree, though. One second can change something," he took a deep breath. "Hm," he looked down on his feet. "I guess that's life."

"But it still was a privilege to see them loving each other at some point yeah?" Seunghee reached her hand out to him. "Sometimes, people need to let go of their loved ones, not because they hate them, but because they love them so much that they start thinking that it's better that way, for both of them."

Hyunjin eyed the hand that was offered to him then at the girl in front of him. He chuckles and takes the hand, getting off the swing. "Nevertheless," Seunghee pulls him to his feet. "It was a privilege."

"To love and to be loved," she finally smiles. "I honestly don't know much about love but I believe in that privilege." Seunghee shrugged and chuckles.

Hyunjin returns the smile at the shorter girl, their presence being more than just comfortable as his eyes light up— looking at her as if she was the only thing that ever mattered in this universe.

He didn't even try to hide that anymore.

"You're right. It is a privilege.." He finally replies, still staying close to her- their figure just a few inches apart from each other.

Seunghee cleared her throat then turned around with a burst of rather awkward laughter. "I'll just throw this-," she holds up the cup awkwardly as her right-hand scratches the back of her head. "I'll throw yours too- if,"

"It's okay," he breathed out. "I'll throw mine."

"Okay!" Seunghee allowed only her eyes to smile before turning around to head towards the trash bin. The boy followed her afterward, his heart feeling a little stuffy in nervousness.

I didn't make her feel uncomfortable right? Ah, why did I have that stupid smile on my face?

Seunghee threw the cup into the bin— watching another cup get tossed by a huge hand in front of her. The girl gulped and took a deep breath, trying to calm down her racing heart.

What's wrong with you, Seunghee? Calm yourself.

She situates her gaze upon her feet as she took quiet deep breaths. "So," Hyunjin rubbed the back of his nape as the girl looks at him, waiting for him to say what he wanted to say.

"Uhm," he looks around him, spotting a tree nearby. "Do you want to sit there? Let's watch the river for a while, if you want-," Hyunjin faces her again with a smile.

"Sure-," Seunghee nods. "Sure." She repeated with a smile that took only a while before she bit her bottom lip as they made their way towards the tree. Hyunjin sat down on the grass, leaving a space for her to occupy.

They both sat, crossed-legged as Hyunjin leaned his back on the tree. "The river is cool," she mumbles. "It stays still even on the darkest and coldest night." Seunghee raised both of her eyebrows at that thought, her lips letting out a sigh as Hyunjin hummed along, nodding.

The wind blew.

Chaos seemed to calm down as time passed by. But there was something between them that made them feel somehow, yet, still so uneasy. Maybe it was the unspoken words. Maybe.

The silence, the silence was too comfortable, too beautiful, and too peaceful to be broken. However, they knew inside their hearts that they had to say something, because subconsciously, they felt uneasy knowing that this precious, yet so fragile, silence- at this very moment, was temporary.

Someday, it'll just be memories while both of them would move on with their life.

And she hoped that someday would still be, far-away, and he did too.

Actually,

He didn't want that day to come at all.

"Seunghee," Hyunjin called out in a soft tone as he stared at the cold and calm river. "What if, I don't want us to only just be friends?" He looks at her as he asked— the girl quickly turned her head to face him. "Huh?"

"Uh- I mean- on the, on the day I took the letters, for Minho-," Hyunjin babbled, not knowing where to start, an instant panic overshadowing him now that she locked eye contact with him. "I don't," he sighs a little. "I don't think I can live without you."

"Maybe seeing me smile would be enough for you, but I- I wouldn't have found my smile again if it wasn't for you and," Hyunjin paused and then chuckled, suddenly loss of words. He couldn't explain it- his feelings were growing and he knew he couldn't keep avoiding it.

He doesn't want to regret things again.

"You said that sometimes, one second changes everything, just now."

"That one second changed at the Ferris wheel, when you started to mean a lot to me."

"Actually maybe even before that," he played around with his hands and then licked his lips— chuckling after. "Now I'm the one being talkative," Hyunjin looked down and sniffled a bit due to the chilly weather and then took the courage to look back up at her.

"I like you," he breathed out. "No wait- I mean-," he gulped. "I love you, Kim Seunghee.." he gently pressed his lips together. "I hope you continue to let your feelings grow for me."

"Because I don't think I can ever contain mine. It's been driving me crazy, even after a tiring day, I just want to tell you all about it all the time. You're always in my head and nothing seems to get you out of it."

Not that he minded though.

"I feel like I've fallen deeper for you."

Hyunjin bit his bottom lip. His heart began to beat fast out of the sudden anxiety at this confession. He never pushed himself to confess to anyone before. But he knew his feelings, even if it was indescribable, he knew what he felt was true so he urged himself to say it.

Now or never.

His lips let out words that he never thought he would say — words that used to be corny to him became so sweet and it just felt good to say. Hyunjin stared at her— his dark-brown-eyes' gaze sinking deeper into hers as he took a small deep breath before concluding his confession.

"I'm in love with you."

"And," Hyunjin said in such a serious yet, soft tone. "And, I want to be more than just friends. More than just best friends, maybe soulmates?" He chuckled a bit at his own tongue chattering sorts of things before sniffling again at the breeze, regaining his seriousness back. "I want to love you. And to be loved by you, Seunghee."

Seunghee was left, speechless.

It was sudden.

Way too sudden.

She was sure. So sure, it was only her.
It was only her who liked him.
Who fell for him.

Was.

But now she was wrong.

Suddenly, he was the one saying everything she felt about him. It was as if, he took all her knowledge in her vocabulary and left her nothing, not even a letter.

Her mouth sealed close as her eyes gradually widened. She needed a moment.

Seunghee looked down at her hand as Hyunjin tilts his head slightly, eager to hear an answer from her. "Gi- I mean Hyunjin- I -," she took a deep breath. "Oh wow," she sniffled and chuckled. "I'm- this is-."

Seunghee took a moment to find the right words.
To find her words.

Letting out a small sigh to calm her racing heart, she looks up and smiles.

"I'm in love with you too, Hwang Hyunjin," She took his hands into hers, their eyes locking eye contact. "I," Seunghee started, finally picking up the courage and confidence to say. "I love you."

Hyunjin couldn't help but smile at that comment, not being able to stop himself as he withdrew his hands from hers— only to place them on her warm, rosy cheeks.

The boy leaned in slowly.

He felt his heart jump and skip beats.  And he smiled at that sudden tickling feeling in his heart as he leaned in.

Maybe he seemed like a fool, just suddenly doing this, but there was no other way he could do to express his feelings for her at this special moment.

But he first, stopped and looked into her eyes. "May I?" Hyunjin whispered to still be sure while eyeing her as she slowly nodded.

Seunghee's heart was racing as he leaned closer and as he started to adjust his head to tilt a little, her eyes automatically closing when their lips touched.

The kiss was gentle and soft as ever. It was love and joy, and it seemed like everything that shattered them slowly built picked itself up, pieces by pieces as they closed their eyes in the passionate moment.

Hyunjin could only smile through the kiss as she did the same, she couldn't contain it.

Slowly pulling away, they both took a soft deep breath. Taking their time to slowly open their eyes and look at each other, eye to eye.

His eyes glistened as he smiled, his hands still cupped around her cheeks. Hyunjin adjusted his head to meet her eye level more accurately as he brushes her bangs off her forehead.

Seunghee only closed her mouth, not being able to say anything. She could only feel the butterflies in her stomach and the heat in her heart as it rose into her cheeks— painting the soft, yet, bright red color into it.

She took a small deep breath as his gentle stare falls deeper into her eyes.

I'm not dreaming, right?

Hyunjin snickered softly in relief as he scanned her face, from her lips to her nose, to her eyes, and until on her forehead. "Your scar is healing," he whispered as he brushed his thumb against her forehead. "That's a relief."

Seunghee felt the slight sting as if the universe answered her question. Her head flinching slightly as she could finally chuckle. "Yeah," she gulped and then spoke comfortably. "It's healing."

"Sorry," Hyunjin withdrew his hands from her face as he still kept that wide smile on his face. "It's okay," she smiles back.

[...]

"I love you." Hyunjin randomly- but meaningfully says.

"I love you too."

.. "A lot."

4:24 am

Their hands intertwined as they walked side by side. The warmth and softness of their hands, relieving them from the cold weather of the cold morning.

Hyunjin lands his eyes on the girl who kept her head down low, staring at her shoes as she kept her mouth closed.

She's quiet.

"Earth to Seunghee?~," Hyunjin starts in a sing-song tone, swinging their hands to which stole her attention as she looks up at him. "Hm?" She responded in confusion. "Why?"

"Why are you so quiet? Is something wrong?" Hyunjin asks worriedly. "Are you tired?"

"Huh? No," Seunghee let out a peal of abashed laughter. "No. I'm just, I don't know, confused at some point." She giggled and shrugged. "I mean, it, it feels joyful- the fact that our feelings are mutual."

"But, I'm just, shocked?" She looks up at him as they stop walking. "I mean, I think I liked you ever since we first met. I kept liking you since then until I started denying it and then I found out something and suddenly-," Seunghee took a deep breath and shook her head. "It's just all happening so fast and it's-, shocking."

"I'm really happy and lucky. But it feels like a dream, really," she scratched her head while tilting her head to the side as Hyunjin chuckled. "It's not a dream though~," he smiles at her and tilts his head at the same angle she tilted her head at— in order to look at her eye-to-eye.

"It's real. My feelings are real and I bet it was hard liking someone for that long, so, for that, thank you," Hyunjin smiled. "I know it caused you pain at some point too, but regardless of that, thank you for still liking me."

Hyunjin hummed. "It might have sounded selfish, but really, thank you. I want to give back to you more of the love you gave me," — "you taught me how to love again and I want to use that knowledge and all my effort and every single love I have in my heart for you."

Hyunjin took her other hand into his and squished both of them gently as he lifts his head back. Seunghee did the same, her thoughts washing away at his loving and sincere words. She felt her heart calm down and the heaviness of the anchor called anxiety, lift.

Seunghee began to smile more reassuringly. Despite still subconsciously thinking that she didn't deserve it- nor did it feel real, her love for him overshadowed her— and for once, she just wanted to focus on that.

"Thank you, Hyunjin," Seunghee blurted out sincerely. "Don't," Hyunjin replied and shook his head. "I didn't do anything."

"Yeah, you sure did a lot. My heart fluttered," she chuckled. "Not only because of your sweet words, but mostly because of the relief that I got to give your heart a second chance at loving people."

"Your heart is beautiful, Hwang Hyunjin. Don't forget that," Seunghee pats his head. "I'm lucky to be able to have some love from that heart of yours! More than a privilege."

"Tsk, you should take a look at the love I'm receiving from yours," Hyunjin took her hand that was currently upon his head while looking at her with a smile, before intertwining her hands. "Don't overthink it any more okay?"

"We'll take one step at a time, whatever issue we stumble upon in the future, we'll work it out together," he took a deep breath. "For now, I love you. That's the honest reality. And, yes, Seunghee, you deserve to love me and to be loved by me. Honestly if one day, it becomes illegal to love you, I'd still love you anyway. And that's the truth."

"What-," Seunghee laughed shyly as she situated her stare at their intertwined hands. "Are you a mind reader or something, you always seem to call me out just like that."

Hyunjin laughed. "No, I'm just 'the' Hwang Hyunjin."

"Pfft.." She smiled to herself and then shook her head. "Thank you for the reassurance," she first whispered. "I'm lucky. Really lucky."

"To have the Hwang Hyunjin?" Hyunjin snickered. "Of course. But I'm luckier to have the Kim Seunghee."

"Alright I see you giant," she laughed as she looked up at him. "I'd keep arguing with you about who is luckier for centuries, but it'll take us- well centuries- and we both have to head home so let's settle down on the fact that we're both lucky."

"Okay, I agree," Hyunjin laughed along before turning around to face front as they both continued to walk on the sidewalk alongside each other.

"I'm quite doomed," Seunghee brought up quietly as he looked over at her. "Why is that?"
"My curfew was two hours ago."

"Well if you let the guy who knew how to get through Seoul without opening his eyes pick you up in the first place then maybe-," He shrugs, clearly joking. "Yeah I know, I know," she tsked. "I was confident though, but guess you shouldn't be too confident about something."

"Mhm~ it's alright though," Hyunjin smiles. "I don't think I'd be able to have the courage to ask you out if those two extra hours weren't spent together."

"I'd probably be at bed, regretting not doing anything about it," Hyunjin chuckled honestly, swinging their hands a bit as Seunghee laughed along. "I'd definitely be the same."

Their little giggles at that same thought swam through their atmosphere. Random topics were brought up after another as they walked hand-in-hand, just immersed in the little world they owned.

"Oh. We're here," Seunghee stopped her tracks at the familiarization of the building, feeling her hand swing slower and slower until it stopped. "Already?" He muttered before looking up at the house. "Your new house is quite big."

"Yeah.." Seunghee snickered quietly as they faced each other. "Thank you for walking me home and eating ice cream underneath the stars with me," Seunghee whispered.

Hyunjin smiles and leans down close to her level. "And thank you for letting me see you do your blackbelt skilled moves."

Thank you for letting me love you, too.

"Black bel-," Seunghee shook her head. "Oh gosh- that's another-," she laughed out of embarrassment. "Okayy, you know what, at least acknowledged me and my cool moves." Seunghee smiles confidently. "Gives you an idea of what happens when in danger yeah?"

Hyunjin pftted and then shooked his head while smiling to himself. His eyes then traced down at their hands as he sighed, not wanting to let go at all.

"Okay.." he said. "It's really late so you need to get some rest," Hyunjin muttered while nodding to himself but then looked up at her again with hesitance. "I should-," he still let his hand's grip tight. "Okay," Hyunjin breathed out as he urged himself to open his hands and let go.

Their hands slowly pulled away from each other as the boy's lips slowly turn into a slight pout. "Goodnight," Hyunjin mumbles almost sadly, causing the girl to smile a bit in sadness.

With almost no hesitancy, Seunghee pulled him into her own embrace, her arms wrapping around his neck as he gets surprised. "Goodnight," she whispered, her feet tip-toeing to support her. "I love you."

Hyunjin wrapped his arms around her waist securely as he smiled at those three words. "I love you," Hyunjin replies, resting his chin upon her shoulder into the comfort of the hug.

Seunghee closes her eyes only to cherish these few minutes of long comfort before slowly pulling away from the embrace. Her arms still wrapped around his neck as he looked down at her.

Hyunjin didn't want to go home yet, not at all. The hours they previously spent felt as if it flew by too fast, and he just wanted to spend at least a bit more with her. But he had no choice. It was late after all, and she needed to rest after all.

Her health matters more than anything to him.

Hyunjin stared at her, whispering. "You should head on inside, it's getting cold," he says in a sad tone before leaning in to peck her forehead. "Goodnight, Clumsy."

"Pft, goodnight, Giant." Seunghee leaves a small kiss on his cheeks, causing it to paint itself in the color red as he pressed his lips together. The girl then slowly withdraws her arms to herself with a smile before turning around to head inside her house.

Hyunjin watches the figure as it, first, looks back to wave, and then make its way inside the house, his heart happy yet, lonely, now that the girl has gone.

With no signs of Seunghee outdoors, he slowly moved his hand that previously waved back to hold onto his chest that felt as if it has exploded.

Hyunjin chuckled to himself at the fluttering feeling in his heart, making him feel safe and joyful.

Knowing that he had to head home, he takes one last look at the building with a smile before turning back to the left as he pushes his hair back. "I miss her already, tsk," he whispered to himself before sighing as he slithered his hands into his pockets.

Good night, Kim Seunghee.
Have sweet dreams.

———————————————————————

A/N: two lovers, different beginning and endings :,]

bear with me on this chapt. please 😭 i wrote it at 4am and i suck at romance stuff 🤣

but yeaa the confession finally happened woohoo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 965 38
COMPLETED -choosing the cheaterㅣstray kids- ____________________ --> "I have a boyfriend. This shouldn't have happened." This was not what Hyun...
46.5K 2.2K 13
"You don't know me, Felix. I'm not a good person like you think. You really shouldn't bother yourself with me. You'll only end up getting hurt." "Wha...
330K 10.4K 50
❝do you hear that? it's the sound of my heart breaking.❞ ❝don't be dumb. jeongin's just cracking eggs.❞ hwang hyunjin and kwon areum are friends. the...
465 15 5
그의 공주 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒 *ੈ✩‧₊˚ - ( Felix/reader )/( Hyunjin/reader ) ❝God...you're so fuckin' pretty." Hyunjin murmured as they pulled apart t...