When I look at you - Reggie P...

By chlooomb

After getting a 911 text from her best friend Julie, she goes over to her house, not expecting to find 3 teen... More

Characters.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nighteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
New book?

Fifteen.

3.4K 77 34
By chlooomb

School was boring, to say the least. The day seemed to drag on and on. It was one of those days where nothing goes right.

Julie, Flynn and I are currently in Math, sitting at the back of the classroom, listening to Flynn talking about when our next gig is going to be. This is one of the only classes that we all have where we're all seated together, and we're taking advantage of it.

I was currently trying not to fall asleep, as I didn't get much sleep last night. Just as I was about to doze off, Julie's voice woke me up.

"What are you guys doing here?"

I turned to face Julie, only to see the guys in the empty desks next to us. I smiled at them slightly, them returning the gesture.

"We were bored, so we came here." Reggie said, Alex and Luke pointing over to him in agreement.

I was about to reply when the teacher grabbed my attention.

"Okay. I need two people to solve the equations on the board, whoever solves their one first gets extra credit. How about Tommy and Mabel?"

As Tommy went over to the board, I looked up and shook my head. "No thankyou, I'm good." I said, before I went back to doodling on the edge of my paper.

The teacher nodded and went to ask someone else before I heard my ex speak up. "It's probably for the best. She wouldn't have been able to solve it anyway."

I instantly looked up from my paper and just stared at Tommy, before I scoffed and got up from my seat.

"Oooh this is gonna be good." I heard Flynn say to Julie.

As I got up to the board, I looked over at Tommy to see that he had already started on his equation, even though we were supposed to start at the same time. Looks like he cheats on tests as well as girls.

I focused my attention back to my equation and started to solve it. There's two subjects i'm good at in school, and they're art and math. I complain about math a lot because I hate it, but I'm actually bloody good at it.

Just as I got my answer, I wrote down that x=2 on the board before telling the teacher that I was finished.

When she said it was correct, Tommy looked over at me with a glare before announcing that he had finished too.

"I'm sorry Tommy, but that's not the correct answer. Does anyone else want to have a go at it?" The teacher said, making me look at his equation before smirking.

"There's no need. His answer should be x=6." I said as I walked back over to my desk, turning to face the teacher as I spoke.

She looked over at the equation before nodding her head at me. "Correct. Well done Mabel, I'll give you your extra credit at the end of the year."

As she turned around to wipe the equations off the board, Tommy walked back over to his desk, glaring at me. I stuck my middle finger up at him before smiling sarcastically.

"That was so hot." I heard Reggie whisper under his breath, making me smile, but I pretended not to hear it.

"Damn girl, you crushed him!" Flynn said, making me laugh.

"How can one person be good at math? I don't get it." Alex said, making me chuckle over at him.

"I don't know. It just easy for me to understand. Chemistry on the other hand, I might as well just drop out." I said, making them all laugh.

Maybe this day will be okay after all.

———————————————————————————

After we finished school, I went straight over to Julie's, not bothering to go home beforehand. I've stayed at her house many times so I basically have everything I need over there anyways.

We told the boys that we were planning on having a movie night with them, and they were excited. Julie dragged down spare pillows and blankets to the garage while I got snacks and her laptop.

"Okay boys. Let the movie night begin!" Julie announced as we walked into to studio. We set up everything and moved over to the sofa. Luke instantly stole most of the blankets and made his own bed on the floor, claiming he needed 'lots of space'. Julie sat in the armchair that she dragged over so that it was closer to the sofa, while me, Alex and Reggie sat an the big sofa. I had my head in Reggie's lap and my feet in Alex's lap.

"Okay, what do we feel like watching? I personally think that a Harry Potter marathon is the way to go." Julie said as she looked over at us from above her laptop screen.

"Harry Potter movies? I thought they were books?" Alex said, confused.

"They are. They were just made into movies later on." I said to him, making him nod his head in understanding.

"Oh okay. Let's watch them then." Alex said, and we all agreed.

———————————————————————————

We were currently half way through 'the goblet of fire' when I started to drift off to sleep due to Reggie running his fingers through my hair lightly. A couple of minutes after I closed my eyes, I heard Alex ask Julie a question.

"Julie, why did Mabel's dad hit her?"

Before Julie could answer, I spoke up. "You could just ask me, Alex. I don't bite."

I guess it's time to tell the boys everything, as much as I'm going to struggle to say it.

I sat up, now sitting in between Alex and Reggie. I looked over at Alex, seeing him with a frown on his face. "What's up buttercup?"

"I didn't ask you because I didn't want to make you sad. I thought you were asleep." Alex said quietly.

"That's sweet, but it's okay. I was going to tell you eventually. I guess today's that day."

"You sure you don't want me to tell them Mabel?" Julie asked as she rested her head on the arm of the chair, giving me her full attention.

I shook my head and smiled slightly at her. "It's okay, J. I can do it."

I took a deep breath before I started talking. "It's kind of a long story, but my dad wasn't always horrible to me. We were really close when I was younger. I was one of the only things he had that reminded him of my mum, so he kept me close at all times. The only thing we never did together was celebrate my birthday, because to him, it was just the day that mum died. That's why I don't like to do anything crazy on my birthday, J." I looked over at her as I said the last bit. She nodded at me, then motioned for me to continue.

"Anyways. My mum and dad met when they were 11, and they both went to the same secondary school, which is kind of like middle school or junior high over here? I'm not sure. They were friends first, and then they eventually fell in love. They got married at 22 and had me when they were 25. So, naturally, when my mum died, dad was heartbroken.

It was when I turned 10 that he started to become distant, because I started to look like my mum. He would blow off any dance, art, and music recitals that I had, and I would always end up walking or taking the bus home from school because he was 'too busy' to pick me up. I had to learn how to cook because he wouldn't talk to me when we were at home, he would make food for himself and leave me to do whatever. I never understood why he started to ignore me until I found a picture of my mum in our attic and asked him about it.

He told me that she died while giving birth to me, saying it was my fault that she was dead, and that he couldn't stand looking at me because I looked just like her. It wasn't until I was 13 when he first hit me, right before we moved from England, to here. I didn't want to move, I wanted to stay in England because I had grew up there and it was my home, you know? I couldn't imagine living in another country. My dad was at work and he had told me to start packing up my things as we would be moving in about 2 months time. I refused to pack anything, hoping that he would see that I didn't want to move and he would change his mind, but he didn't. When he came home from work, he saw that I hadn't packed anything and got angry. We had a fight over moving, and just as I was about to leave the room, he grabbed my wrist, turned me around to face him and slapped me."

I stopped talking as I wiped a stay tear away from my face and took a deep breath. By this point, Julie had moved to sit next to Luke on the floor so that she was closer to me. When Reggie saw me wipe my face, he moved closer to me and put his arm around my shoulders, making me lean my head on his shoulder. Alex and Julie each held one of my hands and Luke just rested his chin on my knee, looking up at me.

I looked over at the wall as I continued talking, knowing that it would make me more sad if I looked at any of the boys and Julie.

"I thought that him hitting me was a one time thing as he hadn't hit me after that for a while. But after we had moved here and we were unpacking everything into the house, I dropped one of the boxes that had some of our mugs in, and he hit me again. It became a normal thing after that.

I remember one time, the day before my birthday, we had a really bad fight, and I had left the house before he could do anything. This must have been a couple months after we had moved here. I was walking down the street, not paying attention to where I was going, when I bumped into someone. We both fell to the ground, and that was the day I met Julie Molina."

I looked over at Julie, and we both smiled at eachother, remembering when we had first met.

"You didn't care that you scraped you knee. You saw that I was sad and you instantly invited me over to your house. After that, we became inseparable. Then you introduced me to Flynn, and look at us now. It was the best birthday present I could ever ask for. So, as much as me and my dad do not get along, I'm grateful that he made us move here, because if we didn't, I wouldn't have met you, Flynn, and the boys."

Just as I finished speaking, Julie stood up from where she was sitting on the floor and dragged me up with her, before engulfing me in the tightest hug she has ever given me. I just chuckled into her shoulder and hugged her back.

"I love you. So so much." Julie said as she pulled away from the hug, making me smile at her.

"I love you too, J."

Before I had time to say anything else, three pairs of arms were wrapped around me and I was pulled into another hug. I just laughed as our boys all hugged me tightly, making me feel safe and loved.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with that, May. We'll always be here if you want to talk." Luke said as we all pulled away from the hug. Alex and Reggie nodded in response, making me smile at them.

"Ok, enough of that emotional shit." I said as I shivered jokingly in disgust and wiped my face clean of tears. "Let's get back to the wonderful world of Harry Potter."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 505 30
It's been three months since Nova Garcia lost her parents and twin brother in a car crash and had to move in with her grandma. Not only two months pa...
47.2K 1.1K 24
Aurora Théa Laurent is a new student at Los Feliz High School, a transfer from France. Julie and Flynn instantly take a liking to her and take her un...
186K 3.4K 29
Have you ever been in love with someone? Imagine you find a ghost band with your little sister Julie and are instantly attracted to a dark haired boy...
232K 5.3K 32
When Grace's parents died she was devastated, but then she got adopted into a loving family and gained a mom, dad, brother, and sister. Together with...