The Elemental (Elijah Mikaels...

By adbaez

"And who might you be?" His dark eyes darted back and forth between her blue ones, unreadable yet searching a... More

PART ONE
Andromeda
Rose
Elijah Mikaelson
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon Part One
By the Light of the Moon Part Two
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Shots
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party Part One
The Dinner Party Part Two
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Happy Birthday.
The Birthday
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out the Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
All My Children (SMUT)
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Part Two
Growing Pains
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
The Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me if You Can
A View to a Kill
Into The Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me/Bring it On
American Gothic
Pictures of You
A New Life
New Orleans
House of The Rising Sun
Tangled Up in Blue
Girl in New Orleans
Sinners and Saints
Fruit of The Poisoned Tree
Bloodletting
The River in Reverse
Reigning Pain in New Orleans
The Casket Girls'
Après Moi, Le Déluge
Dance Back From the Grave
Crescent City
Long Way Back From Hell
Le Grand Guignol
Author's Note: Check Out My New Story!

Red String

4.1K 96 21
By adbaez

•••

•••

"Davina...Davina, wake up."

Fane gently shook the witch by her shoulders, running a gentle hand through her tussled curls as the young girl woke with a gasp. The vampire hushed her, clasping her shoulders firmly as she instinctively recoiled before letting out a sigh in relief at his face. "You had another nightmare." Fane stated, it wasn't a question but Davina nodded anyways as she sat up.

"Yes."

Fane returned Davina to the compound. Febe assisted the young girl with a bath before Fane put her to sleep in his bed, his twin now in the kitchens brewing a pot of tea for the young girl, and Regulus insisted on making a sandwich for her to eat. Hayley stayed in the bayou with the wolves and Andromeda and the other Originals, save Rebekah, were trapped in the cemetery until moonrise. Kol already sent Fane a video of Klaus kicking Elijah's arse into one of the nearby mausoleums.

"I brought you some things."

Fane grabbed a nearby bag, setting it on the nightstand. "A new sketchbook, canvases, charcoal...acrylics and pencils. Candles, soap, and a few other things. I'm afraid most of your things were lost in the fire at the plantation house, but I can go shopping for whatever you'd like." The vampire stopped, observing Davina as the witch stared off into space, hugging her knees to her chest tightly. "Davina..." Fane slowly knelt by the side of the bed, reaching out to gently turn her chin so her honey orbs locked with his.

"I don't know what you went through. But I know what the Other Side is like. And I know how unforgiving the Ancestors can be..." Davina only blinked at him as Fane gazed at her intently.

"What did they do? Tell me, so I can help you."

"...Nothing." Davina breathed out after a long pause, honey orbs appearing dim as she shook her head. "There was nothing. It was cold, empty, and dark, and it went on forever." Fane listened, but noticed as the young witch wouldn't meet his gaze. "I don't wanna talk about it. Please, Fane, don't make me." She whispered, and the vampire nodded slowly.

"Alright...but why won't you look at me?"

Davina looked up, but her gaze was focused on his nose and Fane cracked a smile. "Look into my eyes, Davina Claire." The vampire grasped her chin again, and she gasped as she focused on his. Brown orbs appeared like molten chocolate, warm and filled with worry. It made her heart ache. "You can tell me anything, Davina. I will never let anything hurt you. And I will never let anything, or anyone, take you away from me again. Never again." Fane pledged fiercely, and Davina felt her heart stutter in her chest before racing.

"I love you, Davina."

"...I know. I believe you...I-I'm just not ready." She whispered brokenly, tears filling up behind her eyes and Fane clicked his tongue as he made to wipe them away. "It's alright. Everything will be alright." The vampire gathered the little witch into his arms, lifting her up to sit on the middle of the bed before lowering her into his lap, and Davina hiccupped as he pressed soft kisses against her hair.

"T-They were s-so angry with me--" She sobbed, and Fane immediately understood that by 'they', Davina meant the Ancestors.

"You made mistakes. That did not give them a reason to torment you." He breathed. Fane understood how petty and prejudiced the Ancestors were. The old hags more than likely gave Davina hell for assisting Marcel with tormenting the witches, and now that the young witch was fated to a vampire? An old one at that? Fane had plenty friends in the witch community, Kol and the twins connections spread all across the globe, but the New Orleans Ancestors were different. They hated any creatures that were different or couldn't be controlled by them, hence their racism towards vampires, werewolves, and elementals.

"I used my powers against my own. And they said they'd do h-horrible things to me if I misuse my magic again. Th-They even threatened to h-hurt you..."

"Ssh, Davina. It's over, you're here now." Fane soothed, looking up as Febe knocked gently on the door. His twin held a silver tray with a pot of tea, cups, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, that she set on a nearby table before moving closer. Febe sat on Fane's other side, letting out a low hum as she brushed Davina's hair away from her face.

"If you'd like...there's something we can do to unlink you from the Ancestors so they cannot harm you. A spell." Febe breathed, and Davina looked up sharply in disbelief.

"T-That's impossible...without the Ancestors, I'll have no magic--"

"Nothing is impossible, Davina." The twins stated in unison, the young witch's eyes flickering between them in confusion as Febe smiled softly.

"If we do this, you'll no longer be linked to your Ancestors...but you would be given a direct link to ours. Our bloodline." She explained, and Fane nodded as he continued. "Think of it as an adoption ceremony of sorts. You would still be a witch, but will share the ancestral magic of elementals. You would be a part of me, and have the same protection from the Other Side."

"I-Is that really possible?"

"Yes. But only if you're willing."

"...Why? Why are you trying to help me? If I'm linked to your Ancestors, doesn't that mean you can use me like everyone else--"

"Davina, there is nothing I want more than your safety. Losing you--" Fane kissed his teeth, his features crumpling for a moment and Davina stared in shock before he schooled his expression. "It broke me. I will not let a bunch of dead witches that have already had their shots at life steal yours, I will sooner burn their beloved cemetery to the ground."

"B-But it can't possibly be that simple..."

"And it isn't. But I don't care. If you are willing, we can do the spell for you, Davina. Not for any other reason." Fane stated firmly, cupping her round cheeks in his palms, and honey orbs locked with chocolate as they stared into each other. "Do you want to? Davina?"

"Y-Yes. Yes! Of course, I want to!" The young witch cried, throwing her arms around Fane in relief, and the vampire squeezed her back tightly as he shared a long look with his twin. "We will do the spell tonight, after Andy is able to leave the cemetery. In the meantime, eat. And get some rest." Febe instructed, Fane setting the little witch on the bed as Febe set the tray in her lap. "Thank you...thank you so, so much." She breathed, and Fane smiled as he pressed a kiss to her head. "It is nothing, Davina Claire." Febe grabbed his hand, tugging Fane out of the room and shutting the door behind them, before rounding on him.

"An adoption ceremony? Is that what we're calling it?"

"It doesn't matter. She said yes, and I will do anything to protect her from those bloody Ancestors." Fane stated firmly, and Febe clicked her tongue in disapproval. "But are you sure about this?"

"Are you seriously asking--"

"Κόκκινη χορδή της μοίρας will do more than just link her to our bloodline, it will directly tie her to you. You will be tied together for life, it is as good as marriage. You won't be able to live without each other, Fane. Are you absolutely sure that this is what you want?" Febe insisted, her twin placing his hands on her shoulders as he stared at her determinedly.

"Losing her nearly destroyed me. I won't go through it again. This spell will do more than just protect her from the Ancestors, it will also give her my ability to heal. I won't leave Davina vulnerable again."

"...Alright. But then you should tell her." Febe breathed out, and Fane kissed his teeth in annoyance as he turned to walk away. His twin only followed after him as she continued. "She has a right to know, Fane! Davina is just a girl--"

"A girl who has already died-"

"Don't you think she should know the full implications of this spell?!"

"Of course I do!" Fane shouted, turning sharply to face his twin as Febe came to a stop a few feet away. "But I would rather not give her the option of saying 'no', not when I know this is my best way to keep her safe."

"So that's what you're worried about. You're afraid she'll reject you." Febe concluded, and Fane let out a groan as he ran a palm over his face. "She's young. Davina may say 'yes' now, and later change her mind about being tied to me. The heart is fickle that way, and I won't ask for her undying devotion when she has barely been given the chance to live." Fane breathed out, and Febe could only shake her head gently as she moved forward to cup his cheek.

"I think she may just surprise you. Speak to her, brother."

"...I will. Later." Fane stated finally, and Febe smiled as she patted his cheek.

"Good. Now come, Regulus insisted on making us all peanut butter and jelly sandwiches."

•••

"Time has never moved so slow before." Andromeda breathed, leaning her head back against the nearby crypt and Kol scoffed. "Please. Try centuries in a coffin, able to hear and feel everything, but unable to move." Andy gave the Original a look of pity, before rolling her eyes as Klaus' shouts were heard once again.

"Bloody fucking hell..."

"I've had enough of this, Niklaus stop being such a baby and just listen!!" Kol shouted, getting up from his place besides Andromeda to move towards his brothers quarreling. "Why, must you both defend her?!" Klaus spat, glaring harshly at his brothers. "Rebekah betrayed you, as well, Elijah when she brought Mikael here."

"Like the many times you betrayed us? Shoving a dagger in our hearts, and carting us around in boxes--"

"I DID IT TO PROTECT YOU! Mikael would have found us, because of you massacring your way across the continent-"

"Bullshit!! Mikael was always after you, and yet Rebekah insisted on packing up and running alongside you! She was even more loyal than Elijah was! Yet you daggered her too, killed anyone who dared to lust after her-"

"I was protecting her! You had a hand in a fair share of those leeches deaths yourself, so spare me Kol!" Klaus shouted back, and Kol scoffed as Elijah spoke up. "Because she is my sister, and because I like to remember her the way that she was before we became what we became, is why I can defend her Niklaus." Their elder brother stated firmly, and Andromeda watched as Klaus' face shadowed with pain as he remembered.

"She was an innocent girl, quick to laugh, full of life."

"My memories serve to make her betrayal more painful." Klaus breathed out, and Kol let a bitter laugh escape him before the Hybrid turned to him. "And what about you? Of course you defend her actions, you who plotted to betray me all those years ago?"

"Please, Niklaus. Spare me--"

"No, really. You tried to manufacture a dagger-"

"So that you may know what it felt like?! Oh yes, how bloody awful of me!" Kol spat, glaring daggers at his elder brother. "You speak of betrayal, you, who shadowed our every move and called it familial love? Just protecting our family, 'always and forever'?! Who the bloody hell gave you the title, the honor, the power to usurp yourselves over us, Nik?!!"

"Oh please. Kol, you were drawing attention to yourself and the twins, I was protecting you!!"

"Really? Protecting me? You, who called me a monster when I no longer amused you. Elijah," Kol cast his eyes on Elijah, his brother holding his gaze steadily as he glared. "Who considered me unredeemable. Yes I have killed, and yes, I took pleasure in it. You mean to tell me neither has Niklaus? Or Rebekah? Even Fane? Or even you, Elijah, who hides your darkness behind this mask of civility and eloquence? You're every bit the monster I am." Kol scoffed, backing away with a shake of his head as Elijah took a step forward.

"You never even thought to ask me why I slaughtered the way I did. Never even thought to ask me what was wrong. Nik, you feel betrayed? Imagine how I felt, when my older brothers condemned me to spend my years in a box, away from the woman I loved, after I lost a child!!"

One could have heard a pin drop. Kol's chest was heaving as though he ran a marathon, brown orbs almost black with rage, but Elijah recognized the deep despair that was hidden just behind. He recognized it, as it was identical to his own. "Brother..." Elijah breathed, Klaus standing speechless as he stared, and Kol only shook his head.

"Save it. Niklaus can do no wrong, but damn the rest of us if we ever make a mistake."

"Kol..." Andy whispered, moving forward slowly with her hand out. Kol let her take his hand in hers, and she lightly tugged on it so he may have a seat besides her as Elijah let out a heavy sigh. "Niklaus...can you not take a small part of the blame?" The Original breathed, focusing his brown orbs on the Hybrid as he moved the conversation back to Rebekah. "Your cruelty led her to doing what she did."

"Elijah, can you not understand that she did not mean to chase me off. She wanted me dead!"

"You're wrong." Elijah shook his head, and Klaus moved forward with a scowl. "She has always hated me. You know that's true." Kol erupted into laughter from where he sat besides Andromeda, clutching his stomach in hysterics as the elemental rolled her eyes heavenward with a groan, and Elijah stared at his brother in complete disbelief. "The fucking nerve." Kol breathed out, wincing as Andy slapped him upsides the head.

"You have no idea, do you?" Elijah questioned, and Klaus stared at him. "You have no idea what she was prepared to do for you. When our sister sees something that she considers an injustice, she can be stubborn, impetuous, and at times downright dangerous. And never was this more apparent than the night she tried to kill our father."

"What is this? Some melodramatic fiction designed to garner my sympathy?"

"It's not fiction, Nik." Kol breathed, gaining his brothers' attention as he stared at his hands in thought. "I was awake that night. I was debating whether or not to stop her with magic, or even help her, but Elijah stepped in."

"And she would have done it, all to protect you, had I not stopped her." Elijah finished, running a palm over his face as he inhaled sharply. "I often wished that I could revisit that moment. Complete the task myself."

"Mo chridhe..." Andy breathed, but her Original just looked to her with a small smile in an assurance that he was alright.

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"Niklaus, sometimes our sister acts without thinking. She's short of temper. She's quick to fall in love, but she loves you." Klaus turned away from Elijah as he spoke, a tear streaking down his cheek, and Andromeda wanted so desperately to hug him but thought the hybrid would not welcome it. "But your malicious treatment has broken her heart. So, yes, she responded by summoning our father. And yes, that was a mistake. I'm not entirely sure that I can blame her." At that, Klaus faced him again, his expression empty as he gazed at his brother coldly.

"I can."

"Nik." Andy finally spoke up, dusting her pants off with a grunt as she stood. "Rebekah made a mistake, on that, we can all agree. But there is no one in our family who adores you more. If she really hated you, and meant to see you destroyed, why would she help the twins and I stop Mikael from killing you in Mystic Falls? Or did you forget?" At her question, Klaus was silent and the elemental let out a sigh.

"No one is asking you to forgive her right now. You are hurt, rightfully so, and it will take time. But think about all that your brothers' have shared with you. You're not completely perfect either, none of us are, and we are not asking you to be. We love you anyways."

Klaus could only stare at her, another tear streaking down his cheek that he was quick to wipe away with a sniff, and Andy smiled at him sadly. "Now, can we please sit in silence until moonrise?" Kol questioned rhetorically, and the hybrid let out a heavy sigh as he turned to look at him.

"I suppose out of everyone, I owe you the most apology."

Kol only stared at him blankly as his brother moved to stand in front of him, blue and brown orbs locking as the hybrid spoke. "I love my family. I love all of you. I know I can be difficult, but I was not always this way. It was Mikael that ruined me."

"He ruined all of us." Kol corrected, and Klaus nodded. "I should have been a better brother. I should have been there for you when you needed a family, rather than try to control you. You were never one to be tamed, and the idea of our father hurting you terrified me, though it is not an excuse."

"We both are to blame." Elijah breathed, moving to stand besides Klaus. "I can admit that I always worried about the redemption of Niklaus, but that does not excuse my neglect of my youngest brother. We have all killed. We have all maimed. And not all of it was in the name of our family, as much as I preach otherwise."

"Noooo... really?" Kol drawled sarcastically, and Elijah shot him a look but continued.

"I of all people know what losing a child feels like... the stain it leaves behind. You were there when Andromeda and I lost ours; you are here to assist Niklaus with protecting his. But we weren't there for you, and for that you have our sincerest apologies."

Kol only stared at his brothers, a blank expression on his face as Andromeda elbowed his side softly. "There's no use speaking of forgiveness for something that is already in the past." He breathed out finally. "And we've had enough emotional confessions to last us until the next century, so try not to get all sappy on me now." Elijah rolled his eyes as Klaus snorted, reaching out to clasp his brother's hand before tugging him into a firm hug.

"I always knew you had some deep feelings for me, Nik."

"Oh shut up, Kol."

"Ouch. Is this how you deliver an apology?"

"Kol, please." Elijah breathed in exasperation, but a fond smile tugged at his lips as he pulled Kol into another embrace. Andromeda clapped her hands with a cheer, a warm grin spread across her face as she quickly pulled out her phone. "Pictures as evidence or it never happened. This is getting framed, squeeze in all of you!" She ordered, Klaus rolling his eyes and Kol moved to get away, but Elijah grasped both their shoulders before tugging them into his sides with a smug look.

"Oh, brotherly love! So beautiful!" Andy pretended to wipe a tear after taking the picture, quickly sending it to the twins before Kol or Nik could move to delete it.

"Only for you, sister. Only for you." Klaus breathed, pressing a kiss to her hair before Elijah tugged her into his arms. "We still have a few more hours until moonrise. Might as well get comfortable." Her Original remarked, and Andy let out a hum as she read a text from Febe. "Gives the twins enough time to get what we need for a spell for Davina and Fane." She muttered, gaining the Originals' attention as Kol frowned.

"A spell? What spell?"

"Η Κόκκινη Χορδή της Μοίρας." Andromeda stated, and Elijah raised a brow. "The red string of fate. What sort of spell is that?" He questioned, and Kol shook his head in confusion. "It's an old spell, one meant to tie two people together for life. It was once used for those who never found their Fated other, they chose the person they wished to be tied to, and the spell allows them to share some qualities of each other as well." Kol explained. "But Fane and Davina are Fated, they're tied to each other already. What need do they have for the Red String?"

"The spell would do more than just tie them to each other, it would be adopting Davina into our bloodline. She would have access to our Ancestors, and sever the link between her and the New Orlean's witches."

"That's true, but it wouldn't just adopt her into the bloodline. She would share your bloodline through Fane...is he sure about this? And Davina agreed?" Kol questioned seriously, and Andromeda shrugged. "I don't think he explained to her what it means for them exactly, but his intentions are clear. She would still have access to magic, a stronger magic, and she would also share his ability to heal. Fane already can't live without her, so for him, this is the only option."

"And it seems like the best one." Elijah breathed, pursing his lips in thought and Andy leaned against his side as she nodded.

"The Ancestors won't be able to touch her. She would be fully protected by ours. For a witch and a vampire, this really is a best case scenario."

"It's been a long time since I've seen this sort of spell cast, and never with a vampire. It may do more than share his ability to heal with her." Kol warned, scratching the back of his head in thought. "I suppose we'll just see."

•••

"Fane!"

Davina called out to him in surprise, finally noticing the vampire as he watched her from the doorway. "What are you doing?" She questioned, and Fane chuckled as he moved to have a seat on a nearby chair. "Nothing. I'm sorry, it's just good to see you alive again." He breathed, and Davina flushed a soft strawberry hue as she ducked her head to hid her smile behind her hair. "The Ancestors...they shunned me. They told me I would be punished if I go against the witches again, and that I was to stay away from vampires. Away from you." The witch whispered, and Fane let out a hum as he leaned forward.

"And is that what you want? To return to the witches?"

"...No. I don't want that."

"Davina...I have to admit that I haven't been completely honest with you." Fane sighed, his little witch lifting her head in confusion. "What are you talking about?" She blinked as Fane rubbed the back of his neck. "The spell...it's called 'Κόκκινη Χορδή της Μοίρας'. Red String of Fate. It doesn't exactly tie you to my family's bloodline, more specifically, it ties you to me."

"I don't understand..."

"It will sever your connection to the Ancestors, and tie you to mine, I didn't lie about that. You'll have access to a older, greater magic. But rather than adopt you into the family, you would...become apart of me." Fane paused, reaching out to grasp Davina's smaller hands in his, as melted chocolate gazed at her imploringly. "We are Fated. Destiny has brought us together. But this spell will make it so we can never be apart again. You will share my ability to heal, and probably gain other qualities, I'm still not sure...but Davina, your magic is still your own. I cannot control or demand anything from you, the choice is completely yours." The vampire breathed in deeply as he finished, and Davina stared at their joined hands in deep thought.

"I won't ask you to be loyal to only me. You are sixteen and have yet to live, whilst I've experienced over a hundred lifetimes. But this is the only way to guarantee your safe--"

"Is that all?" Davina's voice was soft, cutting Fane off effectively and she continued. "I have never...felt love before. I don't know what it's like to be in love. I've only ever read about it in stories...but," She suddenly squeezed his hands in hers, before looking up at him with a gentle smile and tearful honey eyes.

"But I have never felt as strongly as I do now for anyone. Only for you. You said that we're Fated, and I believe you. If doing this spell will tie me to you for the rest of my life, then I'll do it."

"Are you sure--"

"Positive. I don't want to be scared anymore. And you make me feel stronger already. I want this." Davina breathed out, and a gleeful smile split Fane's face as he tugged her into his lap for a hug. His little witch embraced him back just as tight, and Fane laughed. "You never cease to amaze me, Davina Claire." He whispered in her hair, and Davina leaned away from the embrace to look up at him. Their eyes locked, and Fane smiled gently as a light flush dusted her cheeks, before he lowered his chin to lightly brush his lips with hers.

"Brother."

Fane broke away before he could deepen the kiss, turning to see Febe as she stood in the doorway. "We've got company." She stated seriously, and Fane quickly lifted Davina as he stood before setting her on the bed.

"Stay here."

Fane followed his twin as she led him to the courtyard of the Abbattoir. His expression immediately shuttered, a glare fixing on the redheaded witch that stood there. "What the hell are you doing here, Genevieve?" Genevieve spun to face them, a sly smile tugging at her lips at their approach. "Well, seeing that Celeste and Bastiana have met an untimely end, the witches are lacking some direction. Our coven has a new leader now. Me." She announced, the twins stopping a few feet away from her as Febe crossed her arms.

"What is it that you want?"

"Not 'what', but 'who'. Davina Claire." Genevieve got straight to the point, and Fane growled deep in his throat as Febe placed a restraining hand on his arm. "Hasn't your coven done enough to that girl?" Febe murmured darkly, and the witch shook her head.

"You must know her suffering in death was at the fault of Marcel. She was shunned by the Ancestors because of her alliance with vampires, but all that's over." Fane locked his jaw as Genevieve smiled falsely.

"Now we can welcome her home."

"You don't seriously expect us to believe--"

"She will be revered by her people. And I will teach her how to control her power, give her a home where she's safe, and not surrounded by vampires." She finished, blue eyes locking on Fane. "You two are Fated. Bound together by destiny and what not, so I understand why this is hard for you. But witches and vampires cannot coexist peacefully as has been proven, much less have romantic relations--"

"You shut your mouth, witch--"

"Brother." Febe spoke up, and Fane's mouth clamped shut as he gritted his teeth, his twin settling her own blue orbs on the witch. "We have been alive for a very long time. We come from a very old family, before your little side of the river was even discovered. Those that are Fated are brought together by the Fates and blessed by Nature. You and your Ancestors have no power over such old magic; you have no command over it."

"You won't be getting the girl." Fane finished in a firm tone. "She made mistakes, but your coven failed her long before that."

"Hm...what if I lift Celeste's boundary spell?" Genevieve propositioned, and the twins shared a long look as she spoke. "I can free your sister and the Mikaelson's. Assist Elijah and Kol from escaping Klaus--"

"You witches must be truly desperate." Febe breathed out with a slight laugh, and Genevieve glared.

"Celeste's plans for revenge were foiled. Marcel and Rebekah are long gone from New Orleans, and I'm sure our sister and the Original's don't mind waiting around for the spell to break by moonrise."

"You have nothing to bargain with. You may as well leave, unless..." Fane stepped forward, stopping a few short feet away from Genevieve as he towered over her, and he smirked as he heard her thundering heart.

"...you wish for me to take off your head and return you to your beloved Ancestors."

"You'll regret this." The witch spat, and the twins scoffed in unison. "For all you witches knowledge of our family, you underestimated the lengths we would go to for each other." Febe sneered, cerulean orbs flashing crimson for a moment. "Leave. We won't say it again." The twins watched her go, Genevieve storming out of the compound and Fane waited 'til she was gone to speak.

"We have to cast the spell tonight. The sooner Davina's connection with that coven is severed, the better."

The vampire turned to go, but Febe stopped him. "Even after the spell, the witches won't stop coming for her. They'll try to find another way to have her magic."

"Let them try. But I'll sooner bet on our Ancestors than theirs." Fane smirked at his twin from over his shoulder. "Just imagine, Mother and Calanthe would tear them apart." He sassed, and Febe rolled her eyes with a snort. "Those two would have been more excited for you to find your Fated than anyone else. Their precious boy." His twin reached up to pinch his cheek, and he swatted her away with a huff as she laughed.

"Not long now."

•••

"HONEY, I'M HOME!!!!"

"ANDY! 'LIJAH!" Regulus screamed, running down the steps with a loud yell and Elijah sped to catch him. The Original tossed the child in the air with a laugh before hugging his small frame tightly, Reggie resting his head on his shoulder as Andy stepped forward to run her fingers through his hair. "O rìgh bheag, did you miss us?" She breathed, pressing a firm kiss to his cheek as he nodded. "Mhm. Febe visited school to get all the homework I missed, I've been practicing my fractions."

"Really? I'll be sure to have a look at it later." Elijah breathed, turning to see the twins come downstairs as Febe ran to Kol with a dramatic sigh.

"Darling, having to spend all day with your brothers. How awful!"

"Truly, it was. Nik and 'Lijah wanted to talk about their feelings." Kol faked a shudder, and the elementals laughed as he pressed a kiss to Febe's cheek. "Where's Hayley?" Andromeda questioned, and Fane shrugged. "Still slumming it in the bayou with her kind. But since we're all here, can we get on with my marriage ceremony, please?" The vampire questioned sarcastically, the others laughing loudly as Andy turned to Regulus in Elijah's arms.

"You've already eaten and bathed?"

"Yes, mama."

"Alright, then I suppose you can watch. Let's go."

"Yes!" Reggie cheered, Elijah chuckling as he hoisted the boy onto his hip before following after their family. Febe led the group to the basement, Davina quickly standing up from where she sat in a chair at their approach. "Andy!" She breathed, and the elemental hugged the young girl tightly. "You look gorgeous." Davina was dressed in a mid-length white shift dress, her shoulders exposed to the chill air as she shivered lightly, her feet also bare.

"Help me draw the circle."

Andromeda moved to help her sister, the two elementals using chalk to draw a large circle filled with many smaller ancient sigils. With a wave of her hand, Febe lit the nearby torches, and Andy's eyes glowed a brilliant sapphire as she summoned a small ball of water that was suspended in mid-air. "Fane, Davina, enter the circle." Febe instructed, directing the two to stand opposite each other from the ball of water, before Andy and Febe positioned themselves on the other sides.

"Are you ready?" Febe questioned, and Andy inhaled deeply as she nodded. Both sisters shut their eyes, gathering their magic, before their eyes opened to show a brilliant white and Regulus gasped in awe from his place in Elijah's arms.

Both elementals began to chant in ancient Greek, softly at first, before growing louder as they began to move clockwise around the witch and vampire. Both sisters brandished a small knife simultaneously, Andy moving to draw a small cut across Fane's palms, and Davina whimpered as Febe cut hers. The sisters guided the two closer to join hands, their blood intermingling, and Febe bent to lift up a red string. She passed the string to her sister, both moving to tie Fane and Davina together, and the young witch gasped as she felt a burning sensation from where their palms were joined.

It didn't hurt, no, not by far. But Davina could feel her magic rushing to the surface, and could feel the thrumming of magic that entered her from Fane's blood.

It was electric, and lit a spark inside her like wild fire. She could tell it was old, and Davina felt a wide smile split across her face as she locked eyes with Fane. The vampire was already watching her, chocolate orbs seeming to glow from the nearby fire, and Davina's heart pounded in her chest. Faster, faster. With every beat of her heart, Davina could feel Fane's rising to match hers. The red string thickening the bond the two already shared. "Repeat after us." Andy and Febe spoke in unison, gaining their attention.

"Η κόκκινη χορδή μεγαλώνει σαν ανθισμένο κλήμα, δένει τις καρδιές τους με τη δική μου..."

"Η κόκκινη χορδή μεγαλώνει σαν ανθισμένο κλήμα, δένει τις καρδιές τους με τη δική μου..." Fane and Davina repeated the words slowly, and the elementals continued. "Είθε το αίμα μας να κυλήσει ανάμεσά μας σαν ευλογημένα νερά και φρόντισε η αγάπη μας να μην χαλάσει ποτέ."

"Είθε το αίμα μας να κυλήσει ανάμεσά μας σαν ευλογημένα νερά και φρόντισε η αγάπη μας να μην χαλάσει ποτέ."

Fane and Davina gasped as they saw the red string joining their hands glow brightly, it's brilliance competing with the fire light before seemingly disappearing as it sank into their skins. "It is done." The sisters whispered, and Fane didn't hesitate to cup Davina's cheeks to smash their lips together. Davina gasped as he kissed her passionately, feeling every nerve in her skin spark aflame at his touch. She could feel everything, she could smell his scent as it completely surrounded her, and she could hear his heartbeat as it's tempo matched hers.

"This is..."

"Amazing." Fane finished, breaking the kiss to rest his forehead against hers as he breathed her in with a loving smile. "Utterly amazing." He whispered, and Davina could only stare into his eyes in awe.

Andromeda and Febe waved their hands, dispelling the fire from the torches, and Elijah moved to catch Andy as she staggered for a moment. "I'm alright. Just tired." She breathed with a worn smile, and her Original chuckled as he pressed a kiss to her brow. "You should rest. I believe we should leave the new love birds alone as well." Neither Fane or Davina had yet to separate from each other, and Andy made a noise in agreement. "Davina, be a dear and make sure to cast a silencing spell before bed." Kol requested, moving to gather Febe in his arms and Fane waved them off without looking.

"Yes, yes, yes. All of you, go. I need time to enjoy my wife." Davina flushed deeply at his words, and Fane kissed her again as Elijah shielded Regulus' eyes with a sigh.

"We'll see you both at breakfast."

"Not likely." Fane called back, and Andy snickered as Klaus snorted in amusement, Kol and Febe cackling loudly.

•••

Hey Y'all! Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a blessed New Year!

This past year has been a rough one for me. I was unemployed, broke, depressed, heartbroken, and overall just struggling. But there was also positives. I traveled. I met new people, grew closer to some that I now treasure. I lost some people, said goodbye to some others.

This year was a hurricane for me, but I hope with this new upcoming year that the storm is tempered.

The spell for this chapter is something I made up. Translating it from the Greek in the story, that I nine times out of ten butchered because I used google translate, it means;

"The red string grows like a flowering vine,
Tying their hearts to mine.
May our blood flow between us like blessed waters,
And make sure our love never spoils."

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed! Vote and comment what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 5.3K 25
𝑶𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 ~ (𝒂𝒅𝒋.) 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈; 𝒃𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 "𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬...
43.7K 1.9K 36
"I am not the kind of princess that needs saving. I'm probably not a princess at all. You can be the gallant prince all you want, that's fine. But, g...
220K 7.7K 48
Sneakpeek- "Hello, love. I believe we have much to talk about." I met the eyes of a certain blonde hybrid. I narrowed my eyes at him accusingly. I ha...
7.1K 621 19
𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐁 | ❝If I told you about the darkness inside of me would you still look at me as if I was the sun?❞ Hazel Gilbert...