Capable

Autorstwa memberackan

[COMPLETE] [MATURE CONTENT] [MAFIA BOOK] Just like the astronomical event she's named after, Nova is one of... Więcej

Introduction
warning and aesthetics
Playlist
1 - Super Nova
2 - The Assignment
3 - Coincidence
4 - The Video
5 - Almost
6 - Against My Will
7 - Winner Stays On
8 - Oh Hellz Yes
9 - Two Girls In A Pod
10 - Change of plans
11 - Two Against The World
12 - bleeding out
13 - Reunited
14 - Little Warrior
15 - The devil Wears Ball gowns
16 - Fixated
17 - A Turning Point
19 - Piece Of The Puzzle
20 - The Morning After
21 - The Only Empty Seat
22 - Three From Three
23 - A bloody mess
Authors Note
24 - Book Worm
25 - Golden
26 - Do me
27 - A Cold Shower
28 - ignorant bliss
29 - I'm driving
30 - Screaming
31 - Damian, where's Nova?
32 - just... stay alive
33 - sleepless nights
34 - A Tad Mad
35 - As Stubborn As Stubborn Can Be
36 - bored out of my mind
Authors Note
37 - Target Practice
38 - The first time
39 - His
Epilogue

18 - Thump, Thump, Thump

3.8K 113 37
Autorstwa memberackan

I was finally away; I was away from him and his stupid mafia and the worst thing is, I thought I got away without consequence.

I knew two of the men that were here tonight. I never liked them, they always thought they were better then everyone around them but when they were in front of my Father they always tried way to hard to suck up to him.

They acted tough and hard but they were scared little pussys who would ultimately do anything for their bosses approval and I guess that meant trying to kill Daisy.

As I looked at them, it's like time stopped for a little. Like those superhero's with the power to move really quickly so their whole life moves extremely slow around them as they go really fast.

I was thinking fast but everything around me was a slow as could be. My thoughts of my previous life consumed me.

Was it even previous? Was I still trapped in it?

How do you move on from a life and how do you know when that life is truly behind you?

The one thing you can never have when it comes to my father is hope. Hope when it comes to being able to forget him. Hope when it comes to thinking you'll be able to escape him. Hope when you think you'll make it out alive.

I had always been able to think clearly about what to do next in these situations so why was this different? Why could I hear my pulse and why wasn't I thinking about what were they going to do next and how could I stop them?

Maybe the answer is simply having someone like Daisy to loose. I couldn't loose the person that finally made me feel like a person.

fuck sake Nova, get your shit together. You don't have time for this.

Okay think...

They had a pretty stupid plan coming in here, they didn't think about anything so it took me less then 2 seconds to figure everything out.

For one thing it was obvious they were speaking about me leaving the American mafia and joining the Italian mafia and then it was easy to connect the dots.

My father was probably angry, not because he lost his daughter but because he lost a good solder who got what he wanted done without excuses or time delays and because someone had taken that, he wanted revenge.

The only person in this ball room Damian wouldn't kill under any circumstance was Daisy which meant he cared for her most and that meant she was in danger.

I had to think fast so I looked to the back of the room. The look on Damian's face made it clear he knew they were going to try and kill Daisy. Damian would want to fight them so I looked to Logan and nodded to Daisy.

I think he understood what I meant because he started to rush over to Daisy and that was enough for me.

I brought my gun up to in front of my face and shot at the men. I was able to shoot one in the head before they began shooting too.

I had to distract them from Daisy. If they wanted to shoot at me, at least they wouldn't be shooting at Daisy. She was my best friend and out of everyone I've ever met in my life, she was the only one who seemed to not want me for a selfish reason.

That meant I had to be selfless when it came to her.

The remaining 3 men got down the stairs and 1 of them started to make their way to Daisy who was being dragged out by Logan.

There was no exits but they had to get out if they wanted a chance of surviving, now.

I threw my dagger, hitting the man's side thigh and ran toward him.

I dived over 2 dead men that must of been either with the Italians or Americans or another Mafia that had nothing to do with he fight.

I ducked at the sound of shots being fired whilst still running. I finally got to this ass of a person as he pulled out the dagger and started to swipe it at me.

some fucking nerve to come after my best friend and then try to kill me.

I dodged the swings 3 times before I grabbed his arm and turned into him to throw my head back in his face, leaving a trail of red running from his nose.

His hands went to his face and normally I would off used this and got him on the floor before killing him but I turned around to find Daisy. The window at the side of the room had been shattered and I couldn't see Daisy or Logan.

They were out and now I could kill these pricks that ruined my night.

Suddenly my face felt a sting followed by a numbing sensation and I fell backwards before I saw black.

My eyes fluttered open before I gasped and sat quickly up, looking around me, fully aware I may still be in the middle of the fight but I was in a dark room, on a bed.

"Hey, it's okay, you're okay."

I knew who it was before I looked to him. His voice was deep and there was a slight hint of frantic in it.

Damian was stood next to the bed. A slither of the moonlight from outside poured in through the space in the curtains behind him and it landed onto my legs.

I forced myself to look back up to Damian admiring the spark in his green eyes and the way they looked silently into mine.

I wondered my eyes down his body which blocked a small stream of the moonlight from reaching the bed.

He still had his suit on but his jacket and tie were off. His white shirt sleeves were rolled up to his forearm and the first 3 buttons of the shirt were undone.

His hands laid in his pockets and it made him seem relaxed, even if he was still stood like a statue.

A shot of pain went through my head and my hand clutched my forehead. I hissed, then followed the path of white light to my body to see I was still in my dress but my heels were off.

"You were hit by one of the Americans and blacked out. I got to you before they could and carried you out."

His voice was still deep but modulated and gentle like he cared for me.

did he care for me?

I cursed quietly at myself "That's what I get for becoming distracted." I wasn't really used to thinking about someone else while fighting however this time, my mind was worried about Daisy and because of that, I nearly died.

It was finally hitting me that maybe it was easy to survive with no one to survive for, if you had no one to worry about, no one to hold against you then it must of been, right? I did it for my whole life and it's seemed to work so far.

"You learn to get used to it and don't worry, I stitched your head back up before you woke up so you don't have to look at the needle."

He could off left me on the floor and let me die but he brought me to my safety and stitched me because he knew how much I hated needles.

Maybe he really did care for me.

I sighed in relief, knowing I wouldn't have to see a needle and thanked him. "Is Daisy okay?"

"yeah Daisy's fine, don't worry. Her and Logan have gone to a safe house, well a mansion, somewhere remote for the weekend, just to make sure she's safe."

I was so relieved Daisy was okay. This was all my fault, it's me who made them attack and Daisy would be safe right now if my fucking Father wasn't such a dick head.

"Shit, I'm... I'm sorry."

I fucking hate apologising, I never actually say sorry unless there's no other option I want to say I hate it because I'm never in the wrong but the truth is I'm just to stubborn to apologise but this time, I had too.

"It's not your fault Nova, really, hope you don't mind me saying but your dads a fucking dick head and that's not on you."

I smiled a little. I smiled at the fact that he didn't blame me for what happened and I smiled at the way he said my name.

Nova, Nova, Nova, Nova

I repeated him saying it in my mind. It rolled off his tongue like it belonged in his mouth and sounded so beautiful. I never thought of my name was beautiful until he said it.

I got up from the bed to stand up however, I was a little too quick because my head became very dizzy and light and I collapsed or at least, nearly did.

Two hands were on my waist, keeping me up. They were strong and big

of course they were Damian's.

I looked up after my head became clear again. His eyes were already on me, looking deep into mine, our body's were close together I could feel his chest on mine.

I could feel his heart beat, syncing to mine, out hearts beating like one.

It was then I realised why he usually avoided looking me in my eyes. We were too far away at the ball for me to see it then but it was clear now. His eyes made him look vulnerable.

They begged me to never let the hold of his stare go, to never look at anything or anyone again.

The mossy colour in his eyes couldn't hide his pupils; how dilated they were and how they danced from the ocean that were my eyes, to my fractionally parted lips.

"fuck," he groaned quietly "you have no idea how badly I want to kiss you right now, little warrior."

My breathing hitched and one of his hands move up to my face. His palm was on my cheek and his thumb brushed over my lips.

He stroked his thumb along my bottom lip, the desperation in his face became clearer and stronger after each heart stopping stroke.

I couldn't take it any more and neither could he. I wanted to feel him, as much of him as I possibly could. I took hold of his wrist that belonged to the hand, attached to my face and he glanced down at it.

He bent down slowly. He started to move towards my lips but then moved to the side of my face, hesitating next to my ear.

"Careful little warrior, if I kiss you now, I'm not going to be able to stop until your a shaking..."

thump thump

"sobbing..."

thump thump

"filthy mess beneath me."

At this point my heart might as well of been a jack hammer because it was certainly beating like one.

He took his head to in front and above my face where he brought his hand up, lifting it to my chin and guiding me to look him in his eyes again.

"And baby, when you beg me to stop, I won't be able to."

My chest rose and fell heavily, like it was carrying the weight of a ship and my lips locked, denying me of speaking until I forced them open.

In a breath, I muttered the words, "who said I would want you to stop?"

He looked to the side and out to the window, breaking our stare. His hair hooded his forehead and his jawline could cut someone with a touch.

He clenched his face like he was battling with a voice in his head.

After a life time he turned back to me, studying the details in my face under the silver glow before muttering "fuck it."

His hands grabbed the sides of my face desperately and he pulled me into him rapidly capturing my lips with his.

One of his hands moved to the back of my spinning head and held it tightly like he was never going to let me go.

I tried soooo hard to make this chapter give you like butterflys so if it does and you get even the slightest bit excited or nervous or just anything by reading this then I'm begging you rate it because it will make me the happiest person alive.

also don't worry I'm not going to rob you guys of what happens next ;))

tysm for reading!!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

133K 1.3K 7
**THIS BOOK HAS BEEN PUBLISHED. THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE.** Nova: It was only supposed to be a one-night stand. Now I can't get him out of my head. Liam...
18K 359 39
He opens his mouth,"Once that blade cut open my wrist,I knew that there was no coming back from it." The man known as Nicola Castello says in front o...
4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...
547K 19.4K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...