Pretty Reckless ━━ Derek Hale...

By Monrox

[COMPLETED] ❝It was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.❞ All teenagers dealt... More

PRETTY RECKLESS βœ“
| ZERO: Darker than Death βœ“
| ONE: Lingering Gazes βœ“
| TWO: Transition βœ“
| THREE: Beating Hearts βœ“
chapter four | web of lies
chapter five | hot girls and car wrecks
chapter six | a little taste
chapter seven | ptsd
chapter eight | seducing a stilinski
chapter nine | impulse under pressure
chapter ten | heart of stone
chapter twelve | sugar lips and harsh words
chapter thirteen | bite to the dust
chapter fourteen | miguel juarez
chapter fifteen | the huntress and the wolf
chapter sixteen | words before threats
chapter seventeen | panic on the rise
chapter eighteen | howls at night
chapter nineteen | the perfect shot
sequel.

chapter eleven | werewolves and alcohol don't mix

41.9K 1.2K 685
By Monrox

11 // Chapter Eleven

Werewolves and Alcohol Don't Mix

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

        "You okay?" Tate asked, siting down next to Clara on the couch in the living room. Clara was sitting on the couch, her legs sprawled out with a blanket on top of her. Her head was resting on her hand since he arm was prompt up on the couch railing. This is how its been for the past few days; Clara sitting on the couch. drinking tea and doing nothing more. Tate thought she was just coping with the events from that night in the school. What Clara didn't share was that fact she was suffering from a broken heart.

        "No." She answered blankly. Besides the heartbreak, Clara wanted nothing more than to feel nothing. To feel numb and immune to any sort of feelings and emotions what so ever. Clara hasn't spoken to Lydia or Allison, not really wanting to anyway. Stiles and Scott, on the other hand, called a few times just to make sure how she was doing.

        "It will get better." Tate tried to reassure her. He could sense that something was off with her. Tate knew her well enough to know that when anything she's going through her depression, she doesn't like to show that she's upset.

        "When?" Clara asked, shrugging her shoulders, "Tomorrow, in a week, when?"

        He sighed, "Your pain will fade, eventually. It just takes time." Tate placed a hand on her knee, rubbing it soothingly before getting up and walking upstairs.

        Clara didn't want it to take a while. She wanted all the pain to be over and done with. She didn't want to feel this way but then again, no one does. In her midst of her doing nothing, Clara's phone rang. When she looked down at the screen, it was Stiles as the caller ID.

        She answered it, "Hello?"

        "Claaaraa...." Stiles voice trailed, holding out her name with his voice high pitched and slurring a tad bit, "What up, sista?"

        Her face scrunched up in confusion, "Stiles? Are you okay?'

        "Me? Oh I'm amazing. Why did I call you?" He asked himself, mumbling under his breath before fully speaking, "Oh right. So I'm trying to cheer Scott up by getting him and myself drunk. Do you want to join us?"

        "I don't think so. Werewolves and alcohol don't mix." She joked. Clara didn't care if she was depressed and heartbroken, she sure as hell wasn't going to show her true emotions.

        "Dude, you know, she's just one - one girl. You know, there are so many - there are so many other girls in the sea." Stiles slurred and Clara guessed that Stiles was talking to Scott even though he was still on the phone

        "You mean fish?" Clara heard Scott mumbled on the other line.

        "Fish? Why you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. I love girls. I love 'em. I love especially ones with strawberry blond hair, green eyes, 5'3" - "

        "Lydia?" Clara questioned, raising her brows, amused with drunken Stiles's behavior.

        "Yeah, exactly. Hey, how did you know I was talking about - about - What was I talking about?' Stiles chuckled and Clara could imagine the stupid yet silly grin on his face, "I gotta go, Clara. Bye-Bye!"

        With one lasting chuckle, Stiles hangs up. Clara knew that Stiles was something else, always thinking of crazy and new ideas that would most likely get someone in trouble. But getting Scott and himself drunk was definitely a new blow for him.

        Clara threw her phone on the arm chair across from her before her eyes settled on the crackling flames of the fire in the fireplace. She snuggled up into her blanket as she continued to look at the rapid flames. But whenever she would look at the fire, all she could imagine was the Hale house burning down to nothing more.

        And that was not something she would have wanted to see.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        Today was the full moon and Clara could not be more nervous. Of course, she spent her whole life with her parents training her about self control, but even a professional skilled werewolf has trouble. She sat at her desk in economics next to Stiles, who was rapidly tapping his foot.

        Stiles leaned over to her, "Hey, I'm sorry about that whole drunk phone call from last night."

        "It's fine." She shrugged, chuckling, "But I will admit the drunk conversation I had with you."

        His eyes widened, blinking a few times, obviously terrified of the drunken' mishaps he must have said, "Wait, what? W-What did I say?"

        A mischievous idea popped into her head as she leaned over, able to feel Stiles's warm breath on her face, "You kept telling me all the dirty, sexual fantasies you had about me in bed and all the places you wanted to touch me."

        Stiles's eyes widened, if that was even possible, and he took an a sharp intake of breath, "I d-did?"

        Unable to hold the anxious feeling of laughter, she boasted into it, earning an unwanted glare from Mr.Harris, "I'm kidding, dumbass. You were all giggling and happy and you wanted me to join the two. Luckily I didn't or otherwise I would have ended up on a pole in some random ass bar."

        Stiles reeled back into his seat and continued his foot tapping before Clara adverted her eyes over to Scott who just walked in. He tried to talk to Allison until Harris shushed him away. Scott sat in front of Stiles, getting two nods from both Clara and Stiles as a form of a greeting.

        "You have 45 minutes to complete the test. 25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book." Clara saw out of the corner of her eyes, Stiles immediately writing down his name, "However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin." Harris announced to the entire class. Clara didn't understand why Harris was teaching economics since he was a chemistry teacher.

        Clara looked down at the first question:

        1. An increase in imports of consumer goods is most likely to have been caused by a:

        A. fall in the exchange rate

        B. rise in household saving

        C. rise in household income

        D. fall in unemployment

        Hell if I know, Clara thought before circling the letter B. Her heart was beating rapidly, already feeling the soon-to-come full moon's effect. It was like her emotions were on overdrive; all of her senses heightened.

        Not even a minute into the test, Scott sat up abruptly with his book bag and ran out of the room, "Mr. McCall!" Harris yelled.

        Stiles and Clara shared a look before running after him, them both hearing Harris calling their names as well but not stopping.

        "Scott?"

        As Clara and Stiles walked down the hallway, they picked up his forgotten book-bag. Stiles dug out his phone and dialed his number. Once Clara heard the familiar ring tone, she lead Stiles towards it as it gradually got louder. The ringing eventually led the two into the boy's locker-room. The two teenagers fiantly heard the running of the shower, water harshly pounding on the tile floor.

        The two teenagers turned around the corner to see a shirtless Scott, hunched over and panting under the water.

        "I-I can't-"

        Clara's eyes widened, "What's happening? Are you changing?"

        "No. No, I can't breathe." He wheezed.

        Stiles quickly went through his book-bag and pulled out an inhaler. He threw the inhaler at Scott, at which is gracefully caught, and took a big puff out of it, his chest now longer heaving up and down and his breath on an even scale, "I had an Asthma attack?

        "No, you were having a panic attack. But thinking you were having an asthma attack actually stopped the panic attack." Stiles said before adding sarcastically, "Irony."

        "How did you know to do that?" Scott asked his best friend.

        "I used to get them after my mom died." Stiles nodded before Clara adverted her eyes somewhere else, "Not fun, huh?"

        Clara's never actually heard Stiles speak of his mother. She had always thought she was in the picture anymore or that she just hasn't met her yet. Turns out she's dead.

        "I looked at her, and it was like someone hit me in the ribs with a hammer." Scott explained as Clara crossed her arms.

        "Yeah, it's called heartbreak." Stiles remarked as Clara flinched at the word, "About 2 billion songs written about it."

        Scott shook his head, "I can't stop thinking about her."

        "Well, you could think about this: Her dad's a werewolf hunter, and you're a werewolf, so it was bound to become an issue." Stiles chuckled, trying to light up the mood. Clara whipped her head to him, looking at him like he was the stupidest man on the planet before whacking him on the back of the head, "That wasn't helpful. Dude, I mean, yeah, you got dumped, and it's supposed to suck."

        "No, that's not it. It was like I could feel everything in the room, everyone else's emotions." Scott explained, breathless.

        Clara sighed, crossing her arms, "That's the full moon. It's beginning to affect me too. So we'll lock you up in your room later just like we planned while Stiles watches both you and me. That way the Alpha, who is your boss, can't get to you, either."

        "I think we need to do a lot more than lock me in my room." Scott said, stepping forward to his two friends.

        "What, you mean because if you get out, you'd be caught by hunters?" Stiles questioning, cocking his eyebrow.

        "No. Because if I get out - I think I might kill someone."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        "I made first line!" Stiles yelled, throwing his arms up into the air before rushing over to Clara who stood feet away, leaning against the wall. He wrapped his arms around her body tightly and spun her around.

        When he stopped, Clara looked at him with a confused expression, "What's all the big commotion?"

        "I made first line and Scott is officially co-captain." Stiles confirmed all giddy. Clara glanced over his shoulder to see Scott walking out of the locker-room, looking all glum.

        "Who cares? It's just a stupid title. And I could practically smell the jealousy in there." Scott stated as Clara walked in between the two.

        Stiles stopped the two of them, placing a hand on Scott's chest, "Wait, you smell jealousy?"

        "Yeah, it's like the full moon's turned everything up to ten." Scott explained, widening his eyes for a moment.

        Clara nodded in agreement, "Full moon heightens everything for us. Our emotions, our abilities, our self control. Everything is a hell of lot harder to keep under the radar."

        "Can you guys pick up on stuff like, I don't know, desire?' Stile questioned the two werewolves.

        Clara quirked an eyebrow at him, "Desire?"

        "Like sexual desire?"

        "Sexual desire?"

        "Yeah, sexual desire. Lust, passion, arousal." Stiles added, rolling his Rs when saying the word arousal.

        Scott glanced over and saw a certain strawberry blonde by the door, "From Lydia?"

        "What? No, in a general, broad sense, can you determine sexual desire?" Stiles stated, nonchalantly.

        Clara smirked, "From you to Lydia?"

        "Yes from me to Lydia." Stiles admitted through gritted teeth before letting out a frustrated huff, "Look, I need to know if I have a chance with this girl, okay? I've been obsessing over her since the third freakin' grade."

        "Why don't you just ask her?"

        "Well, to save myself utterly crushing humiliation. Thank you, Scott. Okay? So, please, can you just go up and ask her if she likes me? See if her heartbeat rises, pheromones come out."

        "Fine." Scott said before making his way over to her.

        "I love you. I love you. You're my best friend in the whole world." Stiles thankfully said as Scott continued to walk down the hall.

        Suddenly, a hand reached out and grabbed her forearm. She whipped around and saw Jackson, still in his lacrosse gear, looking not so pleased, "Can I talk to you?"

        Before she even had the chance to answer, he was dragging her down the other end of the hallway and into one of the offices. It looked like Coach Finstoke's office except the windows and door that led into the locker-room.

        'Easy with the hands." Clara hissed, yanking back her hand before turning to face, "What the hell do you want Jackson?"

        "What the hell is going on with McCall? He can't just suddenly become amazing at lacrosse and become a captain." Jackson sneered at her, walking towards her at a dangerous proximity, "You think I haven't notice how everything started to change the moment you showed up."

        "You accusing me of something?" She questioned him, tempting him.

        "Everything began changing and I think you have something to do with it all." He continued, "I think you're in the middle of it all."

        "What can I do to change your mind?" Clara slowly said, stepping closer to Jackson. What the hell am I do, she thought to herself, why am I stepping closer to him? Whether it was the full moon affecting her or that fact she's heart broken over Derek, causing her reckless behavior to come out, Clara continued to step closer till her and Jackson's chest were touching.

        "Walk away, Clara!" She mentally screamed inside her head.

        Jackson noticed the vibe she was giving off, "Well, I can think of one way."

        He suddenly had his hands on her bottom, making her jolt up and their lips literally centimeters away. For a moment, they teased each other, their lips briefly brushing up against each other. Until their lips crashed into each other, with passion and lust and only that.

        Everything else was a blur.

        Jackson kissing her neck and Clara taking off her shirt. Them eventually pulling away and walking away from each other. While Jackson wasn't a terrible kisser, it still didn't feel right.

        He wasn't the one she wanted to kiss.

Don't hate me too much for this chapter. The whole make-out session between Jackson and Clara meant NOTHING. So don't expect any sort of relationship or feelings between them. Next chapter i know everyone will love.

~ ~ ~ ~ Monrox (Katie)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 697 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...
3.2K 63 12
{stiles stilinski ff} Rose Martin is just like any other teenager; she worries about her grades, thinks about her outfit choices in too much detail a...
14.8K 643 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
63.4K 1.3K 38
πŸŽ΅π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’˜π’† 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’†π’…π’ π’˜π’† π’ˆπ’ 🎡 Upon the return to beacon hills the argent sisters are there on one strict r...