The Throne of the Four Realms...

By sharmee_m

➜11X featured ●Featured by @magic● ●Featured by @mythandlegend● ●Featured by @Ambassadors ● ●Featured by @Sec... More

MAP OF THE FOUR REALMS
CHAPTER 1 - Of a Prince and his Dragon
CHAPTER 2 - Of Unexpected Things
CHAPTER 3 - Of a Fight and a Voyage
CHAPTER 4 - Of a Cold Stranger
CHAPTER 5 - Of a Black Tower
CHAPTER 6 - Of a Thousand Questions
CHAPTER 7- Of a Lost Wand
CHAPTER 8 - Of an Invitation
CHAPTER 9 - Of a Thrilling Duel
CHAPTER 10 - Of a Royal Ball (Part I)
CHAPTER 11 - Of a Royal Ball (Part II)
CHAPTER 12 - Of a Starry Night
CHAPTER 13 - Of Fire Against Earth
CHAPTER 14 - Of a Mysterious Mark
CHAPTER 15 - Of a New Mission
CHAPTER 16 - Of a Dragon War
CHAPTER 17 - Of an Old Portrait
CHAPTER 18 - Of an Epiphany
CHAPTER 19 - Of a Visit to the Library
CHAPTER 20 - Of a High Lady and her Daughter
CHAPTER 21- Of a King and his Son
CHAPTER 22 - Of Zephyr against Oyster
CHAPTER 23 - Of a Royal Visit
CHAPTER 24 - Of a Glorious Prince
CHAPTER 25 - Of a Discovery
CHAPTER 26 - Of a Winter Palace
CHAPTER 27 - Of a Lost Heirloom
CHAPTER 28 - Of a Feud
CHAPTER 29 - Of Swords and Daggers
CHAPTER 30 - Of a Red Bird
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 31 - Of Training
CHAPTER 32 - Of a Fountain
CHAPTER 33 - Of Alchemy
CHAPTER 34 - Of an Awakening
CHAPTER 35 - Of Chaos
CHAPTER 36 - Of a Dungeon (Part I)
CHAPTER 37 - Of a Dungeon (Part II)
CHAPTER 38 - Of an Escape
CHAPTER 39 - Of a Chief (Part I)
CHAPTER 40 - Of a Chief (Part II)
CHAPTER 41 - Of a Forest (Part I)
CHAPTER 42 - Of a Forest (Part II)
CHAPTER 43 - Of a Dragon Ride
CHAPTER 44 - Of a Summer Palace
CHAPTER 45 - Of a Gemini Prince
|| UNA ||
CHAPTER 46 - Of Revelations
CHAPTER 47 - Of a Summer Lord
CHAPTER 48 - Of a Window
CHAPTER 49 - Of Allies and Enemies
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 50 - Of a Deal
CHAPTER 51 - Of a Lost King
CHAPTER 52 - Of Siblings
CHAPTER 53 - Of an Enigma
CHAPTER 54 - Of Dark Magic
|| THE THRONE ||
|| RALPH ||
|| UNA ||
|| DORAN - Part I ||
|| DORAN - Part II ||
|| DORAN - Part III ||
CHAPTER 55 - Of Two Slaves
CHAPTER 56 - Of Balance
|| ORELLA ||
CHAPTER 57 - Of a Devil
CHAPTER 58 - Of Heaven and Hell
|| NOVA ||
CHAPTER 59 - Of Reunions (Part I)
CHAPTER 60 - Of Reunions (Part II)
EPILOGUE: ALLIANCE
EPILOGUE: STARS

|| THANK YOU FROM THE AUTHOR ||

1K 64 134
By sharmee_m

A fantasy book is supposed to be just that – Fantasy. Unreal. Magical. An escape from reality.

But who says, we can't live inside it permanently! Look at me, forgone thoroughly and dragging people like you along. As a teenager, I always wanted to be a psychiatrist and see how I am fulfilling my dream. I turned a fantasy book into some weird emotional genre. And yet here you are. You are just as insane as I am. 

My first ever book is well-received. And I am still in denial, a lump of insecure mess as day one. Therefore, the acknowledgments might get long since it's my first time in this community. Bear with me. Or you can skip. Even my Epilogues were long, I'm aware... but it was just in case, I don't write the sequel... so, I needed a closure myself. Hopeful closures.

When I began the book, I received initial feedback that my protagonist isn't badass and is quite dull. Protagonist women in most fantasy books are savage, it's an awesome trend, I know. Well, Eleni was always supposed to be like you and me, thrust into dangers and things she wasn't supposed to be a part of, didn't want to be a part of. But she preached about endurance and bravery, about never giving up. About trusting people, eventually. About believing in oneself. About being there for yourself and for the loved ones. About being a bridge between everyone.

You cannot see a murder happening in front of your eyes for the very first time and walk away as if it were just sauce being spilled. No, it affects you. And I am so glad, I created a relatable protagonist, who has post-traumatic stress disorder, abandonment issues, inferiority complex. And these things just don't go away once the chapter is over. They stay with you. And it is okay to not be okay. But you overcome them, and let them mold you into a fighter. She already has to lit up to a great extent. Eleni WILL be badass next time you meet her.

Men in most books, as I've read, seem too unrealistic to me. Always hot and brooding. Utterly bruised, but wake up as if it was just a mere scratch. Never shed a tear. Manly, no. Robotic, yes. Well, men in my book cry and they heal. A man talking about his feelings to another man, or to his loved one is a damn beautiful thing. And all the men reading this, remember to shed tears, to let it all out, to break the stereotypes. You'd come back stronger. After all, you are only human. Doran will show you to how move on. How to be a friend. A son. A brother. A lover. How to be understanding and respectful to everyone. How to fight for your rights. How to cry. How to forgive and forget. And look hot and adorable doing it all.

Una means ONE. Unique. She used to be heartless, ambitious, focused, never shedding a tear, could never express her feelings. And she still slayed. Normally, it is someone like Dumbledore, a wise old man being a mentor, but we have Una--an introvert female warrior with zero filter, who wants people to stand up for themselves. Like she stood up for herself all her life being a woman in a male-dominated world. She wears trousers and carries her weapons, but does NOT make fun of other women who wears flowers in their hair or glittering gowns. She will teach you how to NOT make fun of other girls and boys who cry. Una will teach you how to be YOU. Even she will learn how to open up and let loose soon. Be boulder, okay?

I have majority female readers, well, of course. Wattpad, duh. And most expect heroes to be sexy all the time. But if you cannot fall in love with a man after seeing his scars, who is healing by himself, who is overwhelmed due to his new-found family and responsibilities, and still wants to be better, who overcame his addiction, who found himself in stressful situations and slayed it like a pro, you, my dears, clearly have a bad preference. Stop reading fanfics with no sense. Like seriously.

If you read chapter 32 again, you will see subtle hints that Ralph was drunk even then, but he was extremely careful and empathetic to Eleni and accepted her right then and there. You all should go and check the comment box in author's note of that chapter, before Ralph's backstory was revealed. Everyone was gaga for him then and I had to literally tone his character DOWN, because he wasn't the protagonist. But after chapter 49, well... It is so easy to lose your reputation, isn't it? That's what I learnt here.

I have seen abuse and what kind of toll it takes on a human mind. And such people, often tend to become violent, being a victim of it themselves. But there is an alternative, you can choose NOT to inherit that. Choose to be sensible. Choose to be a healer knowing first-hand how childhood trauma is. Choose to be make the world better for other kids, and that's what he'd do. Ralph will teach you how to EMPATHIZE with people around you. Not just sympathize. That's the best kind of comfort you can give someone. That's the best version of human you can ever be for people going through sufferings. Be a Phoenix, rise and shine from the ashes, okay?

Neo. Ah, this dude. I love him (because there was no story without him). And many other readers did like him too. Such a genius, gone to waste. Boy, did he give me a run for my money. If he would have gotten the Throne, then in my opinion, he would've finally taken some well-needed rest in a small hut somewhere or maybe he would have destroyed the whole world and smiled proudly over the ruins. There is no in between with him. But I will leave it up to readers to decide the alternate ending for him.

I know, people expected a happy ending. And our Nova... well, his story is just beginning, isn't it? He always was a hero for me because I know him like no one does. Well, I am not going to show him completely healed and everything, and right away be the King he used to be before Neo happened. Because I want to address depression, traumas of captivity and isolation, grief of loss. But above all, I want to show how even one single ray of HOPE can change a life. Power of friendship and all that. Nova will show you how to fight for survival. How to find that single piece of one's own self which we unknowingly or knowingly lose in the past. How to question things even when the whole world says otherwise. How to get your glory back. How to choose goodness above everything. How to be kind. 

And lastly Orella. Sorry, it came to that, and I had really hoped it wouldn't affect readers too much. She is a mystery even to me, only unraveled herself in one whole chapter. It's sad that other characters don't even know what all she did for them, only you readers do. I am proud of her. Though, I am not sure whether she really loved Neo and don't even wanna know. I am attaching a random image I found online of Elsa, which would say it all. ✨Snowflake, the star of the Winter Realm. ✨

Some characters got less highlight, because I planned to save some things for the next one – Amelia, Serena, Dylan, Ralph's mom and even Nova, who did not get as much exposure as other main cast. But they will shine soon. We also got some brand new characters. WITH BRAND NEW SHIPS. I wish someone would write this book for me, because it is all only in my head right now. And seems daunting, but Autumn and Summer Realms sounds fun.

In most fantasy and medieval books, it is the royalty which is cruel. We want the Kings and Queens dead, monarchy buried. But I want to try something new. Hopefully, I do. I plan to show two different types of Kings... One who has found himself--but lost his kingdom. And other who got a kingdom--but lost himself. You understand who the next protagonists are, right? They both have a lot in common if you give it a thought. 

***

Last but not the least – ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS.

✨My friends and reviewers✨

xptptrnm Who is the reason this book turned out good or I might have ruined it alone. Best reviewer friend anyone could ask for. Like literally. Blessed.

shush07 Who asked me to write a book because SHE was bored one afternoon and I obliged

EnforcerAbhi Who is the reason the plot of the book exists, this two-faced Gemini guy is my muse

Jarus999 Who brainstorms about the book with me as if it's global crisis and we are going to solve world hunger once the plot is polished, extremely helpful though

coffeescoma Who binge-reads and hypes and understands me like no one else

Deva_re Who cries for the characters with me and wants me to give Nova a pet koala bear so that he'd recover soon, who literally handed me the plot for the sequel unknowingly

***

✨My Wattpad people✨

EternalSu You are a goddamn queen. I am not sorry for stealing vocab from your awesome book. And Imma do it again, even if you sue me, Su. I am always going to be grateful for your undying support and encouragement and artworks and comments. Adore you so much. Thank you for being you. We need more people like you in the world. You and I have come a long way, dear friend. And miles still to go. 

JonaDaylight My very first friend on Wattpad, and still going strong. I am so glad I found you and your book. You are an amazing artist and writer. And even better human, so vigilant about animal rights, which opened my eyes for the better. Thank you for just being this big packet of goofy energy. Your comments made me laugh even on the dullest of the days, and also many others. Stay sunshiny. 

kndlntsva Ahhhh... No, I have no words for you. You are out of everyone's league, miss author. I learnt so much from you. You stayed with me from the very beginning. You are like an Una to my Eleni, I am so not kidding. I know why you are successful on Wattpad, because you never give up on people. And I learnt that from you. I cannot wait to read all the books you've published, because I am your number one fan. Thank you for everything. 

fly2live My unofficial editor. Thank you for being this dedicated to the story and giving me valuable insights into the characters. You love Eleni like no one else, and she thanks you. She will be awesome like you. I am glad to have found such a badass writer. (Language! you will say, and I won't listen) I stole a lot from you. And learnt too. And will keep learning. Thank you for the pep talks. 

DrNamanGoel A fellow fantasy writer, I am soooo grateful for your support. You deserve so much and more. I am rooting for you like you root for me. Stay as awesome as you are. Maybe just stop reading at 3 am. I am eternally thankful for your reactions and feedback. You are gonna shine bright, writerdoc. I just know it. 

raima_123 I am so not sorry for eating your head time and again, girl. You helped me so much, I don't know where to begin. And I will be here for you always. You, my friend, are a blessing. Keep writing your awesome stories. You deserve a lot. And come eat my head too, anytime. 

VaishNavi6530 You know, you are something else don't you? Is there anything you don't know, or can't do? Someday will treat you in bakery and stuff your mouth with so much cake that'd you want to never see one again. Your writing is magical, and the new book about stars -- you're a starlight. I am blessed to have met you!

crescendo_s I'm texting you on Instagram for the rest of our lives. You have so many published books here and I plan on going through them because I adore your writing. You have been an awesome inspiration and even awesome friend. Thank you for being you. Stay just the same. 

Sash0712 I am thankful for meeting you, dear author. Thank you for just well, everything. For asking me for my opinion and giving me one when I asked. We make a great team. Please keep writing and slaying. 

lilacwriterr Shine like the star you are. Keep writing. You know, I will be rooting for you. Stay amazing, well, you already are, fairytale girl. Grateful to have met you. Thank you for coming with me to the finish line. 

Fantasia_luv YOU ARE SPOOKY. Your sixth sense is amazing and... scary both. Be a detective, please. I am so grateful that you saw the characters for who they are really and that is a great quality to have as a human. I adore you, truly. 

Luna_Hunter_ Tons of thank yous for sticking by, girl. For commenting the most hilarious comments and DMing me after every chapter you adored. It really encouraged me to keep writing and await your response. Please keep writing and reading and being awesome. 

There were many readers who encouraged me from the very start. And that is why I have reached the end. weasley20Hibernating_matthewchimneysweeps-angeltexrsqueenzusiinkingloreThe_EpicWritershoutouttodiversityMilkNoir,  and so many more... I have lost touch with. But without the initial push, I might have given up long back. Thank you so much. I am sorry I might have missed many of them, but I am thankful to one and all.

It's my first book, which took me exact seven months to finish. Maybe in next two-three months, we get a new book or I might write something entirely new or take a break. I am on Wattpad for a long haul, though. Keep messaging, keep writing. Do reach out if you want a boost, or just wanna chat up nerdy things. Being an extreme extrovert, I found treasure chest. As if all the GEMS were hidden here, and I am just so glad I opened it. Gonna cherish it too. And I am overwhelmed, therefore the cheesy thankyous. A writer, after all, is nothing without their readers. 

I'mma gonna cry for a week or so... because no uploading weekly twice. Yep, this is sad, idk why. 

Peace out. For now. See you around. Happy Wattpadding.

~Sharmee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 8.4K 82
Glass magic, the weakest of magic, the most fragile, the least effective. Those with it always end up with aide or aid class and a relief type. They...
279K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...
17.8K 241 21
Y/N Merrill, the kid sister of Ace Merrill, is feared by many. If anyone upsets her, Ace is on them an hour later with bloody fists. For this reason...
16.2K 778 40
[Book One] Milaia had a normal life, until the King announced he was going to choose a lady to marry his son. That decision will be the beginning of...