KEEFER Of The Lost Cities(EDI...

By LollipopCakeyay

This is the first book of KOTLC, but instead of Keefe knowing what everyone feels, WE know what Keefe feels... More

Intro
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
Hogwarts Houses
I'm so sorry- Sunday was yesterday and I didn't update...
CHAPTER SEVEN
KOTLC CHARACTERS REACTING TO KOTLC MEMES
CHAPTER EIGHT
KOTLC CHARACTERS GODLY PARENTS/ Factions
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
Author's Note
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER NINE

53 1 0
By LollipopCakeyay

Keefe.... *sigh*

Keefe went to the..

*Shudders* Library *Shudders again*

Why am I doing this again? Why am I going to one of the most..uncomfortable places in the entire Elvin world?

Because Sophie. Because you need to figure out who or even... what she is. And more on brain pushes. Because she's too mysterious and I'm too smart not to try to figure it out. He told himself, as he headed to the leapmaster where his mom was sitting on a beach chair.

Wait, what?

Oh, she was trying to figure out where everyone was going. Does she not have anything better to do than be a stalker? And she's doing it while sitting on a BEACH CHAIR! WHO DOES THAT?

Okay, if she insists on watching where I'm going, she'll be surprised to hear that I'm going to the library.

And she maybe won't believe me

Keefe smirked at his mother, who raised an eyebrow. Again with the eyebrow? Well, if she can do it, so can he.

Keefe raised an eyebrow at Lady Gisela, who raised hers higher than his. Okay, this was actually getting hilarious.

"Oh mother, could you please try not to be creepy for a second? I mean, why are you sitting on a beach chair facing the leapmaster?"

"I can do what I want, so please, continue with where you are going." She stared at him, unblinking, and Keefe stared back, taking that as a challenge.

She blinked.

"YESSS! I WON! HAHA! I knew I could be creepier than you if I tried!" He laughed and ran directly at the leapmaster. "Mysterium Library!" He announced, smirking at his mother.

She raised an eyebrow, and that was the last thing he saw before he was facing a huge building he had never seen, of course, with a crystal sign reading, "Mysterium Library".

***************

Keefe didn't actually expect to find anything good. Sophie was an elf, and not every elf had a book written about them when they were 13 years old.

But maybe, just maybe he could fit some puzzle pieces together and BAM! Mysterious Miss Foster will be mysterious no more.

Okay, it won't be that easy. Keefe walked up the wide, twisted steps that circled up to the door of the library. His eyes searched the library from the inside, widening at the sight of so many books.

Endless shelves of books, reaching from floor to ceiling. All around walls, inside walls, literally BEING the walls. Books of every color, every genre. All the information in the world was probably in here.

Woah, was that a.... A book about "The Art of Styling Hair?"

Keefe stepped inside, thinking about how he did NOT need that book. In fact, maybe he should write his own book about styling hair. It would sell better than that book.

He walked to the lady by the desk, which, by the way, was also surrounded by carts and shelves and tables of books. He assumed she was the librarian, because it said so under her name on her name tag.

"Hello, Lady.. Lindra." Keefe said, as if he knew her. She looked up sharply, surprised at being addressed by her name.

She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "How do you know my name?" She asked, squinting at him, probably wondering if she knew him from anywhere.

"It's..uh.. on your name tag." Keefe said, confused. Did she not know she had one?

She glanced down, s then rolled her eyes. "I knew we shouldn't have gotten these. But nooo, the committee thought it would create a sense of 'community' if people knew our names. Do you think it creates a sense of community?" She asked Keefe.

Is this a trick question?

"Um, I'm pretty sure it's just creepy for you guys. I mean, if I were you, I'd go home looking around for stalkers, then make sure to triple lock all my doors and board up my windows. If someone knocked on my door, I'd ask for a password and only let them in if they did the chicken dance in front of my security camera. I'd also ask them to empty their pockets and not let them in if they have anything that could be used as a weapon. Some things that qualify as a weapon to me are melders, paper clips, files, since you know, you could get really nasty paper cuts. Knives, blue plastic hair brushes, and crochet hooks." Keefe said, which was actually mostly the truth.

"All right, all right, I get it. Is there a book you need help finding?" She asked, when Keefe gave her his library card his father had given him but he had never actually planned on using in his whole life. His fingers brushed hers and he realized that though she was mostly annoyed, she was partly intrigued. Wow, Keefe was not expecting that. Did she know he was joking about the security thing?

She seemed pretty oblivious to the world.

"Yes please, ma'am. I'd like a book about brain pushes?"

She smirked at him. "Thinking about trying to do one? Can I be there when you try?"

"No ma'am, but if you ever decide you're old enough to try, tell me how it goes. I'm researching brain pushes for a school project. Also, do you have any books about humans?"

"I'll find some for you myself, since you're such a polite young man." Elf. Man. elf man thing. Lol jk

"Thank you, ma'am." Keefe followed her to a nearby bookshelf.

***************

By the time the librarian was done, Keefe couldn't see anything over the books she had stacked in his arms.

Hoping he didn't trip over anything, he went over to a table and started reading. Kind of. He just looked over the page, searching for what he needed.

Brain pushes are another form of telekinesis. It uses mental energy instead of mental energy, while telekinesis uses core energy and mental control. It is a less draining way of moving things, but only Ancients have the kind of mental strength to do one. It takes years of training to store energy in your mind like that.

Keefe skipped a couple pages

Mental energy and core energy don't mix. If a person is ever in a situation where one person uses telekinesis and another person uses a brain push, they should expect the energy to rebound.

Well, now Keefe knew it was definitely a brain push. What he didn't know was how. And who did it. Fitz was a master telepath. His father was the one and only Alden Vacker, who was also one of the world's greatest telepaths. Both their mental strengths were very strong. But none of them were ancients.

Keefe didn't think Alden could do a brain push, much less Fitz. I mean, Fitz was 15. If he needed 15 years of training, he would have been training since he was born, and that wasn't possible, but you never knew with the Vackers.

But Sophie.. Sophie was 12. She wasn't even alive for 15 years. How would she have done it? She doesn't even have an ability. She literally grew up with humans and had no idea elves were real. How would she have done it?

He went up to Lady Lindra. "Excuse me, Lady Lindra.."

She looked up. "Oh. It's you again. What do you need?"

"You seem to know stuff about brain pushes and mental and core energy." He paused. "If you had two evenly matched people, with the same mental strength, and they had.. let's say a.. splotching match, would it rebound?"

"Of course not! Core energy mixes, and mental energy mixes together. But if one person used core energy, and one person used mental energy, then it would rebound."

"Okay, thank you ma'am. That really helps. Thank you."

He walked back to his table and put his head in his hands. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! That means one person did do a brain push. But who? And how?

But he hadn't even started on the human books.

He groaned. Everyone shushed him. "Sorry!" He said, remembering where he was.

"Shhhh!" Everyone said again.

"Oh, sorry.." Keefe covered his mouth. Everyone glared. He zipped his fingers across his mouth signifying that he wasn't going to talk.

Keefe stood up to put the brain push books back, and walked past the sections of birds, so boobries, moonlarks, wait... something caught his eye.

Any other person walking by would have missed it, but Keefe wasn't just any other person.

A dark patch on the wooden shelf curled in the shape of a.. moonlark. Normally, Keefe would think that was his imagination. But this was the perfect shape as a moonlark, down to every feather.

And there were more of them. A trail of them, leading to.. a corner?

Not seeing the purpose of following them any longer, Keefe went to his table.

But something about those moonlarks seemed really important. Keefe just didn't know what it was.

***************

After researching about humans for a while and not finding anything useful, Keefe gave up.

Instead of researching, or going home, which he didn't feel like doing, he stayed at the library and wandered over to the fantasy section.

Oh, what wonders he will find there, am I right? Maybe even a book about this girl who can read minds and finds out she's an elf. Maybe. Just maybe. Ugh. In the book's description page thing, it says this story is less than 5 minutes, even though it's clearly not.

Right?

~Zara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 1.9K 36
This is a SoKeefe fan fiction but can be read as a normal story without any spoilers from the books. Some characters in here aren't in the books so...
131K 2.5K 21
#13 in kotlc She only smiled up at him wading out deeper into the water. "I'm gonna go deeper than you," she teased. "In the water, or in our relatio...
2.5K 27 24
Hiiii this is my first soKeefe story. A couple of heads up: This is a human AU ( meaning no elves and abilities and stuff ) This is separate from the...
5.9K 73 35
*Spoilers from all the Books* There's a new girl in Firefox and in many ways, she's just like Sophie so the two easily become friends. Things always...