Black Silk ✘ Minsung

By YE0N08

Looking into each other's eyes, words stuck in their throats. Screams and cries for help pierce through their... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
Bonus

Chapter 23

777 50 9
By YE0N08

  In the middle of the vision, Changbin came over to Jisung a hugged him for the rest remaining minutes and never once let go of his friend. Jisung also couldn't bear to look at the hurtful snippets of his life — he did not want to see it anyway, he was doing this only so Seungmin had a proper reason to rewrite the files. He was doing this for Felix and his well-being.

  As Jisung was hugging Changbin and heard his mother's painful ear-piercing scream when she found his body, he immediately brought his hands up to cover his ears so he didn't have to listen to the noises that tore his heart apart, knowing damn well he was the cause of all of this. His own selfishness brought pain to others and he was now paying for it. But before his hands rested on his ears, someone else did it for him. Someone else disconnected him from the surrounding world.

  It caught him off-guard when he saw  Minho in front of him, his hands carefully but firmly resting on his ears. For whatever reason. The younger boy looked at him with confused eyes as he put his own hands on the devil's, feeling a warmth radiate from them. He did not understand why the devil would do such a thing for him — help him like that but it was the only thing Jisung could focus on as he kept on watching Minho's profile. The devil was very focused on the vision Seungmin was displaying for them but still made sure Jisung did not hear anything that would affect him. Though it was him that was currently affecting him in numerous ways Jisung couldn't describe. And wouldn't even dare to.

  It wasn't the most adequate moment for Jisung's sudden realisation of how pretty Minho's lips were at that moment. They were still pretty noticeable from the side and his nose was even prettier. He slightly shook his head to get rid of those thoughts considering under what circumstances they were at the moment. However, that slight movement seemed to catch Minho's attention as he turned his head towards the younger boy, his eyes sparkling with some kind of emotion Jisung did not know. Or refused to know. He faintly smiled at him before stroking the angel's hands with his thumbs. This simple and lovely gesture caused Jisung to remain frozen in place, his heart quickening as he let out a shaky breath. Minho also had no idea what he was doing. Chan and his fatherly smile said otherwise, he knew exactly what he was doing — he liked seeing Minho sincerely care for someone. Although, the younger devil would never admit that, the word care being long gone from his dictionary.

  As quickly as it started, it was over. Minho immediately removed his hands and moved away, taking advantage of the fact that Changbin and Chan were probably the only ones that noticed his sudden affection for the younger boy. Changbin was still hugging him as Jisung awkwardly stood there, processing what had just happened as he watched Minho walk away from him.

  Changbin pulled away, looking at the younger boy in front of him, pain visible in his eyes as he stroked Jisung's hair. The young angel felt like he unleashed an emotion he would've never thought the older was able to express.

  "If only I could've been there for you," the shorter boy said before hugging the angel again, repeatedly whispering words of sorrow and regret in his ear. Jisung stayed quiet, not sure what to do in this situation. Explaining what happened to Jeongin before was very simple because the youngest was very mature for his age and he immediately forgave Jisung for his actions, saying that he understood him and would never turn his back on him just because he yearned to be freed from the constant pain.

  "It's fine," Jisung said, putting his hands on Changbin's muscular shoulders. He pressed them in a comforting manner before grinning at him. "It's fine, hyung. It would've happened either way."

  "But — " he trailed off, not sure how to put it nicely. "But why do I feel so guilty? Why do I feel such a responsibility for not being there for you, for not being able to stop you? I — you died so young. You did not deserve that, Jisung."

  The angel smiled once more.

  "But you also died pretty young, hyung. Don't feel guilty for not stopping something that couldn't be stopped by even something almighty. Call me selfish but ... I am happier, now. For some reason, I feel like I belong here. The only thing making it hard for me right now are my memories. And that I am the only person in the whole building that remembers every single bit of my life."

  He heard a sigh from behind them, so he turned around and saw Seungmin looking at him.

  "I have never met someone who died by suicide. Because they were automatically turned devils and I don't really hang out with them, unless I have to," he glanced at Minho and Chan, trying to not think about the one certain devil that was currently not present, before continuing, "My parents treat and considering such matters as a horrible offence to God. And I was raised into believing it, too. But seeing this with my own eyes — Jisung-ah, you were such a brave person and I am sure everyone was proud of the things you have achieved. I am also certain that you did not want to die — you just wanted to live a different life. One where you would feel accepted and happy with yourself. And even though it is a heartbreaking situation for all those around you, I believe no one has the right to humiliate your actions and call you selfish for doing what you did.

  I don't want to turn this into a sentimental speech — but don't let anyone guilt-trip you. I think this is a perfect example that you can have everything you have ever dreamt of and still be unhappy. And for your good, Jisung, try your best to not let anyone find out. Especially the angels and revenge-seeking devils."

  Seungmin quickly glanced over at Minho because he was the one he believed the least. The said devil just rolled his eyes.

  Jisung nodded and ran to his mentor, engulfing him in an enormous hug before turning around to everyone else in the room.

   A few hours have passed and it was already dark outside. Or at least Jisung assumed it was since he had no way of checking due to the reason that the room did not have any windows. All of them were sitting around in the room, listening to stories the trio had to tell them. And all of them willingly listened because they were truly interested. No one has ever been able to remember their human life apart from the devils' sins before Jisung enrolled, so it was fair to be interested. Minho was the only individual that stayed because he simply had nothing else to do. It was either staying in the room with others or returning to his own room by himself. So he decided to sit back on the ground in the corner of the room, legs crossed as he watched them laugh at what was being said.

  Soon after, small groups were made and everyone started to get to know each other. It reminded Minho of a group of close friends at a college party he has visited a few times with Hyunjin. Seungmin sat with Jeongin and Chan, as the youngest told them about his encounters with the supernatural world. The two seemed very interested in the topic — especially Seungmin, who has not even once visited the human world and despite knowing about certain gifted people, he had not even once imagined coming across one. At least from what had Minho heard.

  Not so far from them, Felix and Changbin seemed very engaged in their conversation. It looked like they immediately clicked and Minho chuckled lightly when he saw the blonde boy blush as Changbin probably said something that made him feel all flustered. The only person he couldn't see at the moment was the youngest angel. It wasn't like he cared but since he knew certain things no one else in the room was aware of, he wanted to keep a close eye on Jisung. Not in the way he did earlier — pressing his hands on Jisung's ears because he saw the pain in his eyes and wanted to keep his mind off of those things. He had no idea why he did that. And probably did not even want to know the reason.

  Speaking of the devil (or rather the angel), Jisung suddenly appeared by his side and sat down next to him, keeping in mind to keep some distance between them. One, to not invade his personal space and two, for his own good. He felt a bit embarrassed because of what took place earlier, so he did not want to be closer to the devil than it was needed.

  The younger boy sat in a similar position as Minho, who was watching his every single move all along. Once the angel turned to him with a bright smile and his eyes turned into two crescents — it was the brightest smile that Minho has seen since he became a devil around three hundred years ago.

  "What are you doing here on your own? Chan is there," Jisung pointed at the group of three on the other side of the room before pointing at the two guys sitting closer to them, big smiles on their lips, "And Changbin is there. So, why are you here?"

  Minho raised his brows upon the younger's question, deciding to ignore him. Jisung was anticipating an answer from him but after a while of not receiving a single word, he gave up.

  "Well," he started, playing with his fingers. The devil was eyeing his every single move. "I wanted to give them space so I hope you don't mind me being here. With you."

  The devil did not answer again, so the younger sighed. "And I thought you were a talkative one. Guess I was wrong,"

  "It was you who told me to ignore your presence. So, that's what I am doing." the devil finally spoke up, averting his gaze in front of him as Jisung looked up. He hoped Jisung did not notice him staring at him, because that would've been pretty awkward but at the same time, he knew the brunette wouldn't dare to comment on it. The angel's mouth turned into the shape of an 'o' as he nodded, admitting that he did say that.

  "That's right," he mumbled, getting up. "It did not look like you ignored my presence back there but okay, whatever floats your boat."

  Minho heard what Jisung said even though the angel hoped he did not. Minho rolled his eyes as he captured the younger's hand, pulling him down next to him. The angel yelped upon the sudden action causing everyone to turn towards them as he fell back to his space with a loud thud. Jisung reassured them with his eyes and smile that everything was okay. Once everyone turned away, he put a hand on his chest.

  "Are you crazy?! I think you just gave me a heart attack, oh my," Jisung exhaled as he hit the devil on his shoulder. Minho just laughed at that. He looked cute.

  "You can stay here," Minho said as he gestured at the place next to him and Jisung gratefully smiled, his hand still on his racing heart. The two of them stayed silent after that and just watched their friends have a great time which left Jisung feeling great seeing Seungmin talk to others with such ease.

  "I am glad it turned out nicely," Jisung admitted, briefly stealing a glance at the devil who just hummed in response. "I'm just sorry Hyunjin couldn't be here. This whole thing was possible only because of him."

  Minho hummed again, admitting that it felt a bit empty without the satan's son constantly by his side. Not even once has Hyunjin left for longer than a few hours, he mostly spent his time with him and Chan, that's why he didn't believe the excuse Hyunjin told them. But he decided to just go with the flow, the younger was completely capable of going on with his life on his own just fine. But it was not like he felt happy about his withdrawal — he felt rather awful.

  "If you think about it, our hunt for the journal was kinda useless," the devil whispered, so no one (especially Seungmin) would hear them. Jisung looked at him again before realising that he was actually right — they night have learnt new info about the angel but not one that would help them out.

  "Well," he bit his lip before letting out a small chuckle, "at least it pumped up our adrenaline and personally, it was a nice experience. Going against the rules and just being rebellious. Something I never got the chance to try back in high school. Looking back, it was a fun moment — the way both of us looked genuinely scared."

  Minho smiled, nodding.

  "It truly was a memorable experience,"

  Stealing a glance at the younger boy, he smiled. Once he looked up and saw Chan grinning at him with that mischievous smile of his, his smile immediately fell. He looked away and all he could hear was Chan's teasing laughter before he continued with the ongoing conversation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.3K 2.6K 19
Part 5 of the Dark Kids series Completed ✅ Death is something that constantly picks at the back of the mind.. And when it happens it effects those a...
8K 348 33
Jisung was falling apart. He grew up with his grandparents, not knowing if his real mother and father were still out there. But one thing was bound t...
369K 16.5K 39
where Jisung accidentally texts his crush; Lee Minho softkihyunn Started:- 20180926 Finished:- 20181204 HEY ⚠️‼️ i was 13 when i wrote this. who le...
1K 60 8
Cho Mari's search for a new roommate steers her life in an unexpected direction. As a somewhat lazy workaholic, she's unprepared for the storm that's...