Dice [h.s.]

By tpwk_pleaseeee

"She was an angel craving chaos. He was a demon seeking peace." -Helen - Their love wasn't supposed to happe... More

warning/intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
Prologue I

57

1K 29 15
By tpwk_pleaseeee

"Everything I've ever let go of has claw marks on it." -David Foster Wallace

-

Kennedy's POV

-

"School?" Natalie questioned while rushing after me. I pushed the front door open, leaving Louis and Niall in my trail.

"An old professor I had was good friends with my dad." I ran down the stairs while removing my sweatshirt to show my leather jacket and dress from the day prior.

"What does an old professor have to do with any of this? Why are we going back to school?" Natalie asked frantically.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around once we hit the fresh morning air of Nevada. Natalie bumped into me and quickly gained her balance. I placed my hands on my hips and glanced towards her car.

"I'm done, Natalie. Leonardo has declared war on us, and I'm going to give him a fight. So where the fuck do you keep your guns." I stomped towards her car and walked around to her trunk.

"You're talking crazy Kennedy." Natalie rushed after me, clutching her keys hard in her hand.

"Oh come on Natalie, let's not pretend you don't carry guns and knives in your car. And my gun is empty." I pulled out the gun still sitting in my pocket and placed it on the trunk of her car.

"Kennedy! Put it away!" Natalie quickly took the weapon and hid it under her arm as if it was actually shielding it.

I reached over and grabbed the keys from her hand. She tried to get it back but I held it high in the air. I pressed the trunk button and watched as it slowly lifted. And to much of no one's surprise, a duffle bag was sitting in the center of the trunk.

"You're talking crazy Kennedy." I mimicked while tossing her the keys and opening the duffle bag.

In it were a few different types of guns, all labeled with a dice on the bottom. I took the first one I saw and stuffed it in my jacket. I threw the sweatshirt in the trunk and slammed it shut.

"I'm driving." I took the keys from her hands again and walked to the driver's side door.

"What happened to you in New York?" Natalie questioned while slowly walking to the other side of the car.

I didn't look at her, I couldn't. I knew what I'd see. Disappointment. She didn't like this side of me. The side that my father created. The hunter, the predator, the murderer. But she shouldn't be disappointed, because I'm not. This side of me is the only way we're going to take down the Suckers.

We both climbed into the car, some less willingly than others. As soon as both our doors were closed and seat belts were on, I slammed on the pedal. I watched Natalie hold onto her dash board as we went zero to fifty in seconds.

That's why I love her car.

"Kennedy slow down!" Natalie nudged me shoulder as I slammed harder on the pedal.

"Sorry Nat, I can't. I have to get this done before I'm wanted for a Suckers murder." I blinked, remembering Robert.

I don't think he ever made it back to Las Vegas

"What?" Natalie's voice softened.

I ignored her sudden sad tone and turned eagerly down a long road. It was a direct road to my old college, to where I had to meet my friend. Thomas Jack. Or professor Thomas.

Thomas was a professor who knew my dad personally. He'd always ask me how he is, how his night was, how he's holding up. On the plane back here, I realized that Thomas wasn't just looking out for my fathers well being. Especially since he had a huge, lollipop tattoo on his shoulder.

He's a part of the Suckers.

The college entrance was in sight, which excited me to push harder against the gas pedal. I could hear Natalie practically hyperventilating as she nearly had a shit fit at the speed.

The gates were luckily open as I slowed down and turned into the first building on the campus. It was the teachers building where all of their offices were.

"You got a knife Nat?" I questioned while parking in the farthest parking spot. Natalie gulped.

"Yes." She mumbled.

"Good, we're gonna need it. Let's go." I put the car in park and immediately got out of the car.

I frowned while pushing my dress down. This was the one thing I hated right now. I was wearing a fucking dress. I hate dresses now. I've realized how much of a nuisance they can be when trying to look like a badass.

"Do you remember Professor Thomas?" I questioned while beginning to walk towards the front entrance.

"Kind of." Natalie shouted while rushing to my side. I glanced towards her, watching her chest move up and down from how out of breath she was.

"Good because you're not gonna want to remember him right now." I chuckled while pushing through the front doors.

The room looked familiar, but not in a good way. The amount of times I'd come here for pep talks or extra credit. I don't have the best memories of this place. And I'm about to make more.

I bypassed the sweet lady at the front desk and jogged down the hallway. I think she said something to us but I ignored her. Natalie talked to her, I think. I didn't feel her behind me anymore so I'm assuming so.

Without a second more, I stopped at his door and kicked it open. As suspected, he was in there but he wasn't alone. Thomas had a girl, a very young girl, on his lap as he slowly undid her button up.

"You have five seconds to leave before you not only lose your pride, but you also lose your eyes." I cocked my gun and held it up at the two of them, earning gasps from both of them.

The girl quickly began to cry but immediately jumped off of Thomas' lap. She collected her things and ran past me, leaving Thomas to his demise. She's a very smart girl.

I kind of feel bad for doing that

"It's about time Ms. Monroe. I was waiting to see you in this light." Thomas smirked while sitting up in his chair.

I slammed the door shut behind me and moved towards him. I kept the gun up while approaching his desk. His response to this was a dead giveaway to my suspicions. Which was right.

"I thought you stopped fucking underclassmen when you were charged with rape?" I smirked while moving to the opposite side of the desk.

"Don't you remember? It was a fake allegation. I got off with a warning." Thomas chuckled.

"Glad to know you're the exact same pervert I remember." I narrowed my eyes at him while aiming my gun straight at his forehead.

"Leonardo finally get you kiddo? I knew it was bound to happen. With Jack and all. God you look just like him. I'm glad to see the training paid off." Thomas crossed his arms and smiled.

"I don't work for that scumbag." I cringed at the idea.

"Really? I doubt Jacks happy with that." Thomas sighed.

"Jack has no say because Jacks dead." I moved around the desk, keeping my eyes on Thomas at all times.

"What?" Thomas sat up.

"It's not new news. He's been dead for a while now." I pushed his chair back with my foot and moved into the space between him and his desk.

"How did he die?" Thomas asked eagerly.

"Enough fooling around, you're gonna tell me everything you know about the suckers or else you'll be able to talk to Jack yourself." I pressed the gun into his forehead.

"Now Kennedy, can't we talk like civil adults?" Thomas slowly raised his arms up in surrender.

"Put those arms down before I force them down." I glanced between his arms and watched them slowly fall.

"I don't know any more about the Suckers than you do sweetheart." Thomas held his hands in his lap.

"Bullshit. You work for him don't you?" I questioned.

"Worked. I worked for him. Not anymore." Thomas corrected.

"What?" I weakened my strain on his forehead, but quickly pressed it harder before he could make a move.

"Leonardo killed my wife and child, I don't want to ever be associated with that man. So I'm sorry if that's what you came for because I haven't been in business with him for years." Thomas looked me dead in the eyes.

He wasn't lying.

I pulled the gun from his forehead and relaxed my arm at my side. I walked around the desk and stood at the opposite side, still keeping my eyes locked on him at all times.

"Doesn't mean you won't have answers for me." I crossed my arms, keeping the gun still pointed towards him.

"Ask me, and I'll answer my best. But Kennedy, if what you're asking me is ways to take him down, I'm afraid I'm not a good source." Thomas frowned. He always spoke like he was from the 19th century.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because I've seen what trying to take him down does to people. And I won't be the person to send you on a suicide mission. Just like I did to your father." Thomas glanced towards the ground.

"What do you know about my fathers death?" I quickly asked.

"I know that part of the reason was me. You might not know this, but Jack was trying to take Leonardo down. He had too much power and your father knew he couldn't handle it. So he began to think of ways to take him down. He didn't want the Suckers gone, just Leonardo." Thomas ran his fingers through what he had left of gray hair and sighed.

"Jack helped me escape, he kept me hidden for years. That's why I was shocked when you said he was dead. I should be dead then." Thomas frowned.

I sat down in one of the seats in front of his desk and allowed his words to sink in. He wanted Leonardo dead? His best friend? But, why would Leonardo want his betrayer of a best friend's daughter to take his place? Did he think I was different?

"Where did my father keep his plans?" I glanced towards Thomas while thinking of all the possible places.

"You'll never be able to get it." Thomas frowned.

"Don't doubt me." I straightened my expression.

Thomas shook his head before pushing himself towards his desk. His gray mustache sat steadily upon his lip as he picked up his glasses from around his neck and placed them on his nose. His bridle hands laid between us as he made eye contact with me.

Those cold brown eyes he had reeked of sorrow.

"After Nicolas Styles, the leader of Alea, died. Your father got all the combinations and keys to his office. He put everything there, knowing that it's the safest place. The only person to find it would be his untrained son, who probably didn't even think to look in the locked safe under all the other random files." Thomas opened his side drawer and started digging through it.

"Why would he risk it?" I questioned as if I didn't already know the answer.

Never do the unexpected, people always look for that first.

"He knew it would be safe. Ah, here it is," Thomas pulled out a key with a set of numbers attached. "This is the code to the safe." Thomas slid the key towards me.

I picked it up between my fingers and looked at the code.

02-14-99, my birthday.

"What about Leonardo? How do I stop him?" I pushed the keys into my pocket and stood up.

"You have to be willing to do whatever it takes. The fight might come down to him and you, or the world. I know that's what happened to your father." Thomas glanced down at the floor again.

"Obviously he made the wrong choice." Thomas sighed.

I stuffed my gun into my jacket and held my hand out for Thomas. He gratefully took it and shook it.

"I'll free you Thomas. That's a promise." I walked towards the door and glanced towards Thomas.

"Good luck Kennedy. You'll need it." Thomas smiled.

I nodded before pushing the door open and stepping into the hallway. As I walked out the back, my head was filled with Thomas' conniving words. You have to be willing to do whatever it takes.

He doesn't understand what Leonardo has done to us, to me. He's created this sense of hatred and vengefulness that I've never felt before. If I have to die to save everyone's lives, that's a risk I'm willing to take.

People can get over one death, but not a mass murder.

"Kennedy!" A faint whisper caught my attention just as I left the building. I glanced towards the noise and saw Natalie crouching.

"Nat?" I questioned.

"What took you so long?" Natalie stood up from her crouched position and fixed her shirt.

"Where were you?" I questioned while beginning to walk around the building. Natalie stepped in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

"Did you mean what you said?" Natalie crossed her arms.

"What do you mean? Were you listening?" I asked while relaxing my position.

"I was. Now did you mean what you said? That you'll do whatever it takes to take down Leonardo?" Natalie gripped onto my arms with all her strength.

"Yes. I did." I blinked.

"No." Natalie let go of my arms and began to pace. Is she okay?

"What's wrong with that? Natalie, are you okay?" I questioned, moving towards her hesitantly.

"Do you know yourself, Kennedy? Or are you just oblivious?" Natalie pushed me away and continued to pace.

"What are you talking about?" I frowned.

"You're going to die K! If not you, someone else. When you say you'll do whatever it takes, it usually means death. Killing Leonardo will mean your death. And I'm not letting you die." Natalie slammed her hand against the concrete of the building and whimpered.

I didn't know what to say. Mostly because she was right. I was prepared to die for this. But I wasn't planning on dying. That's the worst possible option. But to be able to do this, it needs to be considered.

"I'm not going to die." I whispered while slowly moving towards her. I could hear Natalie's tears wet her face.

"I know you, Kennedy. You are." Natalie turned around and slid down the wall of the building until her head and knees met.

"You really expect that little of me Nat?" I crouched down and laid my hand on her shoulder.

She nodded.

"Well, don't. I don't plan on dying. But in order to do this, all the possibilities need to be on the table." I moved a piece of hair from out of her face as she lifted her head up.

"I hate that you're so nonchalant about death." Natalie sniffled. I smiled.

"When you live my life, you become acquainted with the inevitable." I shrugged my shoulders and stood up.

I held my hand out for Natalie to grab while she brought herself back together. She took it and allowed me to pull her up. She wiped the water from under her eyes and nodded.

"You think Louis has a car I can borrow?" I questioned while pulling us towards the car.

"He has a car you can keep." Natalie chuckled.

"Seriously?" I looked behind me and saw her smirk.

"Yea. We've been planning on giving you a car for awhile. What better time than now. I think he left it." Natalie grinned. I smirked at the thought.

Natalie reluctantly allowed me to drive us back to my apartment, this time forcing me to do the speed limit. When we got back, Natalie did indeed find the car Louis left for me. It was a black ford mustang. It was no Lamborghini but it was still amazing.

Natalie offered to stay and help me out with whatever I had to do next, but I didn't let her. I needed to fuck me and Harry up myself. She needs her brother to like her.

Ew, did I just say brother? That feels wrong.

I walked back up to my apartment and grabbed the things I threw in a trash bag. I also grabbed my phone which I guess I left here. I searched through it as I loaded my new car and saw I had a missed call.

From Harry.

Immediately, I called him back. God he probably hates me. After a few rings, the line picked up but it was dead silence.

"Harry?" I asked frantically as I climbed into the car. I turned it on and put my seat belt on.

It smelt like a new car, one of my favorite scents.

"You left." Harry's British voice whispered through the phone. It sounded tired, almost broken.

"Harry, oh thank god you're okay." I rested my forehead on the steering wheel, almost honking the horn.

"Next time I see you, you're done. So count your seconds." Harry spoke quietly before hanging up the phone.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at it. Did he just hang up on me? Also what was that threat? I pressed call again, but it went straight to voicemail. He's ignoring me?

What have I done?

I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling immediate regret. Was leaving him the wrong decision? No, he's safer without me. He's safe, healing, under supervision. He's fine.

But what about us? Who am I kidding, there is no us. Harry and I are two separate people who think alike. We're made for this and it's dangerous. That's why doing what I have to do next is so hard.

I have to break into the one place he holds sacred to himself. The token of his father that has yet to be erased from Harry's life. The part of him that shows him how much his father still rules over him.

He tried very hard to conceal his fear when taking me to his dad's office, but I know how he felt. He was scared. He felt like he was betraying his father. Well that's how I feel working for him sometimes. Because no matter what my head is saying, my heart still beats for my father.

But, I was going to try everything in my power to avoid double crossing him. I'm going to do some snooping in his home office. Maybe I can find something there so I don't have to lockpick or steal.

Please let there be something there.

Harry's POV

I felt my phone slowly begin to crack as I crushed it in my hand. I've never been more angrier at a person in my life. Just hearing her voice forced a foreign emotion to rise from the depths of my heart.

I wanted to kill her. Or maybe worse, leave her to live with her regrets. She left, without anything to say. The best she could say was Oh thank god you're okay. Fucking pathetic.

"For god sakes, let go of your phone." Luca's annoying voice broke through my fuming and plucked my phone from my hand.

I glared towards him with an angry expression. I wasn't in the mood for his annoying self. He thinks he's the fucking boss of me. But news flash, he's fucking not.

Soon, I'll be home, I'll wrap my hands around Kennedy's neck and watch her beg for her life. God how I hated her right now. She made me so angry.

At least I think it's anger

"Give me my phone back douche." I held my hand out without looking at him.

"Maybe I should tell Kennedy about your plan to leave?" Luca snickered.

I turned my head to look at him, staring him down. He smirked while placing my phone at the edge of my bed, knowing I couldn't reach it.

"Yeah, I heard you. It's not going to happen Styles. Not under my watch." Luca shook his head with a smirk as if he was proud of himself.

Congrats idiot, you just signed your death certificate!

I didn't respond. I didn't have a response that wouldn't give away my plans to take him out of the picture. I don't care if I get in shit with the Mafia. My grandad did it once and came out with Alea so it can't be that bad.

"Mr. Styles?" A womanly voice drew both our attention to the front of the hospital room.

My doctor, Victoria, came in with her clipboard and scrubs. She was smiling as she walked to my side and began to write down my vitals. I took a deep breath, calming myself down.

"Looking lovely as always Doc." I smirked while flirting with the doctor. She chuckled and covered her face from her blush.

I have to get brownie points where I can.

"Hello Harry. How are you feeling?" Victoria began to roll up my hospital down and inspect the surgical wounds. She was blushing even more looking at my stomach.

Which was odd because you couldn't see my abs under all the scarring and stitching.

"The same since the last time you asked me an hour ago." I tightly grinned towards her. She laughed.

"I'm sorry Harry, it's protocol. Especially since you just had surgery. May I ask, how did you get here without a discharge?" Victoria pulled my gown down and began to write on her clipboard.

"Oh you know, magic." I winked.

"I'm sure." Victoria nodded.

"I swear, scouts honor." I held my hand up and placed the other to my chest. Victoria laughed again.

"Okay Harry. Also, I'm talking to the Las Vegas hospital as we speak. But there's no guarantee I can make it happen. Helicopters for no reason are a waste of money." Victoria tore a piece of paper off her clipboard and placed it on my lap.

"I appreciate the effort from a busy, beautiful woman like you." I smirked as she walked towards the door.

"Goodbye Mr. Styles." Victoria flipped her long blonde hair over her shoulder and slammed the door shut behind her.

I picked up the note she left on my lap and opened it. It was her number. I chuckled to myself as I crumbled up the paper and tossed it into the trash can across the room.

I don't even like blondes, although she's very sweet. Maybe another time.

"I have to piss so get the fuck out." I turned towards Luca who was playing on his phone.

"If you flirt with the doctor any more, she might she slip up and fuck you." Luca smirked while walking towards the exit.

"Then I guess my plans are working. Out." I rolled my eyes as he snickered until he was out of the room.

I didn't actually have to pee. I just didn't want to see his stupid face anymore. I tensed my abdomen and reached my phone at the edge of the bed. As soon as I opened it, I saw a shit ton of texts from Kennedy.

Kennedy: harry?

Kennedy: answer me.

Kennedy: come on don't be a dick

Kennedy: harry, come on

Kennedy: I'm sorry

Kennedy: come on, please. just answer.

I shut my phone off and threw it across the room, watching it land on the couch. I wasn't gonna let her pleas change how I felt. She's the one in the wrong, not me.

Then why do I feel like absolute shit for not answering her?

"Fuck." I mumbled while collapsing my head onto the pillows behind me. I hated this feeling.

The hold she has on me is dangerous, but I don't seem to want it to go away.

I'm screwed. 

-

a/n: i hope everyone had a happy holidays (for those that celebrate)!! The love dice has been getting these past few days has made me feel so blessed. Keep reading my loves. ily and  stay hydrated! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.9K 32
"I don't care what you are," he quietly rasps out, his low voice cracking a bit, "You understand me? You have had me hooked since the day I first met...
457K 9.5K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
758K 25.4K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
285K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc