New Life (Slow Updates)

Galing kay DawnOfOtter

"TONY! Is my cloak on you again!" Strange yelled from the hall. Tony did a double check on his shoulders. "NO... Higit pa

Soulmates
Tattoos
Prologue......
Chapter 1, Hectic
Chapter 2, Stress
Chapter 3, Confrontation
Chapter 4, Lost and Found
Chapter 5, Identitys
Chapter 6, Something Normal
Chapter 7, Somewhat Normal? (not)
Chapter 8, Well..... that happened
Chapter 9, Surprise
Chapter 10, Nerves
Chapter 11, Oop
Chapter 13, Help
Chapter 14, Girls Day
Chapter 15, Powers
Chapter 16, Skip
Chapter 17, Vents
Chapter 18, Vacation
Chapter 19, Beach
Chapter 20, Explanation
Chapter 21, LOKI
Chapter 22, Gone
Chapter 23, First Word(s)
Chapter 24, Inbetween

Chapter 12, Complete

3.3K 79 8
Galing kay DawnOfOtter

My rush to the kitchen almost made me not notice a slight burning behind her right ear. Keyword, almost. I paused at the kitchen entryway seeing two people. Wanda was serving up plates and there was a blond dude-.

It was Thor?

He turned around and smiled. "AH YES. YOU MUST BE LADY ECLIPSE!! I'M YOUR OTHER MATE. THOR. NICE TO MEET YOU." His voice boomed across the kitchen.

I winced. "Um, you don't need to shout."

"My apologies Lady Eclipse, I sometimes forget that I'm not in Asgard." He came over to me and gently moved my hair behind my ear, touching his mark in the process.

I smiled. "You don't need to call me Lady. I am nowhere near that sort of status. Um. Where's my mark on you?"

His grin widened if that was even possible. Grabbing the waistband of his sweatpants he pulls the right side down slightly. There in the slight divot was my mark. I can feel my face turn red as I gently touch it then step back.

I look at Wanda and see her laughing behind her hand. Well, I wasn't going to blame her because this situation was probably quite funny from her point of view. "Hey Wanda, dinner is ready right?"

"Yup. I'm just going to bring it to the lounge. Why don't you let the others know they need to wash their hands. Especially Tony and Bruce. Don't tell them I said that though." She finished serving up the plates and went to grab some silverware.

Glad to be out of that slightly awkward encounter I quickly went back into the lounge. "Hey, guys! Dinners ready, we're eating in here, and Wanda says you need to wash your hands. Oh, not to mention, did ANYONE think to inform me that the fricken God of Electricity was here?" I finished, glaring at them.

Everyone mumbled quick excuses that they needed to wash their hands before scurrying out of the lounge. Natasha and Clint quickly set the twins down and left also. I threw my hands up making an exasperated noise. "You have got to be kidding me!"

From the kitchen came Wanda and a bunch of floating plates outlined in red. She set them all on the coffee table, "I've never seen them that eager to wash their hands. Maybe I should just have you tell them every time."

I smiled. "No, they just fear me." I went over to the twins and gently picked up Alli, "Hey there Alli, sorry about the unexpected nap. I didn't mean to." They were both very hungry but it looked like they weren't so hungry that I would have to double feed. 

On the bright side, since I had taken a nap this afternoon then it wouldn't be as impactful when I had to get up a bazillion times at night for the twins. At day they were very consistent, eating at pretty much the same time, taking naps together. But at night it was a different story, they would wake up at different times, and the why they woke up was never the same. All this meant was very little sleep on my part.

Grabbing the nursing cover I put it on and got to setting up Alli. "Hey, Wanda? Could you hold Nova while I feed Alli?"

The others had started coming back in and were sitting down in random spots. "Yes, I can do that," Wanda replied.

Steve and Bucky's eyes lit up when they saw no one sitting next to me yet. They made a beeline towards me and glared at Stephen when he claimed my left side. A single glance between Bucky and Steve told me that what happened next was going to be interesting.

Trying to not be obvious but failing miserably, they sped up their walking. Steve got to me first and immediately sat on my right. They glared at each other, Bucky wanting the seat and Steve not willing to give it up. Finally, they compromised and Bucky sat down on the floor between Steve's legs.

A small giggle from me made them look around the room, noticing everyone else had gone silent and was staring at them. Bucky looked a little embarrassed but Steve just held a triumphant smile.

I decided to break the silence. "Well now that that is situated why don't we eat dinner. Thor, you are Wanda's soulmate right?"

He nodded, already stuffing his face full of food. "Yesh she isth. I musht hab thish delishous reshcipe!"

"Thor! What have I told you about eating with your mouth full." Wanda chided.

He quickly swallowed his mouthful, "That it is not considered polite on Midgard?"

She laughed, "Yes, and it's Earth. Few will understand if you refer to here as Midgard."

I watched as conversations started all around the room, a small but heated debate on politics with Steve and Tony, Peter and Bruce talking science, Thor and Wanda catching up, Natasha and Clint talking about the next mission they were going on, Bucky just staring at Steve, hm wonder what that's about.

Stephen leans down so he can talk into my ear. "Just to let you know, both I and Wanda can feel your power very strongly right now. The barriers that you seem to have put up look to be weakened. I just need to know if you know how to fix it or if I'm going to need to possibly evacuate the people here that can get harmed."

I rubbed my eyes with my unoccupied hand. "Yeah sorry, I'll try to fix that this evening. It's uh- pretty simple to fix."

"Hm? And how's that?" He questioned before taking another bite of his food.

"Sleep." I deadpanned, trying not to look at anyone.

"I see the problem. You refuse to let us help at night and I'm assuming that you end up waking up a bunch to take care of the twins." Stephen said. When I don't respond he takes it as confirmation. "So why don't you let one of us sleep in your room? If you feel that uncomfortable I'm sure we could move another bed in. Some sort of solution is better than having to isolate you in case of injuries."

I nodded. I did understand his point of view but it would be a very large step in trust on my behalf, something I was still unsure of. How was this so easy for other people!! Of course, I was the one who ended up being paired with the avengers.

They were all so nice, sometimes too nice for their good. It made it hard for me because my mom had raised me to trust only the people that she said were ok. Nick Fury was one of those select few that I knew. That reminded me.

"Hey, Wanda? Did you ever contact Nick? Also, you never told me how you know him!" Wanda looked at me in surprise. She responded with a sheepish look on her face. "I uh- didn't contact him. I forgot about it with everything else going on."

I believed her, mostly. "So? How do you know him?" I questioned.

"Well, he used to be the Director of Shield, but when that went down he had to go into hiding. After that he collected the agents that he knew were loyal to him and he has a small network now. For the most part, we've eradicated Hydra, but who knows, they might be growing again. It's his job to find them before they cause more damage." Wanda answered.

I was astonished. He used to be the Director of Shield? One of the most important organizations of intel collecting and safety? Even now he works in basically a subdivision of his previous job?

Everyone had paused their chatting to see my reaction. "Shield? I don't think even my mom knew that." I looked down, avoiding everyone's eyes. "Is that why he stayed in contact with us? Did he think I was a threat or-" my breath hitched, "was I an experiment?"

It was silent for a long moment before Steve spoke up, "We don't know. He never told any of us about you-"

Thor cut in, "I may know a bit of your background." I looked up in surprise as well as the rest of the table. "Heimdall told me when you were born, yes born, not an experiment. He found you because of the unusual amount of power concentrating on one spot. It was the same with your sisters. He has only seen that amount of power a few times and only one of them turned out good. He was- worried for what this may mean."

My eyes widened at the revelation. But before anything more could be said, Nova began to cry. "Sorry guys. Wanda? Could you pass over Nova so I can feed her? I- um, Thor?"

Thor smiled, "Yes Lady Eclipse?"

"Do you want to burp Alli? If you don't feel comfortable you could always hand her to someone else."

"Of course, I can." He replied. I passed over Alli and a burp rag then turned to receive Nova. The rest at the table resumed eating and chatting. "They are trying to give you some space. Well, as much as they can considering we are all eating next to each other." Wanda spoke into my head. I thanked by opening my mind temporarily to respond.

There was a comfortable amount of chatter around the room, with Clint and Peter being lost in their own space. Everyone was enjoying themselves so much that I didn't want to bug any of them. Although by now I was quite hungry as I had just been feeding the twins the entire time.

It was Natasha who noticed first, to which she said. "To the morons sitting next to Eclipse, have none of you noticed that she hasn't even touched her food because she's been feeding the twins?" They all looked at Natasha then at me. I could see the concern in their faces, tinted with guilt.

"I could-" I tried to speak up but was immediately cut off by Bucky. "I'll feed her. Although to be fair she's on the couch and I'm on the floor, it's not like I could've easily noticed."

The rest of dinner went well, with Bucky making sure I got food. I only ate half the plate because I wasn't super hungry, which ended up me getting concerned and disapproving looks. I could understand their concern, there hadn't been much on the plate in the first place.

Both of the twins were very awake at the end of dinner but they only wanted to be held by me. This was inconvenient but not something that I hadn't done before. I went to one of the bathrooms and situated the twins so I could hold them both.

Like in the picture above except for the are touching her skin as she is wearing no shirt. (Even though she's wearing no shirt it doesn't mean the guys can see everything, you dirty people. The babies cover the majority of her.)

By the time I came out the living room had been cleared from dinner and everyone was situated on the couches, scrolling through movies on the big screen. They hadn't seen me yet so I stayed back, listening to their conversation and smiling softly.

"We should let her choose the movies. That is if she wants to." Steve said.

"But I wanna choose it!" Clint whined.

"No. You're not choosing it, all you choose are Disney movies." Tony said, rolling his eyes.

"I like Disney movies." Peter tried to pitch in.

"How about we watch the movie with skinny legs and the black dragon," Thor announced.

"Oooooo! Do you mean 'How to Train a Dragon?" Peter said excitedly.

"The only reason you like that movie is that they worship your dad and correct me if I'm mistaken, you," Natasha commented.

Steve and Bucky looked like they were both out of their element while Wanda just cuddled with Thor. Stephen was, well, Stephen.

He was the first one to notice me, Stephen I mean. Stephen smiled at me, one that seemed to be reserved mostly for me and Tony. He waved me over and scooted to make room for me between him and Tony. I smiled back and walked over.

Many apologies for the very definitely overdue update!! Things have been chaotic with school and other events that I've been doing. I am hoping to update again before the end of the month!! Thank you to everyone who has stayed throughout the story, has commented, and voted. It means so much to me and I am glad that some of my readers aren't silent readers. 

If you like this story go check out my other story called, 'From Scarred to Healed'!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

46.4K 1.5K 26
18+ Warning. Mature scenes and Language. Sneak Peek- "You okay, baby girl?" He asked lowly. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I nodded slowly...
26.6K 571 11
A year after S.H.I.E.L.D. has fallen, Freya and Steve's relationship is stronger than ever. Completely in love and true best friends, they won't let...
336K 9.2K 64
Y/n was kidnapped by Hydra and exposed to the mind stone, receiving powers nobody quite understood the extent of. After a year and a half under Hydr...
149 6 1
"You need to fix this, Tony, because I can't unless you decide to help me out here. So, work with me, please!" Rogers thrust his hands out towards hi...