๐‡๐€๐๐†๐ˆ๐๐† ๐๐˜ ๐€ ๐Œ๐Ž๐Œ...

By DamnSalvawhore

๐‡๐€๐๐†๐ˆ๐๐† ๐๐˜ ๐€ ๐Œ๐Ž๐Œ๐„๐๐“. โDesperate for changing, starving for truth. I'm closer to where I start... More

act one

i. fresh start

354 26 10
By DamnSalvawhore

╔═══════ °• ✦ •° ═══════╗

CHAPTER ONE
fresh start

╚═══════ °• ✦ •° ═══════╝

she's been staring at him every chance she gets.

ARGENT, IT WAS a name that struck fear into the hearts of werewolves all over the world. A family of the fiercest hunters known to man, and unfortunately it was Audrey's last name. Such a well known name like hers put a lot of responsibility on her shoulders, a weight her grandfather constantly added to. She was good, she followed the code, to hunt those who hunted others, it was all she'd ever known. But, killing someone, even a murderous werewolf, would corrupt anyone. And as the weight kept piling and piling up, she wanted an out. Her father could see it and he agreed. Johnathan Argent was the best of the best, easily one of the most feared hunters, he'd taught Audrey to hunt from the age of six, after she saw her mother murdered by an Alpha. 

Who would've thought that the same Alpha would kill him too, just after her sixteenth birthday.

With no other parent to take her in, Audrey was sent to live with her Uncle Chris, his wife Victoria and his daughter, Allison. Close in age, Audrey and Allison had practically grown up together, the only thing that set them apart was the fact that Allison was kept in the dark about the supernatural. When the funeral was over and Johnathan was put in the ground, they decided to move to Beacon Hills for a fresh start. 

Before John had died, he'd left a letter, asking Audrey to stop hunting. So she packed up her bow and shoved it into the back of her closet, hoping to forget it existed, and she asked Chris to not include her on the hunts anymore. Chris understood, John had been his brother after all and he knew how John really felt about Audrey hunting.

She carried on as normal, pretending things didn't go bump in the night and concentrated on starting a new school. New school, the thought made her groan with annoyance. So many new schools, new towns and new friends, it never ended. A constant loop of restarting and being the new girl over and over, it was very difficult to make friends knowing she'd leave again in a few weeks.

But Chris said Beacon Hills would be different, that they'd actually stay this time to finish high school. Audrey had a hard time believing him but she didn't really have a choice.

So there she and Allison were, sitting outside of their new hell waiting for the principle while Allison was on the phone to her mother.

"Mom, three calls on our first day is a little overdoing it." The older girl sighed as she looked through her bag. Victoria asked if they had everything, "Everything except a pen. Oh my God, I didn't actually forget a pen!" Allison then glanced up ad Audrey who shrugged.

"Don't look at me, I've only got one, the others are all purple." Audrey replied, pushing a strand of raven hair behind her ear.

"Okay, okay. I gotta go. Love you." Allison hung up and put the phone away in her bag.

Audrey looked up, nudging her cousin when she noticed the principle approaching them.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." He apologised as they stood up to follow him. "So, you were saying San Francisco isn't where you grew up?"

"No, but we lived there for more than a year, which is unusual in our family." Allison replied as they walked into the school.

"Well, hopefully Beacon Hills will be your last stop for a while." He smiled politely, slowing down as they approached a classroom door.

"Doubt it." Audrey mumbled.

The principle opened the door, holding it open for the girls and addressed the curious gazes of the students. "Class, these are our new students, Allison and Audrey Argent. Please do your best to make them feel welcome."

Audrey stood straighter under the stares of her new classmates, while Allison fiddled with her scarf nervously. Unlike her cousin, Audrey yearned for attention, a quirk she got from never thinking she was good enough. She looked around the room, assessing how different it looked from her old school. Plain walls and brown desks, schools were always the same. Modernised so much, they didn't have any character or any distinguishable features left. To putt it simply, she found it boring. 

She spotted two empty desks in the back of the room, one behind a shaggy brown haired boy with a crooked jaw and the other in from of buzz cut boy with honey brown eyes, she could see those eyes from a mile away, plain as day. Allison moved to the desk behind the shaggy boy, leaving the other open for Audrey, they were now seated diagonally to each other.

"Thanks." She heard Allison say. Furrowing her brows, she turned around to see the shaggy haired boy give her cousin a pen.

Strange, but she shrugged it off. Turning back around, she knocked her bag off her chair, groaning in pain when she bumped heads with the honey eyed boy behind her as he'd reached for it as well.

"Ow." She groaned, rubbing her forehead and letting out a little chuckle.

"Sorry." He said, handing over her bag.

"It's okay. Thank you." She smiled gratefully, this time she tucked her back under her chair.

"I'm Stiles." He introduced himself quietly to avoid the teacher's wrath.

"Audrey."

"Nice to meet you Audrey. Welcome to the most boring place on Earth." Stiles quipped.

She looked into his honey brown eyes and grinned, tucking her bangs behind her ear, "Oh, I wouldn't say that." She hummed before turning to the front of the class, the smile still on her face.

Maybe Beacon Hills wouldn't be so bad after all.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Audrey shoved her new books in her depressingly grey locker next to Allison's, tensing up when she heard someone approach them. An old habit of her hunting days.

"That jacket is absolutely killer." A redheaded girl complimented as she approached. Just one glance, and Audrey could tell she was a part of the popular crowd, a contestant for top mean girl. "And those shoes? To die for. Where'd you get them?"

"My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." Allison answered awkwardly.

"She used to get us discounts." Audrey added.

"And you two are my new best friends." The redhead declared, laughing as her boyfriend came up behind her and pulled her into kiss, "Hey, Jackson." 

They then introduced themselves to each other and being straight to the point, Lydia asked for their numbers, all of them oblivious to the two boys watching them from across the hall.

Lydia leaned against Jackson while she spoke to the cousins, "So, this weekend, there's a party."

"A party?" Audrey asked, intrigued.

"Yeah, Friday night. You should come." Jackson suggested to the two.

"Oh, we can't. It's family night this Friday. Thanks for asking." Allison lied, before Audrey could reply. A party sounded fun, but apparently to her cousin, she wasn't going.

"Are you sure? I mean, everyone's going after the scrimmage." He told them.

"You mean like football?" Allison questioned, confused.

Jackson scoffed a laugh, "Football's a joke in Beacon. The sport here is lacrosse. We've won the state championship for the past three years."

"Because of a certain team captain." Lydia grinned, pecking his lips.

"Well, we have practice in a few minutes. That is, if you two don't have anywhere else." He hinted for them to join.

Allison began to think of an excuse, "Well, we were going to -"

Audrey wasn't going to miss out and she cut Allison off, "We'd love to come and watch."

"Perfect!" Lydia exclaimed, grabbing their hands and pulling them along with her and Jackson. She sat them down on the benches outside on the field while Jackson went to get changed for practice.

"McCall! You're in goal." Coach Finstock told the shaggy boy who had handed Allison a pen, throwing him a goalie helmet.

"But I've never played." McCall stuttered, almost dropping it.

"I know. Scoring some shots will give the boys a confidence boost. It's a first day back thing." Coach replied, "Get them energized, fire it up!"

"What about me?" The boy asked, worried that he'd get absolutely obliterated in the goal.

"Try not to take any in the face." Coach quipped, playfully slapping McCall on the cheek. He turned away and addressed the other players, "Let's go! Come on!"

"Who is that?" Allison asked, looking at the shaggy haired boy in goal, now with the goalie mask on.

"Him? I'm not sure who he is." Lydia replied. "Why?"

"He's in our English class. He gave Allison a pen and she's been staring at him every chance she gets." Audrey teased her cousin, who nudged her in embarrassment when the boy looked over to them.

The whistle blew and McCall missed the first ball, stumbling to the floor. One of the players called out, "Hey, way to catch with your face McCall!"

McCall got up and back to his place, shaking off his nerves, now looking a bit angry. After that small mishap, he seemed to be on a roll, he'd caught every ball expertly, much to the surprise of Coach Finstock and everyone else.

"He seems like he's pretty good." Allison said, smiling as she watched him catch another.

Lydia nodded, "Yeah, very good."

"How do you not know his name if he's this good?" Audrey questioned the redhead. "I thought you'd know the names of all the good players?"

Lydia shrugged, not really caring, "He wasn't good before. He must have been practising over break."

Jackson pushed to the front of the line, taking a running start to try and catch McCall off guard. He was the best player on the team, surely he wouldn't miss to a rookie player. Jackson angrily threw the ball and what came next was shocking.

McCall caught the ball in his net, even he was surprised to see the ball sitting there in his grasp. Lydia stood up on the bench screaming in delight, as did Stiles in front of them. He was on the team, but he was benched. Audrey clapped enthusiastically, smiling when she saw the honey eyed boy jumping about and laughing with glee. Lydia caught eyes with Jackson, who was frowning at her, she just smirked back.

 ·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

I'M HANGING BY A MOMENT HERE WITH YOU.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 13.6K 87
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
998K 17.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
902K 35.6K 46
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...