Partners in Suicide | Dazai x...

By Floopinator

"Lemme ask you, is there any value to this thing that we call living" Osamu Dazai is a new recruit in the Por... More

prologue
one | how it all started..
three | sleepless nights...
four | the girl in the wind...
five | a breath of fresh air...
six | the boy in bandages...
seven pt.1 | under the moonlight...
seven pt.2 | wont you take my hand...
eight | getting closer...
Authors Note
Thankyou for 1k Reads!

two | enemies...

375 13 3
By Floopinator

"Yes, you know me all too well....." Dazai looked at her name tag on her shirt then continued with a smirk on his face. "Misty".

The waiter giggled and walked off to prepare his food. He went to look back outside the window when he heard the door bell ring, not paying much attention to it.

A short girl with h/c and e/c walked into the café. they looked over to see a brunette male in black and white clothing, wrapped in bandages sitting in the corner. They wondered who he was for a second before a waiter came to the register to take her order, taking her attention off the boy with the bandages.

...

"Hiya, welcome to Ariyoshi Café! How may I take your order today?" the waiter beamed with a pearly white smile.

"Yeah can I have 2 large black coffee's, one with an extra shot and lactose free milk." the girl said, covering their mouth as they yawned.

Hearing an unfamiliar voice, Dazai looked over to the girl ordering, taking in her appearance. She wore a black short skirt that stopped at the bottom of her thighs, along with black platform boots, a band shirt and a black coat that rested on her shoulders. Her hair was a deep shade of h/c that was kept neatly parted to the side and tied up in a low, messy bun. She had a slim body yet she looked fit, signifying that she is someone who cares about how physical health. Dazai intently watched and listened to her conversation as she spoke to the waiter, wondering who she may be.

"Yeah for sure, is there any other food or drinks you want?" the waiter continued.

"Can I also get a large chai latte with no cinnamon on top, along with a blueberry muffin? I will have all of this to go thanks."

"Yep no problem, can I get a name for your order?"

"Uh yeah sure, just use y/n" the mysterious h/c woman said

Dazai's eyes followed as she made her way towards a table on the other side of the cafe, staring at her phone the entire time. He sighed as he watched her in her own little world.

"Y/n...." Dazai muttered under his breath, as the end of his lips pulled upwards into a small smile.

Y/n, what an astounding name even as it rolls off the tip of one's tongue with ease and it is as smooth as red wine, when it goes down your throat. It's intoxicating even when it is whispered so lightly, you wouldn't be able to miss it as it flows in the wind freely. Though it would be impossible to be grasped with your bare hands, having unrevealed meanings and secrets that have yet to be imparted from those delicate lips of theirs.

Dazai sighed in awe as he watched her in her own little world, but was shortly interrupted by the waiter from earlier walking to his table with his order. He soon straighten himself up, preparing his stone cold demeanor as she arrived.

"Here's your order sir!" the waiter said, giggling a bit to herself.

"Thankyou, Misty" Dazai replied, not giving a care in the world about the lady in front of him.

Dazai digged into his pancakes and savored every bite, knowing that soon after he finishes eating he would soon have to go to work and sit in a possibly boring meeting with Mori. He always found talking with the boss was always dull and a pain. Although he took Dazai in, he still wish that he had just given him a quick death instead of bringing him into the Port Mafia.

The Port Mafia was a criminal underground organization  run by Ogai Mori, aka the boss. The Mafia has dozens of enterprises under their control. It also exceeds politics and as well as economics and its influence is found in many sections of Yokohama. Those who defy them will only burn and not survive. It's a hard crowd to be apart of if you don't have the right morals or can't handle what comes with being a member.

In Dazai's case, it was a simple task he can do with ease as he has come with the terms that life has no meaning. At the end of the day no one truly care if someone dies, as everyone eventually dies on and forgets they ever existed. Which is why it's so easy to end the lives of those he needs to, there is no point in living anyways so what's the point?

...

Dazai finally approaches the Port Mafia base, entering the main headquarters. The base is split into 5 buildings tall structures. The five buildings stand in the center of Yokohama, noticeable from a considerable distance due to their height and location. All five buildings are tall and black, similar in height, but the main one being the most prominent and tallest of them all signifying that it's the main building.

As he walked into the building a voice was heard from behind him, "Dazai where have you been?! The boss has been waiting for you for 40 minutes now!."

Dazai turned around and saw a tall, slim man with short messy dark hair with bangs. He had e/c and wore circular framed glasses. He was dressed in his normal attire; which consisted of a pale brown double-breasted coat which was buttoned to the left, covering a tab collared shirt with a brown tie. His pants was the same colour as his coat, with his shoes being roughly the same colour as his tie. Though his most noticeable feature to Dazai was the the mole above the left side of his lip which made him look like a weasel.

"Ahhh Ango, two conversations in one day! Is it just me or did you just miss me so much that you had to come greet me as I arrived to work?" Dazai said enthusiastically, while dramatically walking towards him with open arms.

"Cut the crap Dazai, the boss has been eagerly awaiting your arrival. We need to go see him right away"

Dazai's face dropped along with his arms as he pouts "Do we really have to go see him? It's always such a bore and I would rather like to try the new suicidal method I found last night!"

"This isn't any sort of boring gathering. It's to talk about a threat to not only the Port Mafia, but to the whole of Yokohama" Ango said, fixing his glasses by pushing them back. he then grabbed Dazai by his shirt, taking him to the elevator

Dazai's eyes went cold as he began to take this seriously, with all jokes aside "A threat to everyone in Yokohama?."

"Yes, have you ever heard of an organization called the Rats in the House of the Dead?"

...

Mori's office stands on the topmost floor, large doors lead up to it. Inside, it is a vast room with a lot of empty space, whilst in the back the walls are lined with shelves of books, along with his desk and chair in front of it.

There were children's clothes seen sprawled around, mainly skirts and dresses. Dazai knew that they would supposedly belong to Mori as he tends to get Elise to wear the clothes he buys her. Elise was created using Mori's ability called 'Vita Sexualis', a gift that allows him to make Elise and configure her in any way he wishes.

Generally Mori's office is well-lit by natural light thanks to large windows but to Dazai's surprise the automated shutters were down, encasing the room in almost complete darkness. Which meant that whatever was going to be spoken right here, mustn't leave the room unless ordered to.

Mori was sitting at his desk, with his hands holding his head up as he signals for the boys to come to him. "Dazai so nice of you to join us, it only took you a whole hour to come" Mori said, with a sinecure smile.

"Sorry boss, but I had pancakes calling my name. Ango told me that this mission you have planned has something to do with an affiliation called 'The Rats'? Am i correct?"

"It's the Rats in the House of the Dead but yes, you are correct. Speculations and whispers have been heard in the underground of this organization running amok in Yokohama. I didn't originally had any reason to suspect that it would be of harm to us dealings until this came to my attention last night" Mori said, displaying a video on a holographic screen.

The video showed a group of Port Mafia men, doing some dealings with a informative. All was going well until gun shots were heard, and one by one each port mafia was hit and fell to the ground. Soon enough, all the Port Mafia members but one had died, and the informant was also still alive.

All of a sudden, 2 people appeared on the footage. A tall, slim young man with long, dark, and messy hair that stopped just above his shoulders. He wore a ushanka hat, a buttoned white shirt and white pants, accompanied by a long black coat with white fur and long red boots. He was accompanied by a short female, with shiny (h/c) hair with smooth s/c. She was dressed in black ripped shorts with black fishnets, a white crop accompanied with black leather jacket. Her hair tied up in a tight high pony, with some hair wrapped around the base of it.

The two individuals spoke to the sole surviving member and soon after ran to the car and drove off. They then interrogated the last remaining informative before the female shot them 4 times. then shot the camera. The recording ended straight after that, going to pitch black.

Dazai took in the images and every detail of the footage, realizing who the individual was none other then the mysterious woman he had admired this morning in the café. He stepped back a few steps, "Y/n....." he uttered under his breath. Could it really be her? No it possibly couldn't be. She seemed too good for a world this dark, there is no way she would be an enemy of the Port Mafia.....right?

"Did you say something Dazai?" Ango questioned.

He looked over to Ango who looked worried for a second, before nodding "I'm fine, I just haven't gotten any coffee yet so I'm a bit jumpy still".

Ango turned to look at the boss who was deep in thought, not noticing Dazai's unusual reaction. "Our subordinate that survived that attack came to my office early this morning with one message sent from the attackers" Mori stated.

"And what was that message boss?" Ango questioned.

"Don't get in our way or all hell will break loose"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 548 24
Transported into the realm of your favorite anime 'Bungo Stray Dogs' after a tragic accident, you discover that life in this new reality is anything...
964K 20.6K 29
// A collection of Bungou Stray Dogs oneshots; x readers_ || All requests closed ---------------------- • All one-shots are written by me, but I...
103K 3.4K 12
Dazai finally gets to talk to his old enemy, and treats him the same way as always, with his annoying remarks and jokes. However, with time Chuuya ch...
55.6K 1.4K 18
Dazai and Chuuya were always arguing and fighting each other. But what about when one of them needs help? They say that they hate each other.. but i...