The Past Haunts us- BOOK TWO

By philinda_biatch

Do you know the feeling? When you loose someone close to you? When you can feel your heart break, want to men... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Soaring
Chapter 2: Ghosts
Chapter 3: I can't loose you
Chapter 4: Back home
Chapter 5: Ready
Chapter 6: Waking up
Chapter 7: Nothing less
Chapter 8: Reveals
Chapter 9: Reality
Chapter 10: Here we go again
Note
Chapter 11: Line of Fire
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Infernodynamics
Chapter 15: Assembled
Chapter 16: Lost without you
Chapter 17: Let the girl go
Chapter 18: Tears of victory
Chapter 19: Can't loose you again
Chapter 20: Grief
Chapter 21: Soon
Chapter 22: Back me up
Chapter 23: Late night baking
Chapter 24: Big Sister
Chapter 25: Hand in hand
Chapter 26: Retirement
Epilogue

Chapter 14: Infernodynamics (Part 2)

59 1 0
By philinda_biatch

The inhumans were with Robbie, they were going to do recon up ahead. I watched through Robbie's camera, Elena had just went through the tunnel to look around. Suddenly, she burst out with fire blazing from her arm.

"Yo- Yo!" Daisy ran towards her and put the fire out.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She replied.

"Let's get you patched up back at the van."

I heard Daisy climb into the van and I nodded at her.

"Anything?" She asked.

"No. The feed is damaged and going through the fire probably didn't help."

"Oh. Look. It's clearing up."

"What is that?" I pointed at the glowing box in the middle of a heated area.

"Uh, not sure, sir." Fitz replied through the coms.

"Okay." I replied.

I turned my com off and motioned at Daisy to do the same.

"You okay?" I rubbed her shoulder.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good. Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I mean- the last few days have been a rollercoaster compared to before." I smiled, "You're getting a sister."

She smiled, "Yeah, it's nice. It's new." Her eyes softened, "I'm sorry I left."

"It's fine. We both knew why you did."

"You did?"

"Yeah, we've lost people in the past. We both had different coping techniques. Melinda went back in the field after I died. And I shut myself off from everyone except Melinda when my mom died."

"I- What happened with you parents?"

I took a deep breath, "My dad has an accident. I was about 9 years old." I looked down, "My mom had cancer. She died about a year after you were born."

"I was a mess after that. I forgot where I kept my things and forgot to check up on you once in a while."

"A few months after that we lost you." I looked back at her, "You know what happened after that."

"Yeah."

——————————————-

I quaked myself into the sky as I felt myself suffocating in the tiny area.

Taking deep breaths as I fell, I touched the ground. Instantly faced my hungry reporters and cameras flashing in my face.

"Is that quake?" "Was SHIELD lying?" "Have you been the whole time?"

I kept my mouth shut and stood up with a groan.

Reported crowded around me as I felt myself become tiny.

Dad noticed me and ran over to me, "Agent Johnson doesn't have to speak to any of you." He told the reporters.

I looked up at him and nodded, "Let's go, Layla."

He gently pulled me out of the roaring crowd.

"I- sorry. I felt myself suffocate inside so I came outside. I never thought- I didn't think-"

"Shh, come here." He pulled me into a warm hug.

"I missed you."

"Me too."

"Now, come on. Your mom's waiting."

"Daisy! I have something for you."

I raised an eyebrow at Simmons, "Your own lanyard!"

I took the handed badge and raised an eyebrow, "Level Blue? What is that?"

"We have no idea." Fitz replied.

May smiled.

                                ——————

I laid out the Chinese takeout on the area between me and Melinda.

"It's no Haig. But it's good enough."

"Hey, 5 more months and you can have the Haig."

May laughed, "Here's to us." She help her glass of water up.

"Here's to us." I repeated.

I slightly frowned as I looked back at her.

I know her smile and that's not her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 0 9
Morgan is going back to school, again. Studying to be a chef specializing in confectionery, Morgan's had an eventful and tumultuous start to life. Ev...
23.7K 574 36
For years you have been a ghost for SHIELD, a person who deals with those outside of the law. Few know exactly who you are, but not the monster insid...
1.9K 93 26
A princess; a teenage girl was raised by mutants her whole life with no memory of her biological family, having been sent away from them for hers and...
4.7K 184 40
When you lost your brother, you lost everything. After seventy years of cyrostasis, you wake up in a strange new world with your brothers best frien...