Aithne Azar

By booksandchaos

TikTok- Inlovewithfictonpeeps Don't really know where this is heading, I'm just writing for the sake of it. M... More

Heads up
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter seven

Chapter 3

1.4K 46 25
By booksandchaos

Aithne stared at Elex in disbelief. She opened her mouth to say something, then shut her mouth again, speechless. Elex looked at Aithne smugly.

"I'm amazing, aren't I?" He said, smirking. Aithne didn't say anything, still really confused.

"How are you feeling?" Dr Sorin asked her.

"Uhm good." She managed to say, still staring at Elex. She didn't just feel good- she felt amazing. She had no pain, at all, throughout her whole body.

"That's good. It looks like your functioning, but I would like to keep you in this room for another night. It was a pretty deep wound, and the fact that you can't remember anything-" Dr Sorin trailed off.

"No. I wanna leave. I feel fine. I'll probably remember everything tomorrow." She said, shaking her head. Something about this place gave her the creeps.

"I don't think that's a good idea, your still recovering-" Dr Sorin started but Dr Waylin cut him off.

"If you don't want to stay in this hospital room, we can arrange for you to stay in another... more homely room." Aithne frown. She wanted to get out off here, she wanted to know why she couldn't remember anything. But getting out of this room was better than nothing.

"Ah, ok." She said, her mind spilling with thoughts and questions.

"But at this moment we don't have any rooms available-" Dr Sorin started, frowning at Dr Weylin.

"I'm aware of that, she can stay in Elex's room for a bit. They-" Dr Weylin said.

"WHAT? I'm not sharing my room with her!" Elex spluttered, and Aithne couldn't help but smile.

"Whatsup roommate?" Aithne said grinning. Elex turned to her, sulking.

"I don't even know her name! How do I know she's not going to kill me in my sleep? I'm not sharing my room with a murderer!" Elex argued.

"Aithne Azar at you service." Aithne said, smirking at him. "Don't worry, I probably won't murder you in your sleep." Elex's eyes widen, and he turned to Dr Weylin. He opened his mouth to complain, but Dr Weylin got in first.

"Elex, it's only for a few days. Once she remembers where she lives, she'll leave. Ok?" Elex sighed in defeat. Aithne stood up, flexing her shoulder. It was as good as new. "I also expect you to answer any of her questions, Elex." Dr Weylin continues. Elex agreed sulkily. "Perfect. Enjoy your stay here Aithne." With that, Dr Weylin turned on his heal with a nod of goodbye, then limped over to the keypad on one of the wall. He punched in a code, and the wall slid to the side, revealing a corridor. As he continued down it, Aithne turned back to Dr Sorin and Elex.

"Aithne, if you need any help, just ask Elex to take you to me. Understand?" Aithne nodded, and Elex rolled his eyes. "I have to go tend to another patient, but Elex, behave." Elex saluted, and this time Dr Sorin rolled his eyes, before following Dr Weylin down the corridor.

"I can't believe they made me a babysitter." Elex groaned in annoyance. He turned around to the exit and started walking down it, not even waiting for Aithne to follow him. But she quickly followed him, setting her strides the same as his.

"I have alot of questions." Aithne stated and Elex groaned.

"Alright. Keep them to yourself." He said.

"Dr Weylin said that you would answer any of my questions." Aithne said smugly.

"Dr Weylin also said that I wasn't allowed to set smoke bombs off in Everett's room." Elex replied.

"What?"

"Doesn't matter. The point is I don't have to do what Dr Weylin says." Elex said. Aithne chose to ignore him.

"My first question is where the hell am I?" Elex rubbed his temples. The two of them were halfway down the hallway, heading towards the exit at the other end. The hallway was very plain- painted white,  with bright lights hanging on the roof. Keypads where placed every few meters, presumably leading to hospital rooms like the one she was just in. Elex sighed again and turned to Aithne, contemplating whether putting up a fight would be worth it. Deciding it wouldn't, he opened his mouth to answer.

"Your in a warring compound." he answers, and Aithne raised her eyebrows.

"A what?" Her lip twitched as Elex sighed drastically.

"A babysitter. That's what I am.  I have the best  healing powers in this whole god damn compound, and yet i'm stuck with the job of
babysitting a two year old." Elex muttered as Aithne grinned. They reached a keypad at the other side of the hallway and Elex punched in a code. 7423. Aithne tucked the information in her mind incase something popped up in the future. The door wall slide to the side revealing... another hallway. Like the other one, it was painted white, and bright lights flickered above. More doors, more keypads. Elex lead them left, and the door behind them slid closed.

"Mhm, very sad. Anyway, warring compound?" Aithne prompted. Elex signed yet again.

"A warring compound is one of the many compounds placed around the battle feilds. Duh." He said this as if it was the
most obvious thing in the world.

"Battle fields? What the fuck?" At this point Elex looked as if he was about to scream.

''Yes battle feilds. Have you been living under a rock?"

"Uhm maybe. I can't remember past this morning. Anyway, explain that. More..." Aithne asked. Elex sighed...again. What, was that five sighs in three minutes?

"Explain what? How your living under a rock?"

"No, explain the compounds. And battle fields."

"It's not rocket science. The king and emperor are in war. War equals battle fields. Battles equal injured people. That equals
compounds." Elex explained, as if talking to a baby. King? Emperor? Balttes? Compounds? Wtf?

"Uh..." Aithne started. Elex groaned and rubbed a hand over his face.

"Omg you really are a two year old!!" He sulked.

"Sounds like your deflecting your insecurities." Aithne retorted. "Surely there's like a therapist here that you can talk to." Elex shook his head, muttering something about how 4 cups of
coffee was not enough for today. Aithne ignored him, rubbing her temples instead.

"This is too confusing." Aithne stated. She made a mental note to continue this conversation later, when she could think properly.

"Let's change the subject. How did I get here?" Elex inhaled with annoyance. "Last question, I swear!" she quickly added. Elex nodded in defeat.

"You dragged your arse here by yourself. Well, actually, you dragged yourself to the entrence of the compound where a medic found you unconscious. They brought you to the medic
wing, where they patched you up a bit before I came into fix you with my incredible magic. You know the rest." Elex tensed his jaw where she had punched him.

" Oh yeah, I do know the rest! I punched you!" Aithne said gleefully. "Speaking of which, my hand is still a bit sore, do you mind using your magic too..." Aithne grinned at the pissed off expression on Elexs face as she grabbed
her hand and showed him how bad it 'hurt'. Elex clenched his jaw, muttering to himself about how the gods tested him every day. Aithne's grin widened.

"Where are we going?" she asked before Elex could return the favour of punching her. As she said it, they reached the end of the second hallway.

"A dumpster so we can drop of unwanted trash." Elex answered, giving Aithne a pointed stare. She smiled sweetly. Elex turned away from her, tapping in a code in the keyboard hanging on the wall. 7423.

"It's not good to talk about yourself the like that. Again, therapy is a option." Aithne said earnestly as the wall slid aside. Elex ground his teeth together. The sliding door revealed a corridor. It was unlike the other hallways that they had just been in as it was wider, the lights were more natural, and it was painted a beige colour. And this one had people in it. A few men and woman were scattered along the hallway, walking around with purpose. They were all wearing different clothes, and didn't seem to be in any order, apart from the matching grim expressions. None of them spared the two a second glance, and all continued past them as if they were invisible.

"Don't mind them. They alway look upset. Don't blame them though, with the war and everything." Elex said quietly in her ear. She nodded, looking down at her own clothes. She was wearing a black tank top, along with camo cargo pants. She didn't remember putting them on. Elex grabbed her arm and pulled her down the corridor.

"Cmon Azar, I'm hungry." Elex said, weaving through the people.

"Azar?" Aithne ashed raising a eyebrow.

"Thats your last name right?" Elex asked.

"Yeah but that sounds weird. You calling me Azar." Aithne crinkled up her nose.

"Well get used to it." Elex said as they reached an archway in the hallway.

"Ok El." Elex rolled his eyes before pulling her through the archway. The first thing that Aithne saw was food.

"Thank god. I'm starving."
_____________________
1581 words

Hey readers, here's an image of what I pictured Aithne to look like: (if that's not how you pictured her it's fine just ignore this)

Credits: @mo0nwhisperer on tiktok

And this is what I pictured Elex to look like:

Credits: @createfaces2 on tiktok

Anyway, thanks for reading so far! I really appreciate all the support, and if you have any suggestions to where this story should go, drop them in the comments!
Byeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...