Creepypastas

By ciel_phantombutt

Creepypasta are essentially internet horror stories, passed around on forums and other sites to disturb and f... More

Jeff the Killer
Jane the Killer
Hoody
Laughing Jack
Eyeless Jack
Smile Pretty For Me
The Smiling Cat
I Am Nightmare
Bloody Painter
Teeth.jpg
Tying The Knot
The Rake
Smile Dog
She Lulls Me To Sleep
The Harbinger Experiment
The Yellow Devil
The Flesh Market
Hanging Man Hill
Die Before You Sleep
I Told You To Smile
Pokémon Lost Silver
Bad Dream Debbie
Sleepless
Russian Sleep Experiment
Squidwards Suicide
Noend House
Operation Stingray
Candy Pop
Upstairs
All Monsters Are Human
Wristbands
The Soldier
Déjà Vu
3am
Slenderman
Dead Silence
The Hum
Humming
The Hidebehind
Drippy

Devil Music

334 4 0
By ciel_phantombutt

This happened at work. I work at a library. My job is to shelve books and whatnot. I don't really interact with the patrons.

Well, one day, I was putting books in the basement for a future book sale. I used to live this job because I could play music out of my cellphone while I was down there. The basement of the library always gave me the chills but music helped. I started to volunteer more and more to go down to store books so I could listen to my music.

On this particular day, I had my music on shuffle. A song mocking the devil popped up and I had a bad feeling about letting it play, but I did anyway to have a good laugh (and I did). Another song about the devil played soon after. It's called "Almost Human" by the Gothic music artist Voltaire. It's a song about the devil talking to Saint Michael (the archangel who banished Satan to walk the earth for eternity). Check it out when you can. Again, I felt uneasy playing this because I am slightly superstitious, but I shook away the feeling. I like this song and won't pass up a chance to listen to it. I even sang along. Soon after, another Voltaire song played. This time it was "God Thinks" (a song about how people are self-righteous and put words into the mouth of God). Well, I had already played two songs about the devil so a song like this wouldn't do any harm either.

I got done shelving downstairs for the night and sent the empty book cart upstairs via the electric dumbwaiter. I shut off the basement light and let the door slowly shut on its own. I didn't expect the door to slam so loud, though, and it made me jump up the rest on the stairs. I was about ready to laugh at myself for being startled as I hit the light switch down, there was a blood-curdling scream of agony Colin from the basement. It was so clear and so loud that I jumped back and my hands shot up to my chest to feel my pounding heart.

I froze there for a moment in the short hallway. The only light came from the red EXIT sight over the door right in front of me next to the stairs. From outside, I heard a firetruck nearby and assumed that it was coming to whatever this person had screamed about. I was ready to be relieved, but the firetruck drove away and the siren faded. Right after that, I heard another scream. It was the same voice as the first (a woman's voice). It screamed, "No! Please, no!!" It was so god damn loud and so god damn clear.

I have always scoffed at people who say that they heard a clear voice saying something typical of a ghost to say like "Don't!" Or "Help me!" Or "Get out!" I always thought that they just wanted attention for hearing a ghost.

In not saying that it was a ghost I heard but I know it came from the basement. At first, I thought that it might have been someone in trouble outside the door, but if that had been true than the voice definitely wouldn't have echoed up from the basement.

I haven't been near those stairs since then, but I am nervous because the booksale is coming up and I will soon have to go back down there. I'm not sure if it was the music I had played down there, but something had gotten upset.

Whenever I look down that small hallway now (and these days I rarely do), it's completely dark except for the red light coming from the EXIT sign, and I imagine what could have made that heart-chilling scream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.5K 1.5K 6
1.3K 27 12
A collection of popular creepypastas. All in one book. Just for you.