The Albanian Promise (Croesus...

By nikkilarousse

Book 4 of The Croesus' Brides series Flora Kent has been wanting to be like her sister, a badass female but a... More

Author's NOTE
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Extra

Chapter 13

20 0 0
By nikkilarousse

Flora Kent's POV

I have been dreaming about this moment. Well, except I just met this guy last night, and right now, I was seating in front of him in the most exclusive restaurant in Tirana. I cannot believe that I got the chance to get inside here. It took Daniel to be a special guest to even get the reservation because they would always be full.

"So, what do you want to eat for today?" He asked me as he was looking at the menu. I was so distracted by the way the lights were catching his black hair as they were shining. I can see some tinge of orange in them.

Huh.

I went to look at his eyes. They were intense, sure, but their hazel color was kind of odd. It was like he was wearing contact but maybe it was all my imagination.

"Hmm, I don't know what I want. I never had Albanian food but I do know my Italian food like the back of my hand," I said as I was putting the menu down and looked at him. He chuckled before he signed the waiter.

"Do you trust me?" He asked me as he raised an eyebrow at me. I smiled at him.

"Well, I did go out for a luncheon with you so I think my action speaks volumes when it comes to you," I said as I was tucking my hair behind my ear. He smirked before he ordered lunch. I guessed he has more experience when he seemed to know what he said to that waiter. After the waiter disappeared, he turned to look at me.

"So," he started.

"So, what now?" I asked as I was looking at him. He laughed before I smiled at him as well.

"Well, I did not plan this date. I mean I never date ever. Well, except a couple of times of going out with my girlfriend—"

"You have a girlfriend?" I asked him in horror as I don't want to be facing his angry girlfriend if she ever found out.

"Ex. She dumped my ass as I wanted to please her," he said as he was playing with the edge of the glass that he was holding. He looked sad and broken. I wished I know how to erase that memory of her in his mind.

"I'm sorry," I said as I took his hand into mine. He smiled weakly before he squeezed my hand.

"Well, I did not. I'm glad. Now that I have been spending some time with you," he said as his hazel eyes were looking at me. I cannot see any emotion in them as they were just dark. And I think I liked that I was the reason he was feeling this way.

"Here we go," the waiter said as he put the lunch in front of us. I went to release his hand before he pulled it and kissed my knuckles. His kisses left a trail of fire on my body and went straight to my core.

I was breathing heavily for a second before he smirked at me. He motioned for me to eat and I did. I was so happy and safe in his presence. Like he was for me and I wished we would become more than friends after this.

"How's the food?" He asked me as he was putting some pesto pasta into his mouth. I was looking at my lasagna and took a bite. It was nice and I think I loved every second of it.

"It was nice and I think I loved it," I said as I was laughing at myself. I was such a mess. I'm sure he might be disgusted by me right now.

"Well, I'm glad. I don't know what you'd like and I went with the best menu here," he said as he was looking at me. His hazel eyes were staring at me and I felt like I was being undressed by him.

"Daniel," I said as my breath was coming short.

"Hmm?"

"Do you mind not staring at me? It's kind of unnerving. Not that I don't like it, it's just—we're in the public," I whispered the last part as a blush crept to my face. He chuckled before I looked at him.

"Whatever you say, cara," he said as he was looking at me before he focused on his food again. I was eating my food and the luncheon was silent once more as we just focused on what's on our plates than talking to each other.

I was playing with my food as I just finished the lasagna before I put the fork down. Daniel has finished a long time ago as he was playing with the edge of the champagne flute as he was waiting for me.

"Done?" He asked me before I dabbed my mouth. I smiled at him as he was signaling for a check. The check came and I was about to split the check before he gave it back with his credit card in it.

"Oh, Daniel. You shouldn't have. We can split, you know," I said as he laughed at me. It was playful and his sexy voice did something to my stomach and core.

Damn, I needed to get laid ASAP.

I looked at him as he was still laughing at my statement and he chuckled at the end before he was looking at me with his amused eyes.

"You know, you're the only one that ever said that,"

"Well, I like my independence, thank you very much," I said as I was crossing my hands and I was looking at him with my narrowed eyes.

"Well, you can never go wrong with that. I'm not against it. I just loved to spend it for someone that I hope will be more open to me and maybe invite me for dinner," he said as he was looking at me intensely. I gulped as I know my heart would be shredded to pieces if this continued.

What about Danial Summer?

Who's that? Liar.

I smiled as I was biting my lower lips. He was looking at my lips before I released them and he focused on my face before he stared at my eyes again.

Damnation, I will be sucked into his hazel stare more than I would let him.

Would that be great?

You can forget about Danial Summer. He has not shown up when you last saw him.

"Well, I hope you will," I said as I pretended to not know who it was he was talking about. He was talking about me.

"Well, shall we go?" He asked as he was offering his hand after his credit card has been returned.

"Yes, thank you for the lunch," I said as we were walking out of the restaurant and I was smiling as I was looking at his handsome face. When the sun hit his hair again, the tinge of orange was there and I think it looked cool on his black hair.

"Do you have Irish blood in you?" I asked him as I was looking at him. He turned to me with an eyebrow raised at my question.

"Sorry, that was very stupid of me. Of course not, you're Albanian," I said as I was dismissing my statement earlier. He chuckled before we walked to his car as he opened the door.

"Maybe if you be my girlfriend, you would know," he said as he winked at me. I laughed before getting inside and he closed the door. He went to the driver's side and slipped inside before he started the car. He looked at me briefly before he sped off from the restaurant.

We were weaving through traffic as I was looking outside the window. The sun was shining as people were settling for evening time. It was a nice view as I was looking at people and there was a family that was spending some time together. My heart swelled as I was looking at them before I sighed.

"What is it?"

"Huh?" I asked Daniel as I turned to look at him. He was raising his eyebrow as he looked at me briefly before focusing on the road again. I was smiling as I returned to look outside the window as the town disappeared and the suburban area was starting to show up.

He pulled over in front of my house as I said the direction for him to take. It was not good since I was hiding from someone and when I told this mysterious stranger my new address, I think I might be making a mistake.

But he was not Danial Summer. And he was probably too busy getting laid in the town. Suddenly, my heart burst with anger as I thought about it. I was surprised by myself as I was getting angry at that thought. Why should I care anyway?

"Here we are," he said as he was looking at me after he parked the car at the side of the road. He turned the engine off and he went out before getting to my side as he was opening the door for me. I took his offered hand as I get out of the car.

"Thank you," I said before he closed the door and we walked to the front door. He kept his hands to himself but I wished he would have put it on my lower back or something, as a claim or possession that I was his.

Woah, what?

"So, I guess this is it," he said as we were standing in front of the door.

"Yeah, I guess," I said as I was biting my lips. His hazel eyes were focusing on them before I released them and wetted them. I don't know why but I liked that he did focus on me right now.

"So, I see you around?" I asked. Please don't leave, please don't leave.

"Yeah, I suppose if I was not busy to go out for business," he said as he sighed. I never knew what he does for a living.

"Okay,"

"Okay,"

Then, we stood there as minutes went by. I felt like I was wanting him to do something but I guessed I have to take the matter into my own hands.

"I'm sorry, I just have to do this," I said before I pulled him by the collar of his shirt before I kissed him.

And just like that, his hands snaked around my body as I pulled him closer. He groaned before we moved in sync. We both needed this and we both loved it.

"I should have done this the first time I saw you, Flora," he said as he was resting his forehead against mine. I smiled.

"But it's worth the wait," he said before he perked my lips and I giggled. He smiled before he went to his car as he waved at me. I waved at him before he drove off and I went inside as I was resting my back to the door. I was biting my lips again as I was wondering when I will see him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 7.5K 61
✯Sequel to A beautiful mistake ✯ Can be read as a Stand-alone novel A fun fact about redheads. Did you know they derived their fierce temper from the...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
5.6M 102K 60
{NEEDS EDITING} ....::::**•°✾°•**::::.... 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 ❝𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬❞ ....::::**•°✾°•**::::.... "Death is the easy way out, rem...
1.6K 498 29
Iris Mays knew being accepted to a prestigious high school as a lower class citizen would have it's ups and downs. But she didn't know one of those...