𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 |...

By princess16367273737

(Y/n), a young woman from Zaun trying to make it as an Enforcer in Piltover. She thought her time in Piltover... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
A/N
Hiatus
A/N

Chapter 7

193 7 1
By princess16367273737

"Could you give me any information at all about the next place we're visiting?" You questioned Marcus as you walked through the streets of Piltover,  which there was so much life in. You could only assume that most of those people had not experienced a day's struggle in their life. The privilege was so obvious of everyone in the streets as they walked through the sunny streets in their expensive dresses, just smiling to themselves.

The man sighed for the hundredth time, it almost seemed like he was getting tired of you. "Fine." He surrendered. "You know how there is mountains in Piltover?"

"No, I had no idea." You replied sarcastically, causing Marcus to glare at you.

"Well..." His dark eyes looked forward once again. "We're climbing those mountains. Gets you a great view of Piltover."

You thought about it for a moment. "Hm. Probably is like climbing buildings and I'm good at that so-"

"I'm sorry, climbing what?"  You often forgot that topsiders didn't know even half of the tips and tricks of Zaunites. 

"I was a criminal Marcus. What was I supposed to do? Knock on their doors?" 

"Okay you have a point there." He admitted. "Sometimes I forget you're from Zaun." 

A disgusted look quickly made its way onto your face. "To you, that sounds like a compliment. To me, I don't want to be compared to..." By just glancing around, you were able to see a woman who lifted her head up high with the though she's above everyone. She had an expensive velvet dress on with pounds of makeup. Some citizen had bumped into her and she started freaking out on them "...that."

"Not everyone in Piltover is that privileged." Marcus argued. "Some of us have struggles."

"You can struggle and be privileged. Like you. Privileged yet struggling."

Marcus shook his head before just looking ahead to get to where we needed to be. It didn't take long to get to the mountains. "Alright, here we are. I used to climb mountains with my parents when I was a kid all the time."

"Did you ever fall and hit your head? Because wow would that explain a lot." You tried not to laugh at your own joke.

Marcus glared. "I bring you on an expensive day long date and yet you still insult me. I didn't need to-"

"Okay I'm sorry." You laughed softly at his reaction. "Aren't we supposed to have equipment while climbing?"

"It's not like we're climbing mountains in Freljord, Piltover mountains are easy to climb. Plus, this isn't really mountain climbing, it's more hiking. I just call it mountain climbing to sound cooler." He grabbed a black duffel bag that was setting on a ledge on the mountain. "I did come prepared though."

"You just-" You looked at the ledge, then the bag, then him. "You just left that there?"

"It's Piltover let me remind you. Stealing isn't very common. Especially when it's on a mountain." He remarked. "Unlike Zaun."

"Okay whatever, what do you have in the bag?" You crossed your arms. "Also. do I need to remind you I'm in a dress and heels?" 

"If you let me tell you what'd in the bag, you would know that I brought hiking shoes for you. And... you'll be fine in the dress. I'll walk above you; I swear." He kneeled down and put the bag on the ground. He opened the bag and took shoes, coincidentally in my size and threw them my way.

You picked up the shoes. "How do you know my shoe size?"

He shrugged, "Lucky guess." He continued rummaging through the bag.

You sat down on the ground, not really caring if you got your dress dirty. You took your boots off and put on the hiking shoes. Once again, weird how they fit you. You looked over to see him putting on his shoes also. "What else do you have?"

"The normal hiking things, water, snacks, everything anyone with one braincell would bring to hike." 

"So, you finally admit you have only one braincell." He didn't hesitate to throw one of the shoes he was wearing before at you. You were able to block it from hitting your head. "Hey!" You threw it back, hitting him in the chest. 

He chuckled and put his shoes into the duffel bag. "Give me your shoes." You took the opportunity to throw the pair of shoes at him, which he blocked with his hands. "And this is an example on how easy it is to tell you're not from Piltover."

"Whatever, let's start climbing this mountain."  You stood up.

Marcus nodded, also standing up. He walked to the start of the hiking trail, and I walked next to him. Some of the steps were steep, but most of it wasn't near climbing at all. "It gets steeper the further we go up."

"Comforting." 

"Okay Ms. Oh that doesn't seem as hard as climbing buildings." He mocked.

"Whatever..." You glanced around at the rocky terrain. "Are there any animals we may see up here or anything?"

He thought for a moment. "Mountain lions maybe-"

"Excuse me?" 

He looked over at you to see your terrified and annoyed face. "Oh, don't worry, I'm not lucky enough for one to kill you."

"Tough talk for a man I could push off a mountain." You glared. He widened his eyes a little then looked forward as he continued walking. "Not to mention you took me here after the fact you heard me fall walking on normal ground."

"(Y/n), do you have a fear of heights?" He stared at you blankly.

You went slightly red, "Are you kidding me? That's crazy! I had to climb constantly when I was a criminal! I told you I climbed buildings-" He just continued to blankly stare at me. "Fine, but only because it's higher than what I'm usual to and there's things to trip over and the steps are steep..."

"Well, I'm glad I could help on your self-improvement (Y/n). Come on." He continued walking. You crossed your arms and sighed as you walked beside him. "Don't worry, I won't let you die." He put an arm around your shoulders, making your face go red again. 

As you guys walked and talked more, and after Marcus ended up removing his arm from your shoulder, you two did end up reaching the steeper part of the mountain. "Oh gods Marcus, you can't actually expect me to do this."

"Just follow me." He stepped on one of the rocks and kept going up. I followed right after him, trying to copy his exact steps. But then it got even steeper.

"Oh, you have to be fucking kidding me Marcus." 

"You'll be okay." Marcus assured. You walked up the rest of the steep part in mostly silence as you were trying to focus to not have a panic attack. You finally got to the last step before the highest flat area on the mountain, but of course it was the steepest. Marcus did it with ease while you froze. "Come on, if you trip, I'll catch you."

"Or you won't be able to, and I'll fall to my death." You responded. 

"Trust me." He let out a hand. You quickly stepped onto the net step then grabbed his hand. "See?" Right as he said that, you heard a sound from the rock you had your feet on.

"Wha-" The rock beneath you fell off, causing a small scream to come from you.

Marcus's eyes widened as he tightened his grip. "Give me your other hand." You put your foot on the side of the mountain to push up so your hand could go high enough, when it did, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you up. "You fucking scared me."

"I scared you?! I thought I was gonna die!" You yelled back. 

"Okay but... look at the view." He put an arm around you and used his other hand to point away at the mountain and at Piltover. 

"Wow." You looked down at the beautiful buildings, from afar the city looked so beautiful and peaceful. The gold on buildings glistened as the light from the sun's beams hit on them. 

"Wasn't it worth it?"

You put your head on Marcus's shoulder. "Absolutely not, no."

── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ──

I'm sorry that it's short once again, but I have a couple big chapters planned soon so I hope reading these shorter chapters will be worth it... unlike the mountain climbing to see the view... 

── ❖ ── ✦ ── ❖ ──

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.6K 31
Y/N knows everything and everyone in the undercity. For a fair price, they'll help anyone in need with their incredible engineering skills, no matte...
57.6K 1.9K 22
[UNDER EDITING] ARCANE FANFIC! SilcoXFem!Reader.
153K 6.4K 34
For all you Viktor simps xoxo There's an appalling lack of Viktor stuff on here so 𝓋ℴ𝒾𝓁𝒶! Have some classic cheesy x reader fanfic. Enjoy. (If yo...
2.7K 96 11
"You don't love me anymore?" Tears filled my eyes as I looked into his. "You left me when I needed you most!" "I do love you, my dear. I was just sca...