When I look at you - Reggie P...

By chlooomb

After getting a 911 text from her best friend Julie, she goes over to her house, not expecting to find 3 teen... More

Characters.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nighteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
New book?

Thirteen.

3.2K 87 11
By chlooomb

When I got home, I did my makeup like Carrie told me to, and curled my hair so that it was slightly wavy. I then clipped it up and put on the red wig, securing it with clips so that it would stay tight to my head. I'm hoping that when I take off the wig later, my hair won't be too frizzy. I packed the clothes that I'm going to wear for our performance after and mentally went through the dirty candy routine to make sure I knew it.

I saw that my phone dinged, and I looked over to see that Julie texted me, saying she was grounded and didn't know if she would be able to make it tonight. I told her just to sneak out by climbing down the tree that's outside her bedroom window, and leave her window open so that she can get back in. I texted Carrie after I messaged Julie, saying that I'm on my way. I double checked that I had everything I needed and headed out to the venue.

When I got there, I was greeted by Carrie, who surprisingly, gave me a hug and thanked me for doing this tonight for her. She gave me the outfit and I just knew it was going to be itchy. I went into a back room to change and went to the side of the stage when I saw Julie run in and stand next to my Flynn, just as they announced dirty candy.
(Mabel's outfit is the orange/red one)

Carrie greeted everyone on the stage as the music began, and started the routine. As the others and I started to dance with her, I jumped slightly when Alex poofed onto the stage next to me. I carried on dancing, seeing him looking around shocked before he started to dance around me, making me hold in a laugh. He then poofed off the stage and landed next to where Julie, Flynn, Reggie and Luke were and had a conversation that I obviously couldn't hear.

I ignored their conversation and focused on the dance, just as Alex poofed back on stage. I tried to block him out but he kept dancing around me, following the choreography that I was doing. When everyone except Carrie went to do some floor work, Alex started to copy what carrie was doing. Not gonna lie, he's a pretty good dancer. I glanced over to the others and gave them a confused look, only for them to shrug their shoulders at me. Reggie was just staring like he was in some sort of trance, making me have to look away before I started blushing.

When the music ended, Alex did a little pose and I vaguely heard him say 'making me blush', which made me have to duck my head slightly to conceal my laughter. When we were allowed to leave, I ran into the same back room as before and got changed into my other clothes, all while trying to catch my breath. I took off my wig, and thankfully my hair still looked good. I decided to wipe off the red lip, and put on a clear lipgloss instead. (Performance outfit below)

Just as I was tying the laces on my boots, I heard someone announce 'MJ and the fat ones'. Assuming that's us, because Luke has terrible handwriting, I ran out and saw the guys looking slightly panicked as Julie walked on the stage alone. I ran past them and joined Julie on the stage, seeing her send me a relieved smile. I looked out at all the people as Julie said our actual band name and felt sick to my stomach as I realised there was more people here than I thought.

I thought I was over my stage fright after our first performance, but obviously not. Taking a few deep breaths, I looked over at Julie and gave her a shaky nod as she started to play the song.

Hearts on fire, we're no liars,
so we say what we wanna say
I'm awakened no more faking,
So we push all our fears away

I took another deep breath before I softly strummed my guitar, and started to sing.

Don't know if I'll make it cause I'm falling under,
Close my eyes, and feel my chest beating like thunder

Julie then joined in with me as we harmonised together, me going lower and her higher.

I wanna fly, come alive, watch me shine

The boys then poofed on stage with us and Julie stood up from her piano.

I got a spark in me,
hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me,
hands up if you're with me,
Now till eternity, hands up if you believe
Been so long and now we're finally free

I moved over to stand by Reggie, sharing his microphone as I began to sing the next part by myself, still a bit out of breath from Dirty Candy's performance.

We're all bright now, what a sight now,
Coming out like we're fireworks
Marching on proud, turn it up loud,
Cause now we know what we're worth

Julie and Luke sing the next part and harmonised beautifully together as I moved over to Alex so that I can catch my breath before I have to sing again.

We know we can make it, we're not falling down under
Close my eyes and feel my chest, beating like thunder
I, wanna fly,
Come alive, watch me shine

Alex notices that I'm struggling a bit and mouthed 'are you okay?', to which I just nodded in return before we all sang the chorus together.

I got a spark in me,
hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me,
Hands up if you're with me
Now till eternity,
Hands up if you believe
Been so long and now we're finally free

I got a spark in me,
Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me,
Hands up if you're with me
Now till eternity,
Hands up if you believe
Been so long and now we're finally free

Julie then moved over to Luke as they sing the next part together with the same microphone as I move back over to Reggie. I make eye contact with both of them and we all smile over at Julie and Luke.

I got a spark in me ( I got a spark in me)
And you're a part of me (and you're a part of me)
Now till eternity ( now till eternity)
Been so long and now we're finally free

Me and the guys sing the chorus this time as Julie adds in high notes.

I got a spark in me,
Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me,
Hands up if you're with me
Now till eternity,
Hands up if you believe
Been so long and now I'm finally free

We sing a couple of 'oohs' as Julie and Luke sing together.
Been so long and now we're finally free

I stop playing my guitar and hold the microphone as I sing the last part solo, glancing over at Reggie before looking out at the audience.

Finally free, yeah.

As we all bowed, the boys disappeared and Julie walked over to me, smiling, before talking to the audience.

"Thankyou, we're MJ and the Phantoms."

"Tell your friends." I added in as Julie laughed slightly before we left the stage.

(Trigger warning ⚠️ mentions of being sick!)

As soon as we got off the stage, I felt like I needed to throw up. Not sure if if was because I was out of breath, or it was the nerves from before. Either way, I ran to the bathroom as Julie went over to the guys. Flynn saw me headed to the bathroom and she followed me, holding my hair back as I puked over the toilet. After I flushed the toilet, she handed me a bottle of water and I smiled gratefully at her.

(Trigger warning over)

"Are you okay Bel? You look kind of pale." Flynn said as I drank some of the water.

"Yeah I'm okay now. I think it was just because I was out of breath, and the nerves." I replied back. She nodded her head at me before grabbing my hand and pulled me back to where Julie and the guys were.

"There you are! I wondered where you went - wait are you okay Bel?" Julie asked me as the guys all looked over at me in concern.

I waved my hand slightly in front of me. "Yeah I'm fine"-

Flynn cut me off. "She's not fine. She just threw up." I glared at her slightly. Before finishing my sentence.

"I'm fine now though. It was just the nerves and because I was out of breath from before but I'm good now. I promise."

Everyone nodded at me before Flynn grabbed me and Julie in a hug. "You guys were incredible! And May, as much as I don't like Carrie, you were great in Dirty Candy. I forgot how good of a dancer you were." Flynn complimented.

"Thanks Flynn. As much fun as it was dancing, I'm never doing two performances back to back again." I joked, making everyone laugh. I went and leant on the counter next to Reggie, who nudged my shoulder slightly, making me smile up at him.

"Hey. Hey! Whoever Carrie was trying to impress is coming this way." Luke said as we all turned around to where he was pointing.

"She looks all business." Alex commented.

"Wait! Who should do all the talking?" Reggie said, making us all glance at him. "Right. Julie and Bel."

Julie grabbed my hand and pulled me to where she was standing, just as the women came over and held her hand out to us.

"Hi. I'm Andy Parker and I would love to-"

Andy was cut off by Ray Molina, who I didn't even know was here.

"Dad!" Julie said, with her hand still shaking Andy's. Julie smiled apologetically at Andy as the manager left.

I turned around slowly and tried to escape, before Ray saw me.

"Mabel. I know you helped Julie sneak out." Ray said to me as I froze in my spot. I turned back around and stood next to Julie. "I'm not your father, so I can't ground you like I can Julie, but I did call your Dad and told him what happened. He's waiting outside for you."

My breath got caught in my throat slightly, knowing that my dad is not going to be happy with me. Julie and Flynn glanced at me worryingly before I nodded my head at them, telling them that I would be fine. Ray doesn't know that my dad hits me sometimes, only Julie and Flynn know. It's why I try and stay out of trouble as much as I can.

"I'll see you later Jules. Bye Flynn." I said as I rushed to the back room to get my things before I left the venue and headed to where I saw my dad standing by his car.

He looks pissed. There's that sick feeling again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 243 17
🌟MOST IMPRESSIVE RANKINGS🌟 🥳🥳🥳 #1 in #madisonreyes Skyler and Julie have been the best of friends for as long as they can remember. They are in...
29.5K 574 17
"we're not who we used to be we're not who we used to be we're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me trying to remember how it feels to...
57.3K 1.1K 38
"all i know is this could either break my heart or bring it back to life got a feelin' your electric touch could fill this ghost town up with life" ...
146K 2.8K 44
Reginald Peters always wanted a little sister...little did he know that eight years after he died his wish would come true. Now in the year 2020, Ros...