The S.H.I.E.L.D. Chronicles o...

By Elrita03

Co-writer @TylerSmith23 This story is for you and thank you for your help and all the ideas. Alex Hua has ha... More

Chronicle 1
Chronicle 2
Chronicle 3
Chronicle 4
Chronicle 5
Chronicle 6
Chronicle 7
Chronicle 8
Chronicle 9
Chronicle 10
Chronicle 11
Chronicle 12
Chronicle 14
Chronicle 15
Chronicle 16
Chronicle 17
Chronicle 18
Chronicle 19
Chronicle 20
Chronicle 21
Chronicle 22
Chronicle 23
Chronicle 24
Chronicle 25

Chronicle 13

44 0 0
By Elrita03

Season 1

Episode 3

Part: 4

Location: Republic of Malta

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quinn started talking small talk to us as he showed us his office. He started to be more careful about what he said to us. "My office had less space, more wheels," Skye said to him as she looked around his office. I held back a laugh as I thought about her van.

I looked out the windows as I said "Wow. A view of the ocean and the pool." Quinn looked at me for a little before facing Skye and saying "Not a bad place to do business."

"One champagne," Quinn asked an assistant. It was long before they came back as Quin grabbed it. He handed it to Skye as he walked back to watch. I rolled my eyes as Skye said "Thank you."

She put the drink down before dropping her earpiece in it. I did the same for extra measure just in case he thought I was going to pull something.

"Much better. Haven't felt that 'someone's watching my every move' feeling since I failed my driver's test," Skye said, trying to joke around. "You want to tell me what the hell's going on? S.H.I.E.L.D. got to you?"

Skye comforted herself a little as she said "They picked us up in L.A., we helped them in a crisis, and now they want to recruit us." Quinn picked up the champagne with our earbuds and set it on top of a counter.

"Of course they did," Quinn said as he sat down on a stool near the counter. I realized what Skye was doing as she bumped me a little with her elbow.

"So we played along. Talk about inside info. We have bunks on their plane. We've been gathering intel, biding our time until we become useful. We thought this qualified," I said to him as I started leaning on the couch. I tried to show some confidence. Skye smiled as she walked a little in front of me.

Quinn sat quietly for a moment thinking. "Why would they trust you both with a covert operation like this?" He asked as he looked at Skye, ignoring me once again.

"Something about S.H.I.E.L.D. not breaking international laws. They had no other options, whereas we like to keep ours open," She said to him smiling.

He pointed to the couch as Skye sat down. He stared at me for a while before I sat down next to her. "Hmm maybe because they were afraid of you two," Quinn said to us.

Skye looked at him in disbelief. "You're saying they wanted to rope us in because we pose a genuine threat?" Skye said to him.

"Yes, and fit their profile," Quinn said to us. "Profile?" I said to him, questionable. Quinn shot me a dirty look before looking at Skye and said "Sure. You're both criminals. You have a warrant somewhere."

Skye chuckled and said "probably." I just mumbled, "Not exactly." Quinn continued "Specialized skills set."

"I try to stay humble but fail," Skye said to him smiling. He nodded and said "No family." That hit a cord I didn't think it would. I barely noticed that Skye's smile dropped.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit a nerve, but that is what these people do. S.H.I.E.L.D. They prey on fear and loneliness and desperation, and then offer a home to those who have no else to turn to. I can offer you two something better," Quinn said to us. I glared at him as he got closer to us, more like closer to Skye. She looked unsettled with this.

"If you stay with us, there's no secrets, no lies, and no agenda. You're free to do what you do. Without big brother watching over you." It looked like Skye was actually thinking about it. She wouldn't though. Right? I stared at him as he sat near us on the couch.

"But first you have to tell me exactly what agenda S.H.I.E.L.D. sent both you in here with." I didn't say anything as Skye said "well, they wanted us to do whatever it takes to get in here." I smiled as Skye brought out her compact and started faking looking at her reflection to try and get a connection.

"Get here and....?" He said as he chuckled at us a little. "Bat my eyes," Skye said to him, smiling. "Get you talking," I said as I wished I had some champagne to drink. I leaned back on the couch. Skye closed the compact and set it on the counter.

Quinn shook his head as he said "No, you can't be the only angle. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s thorough enough to know about me and my exploits. It takes more than a pretty face and a sidekick to disarm me."

A guard walked in before he continued as he said "Sir, we have a security breach." He brought in extra guards. I smirked as Quinn got up quickly.

"Oh, the timing of that was perfect," Skye said to him, smiling. I laughed a little and said "Right."

Quinn sighed as he grabbed Skye's compact and opened it seeing the signal. He broke it and threw it on the ground as he faced his guard sliding on him before bringing a gun on us.

I leaned up and slightly pushed Skye behind me as she straightened up too. Quinn rushed at us as I pushed Skye out of the way as he grabbed me and slammed me on the wall. He aimed the gun at my head as I stared him down.

Skye came near us but I choked out "Stay back." She took a step back as she looked at me concerned.

Quinn looked at me for a moment before staring at Skye saying "Don't you get it? They're big brother." I pushed against him a little but all he did was push me back on the wall.

"Maybe, but they're the nice big brother who stands up for his helpless little brother when he's getting beat up because he ate a piece of cake that he wasn't. You know, you kidnapped a person!" Skye said to him as me and Quinn looked at her confused.

Quinn got off of me as he faced Skye fully. I grabbed her a little as I brought her near me. I rubbed my neck a little as Quinn yelled "I set him free! I saved him! And I could've saved you both."

The building shook a little as me and Skye grabbed on the wall for balance. "Tell me what they're doing!" Quinn yelled at us. Skye's eyes widened and I felt her shake as I helped her stand again.

Quinn calmed himself down and said "Tell me what they're doing. You have to talk. You have no other way out of this." He laughed a little as he aimed the gun back at our heads. "Your both expandable to S.H.I.E.L.D. They sent you in here with nothing."

Out of nowhere Skye comes from behind me and flips the gun out of his hand and aims it at him. "They taught me a few things," Skye said to him. I leaned into her and whispered, "when did you learn that?" She looked at me and whispered, "tell you later." I nodded as I backed up a little.

"Kid's got balls," The security guard said. I smiled a little at that. Now I have to learn that or it makes it seem like she's better than me. "Thanks but yuck," Skye said to him.

Quinn chuckled a little. "But do you have what it takes to pull the trigger?" Skye thought for a moment before saying "Nope."

"But I do," I said as I took the gun quickly and shot at them missing badly. They ducked as Skye grabbed my hand and ran out to the balcony. She jumped over and landed in the pool.

I looked back quickly and saw Quinn looking at me. "Hey, also fuck you!" I yelled and flipped him off as I jumped off after her.

I swam to the surface and pulled myself out of the water near the edge of the pool. Skye swamped to the side. I helped her get out as she brushed her dress a little. "Did you have to shoot at them?" She said to me. I shrugged a little as the ground shake again.

"We need to go!" I yelled and we started running. Skye took off her heels so she could run faster. We ran through what was left of the party. We ran down some steps and were going to go left but saw guards. We tried the other way but guards were there too.

The guards came from behind and grabbed us. One went in front of me but Ward came out from behind him and took him out. I saw it as my chance while they were distracted.

I elbowed one and punched the one hard as the other one tried to hit me. I dodged it and punched him in the gut before slamming him in the head with my knee. He was knocked out. The other dude came swinging and I dodged under it before hitting him hard in the face. He got knocked out too.

Ward had already taken out the rest of the guys there. I was breathing hard as he looked at us both. "Are you two injured?" He asked. We both shook our heads no. "Just follow my orders. I'll get us out of here," He said to us. He started walking in a direction as me and Skye started following him.

Ward made us walk the same way he got us and then we went underground and found Coulson. We opened the door and rushed in as he got up. We looked at him worried before noticing him looking at something.

We all turned to see what he was looking at. The machine I guess caused all the shaking. It looked like a super size version of what we found a day or two ago. It slowly stopped with the black goop in the middle, the only thing really moving.

I breathed out as this was finally over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were back on the plane and before you know it me and Skye were training without Ward. Skye was already in the cargo hold as I was near my bunk doing crunches. When I was finished I came down to see what Skye was doing and saw her saying something to Ward.

"Guess I wasn't a good fit," I heard her say as she walked over to the punching bag again. She started punching the bag again harder. I almost forgot in the show that for all her life Skye was in the foster system.

"Hoping for something and losing it hurts more than never hoping for anything," She said, punching the bag hard. Ward grabbed the bag as he said, "We won't turn our backs."

She looked at him before punching again saying "It doesn't matter. I made a choice. I want this. Bad."

"Me too," I said coming down. Skye looked at me and smiled as Ward looked at me questionably. "I call next on the bag." I sat on a crate as Skye started punching the bag again with a little smile.

"Also we know there's a truth serum," Skye said to him. I smiled as Ward shook his head at us. "Whatever you say, rookies," He said to us, holding the bag for her.

"We're right and you know it," I said, laughing a little while sitting there. Maybe he's not as bad as I thought.

I almost burst out laughing at that. Oh, he is definitely bad and I'm going to prove it to Skye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 208 22
βœ… approx. 184,000 words Genevieve James is a Level 8 operative working for the intelligence organisation S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Interventio...
5K 148 19
Agent Melinda May always has trouble with her past in Bahrain. So when May has to deal with the powered people in afterlife, it's just like another B...
87.3K 4.2K 26
CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING An agent emotional is an agent reckless, and Agent Knight's most recent mission has her feelings entwined in the tangled web...
89.4K 3.2K 74
You can save anyone from themselves, as long as you get to them quick enough. ✈︎ "Hazel. . .are you avoiding me?" "Uh. . .were you waiting behind the...