The Albanian Promise (Croesus...

By nikkilarousse

Book 4 of The Croesus' Brides series Flora Kent has been wanting to be like her sister, a badass female but a... More

Author's NOTE
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Extra

Chapter 12

21 0 0
By nikkilarousse

Flora Kent's POV

I went to sit with a stranger that I was not aware of. His moves, his hands, and his face. It was all Danial as far as I was concerned. But his eyes were wrong and his hair was the wrong color.

Do not think about it, Flora. He's playing with your head.

I shook that thought away as the mysterious stranger pulled the chair out for me and I thanked him as I took my seat. He went to the seat beside me on my right as I saw that no one was accompanied by the table.

"Where is everybody?" I asked him as he was looking at the glass, probably wanting some champagne that I managed to knock over him earlier.

"I don't know but I guess the boss was taking care of his wife," he said as he was pulling the napkin onto his well-built thighs I wanted to sit on. Wait, what?

Then, the waiter came and served us dinner. Everyone was chatting with someone else and here I was, sitting with a stranger and eating all that I can have.

"Well, I think it was overdue for me to know your name," he said as he looked at me when he sipped on his wine. His eyes were still hooded by the mask but I can see his hazel eyes.

"Flora, Flora K—I mean Clover," I said as I almost slipped my real name. I did not know this guy was and I was about to give myself out. Don't mess with this cover, Flora! I screamed inside myself as I was smiling at him.

"Daniel, nice to meet you, Flora," he said with his sexy voice that made my panties damped with need.

Needed to be around him.

He held out his hand as I went to take it and shook it. It was all warm and calloused. He has been working out and I think I wanted to know more about him. To get my mind off Danial and stop comparing him to Danial.

Pfft, you wished!

Again, I shook my head as I was smiling at him. He raised his eyebrow at me as he was curious why I was shaking my head off.

"Well, since we have been introduced, can I know who are you?" He asked me as he was putting some grapes inside his mouth. I have been focusing on his delectable mouth that I can barely form a complete sentence.

"Well, I was born and raised in the States. Then, I applied for a job in the IT department at Bianchi's Tech, and here I was," I said as I was putting some cheese into my mouth. It melted and it was better than anything I have in a while.

"So, what about you, Daniel? Are you Daniel with an E or are you just messing with me?" I asked him as I was trying to get him off. He might be Danial Summer for crying out loud. He laughed at my question.

"Why? Do you have anything against Danial?" He asked me as his eyes wrinkled at the end. I blushed. I don't know why but I think I loved it.

"Well, I have some bad history with a certain Danial before I came here," I said as I popped some grapes.

"Well, I can assure you that I will be better Daniel than him, with the E. What was his last name?" He asked as he was looking at me clearly, trying to figure it out.

"Summer. His name is Danial Summer,"

"Well, lucky for me, my surname was Hekatos," he said as he was smiling at me. I smiled back. So, maybe his name was similar but his surname was different from Summer. It was exotic and all I wanted was to know him better.

"Okay, so now that I have known your surname, I can be more at peace," I said as I was chewing some more grapes. He frowned at me.

"Why?"

"Well, let just say I ran into him and I don't think I wanted to see him again. Ever," I said as I can his jaw clenched. I never knew that man can do that. When I was with Danial, it was not like that. He was calm and free and very intense when it comes to sex. But after 5 months, I have forgotten all about him. Are you sure about that? My dark mind asked me but I pushed it away.

"Well, why don't we dance? I bet you're a wonderful dancer," he said as he got up from the chair and offered me his hand. I smiled at him before I took it.

"Well, how do you know I was a wonderful dancer?"

"I saw your feet. You have a ballerina dancing feet," he said as he was winking at me. God, can this man be more flirtatious than ever?

"Well, I let you be the judge of that then," I said as I was trying not to chuckle at my remark. He smirked at me before we were at the center of the dance floor.

I put my hand in his and he drew me closer as his right hand was on my waist. I can smell his masculine scent. It smelled familiar but I shoved that thought away. This was not Danial Summer, it was Daniel Hekatos. Maybe I have to check him out later.

"So, when you were in the States, what do you work as?" He asked as we were slow dancing right now. The music was nice and warm and I think I'm getting warm to him already.

"Well, I was an IT engineer and when I heard there was an offer here with Mr. Bianchi, I took it and embark on that journey. Not that I have been here long. I have been here for several days but he took good care of me," I said as Daniel was looking at me.

"I bet he did," he mumbled but I heard him loud and clear. I was about to ask him what he meant by that he twirled me out and then inside his arms that I was forgetting about it.

"Can I ask you to go out with me?" He asked suddenly. I jolted in his arms but he was nuzzling my neck. I don't feel weird but I felt like I was melting under his arms.

"Why?"

"Because I don't think I wanted to know someone without fucking them first more than you do," I said as I was looking at him. He was hard and intense but when he saw my face, he relaxed and softened his gaze. It was nice.

"Well, can I?" He asked me as I did not answer his question yet.

"Well, if you insist," I said as I was trying to calm my heart. Danial was not here so I can flirt as much as I wanted. And also, I was done with him, dumping his ass as I came here. Daniel grinned as he perked my cheek. Well, baby steps.

"Thank you, how about tomorrow's lunch? I take you out to explore the city," he said as he looked at me before we were walking back to the table. I was nervous all of a sudden as I have been out of this game of flirt and dating. Well, only 5 months but I was losing touch.

"I think I might head home right now," I said as I was looking at him. He raised his eyebrows at me as he was shocked to hear that.

"But it's only 10 PM," he said as he was gripping my hand. I did not realize that he held my hand when we were walking around the party.

"Well, if I wanted to have lunch with you, I have to get my work done earlier so that I can go out with you," I said as I was thinking of an excuse to get alone with him. I wanted him to take me home but I was afraid as well. I just know him a couple of hours ago and now I wanted to get along with him.

Red Alert!

He was thinking about my excuse and I think he bought it.

"Well, as long as you are up for lunch, I will let this one slide," he said as he kissed my knuckles. I did not imagine going to a party and acquiring a suitor. Maybe I will need him to make Danial jealous and I think I liked the idea of him being all jealous but he could never touch me as this stranger did.

"Leaving already?" Val's voice was coming from behind that I turned to look at his pouted face as Daniel was holding my hand.

"Yes, well my boss did throw a party on Wednesday night," I said as I was looking at him. He was looking at the stranger that was beside me before looking at me. He was reading between the lines and I think he had the wrong idea when he smirked as he focused on our tangled hands.

"I can see why," he said as he was winking at us. I blushed before I blurted something stupid at him.

"It's not what you think," I blurted that I earned a squeeze from Daniel. Val burst out loud before he shook his head as he was mumbling under his breath. I don't get what he was saying as he was speaking in another language.

"Well, you're the guest of honor as I looked at it. You need to mingle and get to know your colleagues," he said before I heard a grunt beside me. Maybe I was imagining it but when I turned, Daniel was scowling at him.

"Oh come on, Hekatos, you know she needs to see the world, not just stuck with you all night," he said before he looked at me.

"I hope he did not bother you too much, he can be intense sometimes," Val said as he winked at me. A growl was coming from Daniel before he burst laughing at Daniel's growl.

"Well, if you don't mind, Mr. Hekatos, I will be taking my employee here. Thank you for keeping her company while I was away," he said before he tugged me. Daniel was holding me fast before I was being released and walked with Val to be introduced to my colleagues. I turned to look at Daniel and I saw his jaws clenched.

Well, I guessed that he was fucking mad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.3K 9
Nadia Lewasi was a bunch of stereotypes; a goody-two-shoes, the ugly sister, the one who followed all the rules had none of the fun and now always-th...
809 163 64
Novell was a poppy princess born into royalty and was not happy. She yearned for adventure, sin, desires she could not explain. Her mother and father...
118K 7.5K 61
โœฏSequel to A beautiful mistake โœฏ Can be read as a Stand-alone novel A fun fact about redheads. Did you know they derived their fierce temper from the...
278K 9.1K 41
โ™œ ๐€ ๐Œ๐š๐Ÿ๐ข๐š ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž โ™œ (Not edited, a first draft) When two different people with two very different paths in life collide, there is not a...