FIGHTER (Joel Hokka)

By softmedici

Isabel Maese, contestant of "La Voz España" and winner of "Destino Eurovision" (the selection process for the... More

CAST
1. "DESTINO EUROVISION" ENG
2. THE CHOSEN SONG IS ...
3. WHO IS ISABEL

4. MY FUTURE WIFE

172 4 1
By softmedici

March 1, 2021. UMK Studios, Helsinki.

"Joel you are an idiot! You could have waited for me man, I was just at the fucking door" Joonas complains and I just roll my eyes at his nagging. "I have precious little time to waste cotton candy man"

I shrug my shoulders and lie down tired on the couch. Minutes later the director of the program enters and explains what we are going to do: react to different Eurovision songs, some old and other new.

They divide us into two groups: one is Tommy, Niko and Aleksi and the other is Olli, Joonas and me.

After listening to several songs the only ones that catch my attention are "SHUM" from Ukraine and "Discoteque" from Lithuania. The others, despite being good songs with an excellent production, are typical songs that are played on the radio. However, the vast majority of video clips were nice.

I hear the melodic sound of a violin and someone playing a piano. I'm surprised when I hear a female voice with a lot of power. "Wow," says Olli, surprised and nodding displaying that he likes the song. I just listen attentively to the song, enjoying it.

"Joel are drooling hahaha" Joonas points to me laughing and I show him my middle finger. I ignore the bass player in our band and I focus on the song and the mystery girl.

"Did you like the song?" one of the employees behind the camera asks us and we nod. "She is Isabel Maese, who will represent Spain this year and it is the first time in sixty years, since the contest began, that they send a rock song." "Joel just has run out of words," says Joonas mocking me, I get a little nervous and try to control my anxiety. I put a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"It's great to be sent to rare artists" I say. "Looking forward to meeting her" says Joonas "especially Joel, love is in the air dude" he moves his eyebrows playfully.

"Sure dude, she'll be my future wife and we will write songs together until we get old." I say ironically and the guys laught.

@joonasbc has updated his story

@joelhokka the last interview of the day with @ollimatela

@joonasbc i was there too bro
@joelhokka do i know u?

you started following @isabelmaese

03:47. That was the time on my digital clock that sat on my bedside table, next to a bottle of water and my insomnia pills. I've been tossing and turning in bed for what seems to me to be hours, I can't sleep because I keep thinking about Eurovision and how we can improve our performance, although surely the three redbulls I've had drinking during the day are also to blame.

Because I can't sleep I decide to watch something on the laptop, plug in the headphones and go to Youtube. After today's interview I've been thinking about that spanish girl, she has a good voice and attitude. So I decide to watch some video of her, but I realize that they are all in spanish and I don't understand shit.

I click on a video of the official channel of the Voice in which she appears on the cover and what is my luck since there are English subtitles. The title is called "The insecure subway singer who almost won the Voice". Interesting title, so she became famous through a contest which she almost won.

"Hello, my name is Isabel Maese and I am 19 years old. Since I was a little girl I have been curious about music but it wasn't until the beginning of high school when I was confident enough to try to learn about it. Even though I have lived all my life surrounded by music, my environment didn't see well that I was spending my time and didn't support my dream of making a living from music. So I had to work hard to be able to get the money to buy my electric guitar and after that I learned everything I know today in a self-taught way."

She looked a little different from today, a little younger and more innocent. I don't understand Spanish but she speaks in a very soft and delicate way, like a little sparrow, which surprises me because listening to her singing this morning she seemed like a different woman.

The next thing that appears in the video is her coming on stage with a black electric guitar in her hand and the four coaches with their backs to her. She shyly steps on stage, approaches the microphone and starts playing. I don't recognize the song in the first few seconds until she starts singing and I realize: it's "say so" by doja cat, an artist who is doing it great. I'm quite amazed by how well done the cover is.

Three of the four coaches turn around and she tries to hold back the tears of happiness. One of them says to her, "I'm amazed that even as small as you are and you have such a spectacular voice. How long have you been singing dear?"

"Since about 3 years ago" "Three years?! That's pure talent, why so little?" The coach asks "I never had any support with my passion for music, until a few years ago when I decided I didn't need any support and that I could do it on my own". The audience applauded and I smiled.

"Do you study music or sing anywhere?" "No" "Do you at least play anywhere" "Yes, on the subway Tuesday through Thursday mornings." Everyone laughs at the girl's humility.

"Isabel, you are the voice" says one of the coaches.

04:49. I'm still watching this girl's video. I have seen all the rehearsals and battles she has had to do to get to the next phase of the program and now I am watching the final. She just sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" and I'm more and more amazed every time.

All the finalists, one from each coach, are holding hands waiting for the winner to be named. When they do, they all hug them and, even though I knew she wasn't going to win, I don't understand it.

Now I'm on her Spotify and I find some covers and what I think are his own songs.

I put the music on shuffle, lay back on the bed closing my eyes and enjoying her art.

I listen to some of his original songs, some of them are in Italian like: Zitti e bueoni, Coraline or In nombre del padre and others in English like For your love. Among his covers are Beggins by Madcon, Demons by Imagine Dragons and Oh my god! I am surprised when I hear the first chords of Shameless, a song that I also covered years ago. She is really talented.

whatsapp
Niko

Dude, you have to listen to her
https://youtu.be/DXEj_IZmUKU
05:18

you are probably sleeping, vittu
05:19

05:24 Now I'm looking at her instagram, just out of curiosity. There are some parties, another with friends, landscapes, animals until I come across a photo from 2019, when she was participating in the voice.

@isabelmaese lista para un ensayo mañanero con la profe @laurapausini. ¡Recordar que este viernes a las 22:00 hay programa de la Voz!!

Traslation 》ready for a morning rehearsal with the teacher @laurapausini. Remember that this Friday at 22:00 there is a New program of the Voice!!

Without wanting to, I like the photo and start to panic. "Vittu!" I scream.

I quickly remove the like and I hope she have not received the notification. What would she think of me? Will she think I'm stalking her? What If she says something about this in an interview?

Ahh Joel, stop thinking and go to sleep now, it's almost 6 am!! I turn off the laptop and go back to bed, trying to sleep.

@isabelmaese has started following you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
413K 19.7K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
153K 16.9K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
141K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...