Westwood Road

By purdyrebel2004

The third book in the Ashley Purdys Daughter series Rebel is on trial and she is trying to do good. But with... More

Chapter.1.
Chapter.2.
Chapter.3.
Chapter.4.
Chapter.5,
Chapter.6.
Chapter.7.
chapter.8.
Chapter.9.
A/N
A/N
A/N
Chapter.10
Chapter.11.
Chapter.12.
Chapter.13.
A/N
Chapter.14.
Chapter.15.
Chapter.16.
Chapter.17.
Chapter.18.
Chapter.19.
Chapter.20.
Chapter.21.
Chapter.22.
Chapter.23.
Chapter. 24.
Chapter.25.
Chapter.26.
Chapter.27.
Chapter.28.
Chapter.29.
Chapter. 30.
Chapter.31.
Chapter.32.
Chapter.33.
Chapter.34.
Chapter.35.
Chapter.36.
Chapter.37.
Chapter.38.
Chapter.39.
Chapter.40.
Chapter.41.
Chapter.43.
Chapter.45.
Chapter.46.

Chapter.44.

49 0 1
By purdyrebel2004

(In this chapter, you will see and learn more about Rebels childhood.)

Rebel POV

(2 weeks later)

I don't know how long I have been down here. Ghost comes in and out. He'll drop off food, water, and occasionally he'll drop off books. At least I have books. If I just had to stare at the cement wall, I was gonna lose it.

He hasn't abused or forced me to do anything that I didn't want to. If anything he was actually treating me very good. But I know that it can only last for so long. I'm hoping by the time he snaps, I'll be gone.

While being here, it has made me look back in my life and choices. All the right and wrong ones. The one I probably regret is when I found out that dad was part of a band. It happened when I was 13, I still remember it like it was yesterday.

(Que the flashback)

I was sitting I'm the school cafeteria with Sam and the gang (Raven was not in the group at the time) we were listening to music on my phone and it was Heart of Fire Black Veil Brides.

"Do you guys look up a picture of the band before you listen to them? Or listen to a song and then look up a picture?" Alex asked.

"I look up picture first. So I can get an idea and visual of them singing," Alpha said.

Most of them agreed with her.

"No. I listen to the band first. Because a lot of bands get judged just because of their looks. And when people see them and what they look like, they automatically think that they are just screamo or trash.
Take twisted sister for an example, nobody took them serious because of how they look and now look at them. They are one of the best Rock bands," I said.

"That makes sense. I agree with her. Mainly because people judged my dad before listening to his music," Sam said leaning back in his chair.

"So Rebel, what do you think of Black Veil Brides? Look wise," Ghost asked.

"I don't know," I said truthfully.

"What do you mean?" Alpha asked.

"I mean. I haven't seen a picture of the band. I just haven't had time to," I said.

"Bro, they are literally so hot. Especially the base player. We all know that you have a thing for base players," Alpha said winking at me.

I covered my face in embarrassment. She is referring to my crush on Sam.

"No I do not. I just think most of them are pretty," I said.

"So am I pretty?" Sam asked jokingly.

"I-" I was cut off by Alpha.

"This is what they look like," Alpha said.

I looked up and took her phone. I looked at the phone and silently gasped. I showed the phone to Sam.

"Is this who I think it is?" I asked Sam.

I looked at Sam and he nodded his head.

"Is he who?" Alex asked.

"Um. I bumped into the base player at the store once. I was long time ago but it was just deja vu. Don't worry about it," I said.

"Ok," he said.

After school was over, I rushed home. I was furious to say the least. How could dad lie to me? He always told me he was a businessman and that he has long conferences in other places that's why he wasn't home!

He supposed to be leaving again for another 'conference'. The thing I'm more pissed about is that he knew I loved BVB. He knew I loved the lead singer. He was the one who told me not to look them up. It would "ruin the experience".

It all makes sense now. How he could get me all of the merch before it went online. He claimed he had connections. Which I guess wasn't a lie. But it would also explain why I could never go to one of their concerts.

After i punched the code for the gate, I walked up the driveway and seen that father was not home. This is my chance. I ran into the house and up to my room. I sit down my bag and got on my computer.

If he wouldn't tell me. I will make sure he knows that I know. I went on BVBs website and went to the tickets. I searched and found a L.A. date. I grabbed my dad's credit card information from his books and put it in. I confirmed the purchase and we wait.

If I'm right about this, then he should be coming home furious. Because he will be getting the email and the receipt sent to his phone.

I grabbed my bag, closed the door,and sat on my bed. I pulled out my homework, plugged in my earbuds, and did my homework. I know what's gonna happen. He is gonna storm in and start yelling. That's if he ain't drunk. If he's drunk I'm gonna hide in my closet.

I wasn't paying attention until dad came through my door. Nearly making it fall off its hinges, from how much force he opened the door.

"Rebel Jade Purdy, you are in big trouble missy," dad said.

I could tell he was mad. I took out my earphones and looked at him.

"Whatever do you mean dad?" I asked.

"Cut the shit now. Listen, I know your a teenager now and you have this attitude and everything. But, it does not give you the damn right to use my credit card to buy tickets to a concert that I told you that you could never go!" he yelled.

"What's the problem?! Cant I go and see my own father in concert?!" I yelled at him.

That stumped him.  But as soon as shock appeared on his face it was replaced with anger.

"How in the hell did you find out?" He asked.

"Alpha. We were talking about BVB, she asked if I ever seen a picture of them and I told her no, because you said it would ruin the 'experience'. So she showed me and guess who was on the picture dad?" I asked him.

"Rebel. There is a lot that you don't understand right now. But I swear when you get older I will tell you," dad said his voice softening.

"No. I want to know now. Why did you lie to me about your job? Why didn't you tell me that you are a rockstar? That thousand of fans want you? That you are the base player of one of my favorite bands?!" I yelled at him.

"You will not nor ever raise you voice at me again." Dad said his voice dark.

"Dad-" I started.

"Shut up Rebel. I have let you get away with a lot of things. Some things I shouldnt have let you get away with but I did. Because I have tried to provide you with a normal life and you cant even see how much i have done for you." He said.

"A normal life? My life is anything but normal! All of my friends dad are home as much as they can be, and when they are home they spend as much as time they can with their children. 
When you get back from your so called 'conference' you throw parties and have all these random people over, that means I have to hide in my room," I said.

"I dont throw parties everytime I come home Rebel. You are exagerrating and being dramatic," he said

"Of course you would say that. Because that's what I am nowadays. The over exaggerating daughter. You know dad I am so sorry that I just missed you. I'll remember that next time I get urge to call you," I said.

"Rebel I-" he started I cut him off.

"Dad, I have a lot of homework to do. Can you please leave?" I asked him. 

He looked at me with such disappointment and it crushed me. He walked out and slammed the door closed making me jump. I pulled my knees to my chest and started crying.

Was I overreacting? I laid down on my bed and looked at my ceiling. I couldn't stop the tears from coming out of my eyes.

(End of flashback)

It took about a week before we talked to each other. Let's just say I was grounded for a long ass time. Like I'm telling you, I was probably grounded for a month.

Dad cancelled the tickets obviously. Apparently he got into a lot of trouble over my order by their manager. That what made my grounding longer.

I guess up until that point, I took advantage of my dad. I didnt see how much stress I was putting on him. He was rockstar, a single/widowed dad, and he was taking care of his child by himself.

Let's just say I felt like shit when I came to the conclusion. Like I broke down in front of my father and had a major panic attack. Worst day of my life.

My dad wasn't always a saint. I mean I dont think anyone's dad is a saint. But, every wrong he did, he made up for it. It took me awhile to finally see how much my dad has done. He does make up for all of his faults. At least after that whole ordeal we didn't fight as much. We still fought, but just not as much.

The only person I fought with a lot is probably my aunt on my mom's side. She was the biggest bitch ever. She doesn't talk to us after our last fight. It was probably was when I was 15.

(Ques flashback)

It all started over Sam. Sam and I were in the living room sitting on the couch doing our history project when my dad came rushing in.

"Is everything ok?" I asked

"No. Your aunt is on her way. Just be prepared for her and her comments. Rebel no matter what she says you are to no intervene," he said.

"I won't. Well, will try my best not to," I told him.

"Rebel," my dad warned.

"I said I'll try. She needs to learn that sometime it's better to keep your opinions to yourself," I said.

Before he could say anything we heard a knock. My swore liked a sailor and went to the door.

"Whatever she says Sam. Do not say anything. She likes to get a reaction out of people," I said.

He nodded. We went back to our projects when my dad came in with my aunt.

"Rebel. Your aunt is here," dad said.

"Hi Aunt Joy," I said.

"Ain't you gonna give your aunt a hug?" She asked.

"Sorry. I dont like when people touching me," I said politely.

"Your raising her well Ashley," she said sarcastically.

"Joy, you know she's been like this since she was a child. If she doesn't want to hug you than she doesn't have to," dad said.

"It is very rude not to hug yo or relatives. This is your doing Ashley," she spat.

"I'm not forcing her to do anything she's doesn't want to do,"he said.

"Whatever Ashley. Who is this?" She asked looking at Sam.

I could tell by the way she looked at Sam, she did not like him. She looked him up and down and shook her head in disgust. Let's just say I really wanted to slap that look off her face.
My aunt has always been judgemental. Even in the beginning of dad's and mom's relationship, she was judgemental. Nothing my dad did satisfied her.

"This is Sam. Ronnie's son," he said.

"Nice to meet you," Sam said.

"This is that felons son?" She said disgusted.

"Joy, stop. Dont call his dad that in front of him" Dad said standing in front of Sam.

"How can you let your daughter hang out with someone who's father is a murderer?" She asked.

All you could hear was a pencil snap. I looked over and Sam had snapped his pencil in half.

"Honestly, I thought after what happened to Lily you wouldn't let any type of murderer near Rebel," Joy said.

That was my breaking point. I could no longer stand by and let her talk trash about Sam and his dad. Ronnie is a good guy. He just doesnt take shit from anyone and stands up for himself. (A/N THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION)

"I think it's time you go Aunt Joy?" I said loudly.

She stopped talking and looked at me. Sam and dad turned and looked at me.  I could see the horror on my dad's face, and the irritated look on my aunt.

"Excuse you. Who do you think your talking to?" She asked putting her hand on her hips.

"A woman who is so miserable with her pathetic life that she has to go to her sisters husband and drag him down, so she can feel better about her self?!" I yelled at her.

Her and dad just looked at me.

"It doesnt matter if Sam's dad was convicted or not, it's in the past. Ronnie is a wonderful man. You have to bring people so you can feel superior about yourself. I am sick of tired of you coming around and acting like your better than everyone.
The only reason why anybody even knows you is because of my dad. Because he is famous and your not and feed off of that. So get the fuck out now," I said.

I grabbed Sam's hand and stormed out the back door. I walked through the yard and went to the greenhouse.
I would go to the greenhouse whenever something got really rough. That's was before my dad threw a party and some of his friends trashed it.

I was so mad at him that night that I locked myself in my room and didnt come out for at least 3 days. The only reason I came out of my room is because my dad would not go on tour until he seen me.

(End of flashback)

I miss my dad. I mean I've always miss him when he went on tours and stuff but this. This is different, way different. Probably because there is chance that I might not see him again.

I'm wondering if Andy and Dad has been fighting since I'm gone. They probably has. No doubt that dad tried to break up with already. I've learned when it comes to me my dad will spiral out of control.

I grabbed  the water that Ghost has left me down here. I've been putting it off, but I am dying of thirst. I took a big gulp of it and automatically I knew something was wrong with it.

My vision started getting hazy and dropped the glass and it shattered. Just then the door opened, I could make out that it was Ghost.

Where am I again?

"Ghostyy something is wrong," I slurred.

"Its ok babe. I'm here," he said.

I could feel the mattress I was on dip a little. I feel his arms going around me and pulled me closer to him. I snuggled up closer to him and I felt warm.

I could feel him threading his fingers through my hair and softly massaging my head. I leaned into his touch and fell asleep.

I am not dead. I lost motivation for the book and had to take a break for my mental well-being. Anyways, see ya ✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 344 21
Ashley Purdy finds his long lost daughter, but how does she react when she finds out
45.6K 1.4K 16
***If you haven't read Outlaw's Girl, read that first.*** Ashley and Belle are now married, and still getting the hang of things with baby Rylan, but...
231K 8.6K 39
Jake Pitts has come to take his daughters away from their abusive mother.
253K 7.2K 27
AU | Ashley Purdy is sixteen years old. He's gay and gets bullied. His dad abuses him but when he meets Andy, his whole life turns around.