Mercy||Miguel Diaz

By dallascobra

Brielle "Lola" Moskowitz had just moved to California, after receiving a desperate phone call from her aunt... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
Update!

14

88 3 0
By dallascobra

"Where should I put this?" Miguel asked, with a tray full of baked goods. "Um," I turned to look at the counter, where all of the food was, "Just squeeze it somewhere on the left end." "Okay." He smiled as he kissed my cheek, then walked to the counter. "Hola, Lola!" Carmen beamed. "Hola, Carmen!" I smiled, as we embraced one another.

"I'm so sorry for bringing so little. I had no idea what to make, so I baked." "No, no, it's okay," I assured her, "I appreciate you guys bringing anything and showing up." "We wouldn't miss it for the world! Plus, Miggy's been bragging about your little sister, and I have been dying to meet her and your parents." I sharply inhaled at the thought of her meeting my parents, "Right." Miguel's grandma then walked in, "You look beautiful." "Thank you," I smiled at her, "You look beautiful as well. The both of you do." "Gracias, mija." Carmen smiled.

"I just want to thank you for inviting for your family's Thanksgiving dinner. We don't get to experience big family events, such as this, and this means so much to us." Miguel's grandma softly smiled. "Of course, you guys are always welcomed to any family gathering." "That means so much." Carmen smiled in awe.

That tender moment only lasted a few seconds, because in walked the LaRusso family right behind them. I deadpanned as Samantha came into view. "Hey." Miguel approached. "Hey." I answered. Carmen and her mother then made there way towards everyone, I know I have to introduce everyone but right now my blood is boiling. "Did you know Sam was going to be here?" He questioned. "No," I shook my head, "Eli was supposed to go to their house. But just my luck for them to be here." "Well, let's go introduce my family to yours." He wrapped his arm around me and we followed into their direction.

Introducing them to my aunt and uncle was the easy part, now the real battle is going to be acquainting them to my parents. I made bigger strides, in hopes to approach my parents before Carmen and her mother do. "Mom." I called out, in a hushed tone. She ignored me, of course, continuing to fiddle with her phone.

"Mom." I called again. "Ugh," She rolled her eyes, "What do you want now?" "Miguel's mom and grandma want to meet you and dad." I replied. "Hello," Carmen approached, "I'm, Carmen." "Christy," She softly smiled grabbing my dad's arm to include him into the conversation, "This is my husband, John." "Nice to meet you guys." My dad greeted. "You as well," Carmen then placed her hand on her mother's shoulder, "And this is my mom." "Nice to meet you ladies." My dad offered a friendly smile.

Okay, so far so good. "I just want to compliment you guys on how amazing your daughter is. She's well mannered, kind-hearted, very thoughtful, smart, and beautiful." My eyes shut and my head dropped, my chin touching my chest. I know exactly what's going to take place now, any time someone compliments me in any form; my mom always has something to retort. Shit!

"Oh," She scoffed, "She's not all that great, but we appreciate the gesture." "Hun!" My dad softly scolded. My mom put her left shoulder up quickly and dropped it even faster, sipping her drink. By the look on Carmen's face, she was completely caught off guard at my mom's remark. "Mama," Miguel chimed, "Let's go meet her sister, yeah?" Carmen inhaled and deep breath and released it quick, "Yes, let's go." "She's outside." My dad informed.

Miguel, Carmen, her mother, and I made our way to the back. Carmen had caught a glimpse of Samantha during our quick travel to the back, and she wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of her and I being under the same roof; especially on a holiday. But I assured her everything is okay, even if I didn't believe it myself.

"Kenny!" Miguel hollered. She quickly spun with a gasp following her motion, "Miggy!" Carmen giggled, "She calls him Miggy?" "Yup," I nodded my head, "They bonded extremely quickly." "That's right, Pinky." Kenny teased. "Pinky?" His grandma questioned. I shook my head at the use of the nickname, "It's a long story."  Kenny was quick to jump into Miguel's arms, and he happily obliged in holding her. "Kenny," He smiled, "This is my mom and this is my yaya." Kenny made a confused face, "What's a yaya?" That caused all of us to let out a little chuckle.

"That's what he calls his grandma." I answered. "Ohh," She laughed at herself, "That makes sense." "It's so lovely to meet you, Chiquita." Carmen smiled, as she gave Kenny's cheek a soft pinch. "Did you just call me a chicken?" Kenny immediately questioned, with lots of offense and confusion. I face palmed, and Miguel along with his family got a real kick out of her question.

"No," Carmen answered sweetly, "It's kind of like I called you small or petite." "I am not small! I'm the tallest one in my class!" She defended. Carmen chuckled, "Well, to me you're my Chiquita. Is that okay?" "Yes," She gave a small smile, "That's okay." "Kenny!" The sound of my mom's voice boomed throughout the yard. She sighed, "Yes, mom?" "Come on, I've got to take pictures of you!" "Okay, be right there." She replied. Kenny then made her way to my mom's direction, I'm know she hates how overbearing our mom is with her. She's told me that some time ago, and by her actions every time she is summoned; she clearly still feels the same way.

It was now time to eat, and we've all have said grace already. I've somehow been able to avoid Samantha and Eli thus far, but now it's blatantly impossible to avoid them. Considering her and her family are sitting directly across from me! I've been keeping my gaze on the plate in front of me, because I know with just one glance at her; it'll ruin my positive vibe I'm attempting to keep.

"So," Samantha's dad, Daniel, started, "Lola, you had came over to my house before, right? For a school project of some sort?" I was absolutely stunned that he started talking to me, but I have no problem with him so I see no reason to afford small chatter.

"Yes," I answered, "A while back." "Yeah, I thought I recognized you. Miguel's told me that you're a natural in karate, do you currently attend a dojo?" He asked. "Nope. I'm more of an independent-study type student." "Maybe you should try Miyagi-Do," He took a sip of his wine, "We're always looking for new students." Before I could even give an answer, Samantha decided to answer for me. "Dad, I doubt she'd want to train somewhere her boyfriend doesn't." "Boyfriend? Who's your boyfriend, Lola?" He asked.

I was dumbfounded at his question, if Miguel had been talking about me then how could he not mention this most valuable factor? That I'm his damn girlfriend! "Uh, Miguel is, actually." I gave a dry chuckle. "Oh," He raised his brows, "I wasn't aware of that. But uh I've been trying to talk Miguel into going my dojo, and as did Sam, but we all know how loyal he is to Johnny."

His words cut and stuck in me like glass. I had no idea that Samantha was trying to get Miguel to join her dad's dojo, but honestly what would I expect? Samantha is always coming up with different ways to break us apart so she can scoop him up again, whether she's dating my pinhead of a cousin or not. Samantha LaRusso is and will always be a jealous and spiteful person, as Tory has warned me about.

"Which I don't understand why, considering he wasn't loyal to us." Eli chimed. "Don't say that," Miguel argued, "He's an amazing sensai. He never gave up on us!" "No, he never gave up on you," He corrected, "As for the rest of us? We show up to class, and see no Johnny for weeks on end. He gave up on the dojo because he's weak, and can't be a man and face the damage he had caused." Miguel then opened his mouth, but was silenced by Samantha's mother attempting to calm the two down.

"If he's never gave up on us, tell me why isn't he here today, huh? I'm sure you invited him, but he didn't show. Why? Because he's too pussy to reap what he sowed." Eli spat. "Eli!" "Hey, language!" The adults scolded. Miguel shook his head, "I'm not going to argue with you, Eli. It's thanksgiving, and we should do our best to embrace each other's presence as best as we can." "Y'know speaking of missing people," Samantha started, "Where's your little friend Tory at, Lola?"

Immediately her's and Miguel's family's faces had all went to immediate confusion. "Samantha!" Miguel scolded. "Wait, wait, wait," Daniel scoffed, "Tory as in the Tory that attends Cobra Kai?" "Yup." Samantha answered, popping the 'p'. Her mother than said, "Okay, Lola, from what I'm told you're new to the school and stuff. Do you know what happened? Y'know, the school fight?" I closed my eyes and sighed, knowing what was about to follow, "Yeah. I do." "And you're okay with that? You're okay with being friends with the girl who caused the fight, who cut my daughter, and more importantly was the root of your boyfriend almost being paralyzed? Or more importantly, almost dying!"

Carmen shut her eyes as her face clinched at the memory of her son going through that tragedy. "Please, don't attack her, Mrs.LaRusso." Miguel softly requested. "I'm not trying to attack her, I'm just trying to understand is all." She replied.

"Is it true?" Carmen asked, "Are you friends with Tory?" I took my lip between my teeth, and lightly nodded. "Ay dios mio!" His grandma covered her mouth.

"HA! How typical of Lola to do," My mom laughed, "Of course she'd be friends with someone who betrayed her boyfriend. Someone she claims to love, yet decides to be friends with the girl who caused the fight that nearly had him killed!" "They're a match made in Heaven, aunt Christy. After all, he still defends the dad of the boy who almost killed him!" Eli spat.

My heart started pumping loudly, so loudly. All I could hear was the sounds of my own beating heart. The room seemed to be getting brighter, and blurry. My chest rapidly rising and falling, with the rhythms of my unsteady breathing. A sound grip on my inflamed skin and quickly snapped me out of it. Since it was Miguel's hand gripping my forearm. Our eyes met each other's, and I could see the empathy behind them.

"Please, stop," My aunt begged, "Leave Lola alone! Leave Miguel alone! They're so so happy together, and they don't need to explain anything to anyone. Just like every relationship, their problems must remain within their relationship," She then looked to Samantha's parents, "You guys are judged my niece, but what about your daughter? She's dating my son, her ex-boyfriend's best friend. You two don't see any betrayal with that?"

"Are you insulting our parenting skills?" Daniel was quick to take offense. "No," She answered, "My whole pout is no relationship is perfect. There's always some weird bumps and turns in the road. But when two people are happy with each other, there's no reason to try and sabotage that. I may not agree with my son dating his best friend's ex, but he's happy with her. She's happy with him. Just because it doesn't make sense to anyone else, doesn't mean it needs to. Everyone's happiness is different, and we don't need to explain every little thing that makes us happy. Even if we feel that our kids our making a mistake, that's their mistake to make. We just need to be there for them to help them learn and move on from it after. And hope that mistake isn't something too consequential."

And just like that, the room was silent. My aunt does what she does best, show everyone the bigger picture. My eyes watered, I turned to my aunt and mouthed a thank you. She just gave me a soft smile, and a tiny head nod in response.

"Carmen," Kenny turned to her, "My sissy really does love Miguel and I love him too! I don't understand everything that's happening, but please don't be mad at her. Please." "Ay, Chiquita," She smiled as she stroked her head, "I'm not," Carmen then looked up at me, "I'm not." I just gave her a genuine smile as my reply.

"So," My uncle chimed, "I think that's enough Dr.Phill for tonight. How about we finish our food and enjoy the rest of our night? Tonight is about counting your blessings, not fighting the ones we should be holding close." "Cheers to that one!" My dad raised his glass. Hesitantly, everyone began joining in on the gesture. This doesn't mean everything is sunshine and rainbows between us all, this just means there's a time and place for everything. And tonight was not the time nor place to try and cause a scene. But the time will come, oh how it will come.

{A/N: Okay, y'all, WOW! I never do these side notes, but I just need to state how excited I am for season four to drop today day!! In just a little less than an hour, all anticipation will be cured!! I AM BEYOND EXCITED FOR THIS SEASON!!!!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 7.9K 23
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
404K 16.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
1.7M 55.7K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

103K 2.4K 39
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...