Rival Roulette

By LetThereBeScars

"I always thought that the first time I'd be on my knees I'd be praying..." I held my breath lowering myself... More

★𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗢★
★𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧 + 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗧★
☔︎︎Chapter one: I spy☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter two: Espionage☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter three: Out with the old☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter four: Welcome to marx house☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter five: you're not one of us☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter six: Hello, You☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter seven: you are not a God☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Eight: Let the games begin☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter nine: That damned locket☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Ten: What doesn't kill you☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter eleven: I Am Niklaus☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Thirteen: The Whisperers☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Fourteen: Pins And Needles☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter fifteen: let there be scars☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter sixteen: Road Trippin ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter seventeen: Stained glass eyes and a wishing well☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter eighteen: I am made of memories☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter nineteen: Red (Niklaus's version)☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Twenty: Mind Palace☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Twenty-One: Everything Has Changed ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Twenty-Two: First everythings and goodbyes ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter twenty three: Vodka confessions☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter Twenty Four: Ruining You ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 24.5: Remember me☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 25: Forgetting You ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 26: Winter Break☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 27: The secret Diary☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 28: Twenty-One ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 29: Forbidden kisses and near misses☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 30: Out of the woods☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 31: Normal People ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 32: Healing ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 33: Champagne memoirs☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 34: On your darkest night ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 35: On Your Darkest Night 2☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 36: Open Wounds ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 37: Ghost Girl ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 38: To Gain A Lover, To Lose A Friend☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 39: My Tears Ricochet ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 40: Kareena ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 41: Mother Dearest☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 42: Eight Letters ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 43: Blue Diamond ☔︎︎
☔︎︎Chapter 44: Mission accomplished ☔︎︎
☔︎ Chapter 45: Traitor ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 46: Hostage ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 47: By you, I am forever undone ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 48: By you I am forever undone 2 ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 49: The Prague Spring ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 50: To Kill A Mockingbird ☔︎
☔︎ Chapter 50.5: To Kill A Mockingbird P2 ☔︎
☔︎ Epilogue ☔︎
☔︎A Thank You ☔︎

☔︎︎Chapter Twelve: Patterns☔︎︎

12.1K 404 208
By LetThereBeScars

Niklaus and I backed away from each other as he handed the knife back to me as I sighed in deep relief that he didn't see my family crest engraved on it. I was being sloppy with my tactics, he was distracting me and I wouldn't let him get away with it anymore. I stepped forward pushing him away as his eyes glanced up and down my body.

"Stay out of my way, Vlàcov alright?" I warned as he narrowed his eyes at me in question at my boldness,

"Is that supposed to be a threat, alright then I'll play along." He mused sarcastically, "Or what darling devil?"

"I'll aim the knife lower and I won't miss," I smirk and he falters for a moment as I make my way back to my room to fetch Blythe.

"Did you get it?" she asks in anticipation,

"Of course." I beam, "now let's go before Patricia or Mr Elvis awakens."

Suddenly the others flood into the room as I hold the key in the air and turn around, "your little games seem a little mediocre so far don't you think?"

"Oh darling, bless your heart." Martina sighs sympathetically placing a hand on my shoulder, "because this is only the beginning."

"I can't believe you actually did it." Rune scoffs with a slight laugh, "I mean we have a bunch of spare keys to the attic but we just wanted to see if you were Marx House material."

These assholes.

"Wait a damn minute." I pause lifting a finger, "you guys had the keys the whole time and you never said anything?"

"Sorry girl, we just wanted to call your bluff." Sade apologizes, "but it didn't work and that's a good thing."

"She barely made it, don't praise her just yet she hasn't earned it." Nik interjects making his way out the door, "tiny pretty things like her have to learn to work for it, now let's go."

I noticed the way they always seemed to listen to Niklaus no matter what, yes they laughed with him and were friendly most of the time but when it came down to it they knew their place before him. I wondered why that was, I wondered what kind of power he had over them.

Because it was obvious that it was difficult for them to defy him. Yes, they were individuals and knew when to speak up but it was almost as if they venerated him. The respect they had for each other in comparison to the respect they had for him was different. I made it my mission to find out what on earth he had over their heads, and why they were wary of him all the time.

I ignored his comment and we all made our way up into the attic, we tried our best not to make any noise. The attic was dark, purposefully so, I had to try my best not to knock over anything as Rune lifted open the window.

"Did you place the ladder?" Martina asks Sade,

"Of course unless you guys somehow learned to fly?" Sade responds with a cocky smile and Martina rolls her eyes.

"Alright, guys come on!" Rune encouraged as he crawled out the window, down the rusty metal ladder landing safely on the dewy wet grass.

Once we'd all made our way outside we began our walk through the clearing in the woods to the library. It took a lot of effort to dodge the guards that were placed at every corner but these guys seemed oddly experienced doing this, they had the kind of stealth I'd only seen from black cats and woodland foxes.

Once The library was in sight we paused and hid behind an evergreen oak tree, the tall building was archaic and made of stone, hungry Ivy vines crawled up the walls and windows encapsulating it in their protective embrace. Just as I was about to make my way towards the library I felt a tug on my arm pulling me back, it was Blythe.

"Are you crazy? You can't just waltz in there the guards will see you!" She whisper-shouted at me,

"Then how the fuck are we going to make it inside?" I asked and she smiled Turing to Martina,

"Are you ready to do your thing, Tina?" She asked as Martina fluffed up her hair and peeled back the shoulders of her jacket to reveal a little more skin.

"Of course." She smirked, analyzing the guard standing by the entrance, "I don't see a ring on his finger, this will be easier than I anticipated."

"What are you going to do?" I ask slightly confused,

"Seduction is a woman's secret superpower love." She winked before Walker directly up to the man.

He glanced at her in confusion at first but then she looked up at him with siren eyes, the kind that made her appear as if she were as innocent as the doves that peaked at my window in the early mornings. She glanced back at us and gestured for us to make a move and use the back door, we gave her a thumbs up and snuck behind the library.

"God bless women." Rune mumbles and Nik laughs shoving his shoulder playfully.

"Will you ever just tell her how you feel like a normal person instead of pining over her for years?" Blythe suggests huffing with exhaustion as we arrive at the back entrance.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Rune responds defensively straightening his tie, "I live for the chase."

"Don't you think that you'll get tired of running someday?" I reckon as Rune glances up at the midnight sky, a melancholic grin on his face.

"Not if I'm going after something finer than gold itself." He expresses, "you'll understand when you're older kid."

"I'm seventeen." I express, "I've been told I'm wise beyond my years all my life, so if there was something to comprehend, chances are I would've been light years ahead of you."

"You are aware that there is great knowledge of things outside the pages of textbooks right?" Rune banters,

"I am I just-" I begin but I'm cut short,

"You are not," Niklaus interjects spitefully,

"Do not tell me what I know-" I defend folding my arms irritably but he just rolls his eyes and leans against the wall as the wind blows strands of his dark hair into his face.

"I cannot tell you what you know if you in fact know absolutely nothing." He prattled with a sarcastic gleam in his silver-blue eyes that seemed to almost glisten in the light of the full moon.

They Almost glistened.

Sade proceeded to push the door open as it creaked slightly and she shut her eyes in anticipation as we all made our way inside, the crisp scent of cherry wood and old books engulfs my senses as I am taken by surprise just how big the library really is. The books tower high on shelves that almost seem to disappear into the ceiling, they are spiral staircases and never ending pathways that seem to lead to nowhere. I take a deep breath and swallow hard wondering where on earth I'm supposed to even start.

"Scared Petrov?" Nik teases as I can feel his feather-light breath on my neck as he leans down to whisper to me.

"Never Vlàcov," I respond with a smirk. "This is barely a challenge."

"Oh yeah?" I sigh, Turing to face them all, "remind me of my mission again?"

"You have to bring back a copy of the communist manifesto by Karl Marx written in 1847 published on February 21, 1848, in its original German translation." Blythe repeated, "you cannot back out now, you cannot cheat by asking for assistance from anyone and lastly you cannot under any circumstances get caught."

"That last one is very unlikely." I muse with a childish grin,
"Where exactly is the forbidden section of the library?"

"Come on Nik and I will show you!" Blythe volunteers,

"Uh I do not recall volunteering as tribute-" Nik scoffs and Rune laughs at him, mirth collecting in the corner of his eyes.

"Oh come on Klaus don't be such a baby." Blythe scolds,

"Unless you really are scared Vlàcov?" I taunt and he narrows his eyes at me,

"Fine." He agrees and Sade remains on the lookout with Rune at the entrance.

{___________________☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎________________}

A/N:

MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES for the late update, sometimes I just get in this place where I can't write to save my life but uh I'm back now and I know y'all missed me ;)

I can't believe tomorrow is a new year?? The first day of 2022 (I'm GRADUATING next year)
This will be the last Christmas I spend in Zambia because this time next year I'll be at a whole new school somewhere else in the world?? That's a scary thought that technically I'll be a LEGAL adult in a year.

I wish that I could freeze the time at sixteen, so I could remain infinite and youthful and believe in trivial things forever. But it's time to grow up I think...there's more out there right? Yeah.

Question: What's your New Years resolution

Mine: to move far away & be at peace

See you next chapter!

- Scarlet <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...
187K 4.3K 60
"Are you wet enough?" He questions with hooded eyes. I nod curtly. "Only the sound of your voice and my pussy jumps in excitement." "Good. Turn aroun...
5.8K 253 21
Sofia Petrov was used to a life of danger. Growing up as a part of the Bratva in Moscow had made sure of that. Though, nothing in the world could hav...
14.4K 438 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...