Saved By The Boss [COMPLETE +...

By wrappedinamystery

He's rude, he's arrogant and downright insolent. She's a damaged good with walls built so high it's a surpri... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 - All In A Day's Work
Chapter 2 - Memory Lane
Chapter 3 - Second Time's The Charm
Chapter 4 - You're Fired
Chapter 5 - Aftermath
Chapter 6 - Cabin Fever
Chapter 7 - A Shot In Paris
Chapter 8 - Secrets
Chapter 9 - His Revelation
Chapter 10 - Stay With Me
Chapter 11 - Explosions
Chapter 12 - Case Closed
Chapter 13 - Meet The Queens
Chapter 14 - Apologies At Tiffany's
Chapter 15 - Tears And Tantrums
Chapter 16 - It's A Date
Chapter 17 - Lay Down Your Weapons
Chapter 18 - Take Two
Chapter 19 - Break Down The Walls
Chapter 20 - She's Broken
Chapter 21 - Warts And All
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 22 - A Stranger On The Streets
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23 - The Heat Of Hell
Chapter 24 - Never Alone
Chapter 25 - Teamwork
Chapter 26 - Pack Up Your Troubles
Chapter 27 - Lost And Found
Chapter 29 - Déjà Vu
Chapter 30 - See You Again
Chapter 31 - Wake Up
Chapter 32 - Without You
Chapter 33 - Wide Awake
Chapter 34 - Wave After Wave
Chapter 35 - Curiosity Killed The Queen
Chapter 36 - Troubled Waters
Chapter 37 - Bed, Scars & Beyond
Chapter 38 - Uncovered
Chapter 39 - Take Me Away
Chapter 40 - A Love Like No Other
Chapter 41 - CEO, Interrupted
Chapter 42 - Family First
Chapter 43 - In The Dark
Chapter 44 - Dirty Dancing
Chapter 45 - White Lights
Chapter 46 - Confessions
Chapter 47 - Partners In Crime
Chapter 48 - Prison Bound
Chapter 49 - Black & White
Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest
Chapter 51 - Sealed With A Kiss
The Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENTS!
CAST LIST!
NEW STORY

Chapter 28 - Hide And Seek

450K 18.3K 3.2K
By wrappedinamystery

A/N:

Dedicated to @Starfall101 for the awesome feedback and endless votes. Thank you so much, I hope you enjoy this chapter, sweetie!

-------------------------

Chapter 28 - Hide And Seek

Scarlett's POV

It had been two weeks since I left New York and almost ten days since I'd left my motel room.

I dragged myself out of bed and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

My eyes had sunken into my face, my hair resembled roadkill, my lips were cracked and I had already lost a considerable amount of weight.

How much longer was I going to subject myself to this?

I slowly sat back down on the bed and pulled out my laptop from beneath the drawer beside me. My fingers hovered above the keys as I forced myself to ignore the urge.

I couldn't do it.

I had to make sure he was all right.

Sighing, I quickly typed in 'Jasper Queen', my heart beat racing as I hoped he wasn't hurt.

I clicked on the first link which took me to an article written two days ago.

'Jasper Queen: Out For Hell!'

Frowning, I scrolled down to see a photograph of Jasper, his face hard and cold. The bags around his eyes were more prominent and it seemed he too, had lost a lot of weight.

'He's rich, he's famous and apparently courting Lady Charlotte of Genova, amidst talks of a nearing engagement - so why does New York's billion-dollar playboy look so miserable? Last seen three days ago clutching several files and folders as he made his way into the office of P.I. Jack Bateman, there was certainly no messing with the brooding Jasper Queen.'

My heart skipped a beat as I reread the paragraph again, unable to finish the whole article.

Why was Jasper at a Private Investigator's office?

Why couldn't he have just listened to me?

God, how I so desperately wished to be back by his side and console him.

But that could never happen while this unknown 'Boss' still had me in this inescapable grasp.

I snapped my laptop shut, deciding I had had enough of moping around as I stepped into the shower, allowing the water to wash the pain, fear and sadness away, even if it was just temporarily.

An hour later, I was dressed in a pair of simple black trousers and a cashmere sweater, scraping my thinning hair into a high pony tail before stepping into my ballerina flats. I sighed, calculating how much longer the money I had left was going to last me before I was practically penniless, which wasn't going to be long now.

I swung my bag across my shoulder and locked up the door to the crappy hotel room, placing the key back into my pocket before finding myself walking aimlessly around the streets.

"Hey, sweetheart, fancy seeing you here."

I froze before slowly turning around to see a very amused looking Marcus.

"Surprised?" He asked, using his cold finger to snap my open jaw shut.

"W-what are you doing here?" I stuttered, backing away from him slowly.

"There's no point trying to run, babe. Look at all these people; see how their eyes are trained on everything else but on us?" He gestured at all the passers-by as I looked around at them. "Well, you see, they know who I am and what I do so they couldn't give a flying fück about what happens to you if they know I have anything to do with it, so, carry on running, let me how it works out for you." He smirked wildly as I tried to bring my heart beat down to its normal pace.

"How did you find me?" I questioned boldly.

"Same way I found you in Italy, same way I found you playing submissive with your boyfriend," he shrugged casually as I almost choked on the air.

"You were the one watching me?" I spluttered in disbelief.

"Mm. Your little display gave me one hell of a hard on, I was jäcking off all night to it, imagining I was pounding into that tight little pussy of yours," he growled harshly as I resisted the urge to vomit.

"Get the fück away from me, Marcus," I hissed, turning away from him before I felt his hands grip my waist painfully as he pulled me back.

"Where's that little submissive I love so much gone?" He snarled in my ear. "I think you deserve a punishment."

"Please, Marcus, let me go," I pleaded, uncaring of the fact that the remnants of my dignity now ceased to exist.

"Oh, no, sweetheart. Oh, no." He yanked my chin forcefully, so I had no choice but to look at him. "Boss has had her fun, she's bored of watching you trying to escape."

"She?" I yelled incredulously as Marcus chuckled evilly.

"Oh, yes. I think you'll love her just as much as she loves you," he whispered, grabbing my hand.

"Marcus, I'm begging you - don't do this," I pleaded once more as he dragged me off of the streets and into a black Escalade. "Don't you have any compassion?"

"If you're expecting me to burst into a Disney song about sugar and spice and all things nice, you are clearly thicker than I thought." He snapped as he clipped the seatbelt around my waist. "I don't have a heart or soul, baby. I couldn't give a fück about anyone or anything; you'd be wise to remember that the next time you want me to pour my non-existent heart out to someone as pathetic as you."

He slammed my door shut as I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to swallow my tears back.

Dear God, when is this nightmare going to end?

Why is this happening to me?

"Look lively, sweet cheeks," Marcus chirped as he drove at God only knew how many miles per hour. "Boss will want you to be happy to see her."

"Fück off," I snapped as the car suddenly stopped to an abrupt halt.

Before I could even to face him, I felt the surface of his rough hand smack my cheek with such brute force I felt my face go numb.

"Bïtch, if you talk to me like that again, I'll add another couple of pretty etchings to your disgusting body, got it?" He barked viciously as I sat there, completely frozen. "I fücking said, do you get it?"

"Yes," I whispered feebly as he resumed driving manically until, eventually, he pulled up outside an abandoned looking building.

He got out of the car, coming around to my side as he unclipped the belt and yanked me out before slamming the door shut behind us.

"Walk." He snapped as I slowly made my way through the doors.

He dug his nails into my arm, dragging me through four different rooms before he pushed me into the next one, causing me to land on all fours.

Slowly, I arose from ground, a tall feminine figure was stood in front of me, her back turned away. There were two guards at either side of her.

"Well done, Marcus. I always knew you were the perfect man for the job." A sultry voice spoke as the hairs at the nape of my neck stood still.

Why did the voice sound so familiar?

"The whøres are in the next room. Go, enjoy, do whatever you will."

"Boss, when you're done with her, can I -"

She cut him off abruptly. "When I say."

"Thank you, Boss," Marcus bowed his head, smirking at me before leaving the room.

"If it isn't Scarlett Valentina," she said coldly, turning her body so I had a perfect view of her. "Hello, darling."

My heart stopped beating.

The blood in my body stopped pumping.

My senses had a momentary lapse.

Time froze.

Everything became still.

"Mother."

---------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey Guys!

Holy fudging shittt!!! Finally, we find out who she is!!! Dun - dun - duuun!!!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I would like to thank every one of you for your support, I've had over 5K reads in just a few weeks since publishing! Thank you all SO much.

Please comment on what you thought about this chapter, I love feedback!

Also, has anyone been to see Furious 7? I don't think I'll be able to - the death of Paul Walker still hurts today. RIP, Brian.

Anyhoo, the next update should be Tuesday 7th April.

Please comment, vote and recommend!

Love as always,

Ana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 1.6K 42
STEAMY 18+ ROMANCE Completed ✔️ Book 2 in my Forbidden Love Series Book one is IT STARTED WITH A TEXT EACH BOOK IS A STAND ALONE AND CAN BE READ SE...
5.1M 160K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
63.9K 2K 26
~Completed~ "Why are you being so shy?" He whispered. "I've seen, kissed, tasted every inch of your body. There is nothing to hide." I averted my e...
4.6M 106K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...