Death - Finnick Odair

By Cherribombshell1000

Death was a legend after she died people thought she was nothing more than a myth. But what if she was hiding... More

Cast for act 1
Chapter 1 background
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 Training
Chapter 4 private assesment
Chapter 5 scores
Interviews
Day 1 in the arena
The plan
Mentor pov part 1
Mentor part 2
The Hunt
The past
The 4th day
The final day
Act 2
Act 2 cast
The meeting
The answer
Crowning and interview
The death if kate deathwing
The mission
As the years go by
The announcement
The districts
Districts part 2
74th Hunger games
The arrival and a little inside help
A/n
The games
An
The end of the hunger games.
Protection and the see you later
The Victory Tour Act 3 begins
The Reaping
The victors parade
Training Part 1
Training Part 2
Training sessions and intresting coversations. And a interview.
Time for the arena
The arena and separation.
AN
Surprise
An
Hello mother
An please read super important
Now you know
Reactions and questions
The attack
An
AN
An
The plan
The way out and friends lost
Act 3
Father and answers
Plans and truths
An
The traiter
The breakout and district 8
The letter
An
The secret
Time to cash in Death's toll
The Final part or is it?

Private Sessions and interviews

1.7K 29 1
By Cherribombshell1000

It had been a week since Kate's meeting with Katniss and as the arena started getting closer and closer Kate started to get more anxious. She was startled out of her thoughts by a knock on the door. She turned and straightened herself out and opened the door to see Seneca Crane.

"Seneca! What a lovely surprise, what are you doing here?"Kate asked with a fake smile on her face.

"Kate I was wondering if you weren't too busy we need another person to judge the scores for the tributes. We haven't found anyone to replace Heavensbee this year as he's taking a break and I was hoping that you could step in?" He had a polite smile but there was something else in his eyes but she couldn't place what.

She nodded and said," Of course just let me grab my bag and we can be on our way."

He nodded and she turned and grabbed her bag out of the closet at the back of her room and quickly walked out the door.

They silently walked out of room and made their way to the gamemakers lounge. About halfway there Seneca broke the silence and said," You look beautiful Ms.Snow."
It was random, but Kate replied politely and said,"Thank you.

She hoped that wouldn't egg him on to continue but she wasn't in such luck.

"Kate has your father arranged anything with any... suitors of the capitol?"

She wasn't sure where he was going with this but she knew she didn't like it so she said," No, because you see I haven't been interested and the last one I cared about and my father noticed ended up very... Dead. But anyways any interesting tributes who you think will win?"

Seneca cleared his throat and said," The careers as always of course."

Kate inwardly groaned at the idea of the careers, especially glimmer.

Seneca continued not noticing the slight grimace on Kate's face," Thresh the boy from 11 and the volunteer from 12."
Kate raised an eyebrow and made herself look like she was doubting what he thought of Katniss.

"Really you think the underdog actually has a shot this year a starved peasant?"

He could say no more other than a nod as they arrived at the lounge. They went in and sat on a couch that was in the front and Senaca gestured for the peacekeepers to start bringing in the tributes.

She would watch them as they came in and she gave her honest opinion on scores. Finally, she saw Katniss walk in. She watched as Katniss did a quick look around and then head for the bows. She watched as other game makers disregard her. She watched carefully as Katniss said," Katniss Everdeen, District 12." Everyone snapped at attention.

Kate silently watched as Katniss lined up her arrow and shoot. She missed. Kate kept thinking to herself,' come on katniss you can do this come on.'

The game makers were laughing at her friend, Kate was trying to hold herself from glaring at the disgusting group of men around her.

Katniss picked up another arrow and aimed. She hit dead center but no one else was watching, she saw a look in Katnisses eye. She knew this would not end well.

Katniss picked up the third arrow and looked at Kate. Kate pleaded with her eyes for Katniss not to do it, but she knew it was too late when she saw Katniss take aim a the roast pig and fire an arrow, and shoot the apple out of its mouth.

She hated to admit it but she was proud of her friend and knew she left an impression. She smirked inwardly as watched Katniss bow and say," Thank you, for your consideration."

She watched as her friend left the room, the rest of the game makers were still gaping at where Katniss stood. The door opened and in walked Peeta mellark and that snapped them out of their trances.

It took about an hour to decide the final scores, she gave katniss a lower score hoping to not put a target on her back but the rest of the game makers were set on giving her the highest score. Kate didn't let her feelings show. She knew her father wouldn't be happy about this.

Kate quickly left and made her way to the family apartment and sat to watch the scores.

She knew the score of the tributes and zoned out until she heard district 12 start.

Katniss's score was announced and her father did not look happy.

Snow turned to her and said," she's going to be a problem."

"I tried to tell Seneca and the rest but they didn't listen, she's too dangerous to be left alive."

"Agreed, I'll go talk to him."
Snow left and Kate stared at the screen.

Hours later they arrived for the interviews and went to their designated area.

They watched as glimmer acted confident and cutesy she wasn't amused.

She watched as the careers continued on stage and she thought that Cato's ego was getting a bit big as he talked. To say his voice just annoyed her was an understatement.

The other districts continue and finally, Katniss came on stage.

Cesar said," From district 12, district 12 you know her as the girl on fire! And we know her as the lovely Katniss Everdeen."

He started asking her questions but Kate noticed she looked a bit dazed.

She watched as her friend snapped out of it and said," What?"

He chuckled and said," I think someone is a bit nervous. I said that was quite an entrance you made at the tribute parade; you want to tell us about it?"
"Well, I was... was hoping not to burn to death."

Kate chuckled along with the rest of the crowd.

Cesar continued," When you came out on the chariot I have to say, my heart stopped. Did any of you experience this as well?"
The crowd went wild.

"So did mine," Katniss said hesitantly.

She zoned out a bit until Katniss's dress started on fire. She watched as Snowflake's eyes went wide as she brightly smiled and looked to her older sister astonished.

Kate watched as they started talking about prim. Kate could see how uncomfortable her friend was.

She watched as her friend went off the stage.

Kate watched as Peeta charmed the crowd.

But she almost didn't catch her mouth drop as Peeta admitted his feelings for Katniss.

Kate knew Katniss would lose her temper, she quickly excused herself telling her father and sister that this was boring her and she wanted to talk to Kane quickly. Her father allowed her to leave, she quickly rushed backstage to see Katniss shoving Peeta against the wall. She didn't notice Haymitch, Effie and Cinna still has she quickly pulled katniss back.
Kate turned to Peeta and said," Go mellark."
Peeta hesitated to leave Katniss with the president's daughter until Kate glared at him. He left quickly.

"Katniss stop, you cant let your emotions get the best of you like that," Kate said harshly.

Effie and Cinna quietly left to check on Peeta after Haymitch instructed them to.

"But he humiliated me up there Kate-." Katniss started until Kate put her hand over her friend's mouth.

"shh, don't call me that here ok it's Katherine. Kat there are things you don't know but I need you to trust me ok. Also, what would gale say to you acting so recklessly huh?"

But Katniss was quiet knowing that her other best friend would disapprove of her actions not wanting her to get hurt. She sighed and said fine and stormed off to the district 12 pent house without another word.

Kate sighed knowing that if her friend continued to act this way she would get hurt and there was nothing Kate could do about it.

Kate was startled out of her thoughts when she saw Haymitch Abernathy come out from behind a way closer too the stage.
" How were you able to do that sweetheart? Even I cant calm her down."
He narrowed his eyes not trusting the girl in front of him and continued." How do you know that friend of hers, you don't know her?"
Kate stayed calm and said, " I know a lot of things and being nosy Mr.Abernathy is very rude, so learn to mind your own business. You should know by now that everything around us isn't what we expect it to be along with the people."
Kate walked off with confidence.

Haymitch walked up to the penthouse to see Katniss yelling form across the room at a flustered Peeta.

Katniss yelled," you don't talk to me then you say have a crush on me. You say you want to train alone is that how you want to play huh?"

She barely finished the sentence before Haymitch yelled," Enough, we can sell the two of you as star crossed lovers considering you, sweetheart, aren't very likable."

Haymitch dismissed Peeta and the rest except Katniss.

He turned to her and grimaced.

He took a deep breath and said," You should stay away from Katherine Snow you can't trust anyone from the capitol especially the ones next to the president."
Katniss was not happy to hear this and said," You don't know anything about her. I can trust her a lot more than anyone in this building."

He looked at her and shook his head," And what do you know of her huh. You choose to trust the daughter of one of the evilest powerful men in all Panem but trust me sweetheart it will stab you in the back." He walked off hoping he could get through to the stubborn girl.

And for the first time in the friendship between Katniss and Katherine she questioned how much she really knew the girl who was one of her best friends. After all she was from the heart of the capitol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780 37 20
What if the famous Mockingjay from the hunger games never killed President coin and killed Snow instead. Katniss Everdeen is married to Peeta Mellla...
710K 25.1K 68
The life of a victor isn't always great. Amelia Sawyer knew that all too well. After winning the 67th Hunger Games, she found herself back in Distric...
15K 512 23
He had been dead for many years. Or so everyone thought. President Snow was killed in the rebellion that Katniss Everdeen lead many years ago, but n...
22.5K 392 50
Melissa O'dair is famous for not only being the sister of the nationally recognized Finnick O'dair, but also for being one of the Star-Crossed lovers...