MCU - Wanda Maximoff One Shot...

By Chiefduckgarden

Just a lot of different and random One Shots or short stories about MCU Wanda Maximoff ร— Female Reader (Mostl... More

Roses

Champagne Problems

469 6 4
By Chiefduckgarden

Wanda Maximoff × Female Reader
Words: 8138

Based on Taylor Swift's Champagne Problems

You booked the night train for a reason
So you could sit there in this hurt
Bustling crowds or silent sleepers
You're not sure which is worse

The cold air of New York filled her lungs as she walked through the streets of the big city. She was back in town after a long time outside the country. But even after all that time, her feet were basically walking on their own as she made her way to the cafe that used to be her favorite some years ago.
The sudden warmth hit her face as she walked through the doors of the establishment, and the familiar smell of coffee and food drew a smile on her face.

- Natasha Romanoff, what a nice surprise! - A male voice shouted from the bar with emotion - It has been a long time since the last time I saw you walking through that door - he continued as the redhead walked towards him.

- Dan, it's great to see you too - she answered with a soft smile taking a seat in front of the bar - How has everything been around here?

- Oh, we've been fine, you know, there has been no more alien invasion or attempts of ancient mythological gods to conquer the city, so, everything has been normal here - he laughed and the girl did too. The lives of those poor people have not been the same since Loki's last visit to earth.

- I'm glad to hear that - she said smiling - Can i have a regular coffee? - she asked and the man nodded.

- So, how you've been Natasha? Is fighting and protecting our world as tired as i heard? - Dan asked her as he began to prepare her order.

- You tell me. Have you ever blown up an entire country while fighting an army of robots a thousand feet from the ground?

- Oh yeah, the news from Sokovia was definitely a note, what a crazy world isn't? A whole country completely gone from the face of earth... - the man said, but when he saw the girl's reaction immediately added - But I'm sure you did what was necessary.

The Russian smirked and nodded without saying a word.

It's been a while since i last saw Y/N too, how is she? - he said trying to change the conversation.

Natasha felt a knot on her stomach at the mention of your name. It has been a while since someone asked her for you. She was the last person anyone expected to know something about you. Well, at least anyone who knew what had happened between the both of you.

- Oh, Y/N and i are not together anymore. We broke up a few years ago - she said almost in a whisper.

The man handed her the coffee with a surprise expression on his face. He couldn't believed what he was hearing. You and Natasha... Broke up? How could such an impossible thing could've happen?

- I'm sorry Natasha, i wouldn't have asked if I knew - Dan apologized.

- Don't worry, no many people outside the team knew about it, it was a very private matter - she said taking a sip of her coffee.

The man just nodded, not sure of what to say.

- Excuse me sir, I'll have a cappuccino and a bagel please - a voice spoke from the other side of the bar.

- Uhh sure, in a moment - Dan replied giving Natasha one last apologetic look before heading back to work.

She just smile and said goodbye heading towards the door to leave.

5 years ago

- I swear this place has an amazing chocolate cake, and the coffee is also really good, c'mon Natty, come with me - your pleading voice filled the redhead's room as you were trying to convince her to go with you to a new cafe you found a few days before .

- I don't feel like going out today honey - she replied from her bed without stop watching the screen in front of her.

You pouted and headed for her.

- Please, I promise you will love it - you tried again putting your best puppy eyes.

She sighed. How could she deny anything to you?

- Okay, let's go before I change my mind - she said faking a sarcastic tone.

You smile and pecked her lips for a kiss, then you took her by the hand and dragged her outside the compound.

She was happy to be the one that provide you happiness. All she could see was how excited you were to show her this new place, and to share it with her. She felt lucky to be the first person you thought about when something made you happy, to be the one you fell in love with, to be the one to call you hers.

After that afternoon the cafe became your usual place for dates, or just to go to eat. And consequently you became friends with the owner, Dan, a 58 year old man that was very kind and friendly to both of you since day one.
He watched your relationship from the outside for years, three to be exact, and he was sure that you two were perfect soul mates. Also, he was excited to have two avengers as regular costumers.

But then, life showed to have different plans for the both of you.

Because I dropped your hand while dancing
Left you out there standing
Crestfallen on the landing
Champagne problems

Natasha wasn't sure of when it started, but the constant overwhelming feeling of thinking about the future began to consume her.

If she had to mark a moment, she would say that was when she heard you talk about having an apartment together just for the two of you. Afterward, the idea of ​​a house crossed your mind and you couldn't stopped yourself from talking with her about it.

- Can you imagine having a house for ourselves, and having a dog, or cat, or... children, perhaps - you said while you were layed on her chest on the bed of your room.

She froze for a moment. A house? Children?
No, she wasn't ready to think about that yet. But she could tell you were.

So all she did was laugh.

- Sure, maybe someday.

But her tone gave you a bad feeling. You stood from your place and took a sit beside her.

- We've been together for almost three years now and almost nothing on our relationship has change since then. Maybe it's the right time to do a change, like move out of the compound and finding a new place, just for you and me - you said with a little bit of disappointment on your voice.

She heard you were getting upset, so she tried to calm you down.

- Okay, baby, let's chill, we don't have to fight over this.

- No but let's talk about it, i was really excited about talking with you about this kind of stuff.

- But why do you want to move out? here are our friends and the people that we love and consider our family - she replied on a try to convince you.

- Yes, but we only go to missions, save the world and then come back in here to wait for another mission. Also, some of them have another place to call home besides the compound.

Okay, you were getting on her nerves now.

- I thought this was enough for you.

You looked at her with teary eyes, about to cry.

- It was but... i tought we were on the same page. My bad - you answered moving your gaze to the ground.

She get that as a sign to leave the room, so she did. She definitely needed a drink.

When she got into the bar that Stark put on the compound for the parties that he used to do after long missions she found Steve and Banner on it.

- Place for one more? - she said as she placed herself between the two man drinking.

- Sure Romanoff, anything in particular that you'd like? - the blonde man asked her.

- No, anything will be fine, I'm kind of having a rough time - she said quietly.

- What happened? - Banner asked.

She sighed.

- I just had figth with Y/N

- Why? - Steve questioned as he handed a glass to her.

- Well, she wants us to move out to a place for me and her, and basically begin a new life with prospects of starting a family - she said sipping her drink.

- Isn't that a good thing? That she wants a future with you? - the Cap asked confused.

Natasha thought about it for a moment. Wasn't that good? Steve understood her silence and smiled friendly at her.

- I know this might seem scary, you never thought there would be chance for you to have a normal life, but Nat, there is a chance, and Y/N knows that. She loves you, maybe you should do it.

And that's how her night went, hearing Steve talk about how good it'd be if she moved out with you and how great your lives would become.

But something about that didn't felt right with her. She loved your lives just as how they were. And she didn't even knew why she couldn't see herself having that lifestyle with you.

Eventually Steve left the bar to go to sleep and leaving her and Banner alone in the place.
The green man hadn't speak that much that night, he mostly just listened Rogers talk, just like Natasha.

- What do you think Bruce? Any advice for your friend? - she said taking another shot of liquor.

He smiled slightly, imitating the redhead's action with the drink.

- Well Nat, I think I kind of understand your feelings. People like you and I don't get to live a normal life, ever.

- You don't think i should give a chance to this new phase with Y/N?

- I think you should do what you feel like doing, don't act just because you are under pressure.

She sighed.

- So you are saying you don't see yourself living a life like that? Like with a wife or kids?

He nodded

- That's right, if i ever get a partner i'll make sure that she has the same life goals and plans. That she understands my lifestyle and be okay with it, without any strong compromise that could possibly hurt each other's feelings in the future. This way to live, where we are always saving the world it's not for everybody, we don't know if we will ever stop cause the danger can come from nowhere. And i don't want anyone to waste their time either, people deserve better.

She knew exactly what her friend was talking about, cause she felt the same. It would be sort of impossible for you and her to try to persue a suburban lifestyle, cause your work was a priority. Or at least it was for her.

She kept talking with Bruce about it for a few more minutes and then both left the bar.
She wasn't sure if you wanted to see her so she went straight to her room, maybe you were with Wanda, you had became a good friend of the Sokovian after defeating Ultron. But her surprise was that you were already there waiting for her.

- Hi - you said almost inaudibly.

- Hi - she replied closing the door behind her and walking towards you.

She saw the rednes around your eyes, as a proof of how much you have cried that night. And she felt guilty, you didn't deserve that.

- Listen Nat, i'm sorry if tonight i tried to push you into anything that you are not ready for, but i really thought that it was the right time to do it - you started talking in a shaky voice.

She felt horrible with herself. How could she hurt you? the person she loved the most was in pain because of her.

- No no no, honey, i'm sorry for how i handled the situation, it's just that i don't think i want to have that just yet, maybe we should get married first and...

- Married? - you asked, a slightly hope coming out your voice.

Oh no. She was giving you a fake hope for something that she might never be ready for.
But the words came out of her mouth before she could even think of what she was saying.

- Yes - she said still unsure - Maybe we can give that step first before doing something else.

You smiled brightly and held her by the neck to crash your lips with hers. Maybe Nat was right, you needed to star slowly.

She felt relaxed after that night, maybe over the time you'll see how great you two were together without any pressure for the future.
But the clock was ticking for the both of you.

Your mom's ring in your pocket
My picture in your wallet
Your heart was glass, I dropped it
Champagne problems

Unlike your girlfriend you never stopped thinking about the wedding thing since that night. You were only waiting the right moment to do it, cause you wanted to be you the one to propose to Nat. You knew how insecure she was feeling about it and wanted to give her the secure to give the next step. You were so ready.

So you began to plan everything, and asked Wanda for help.
Of course, she said yes.
Since the destruction of Sokovia you were the closest person to the girl and you had been there for her anytime she needed it. Cause, for sure Vision was a great friend for her too, but there was something about you that made her feel happy, your presence was like a breath of fresh air to her soul. Everytime you were near, she felt in complete confidence.
But when those feelings started to develop into something deeper, she tried to take a step back.
She knew about your relationship with Natasha and was grateful with the redhead for sharing you with her. The russian girl never showed any kind of jealous about you friendship, and Wanda didn't wanted to betray Nat's trust. So she tried to put those feelings aside. But undoubtedly they were still there, making your engagement, being like hell for her.

- I'm gonna go for the rings to my old parent's house next week and gonna ask Stark about doing the proposal on the compound, with all of our friends - you said to Wanda, who was with you on your favorite cafe, chatting about the proposal planning.

- That's great, it'll be intimate but with your closest friends with you - she agreed - So you're giving her your mom's ring?

- Yes, she told me that she wanted me to give that ring to the girl i married, and for me to wear my father's. It will be something very special.

She wished she was that girl.

You both continued talking for a while longer without knowing that it was the last time you would be in that cafe.

Natasha was completely unaware of your plans, she thought you were taking your space after your last fight. No one but you, Wanda and Tony knew about the proposal.

You told your family for a reason
You couldn't keep it in
Your sister splashed out on the bottle
Now no one's celebrating

Dom Pérignon, you brought it
No crowd of friends applauded
Your hometown skeptics called it
Champagne Problems

And the day finally came. Stark told the team that they were having an intimate party just for them to celebrate their union. They knew that he had always liked to have parties for no reason, so they just confirmed their attendance without asking any more. The only requirement was to be as stylish as possible, because "they couldn't look like homeless all the time" in Stark's words.

So you chose a cute black suit tailored for you and a matching pair of high heels. "You looked amazing," in Wanda's words.

Natasha wore a silver-gray dress that fell just above her knees. "She looked like a Goddess" in your own words.

The dinner was well, you and the team were chatting about anything and everything. Every single one of your friends was there: Sam, Bucky, Clint with Laura, Cap, Banner, Thor, Wanda, Maria Hill, Stark, Pepper, Vision, Peter and even Nick Fury himself was there. He might not be close to you but he was special for Natasha, so you asked Stark to invite him over.

You couldn't stop to feel butterflies on your stomach. Wanda squeezed your hand giving you a supportive look. "It's gonna be fine" she whispered in your ear. Stark gave you a sign that he had ready the champagne to celebrate as soon as Natasha said yes.

You gave a last glance to the Natasha's picture you always kept with you in your wallet.
You were ready.
It was time.

You had a speech, you're speechless
Love slipped beyond your reaches
And I couldn't give a reason
Champagne problems

You got up from your chair and caught everyone's attention by tapping your fork against your glass.

Suddenly the room was quiet and everyone's eyes were on you. You felt your blood run to your face as you flushed, but then you started to talk.

- Goodnight everybody, I hope you had a great dinner and a great night as well. Tonight you came here by Tony's call, but I'm the one who asked him to get all of you gathered together.

Natasha was confused, why didn't you tell her that dinner was your idea?
She looked for Tony's face and she saw him smiling and holding a champagne bottle. Then she found Banner's look on her, he was given her a sad smile, almost pity.

What was happening?

Bruce heard from Tony what were your plans for the night a few minutes ago. He knew Natasha's feelings, so he couldn't help but feel pity for you, and for her.

- As everyone here know, me and this beautiful woman been together for almost 3 years now. We've been through very different situations and plenty of experiences that make me realized she is the love of my life, and the girl i want by my side for eternity...

Wanda, sitting right beside you, was heartbreaking. She was holding a soft smile to give you confidence, but in the inside all she wanted to do was ask you to don't ask Natasha for marriage. But everything was settled, after that night you would be Natasha's forever.

The Sokovian saw you getting in one knee front of your girlfriend, taking a little red velvet box out of your pocket.

A bucket of cold water hit on Natasha in that instant.

- Natasha...

- No, Y/N, no, I'm sorry - she cut you off before you could even start your special speech to her.

Everyone on the room was in complete silence after that, the only sounds that could been heard was the music playing on the background, Natasha's heels walking out of the room and her sobs. She ran out crying.

But you, you were frozen still on your knee. All you could feel was a pain on your chest as you began to be aware of what had just happened.
Reality hit you.
She said no.

Wanda took a few seconds to react to the situation, but the sudden splash of the champagne that Tony was holding took her out her thoughts. She looked at him and the man's face went all red whilst trying to stop the liquid.

- Okay people, the party is over, let's give her some space, everybody out of this room now - Tony said, still trying to stop the drink, and everyone obeyed him in a hurry.

Only Wanda and Vision stayed. 

Wanda went straight to help you to stand up, but you fell on both of your knees instead.

- Y/N - she said your name with sadness.

You said nothing. Everything went blurry from that moment. You weren't sure if it was because of your tears or because you felt like you might pass out at any moment.

- Vis, help me sit her on the chair please - she said and the android took you gently by the arm so that you could use him as a support, passing a hand on your back to help you walk.

When you made it to the chair your tears begin to fall down as you started to cry.
Wanda knew in advance that it would take you a while before you could start to talk about the situation. She asked Vision to leave te room so you could cry as long as you wanted.

She would be there with you.

If she was honest, she couldn't understand Natasha's actions. Even her, knew that the redhead was over heels for you, and she expected the girl to say yes. She was as confused as the rest of the team.

Your crying brought her out of her thoughts, your eyes were all red as was your face. You were a mess.

- I wanna go to my room, please - you asked her between sobs, she nodded and took your hand to lead you upstairs.

When the two of you were in front of your door, you realized that it would be torture for you to walk in when everything in that room could remind you of Natasha.

- Can we go to your room? I don't wanna go inside mine - you said to Wanda.

- Yes, of course - she replied and lead you both to her room.

Once in there you continued crying. How could she ever did such a thing to you? Natasha was supposed to be your eternal love but now all she had done was rip your heart out without thinking twice.

You were on Wanda's lap as she was caress your back and your hair, singing a Sokovian lullaby softly. You didn't know what she was saying but it was so relaxing that you stayed like that for minutes.

- I can't believe what she said - you finally spoke - I thought she loved me.

- I'm sure she loves you Y/N, maybe she just freaked out - she tried to convince you it could have been a first reaction of her part.

- Clearly she doesn't love me as much as I love her - you said with a sad tone, and began to cry again.

- Don't overwhelmed yourself with those thoughts, you haven't spoke to her yet

- You're rigth, she hasn't even come to talk to me.

Wanda didn't said anything else. She couldn't kept trying to justify Nat's actions anymore, it had been a while from the dinner events and the redhead hadn't shown up since she ran out.
So she just let you vent with her for as long as you needed.

The person who you loved the most had broke you. It didn't matter what her reasons were, all you knew in that moment was that Natasha didn't wanted to spend the rest of her life with you. The worse thing was that you truly believed on her word on what she told you a few weeks ago, you believed she wanted to go slow, step by step. But now you were sure Natasha wasn't sure to even start.

- May I spend the night with you? I don't want to be alone right now - you asked Wanda, hoping for her to say yes.

- Of course, I'm not letting you be by your own tonight - she said with a soft smile - I'll lend you a pijama so you can be more comfortable okay?

You just nodded and let the girl take care of you.
Although your mind was begging you to get some rest, you couldn't help but wonder where Natasha was and what was she doing.

---

The moment she ran out of the dining room she headed outside the compound, in needing of fresh air. Her tears were all over her face and she screamed in pain knowing that everybody was still inside and no one could hear her.

What have she done?

Everything felt like a nightmare. All she could remember was your face fulled with pain the moment she cut your speech out to tell you no.

She cried again at the remind of her own words.

But she needed to stop you before you could start to proclaim your love for her, otherwise she would have accept the engagement and made you believe she wanted to get married.

Now she was wondering if she made the right thing. You prepared a whole night for her and she just screwed up everything.
But why would you? She knew she told you before that marriage was an option for her, but never expected you to propose to her.

But you did, and she said no. In front of all of your friends. She left you kneeled with the ring on your hand.

- I'm a monster - she whispered to herself.

The sound of steps on the grass caught her attention. Clint and Banner were approaching towards her.

- Nat - Clint said as he become closer - Oh Nat

- Clint, please, I want to be alone now - she requested.

But the men held her in a hug and she broke inside his arms.

- I'm a horrible person - she said between her crying.

- No, Nat you're not - he tried to comfort her.

- I just broke her heart

He and Banner didn't say a word. They knew Natasha had just messed up her relationship, the moment went awful not just for the two girls but for the whole people watching. No one was expecting such a twist on the night.

- Where is she? - Nat asked breaking the hug.

- Wanda and Vision are with her on the dining room.

She nodded and hugged Clint again.

The three of them sat on the little bench of the garden and Banner gave his blazer to Nat so she could be warm.

- What am I supposed to do? I don't think she'll ever talk to me ever again - Nat finally said after a few minutes.

- But you both need to talk, what just happened is something huge for the two of you and your relationship - Clint said

- I know but, maybe if we talk it'll be just to... - before she could finish her sentence her tears came out of her eyes. Natasha realized that everything was over for the both of you. The talk you will have would be the final talk. To finish everything.

- You're not sure about getting married rigth? - Clint asked her friend.

She shake her head side to side. He understood.

- So you would rather finish everything with Y/N before do something you don't want to do? - Bruce said

- Banner I don't think Nat... - Clint tried to interrupt him but the doctor kept talking.

- No Clint, I'm seriously asking cause what happened in there was not a joke. Nat needs to begin to think about what she wants for hers and Y/N's future.

- Maybe she doesn't need to figure everything out just yet - Clint said.

- I just don't think that's fair for Y/N - Banner said before stood from the bench to look at Nat - You know what you want Nat, if you're sure you can handle marriage then go an tell it to Y/N. But if you're sure you like your life just as how it is so far, you need to start to think about what is going to happen. I told you, this way to live is not for everybody, make sure Y/N is part of the people who understand that.

Then the doctor said goodbye and left the pair of friends alone.

- Clint I don't think I'll ever want to be married - she split out of nowhere

The men sighed.

- Are you sure Nat? Like never? Not even to Y/N?

She shook her head.

- No... - the redhead paused for a second - And don't get me wrong, i love her so much, i would love to have her forever in my life... But i don't think i can give her the life she wants, the life she deserves.

- But if you want to be with her, what would be the difference of being married or not?

- Because she wants more. She talked to me about buying a house and having pets and children. She wants a family lifestyle and I don't.
I like our lives just as they are so far, living here, going on missions and saving the day; and it's been amazing having her by my side all this time, but that's not enough for her anymore.

That's when it dawned on Nat what she needed to do.

Your Midas touch on the Chevy door
November flush and your flannel cure
"This dorm was once a madhouse"
I made a joke, "Well, it's made for me"

How evergreen, our group of friends
Don't think we'll say that word again
And soon they'll have the nerve to deck the halls
That we once walked through

Your friends were unsure about what to do. Some of them were on the bar waiting for news about you and Natasha, mostly hoping it was a misunderstanding and that you would be engaged by the end of the night.

But as the time went by some of them understood that the situation was worse than they could have imagined, so they started to either go to their rooms on the compound or leave to go home, all worried for what would come for the two of you.

The only person who didn't seem shocked at all was Nick Fury. That men knew Natasha well enough to know that she was not getting married now or ever. And for a split of second he felt sorry for you, cause he already knew what Natasha was about to do.

One for the money, two for the show
I never was ready, so I watch you go
Sometimes you just don't know the answer
'Til someone's on their knees and asks you

You woke up late the next day, not wanting to leave Wanda's room. You were terrified by the idea of finding Nat on the halls, so Wanda brought your breakfast to her room and some of your clothes for you to wear.

Nat didn't came out of her room that day either, Steve went talk to her as he did to you too, but Nat had took a decision, she was just waiting to find the right words to go to talk to you.

By five in the afternoon she knew it was time to face it, so she encouraged herself and went to your room hoping find you in there.
She opened the door looking for your presence, but she found and empty room with the lights out.

- She's not in there - Wanda's voice told her from the hall - She spent the night in my room.

Natasha turned around to find Wanda holding a tray of food.

- This is her meal. Do you want to take it to her? - the brunette girl offered to Nat.

Romanoff just nodded and took the tray.

- Thanks Wanda, thanks for taking care of her last night - Nat said on their way to Wanda's room

- Don't worry Nat, Y/N is my friend, I would do anything for her

- Is she mad at me?

- No, i don't think so, mostly sad and disappointed - Wanda said - But she wants to talk with you, she was waiting for you to come over last night.

- I know, but i also needed to think, now i'm sure about what i'm gonna say - Natasha told as they came in front of the door.

- Natasha, please don't break her heart - Wanda said softly before the redhead could get inside the room.

The russian similed sadly at the girl.

- Wanda, after today Y/N is going to need you all the way. Please make sure she doesn't drown herself on sadness and pain. She deserves a better life than the one i could ever offer to her. Make sure she finds someone good enough for her. Could you do me that favor?

Wanda said nothing. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Nat was gonna break up with you definitely.

Natasha opened the door to get in and closed it behind her.

- Wanda I told you I'm not hungry - she heard your voice from under the blankets, you were all covered up from head to toe.

- Y/N - the woman said your name.

The moment you heard her voice you froze on your place. You were worried to get out of the blankets and face her.

- Could you please get out of the bed? You need to eat and... We need to talk - she said placing the tray of food on the counter beside the bed.

You said nothing, still all curled up on mattress

- Please Y/N, look at me...

- No, Natasha, I don't wanna look at you - you finally said.

- We need to talk, is important

- What do you wanna talk about!? - you yelled in exasperation as you finally came out of the blankets - Oh yeah, about how you shut me down last night when i was giving you my heart? When I was about to propose to you?

She jumped a little due the sudden change of the atmosphere. Just as Wanda said, she saw the disappointment on your eyes.

- Please, let me explain...

- You said you wanted to go slow, step by step, and even after being together for almost three years i gave you that - you cut her off

- Yeah I know but-

- You said that we should get married first, and i gave you that, or at least I tried - you chuckled sarcastically

- I know, and I'm so sorry for giving you non-existent hopes, but...

- non-existent hopes? What do you mean? - you asked her with a broken voice.

She sighed.

- I don't want to get married Y/N, never - she said.

You felt your heart breaking as the tears began to roll down your cheeks.

- And i'm sorry for making you believe that I would do it one day, but i thought you would forget the subject eventually.

- Forget the subject? Natasha i told you i wanted to have a family with you one day, why would I forget my intentions on marry you? - anger began to run through your body.

- That is the problem Y/N, i don't see myself having that life, i don't wanna have a family or have a perfect house with a picket fence - she mentioned, breaking your heart in the process.

You were speechless after that, so she kept talking.

- I like my life and i like my job, do you think that the danger or the bad guys will wait for us to have our perfect Barbie life before attacking again?

- So you want to do this forever? - you questioned, finally realizing what she was saying.

- Yes, i want that, and it's unfair for you because you want and deserve something i can't give you, you deserve something better... Someone better...

You shook your head denying.

- No, no, Nat, please - you plead in a whisper - Don't do this... Please...

She stared at you, tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

- I'm sorry Y/N...

- No, I'm sure we can make this work, we can... - you sight, looking right into her eyes - Please just don't... Please.

The silence in the room felt like hell. The both of you knew what was about to happen.

- Y/N...

- Nat...

She would've made such a lovely bride
What a shame she's fucked in her head, " they said
But you'll find the real thing instead
She'll patch up your tapestry that I shred

And hold your hand while dancing
Never leave you standing
Crestfallen on the landing
With champagne problems

The following days you locked yourself on Wanda's room again, refusing to go out, speaking exclusively to Wanda. The rest of the team didn't forced you to go out either, they were so worried about you, but thanks to Wanda they at least were sure you were still breathing.

After a week, you knew it was time to get out. You wanted to avoid Natasha at all costs. You were not ready to talk or see her again yet. But soon you found out that was not happening.

- She left the compound yesterday, Tony sent her to a undercover mission to Asia with Bruce, Steve and Clint - Wanda told you.

Wow, you weren't expecting that. She literally left you out of her life in less than one week.

Soon everyone knew that you had broken up with her definitely, and your teammates were in complete shock.

"I can't believe they broke up"

"It would have been a beautiful wedding"

"Poor Y/N she must be destroyed"

"I really believed they would end up together"

The time went by and you couldn't help to hear some of the things the people said about you and Natasha. It was incredibly painful the first weeks, but luckily you had Wanda. She was with you the whole time, holding your hand and cleaning you tears, never leaving your side.

After four months Wanda told you that Natasha had finished her mission on Asia and that she and the rest of the boys were coming back to the compound on the following days.

Sure, you had been a long way on your healing process, but weren't ready to see her again yet.

- I don't think i wanna be here when she comes back, Wanda i need to leave this place before her arrival - you told the girl.

- You want to leave? - she asked worried that you might want to be alone.

- I want us to leave, Wanda come with me, you've been with me this whole time, you are my rock, I don't think i can make it without you... But if you want to stay i completely understand...

- Oh Y/N - she cut you off cupping your face with her hands and smiling at you - I'm sure you can make anything you want all by yourself, but i'll be glad to go with you anywhere you want.

You stared at her eyes, feeling a warm sensation and then you kissed the palm of her hand that was on your face, making the girl's heart skipped like crazy.

Wanda knew that you were still healing, and that Natasha's wound was a deep one. But she felt hope that someday you would fall for her just as hard as you did for the russian. She would never leave you, she would give you the life you deserve.

That night you both talked with Tony about you plans and your reasons to leave. The man told you that there was a house, in Belgium that was big enough for the two of you and that was completely out of the radar, so you would have privacy. He also said that you could work for Stark Industries from there to earn some money.

You accepted immediately, and Tony told you that it was possible they might still need Wanda in the future to help the team occasionally. She agreed and the next night the both of you leaved to Belgium, so when Natasha was back you were completely gone.

Present day

After heading out the cafe Natasha walked to the park where she told Steve to wait for her.
She saw him sat on a bench next to his motorcycle.

- Hello stranger - she said once she was near enough for him to hear her.

He looked up and smiled at his friend. It was been a while since the last time he saw her. One year and a half to be concrete.

- Romanoff, it's good to see you again - he said as he stood up to hug the woman.

She felt good with the embrace.

- I know, but I'm finally back. How's been everything around here? - she asked taking a sit on the bench.

- Well you know, we hit the bad guys and taught them some manners.

They both laughed.

- How are you? - he asked this time

- Good, everything's been good. Just needed to solved some family issues that I had pendant, but now I'm available again for the Avengers.

- Well you are more than welcome, we need our Widow back.

Steve received a message from Tony, it was time for the party.

- Are you ready to go? Stark it's asking for us - the man said as he stood up to reach the motorcycle.

- Sure, i wanna see everyone - she said happily.

Then Steve remembered that there was something he needed to tell her.

- Uhmm Nat... Y/N and Wanda will be there too - he said.

Natasha felt a knot on her stomach again, your name was giving her goosebumps.

- I know, Tony told me when he call me to come, i'm fine with that - she answered, lying in the last part.

He sighed.

- Okay Romanoff, let's go.

The way to the compound was a little long, so she couldn't stopped her mind to think of you.
She wasn't updated with all your life, but the last thing she heard about you was that you now were on a relationship with Wanda since 2 years ago and that you were still living on Belgium.
She was happy for you, but the sensation of a hole on her stomach by the thought of you, building your life with someone else, was still there.

In all those years, there were a time where she found herself wonder, what if you were still with her? She hadn't changed her mind about the marriage idea, but then she thought that she could have changed it for you.

But on the moment she left you, she was sure of what she was doing, maybe still being so immature at that moment.

---

It was being great to see everyone again, it's been so long since the last time you have been in the compound. Wanda used to visit it a little more often than you because of her missions, but in the last year she stayed with you at home. Both had left the superhero life.

You and Wanda were married now, a half year ago you had a very private wedding at Belgium. You asked her to marry you after one year and a half of dating, and she have said yes. Only Pepper and Tony knew about it cause they were the only guests to the dinner celebration. Now you were thinking about starting a family soon. Wanda told you she would love to have two kids. And you couldn't be happier about it. That woman has became your entire world since the moment she dropped her life in America and followed you to Europe without thinking twice. She might not be your first love, but she definitely is the love of your life.

- Are you okay sweetie? You zoned out for a moment - your wife's voice took you out of your trance.

You look up to meet her eyes and smiled at her.

- Yes honey, i'm fine, i was just thinking about everything we've been through since the moment we left this compound - you said grabbing her waist to put her closer to you - And about how i'm so lucky to have you.

Wanda smiled and kissed you before giving you hug.

She was so happy that you were finally hers, that you loved her the way she always wanted, that she was the only one that get to call you wife and that she will be the mother of your future children.

Your moment was interrupted by Pepper and Tony, whom went to say hello. They became your closest friends since the moment Tony give you the house (that ended up being almost a Mansion, but for Tony it was just "big enough for the two of you"), and the happy couple was like family now to you.

Pepper stole your wife from your side to have a chat and you and Tony started to talk about Stark Industries. After so many years of working for him, you became her right hand for the business. It was a hard work, but the money you were earning was making it worth.

After a few minutes you saw Steve coming in the party, and your heart stopped for a second when you saw who was with him.

- Y/N - Tony said awkwardly - I might forgot to tell you that Romanoff was coming today.

You saw her greeting everyone on the room happily. She was blonde now. But, contrary of what anyone could think, all the sadness and anger you had against her on the past, was gone now.

Of course it was shocking for you to see her again after all those years, but you felt nothing more with her presence. No joy, no anger, no sadness, no disappointment... You just felt nothing after that initial surprise.

You knew nothing about her life on those years, only that Tony and Wanda had told you that she was  with Banner from time to time, and that she was still being an Avenger.

- Sweetheart - Wanda called you holding your hand. Judging by her face you could tell that she had seen Natasha as well.

- I know darling, i'm fine - you assured her and kissed her hand gently to let her know that everything was fine.

Natasha saw you next to Stark from the very first moment that she walked inside the room, but seeing her friends again took you out of her mind for some minutes. But when she went to greet Tony you were no longer there.

She spent the whole party trying to avoid you, and ignoring the knot on her stomach everytime she saw you and Wanda sharing moments.
From afar, she could recognize a ring placed on your left hand, and she saw the pair of that ring on Wanda's hand. She understood in that moment that, either you were engaged, or already married with the girl.

By the end of the night there was only the team left, still chatting and drinking. Eventually the wedding subject came out and everyone seemed excited to know everything about it.

- What i wanna know is why you only invited Stark? I thought we were besties Y/N - you heard Sam joking.

You and Wanda laughed, you were happy to finally talk about you special day with your friends.

- I promese to convince my wife to do a party here in New York to share with you guys - Wanda told and everyone cheered at the idea.

Everyone except Natasha. She was with Bruce on the bar on her attempt to avoid jeopardize the chat about you and your wife for the rest of the team.

Bruce tried to distract her from your conversation but totally failed. Natasha was not paying any attention to the doctor. Her mind was on you.

She saw how you held Wanda's hand to give it a kiss, talking about how your wedding day had been one of the best in your life. She heard about your plans for the future and how you were finally getting everything you ever dreamed about.
It was like slow motion for her, watching you so happy with your wife by your side.

And she dawned that the decision she took years ago was the right one. She couldn't had ever give you the life you had now. And she was grateful with Wanda for made you so happy. In your life there was no space for her uncertain lifestyle; there were no space for it in the past, and there was no space for it now in the future.

She heard a slow music begin to play and the lighting of the room suddenly shifted to a warmer tone, with a spotlight on the center for you and Wanda. The team made you both dance as soon as they knew you didn't had a dance on your wedding night. Everybody was staring at you with bright smiles on their faces as you and Wanda danced around the room like nobody else was there.

And Natasha smiled too. She was happy for you.

Your mom's ring in your pocket
Her picture in your wallet
You won't remember all my
Champagne problems
You won't remember all my
Champagne problems

------

So this is my first attempt on writing something in english. I take any advice on how to be better at this :)

I'm not sure if anyone will ever read this but i hope you like it, please leave a comment or a vote if you want to.
This is the largest thing I've ever write so I really hope it makes sense.

- RWM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 10.2K 48
Lizzie Olsen & Female Reader Book 1: Y/N is a 25 year old high school teacher in Florida who loves Marvel (duh), sharks, music and writing. When her...
364K 13.6K 40
You're Lizzie's best friend who just booked a role in Infinity War alongside her. You're so excited because Marvel is your favourite franchise. Peopl...
566K 19.7K 110
๐๐„๐‘๐•๐„. แ—ข ๐–๐€๐๐ƒ๐€ ๐Œ๐€๐—๐ˆ๐Œ๐Ž๐…๐… ๏ฝก๏ฝฅ*. | โ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ...
15.1K 372 16
BOOK 1 Y/N is a 23 year old super genius, she graduated University at 18 and has been obsessed on recreating wanda's mind reading powers. She was com...