The Albanian Promise (Croesus...

By nikkilarousse

Book 4 of The Croesus' Brides series Flora Kent has been wanting to be like her sister, a badass female but a... More

Author's NOTE
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Extra

Chapter 7

22 0 0
By nikkilarousse

Flora Kent's POV

The sun was up and I was doing my house chore around. It was easy to do these things when I was living alone, in the house that I did not personally own, but hey, it's home. I was doing some cooking for my breakfast when the phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered in Italian as I wanted to make sure that no one knew it was me, Flora Kent but merely Flora Clover, my clean slate name.

"Hi, Flora, I see that you have outdone yourself," Val said as he was typing away on his computer as I was listening to the phone.

"So, why are you calling me exactly?" I asked him as I was doing some stirring as I was doing some scrambled eggs. It was Fauna that usually cooked for me as I wanted her to do it because it was so delicious that I asked for a second. After begging her, she agreed to teach me, and here I was, doing it exactly how she did it for me years ago.

"So, I assume that you have another job for me?" I asked him. He chuckled as he cleared his throat.

"Yes, I have one. I hope it will not clash with the one that I asked him to do for Danial Summer,"

"Okay, let's hear it," I said as I was putting my breakfast down on the counter as I went to get some water. It was just water as I don't have any orange juice right now. Then again, I don't like having it after cleaning my teeth.

"Okay, so I want you to review this coding that I made. It was for Internet security for the government that you managed to get through. I was hoping that you would point out the weak spot of the coding," he said as he was typing again.

"Okay, will do. Just give me some time and I will—"

"No, I wanted it today, by the end of the day and the search for Flora Kent, well, you can postpone it, I'm sure Mr. Summer will not mind a few more days to get through it," he said as he was chuckling at that statement. I rolled my eyes before I went to hang up and I ate my breakfast in silence.

Maybe I should get a cat.

I have been looking at the coding after breakfast and right now I was taking a break for lunch. I did not know what to make for my lunch as I was craving some Italian food as well. I think Albania has some good Italian food and they were very authentic as well.

I went out of the house as I was trying to get some fresh air and maybe get something for my care. I called my driver as I was waiting for him before he arrived 15 minutes later.

"Ms. Clover," he said as he was holding the door for me.

"Hello," I said as I went inside before he closed the door and went to drive me into town.

Tirana was a beautiful city. They have ancient buildings and castles that I loved to explore if I could have time to do it. But duty came first and I will have time more than I was planning on to stay here.

"Hello," I said as I went inside the restaurant that my driver brought me. I don't think it would be nice like this but I was having so much fun in the environment and wanted to stay here but I have other plans as well.

"Can I have a chicken parmesan to go, please?" I said as I was looking at the hostess. She looked nice as she was smiling at me.

"That would be 15 euros," she said as I handed her my credit card. I did not open any local banks yet but I have a Master's credit card which was acceptable to all of the restaurants or maybe the ones that have a card scanner.

"Thank you, you may wait over there," she said before she disappeared into the restaurant as I took my seat. I was opening my phone as I was looking around on social media. Well, I mostly looked at my sister's photo with her husband. It was nice to see such love existed for my sister.

I sighed as I just remembered that I have my own love life but it was ended before it even started. well, maybe it started and ended badly. I heard my name was being called before I went to get my food and thanked the nice lady. I went to the car as my driver was waiting for me.

"Do you have any place that you would recommend to eat lunch?" I asked him as I was stopping before I got inside the car. He arched an eyebrow.

"I was wondering if some fresh air would be good for me. I have been cracking the codes for hours" I said as I was trying to convince him to let me go.

"Well, there is one place that I know," he replied as he looked at me. I smiled at him.

"Do you reckon you can send me there? I can get back to the house without you later," I said as I don't want him to wait for me. I wanted to be alone right now.

"Well, if you insist, Miss,"

"I am and I hope that you will be dismissed for the day as well. Enjoy life. Maybe get someone to spend the time with," I said as I was wiggling my eyebrows at him. He laughed.

"That would be nice actually," he replied. I smiled.

"Great, it's done then,"  I said before I went inside the car and I was happy to know that at least I have some time for myself before I cracked some coding for one Danial Summer.

I was looking at the beach as I was sitting on the side that has some gazebos and picnic tables for the strollers or pedestrians to take a sit. I was opening my lunch when I felt like someone was watching me. I turned to look around but there was no one around me. I was all alone.

I shrugged before I went to dig in my food. It was delicious. I cannot believe that I never had this before. It was kukurech, traditional Albanian food that I was happy to indulge in it. I moaned at that taste as it entered my mouth.

"You might want to keep that pretty little sound of yours shut, cara," a voice startled me as I was turning around to look. It was none other than my archenemy but also my flame.

It was Danial Summer.

Danial Summer's POV

After I did some research as I sent the information that I have on Flora Kent. I sighed as I was looking at my mundane life. I'm pretty sure that I will die if Flora was nowhere to be found.

I think it was odd to have a person gone in a matter of 5 months. I know as I have been keeping track of her. I have been hacking into the security cameras around her apartment and the weird thing was I did not see her anywhere 5 months ago.

I know, call me a stalker but when it comes to Flora, I would not hesitate to take a bullet for her. She was the best thing that could ever happen to me and I will never let her go. Never again.

"Hey, I will be off tonight, I see you tomorrow," I said to one of my colleagues as he was looking at me bored.

"And why are you telling me this?" He asked as he was looking at me up and down.

"Well, maybe if the big boss comes, you will tell him that I took off and you will be rewarded handsomely," I said as I took my stuff, well, my phone, wallet, and keys anyway, and I took my coat as it was freezing outside of Seattle.

"Hey! Should you be telling that yourself, dude?" He asked me as I was walking out of the door. I chuckled at his attempt before I went out of the building. Well, today will not be the day that I will give up on my love.

I went to the apartment as I have the best equipment that I can get. It was my parents' money, really, but who cared when you will inherit them all one day and will be free to do anything you want with it.

Well, I cared as I wanted to raise my family with Flora, together as the one that she mentioned 5 months ago. My heart sank at that thought as I was clenching my heart. It was having one of its seizures whenever I thought about that moment.

"Keep it together, Summer," I said as I went inside the house and I switched on the lights. My cat, Summer, I named her after my family, I know how hilarious it was when I called her, was purring at my feet as I went to pick her up.

"Have you been a good girl today? Are you hungry, my angel?" I asked her before I went to put some of her food inside her container and she went to eat it. I smiled as I was scratching her head before I went to switch on my computer.

I have been developing something for the past 5 months. I noticed that when Flora disappeared, it was the same timeline as my Clean Slate project. And I have a hunch that she was involved in it.

I typed in my password and I launched the program that will locate any clearance of data. I put in the date of 5 months ago and the search was on. I waited and waited until I got bored when I decided to get some dinner from the leftover last night.

I went to reheat the pasta that my mum made as I went to my parents last night and I went to the computer before I put the food down as I found something peculiar. It was an alert that someone has changed and altered their existence.

And it was none other Flora Kent to Flora Clover.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 498 29
Iris Mays knew being accepted to a prestigious high school as a lower class citizen would have it's ups and downs. But she didn't know one of those...
278K 9.1K 41
♜ 𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ♜ (Not edited, a first draft) When two different people with two very different paths in life collide, there is not a...
11.6M 517K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
162K 2.6K 45
[TO BE EDITED] Book #1 (Princess of Greece) "I have offer for you." I start. "Hmm interesting." He walks towards me and takes cigar pack from nightst...