only human | k. parker ✓

By sturnsxo

"Oh come on, I know you love me Rora" "That's the very last emotion I feel for you" - "I love you, Kai" "Too... More

cover
cast
playlist
before you read
part I - the prison world
intro
1. don't call me that
2. i'm just like you
3. stuck with me
4. in this together
5. damn you, kai parker
6. two can play that game
7. am i broken
8. you saved my life
9. you wish
10. happy thanksgiving
11. we're trapped, it's over
12. old memories
13. lets forget it happened
14. the lion and the lamb
16. the island
17. where the hell are they
18. merry christmas
part II - the real world
19. welcome home
20. living a lie
21. happy new year
22. rescuing elena
23. the merge
24. the truth
25. no good at goodbyes
26. liz's funeral
27. people grieve differently
28. 1903 prison world
29. betrayals and kidnappings
30. liz forbes' letters
31. what is love
32. the wedding; part one
33. the wedding; part two
34. its been four years
35. the return
36. time for another wedding
37. all is well
38. next chapter

15. the way out

193 1 0
By sturnsxo

Aurora sat reading a book she found in Damon's room, she wasn't sure what it was called, she stopped paying attention to what she was actually reading an hour ago, all she was doing now was staring down at the words on each page, every 5 minutes she'd turn the page, acting like she was actually reading it and found it interesting, when she really didn't.

The books she would want to read hadn't come out at this point, the Harry Potter books didn't come out till 1997, the Pretty Little Liars books didn't come out till 2006, she wanted to read them since she's currently watching the show, and finds it quite entertaining, the Twilight books hadn't come out till 2006 as well, then there's Supernatural which is another show she's been actively watching. She found it curious how different her supernatural world was compared to their supernatural world. In her world they had vampires, werewolves and witches, that was about it.

But in their supernatural world, they had vampires, werewolves and witches too, but along with those core 3, they also had demons, angels, ghouls, shapeshifters and any mythical creature there's known to man kind, it'll be in their supernatural world. Something else that surprised her when she first started watching Supernatural was the vampire portrayal in them, they firstly had rows of sharp teeth, rather than just the 2 fangs in her world, or even in Twilight when she read them, no fangs.

Aurora sometimes finds herself laughing, comparing all the different creatures in the shows she's watched or read about, to real life, real life, if you had told her that the vampires and wolves she read about when she was 12 were nothing like how they were in reality, she'd laugh. For many reasons, firstly, she'd wonder where she got an imagination like that to think the world of fiction is real, and secondly, she'd like to think how the writer of Twilight decided that the vampires would sparkle instead of burn in the sunlight, or in Supernatural how they don't sparkle or burn in the sunlight at all.

In her opinion, it made more sense for the vampires to burn in the sun rather than sparkle. Thinking about it now, Aurora realised the vampires in Twilight seemed very poorly written compared to the vampires in the real world. The real world, Aurora will never get used to saying that. It's been almost 3 years since she's been involved with the supernatural in her town, she had learned about the world's first vampires, and how vampires after them came to me. It was just a mother's love. She wanted to protect her children. But that didn't last forever, since what only felt recently, she was at the ball the Mikaelson family threw, where Esther, the mother of family, linked her children together in hopes to kill them, and eventually end the vampire species, though Aurora and her friends didn't know that yet.

Kill an original, kill their entire sireline, they discovered that after Matt had killed Finn, the eldest sibling, luckily none of Aurora's friends descended down from his sireline, so they weren't dead, yet. In a short time they discovered they descended down from Klaus' sireline, which wasn't good for any of them since he was the main threat, and the main Original they wanted to get rid of. But because of the whole 'kill an Original, wipe out a entire sireline' thing, they couldn't kill Klaus, not if it meant them dying with him.

"Whatcha reading?" Kai's voice broke Aurora out her thoughts, and that's another reason why she was pretending to read, she wanted to avoid talking to Kai. The talk they had yesterday about the kiss, went better than Aurora thought, they didn't fight or argue, or look like they wanted to rip each others heads off, it was all good, which was the problem. The words exchanged in the conversation repeated back in her mind.

"What are you thinking about?" Kai's voice caused Aurora to open her eyes, she stopped floating on her back and turned around and faced him. "Nothing important" she assured him, "Well, do you wanna what I was thinking about?" he asked her, "I don't know, do I?" she replied hesitatingly.

"The kiss" he admitted, Aurora's eyes widen, not expecting him to say that, not at all. She thought he was just gonna ignore it, like it didn't happen, this was the last thing she expected from him. "What about it?" Aurora asked, he shrugged his shoulders, "Figured we should talk about it, no arguing from me, I promise" he said, and Aurora believed him. "Okay, no arguing from me either" she told him, he nodded. It was silent between them, Kai thought if he brought it up it wouldn't be awkward, but it just made things more awkward.

"Why were you thinking about this kiss?" Aurora asked him, he shrugged his shoulders, "Truth be, I've been thinking about it ever since it happened" he confessed looking at her, he'd been wondering if she also had been thinking about it non stop, she has. "Me too" she confessed, they stay in silent, looking at one another, unsure of what to say. "Is that it?" she quietly asked, "No" he shakes his head, "It's just, I don't like you" he says, Aurora slowly nods, "Right okay" she says lost.

"No, not like that, not romantically, I don't do that" he clarifies, Aurora nods, "So you kissed me just because?" she asked, Kai smirked, "Technically, you kissed me" he stated, Aurora rolled her eyes, "You're the one who said you wanted to kiss me" Aurora said 'in a matter of fact' tone. Kai smirked, "Okay, so we're both at fault" he stated swimming over to the pier where he got out. "Where are you going?"she called out after him, he looked up at the sky, "It's getting late, think we should head home" he told her.

She swam over and climbed out too, grabbing her towel, wrapping it around her body, "So, that's it? That's all we're gonna talk about?" she asked confused at the sudden change, "I don't know what to say, Rory" he groaned, "Well, neither do I" she told him, the two were standing side by side, looking at each other searching for the words they wanna get out. "Maybe we should just head home" Kai suggests, Aurora nods, "If we have nothing else to say, then yeah" she agreed, he nodded and walked back towards their stuff.

Aurora followed after, grabbing her shorts from her bag and putting them back on, "Was the kiss that bad?" she asked him quietly, he looked at her, after putting his shirt on, he was silent for a moment, "No, I actually enjoyed it" he replied walking away her, back to where the car was.

"Rory?" Kai's voice repeated her name again, she turned to face him, realising she never replied to him the first time, she was too busy thinking, thinking about him. "Sorry, yeah?" she replied locking eyes with him, "I asked whatcha reading" he said smirking over at her. "Umm" she trails off realising she doesn't know the title, she flipped the book over to look at the cover and saw the title 'The Great Hunt' and it was by Robert Jordan.

"The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan?" she said almost like it was question, he starts chuckling at her obvious attempt to show she knows what she's doing. "You have no idea what you're reading, do you?" he asks her, she sighs giving up the act. "Not a clue, I'm just trying to kill time" she tells him, "Well, you better find something to keep yourself entertained because reading books, driving state to state is all you're gonna be doing for the rest of you life" he tells her, she looks down and frowns. She already knew this, it just doesn't change the fact that she'll never get home.

She'll never see Caroline again, her mom, Elena and Jeremy, Bonnie, Damon and Stefan, Matt and Tyler, Liv and Luke, Enzo... she never gets to see any of them again, she knows she has to come to terms with it, but she's just not sure if she'll ever be able to do accept it. Her and her friends have been through so much in such short time, for her to just imagine that this is the end, that there's no way she'll be seeing her friends again.

She always believed there was some type of loophole and way out of anything to do with magic. Just a few months before Aurora, Bonnie and Damon were locked in the prison world, Bonnie herself was actually dead, she died on the graduation day when the Other Side started to fall apart, none of them noticed of course since Bonnie played it so well that she was okay and alive, that and thanks to Jeremy who also knew she was dead and lead on that she was alive along with him.

But she wasn't, Bonnie died when she brought Jeremy back to life after getting killed on the island in search for the cure, for his sister Elena. For Elena, Aurora began to notice a lot of things that happened in their lives they were doing for Elena, not that she asked for help, she just always seemed to be in some sort of trouble, and whenever she was in trouble, the Salvatore brothers would be following quickly after her to save her from whatever supernatural drama she got herself into.

"Well, I'm gonna go nap, you know, kill some time" Kai says quoting her from before, she nods in response and he leaves the room and goes back to his one, leaving her again in her thoughts about her friends. She thinks back to one of the times where they were helping save Elena. This time it was the summer before her sophomore year, they had learnt that Elena was a Petrova doppelgänger, and that meant she had to he sacrificed in this ritual for the wolves and vampires.

They were later to learn, it had nothing to do with random wolves and vampires, but a special one, a hybrid, the Original hybrid. Klaus Mikaelson. Aurora and her friends learnt everything about them, from varies people, Rose who was an old vampire that kidnapped Elena to give her over to break herself and her friend out of something they got themselves into centuries ago. They learnt from Katherine that Klaus gets what he wants, and this 'ritual' will happen either way.

But they learnt the most from Elijah, who was Klaus' brother. They learnt that he was the product of an affair their mother had with the werewolf villagers, and one night, Klaus and their youngest brother on a full moon went to watch the villagers turn, their youngest brother paid the price and was tragically killed. This caused their mother Esther into turning her remain children into vampires, and that's how the first vampires were born, and vampires for generations to follow were descended from.

They learnt when Klaus made his first human kill, activating his curse, everyone learnt he was a hybrid, born of a werewolf bloodline, turned into a vampire by magic, an unbalancedness of nature, an abomination. Mikael made Esther place a curse on Klaus, making his werewolf side dormant, using the blood of a doppelgänger, which is where Elena would come into place later on. It was then, every since Klaus had the curse placed on him, he wanted to break it, no matter who got in his way. She remembered back to the night it all happened.

Aurora waited in the house with Caroline, Jeremy and John, Elena and Jeremy's uncle, while the others, Damon, Stefan, Bonnie and Elijah went to the Quarry where Elena was taken earlier. Aurora wanted to go and help out, be there and actually do something rather than stay in the house and just wait for the inevitable to happen. There was no way around it, with Damon's blood in Elena's system, she'd come back shortly after dying in the sacrifice.

Everyone knows when you have vampire blood in your system and you're gonna die, there's no way out of it, you'll come back, just as a vampire. Aurora remembered she could've siphon the vampire blood out her system, but by the time she realised, it was too late, Klaus had already taken Elena, but everything would turn out to be okay. Bonnie found out a way to save Elena, she'd have to die for it to work, but she figured out how to save her without her turning into a vampire.

She explained how she'd have to link someone's life force to Elena, so when she awoke the person who's life force she would be linked with, would die instead. Naturally, John offered, not wanting his daughter to become the very thing he hates, and he to prove he only wanted what was best for his daughter. Bonnie did the spell and they waited for everyone to return with Elena.

Aurora sat with her head on Caroline's shoulder, who also rested her head on Aurora's, not wanting to leave one another. After Caroline was kidnapped by the werewolves, Aurora was afraid someone would come for her again, Aurora wanted to do anything in her power to protect the ones she loved.

Aurora smiled slightly, it was a terrible time, for everyone, ancient vampires were after Elena, Katherine was waltzing around town at the same time, it was a huge mess for everyone, they were all mostly miserable most of the time, but whenever they had their moments where they were actually happy, Aurora didn't take it for granted, she cherished them all, because she knew that those little happy moments in her life, were short, and weren't gonna last forever.

It was like after Klaus broke the curse, he left town with Stefan in order to make more hybrids. Stefan, who only went because the night of the sacrifice, Damon managed to get bitten by a werwolf, and desperate for a cure, Stefan searched, but Damon had already accepted he wasn't gonna make it. Stefan still determined to save his brother, discovered something, that Klaus' blood was actually the cure to a werewolf bite.

Stupid Mother nature and it's loopholes Aurora thought, Stefan went to Klaus and begged, but the only way Klaus would give him the cure was if he joined him in leaving town, but not as the Stefan he currently was, but as the Stefan he was in his ripper days, Stefan not wanting to become a ripper again, but wanting to save his brother, agreed to Klaus' conditions. Damon was saved and Stefan left town with Klaus. That summer was drama free, no ancient vampires at their doorsteps, it was full of happy memories.

Until, Senior Prank Night. Aurora wasn't even going into senior year, she was going into sophomore year, but Caroline dragged her along saying "You're basically one of us anyway, so what's the difference" so Aurora helped out with the Senior Prank Night, thinking it was gonna be a night full of memories that they'll remember forever, but of course it was short lived. Aurora followed Elena out to go superglue Mr Saltzman desk shut, they opened the door out to the corridor, giggling, when they came face to face, with Klaus.

"This is so much fun, I cannot wait till I'm a senior and I get to do this" Aurora giggled as her and Elena leave the classroom where their friends stood. "You cannot do better pranks than us though, we wanna be remembered for this" Elena strictly said, Aurora playfully rolled her eyes, "Oh Lena, I already have a bunch of ideas for pranks that you guys haven't even thought of" Aurora commented opening the door to the corridor, Elena right behind her.

"Oh yeah? Like wh-" Elena cuts herself off once they two come face to face with Klaus, "There's my girl" he smirked at Elena, Aurora's eyes widened, she had barely seen Klaus before, not even when he was in the body of her history teacher. She only saw him briefly in class and across the way at the dance, but other than that, she had never seen him before. "Rory, run" Elena told her, she nodded and turned to go back through the doors and warn someone, but Klaus grabbed her arm along with Elena's and dragged them through the corridor leading to the gym.

"Please, you can have me, just let Aurora go. She has nothing to do with this" Elena pleaded with him, "Can't do that love, not when she can go and blab her mouth to anyone, it's best she's here with me" Klaus replied walking through the gym doors. Aurora's thoughts raced, was Klaus gonna kill her? It's not like he'd spare her, like Elena said, she had nothing to do with this, she was irrelevant to him, so what's stopping him from killing her right now, nothing, that's what stopping him.

Aurora shook her head, that night was terrifying for her. After a whole summer of peace and no supernatural problems knocking on their door, she thought everything was going to be fine, but of course it wasn't. Klaus discovered he wasn't able to turn werewolves into hybrids and with the help of a witch learned it's because Elena is alive, at least that's what he thought. Luckily for him, Elena being alive was what he needed, since her blood was the missing ingredient into turning hybrids.

Unlucky for Elena though, since she was now a human blood bag, the thing the in transition werewolves would need to drink to complete their transition and become hybrids. Aurora doesn't know why she thought of that memory, it started off great, only to turn into madness the next. She watched as Stefan ripped apart two of Elena's classmates, one of which she knew, from the cheerleading squad, then other she assumed was her boyfriend.

She remembers running through the corridors, Elena behind her as they run from Stefan who had been compelled to feed on Elena when the timer had finished counting down. Aurora ran, trying to search for Caroline, or any of her other friends that are in the school somewhere. But the school was just empty, an hour prior it was lively and full of students just eager to prank the school and their teachers, but then as Aurora ran through in desperate need to find someone, anyone, other than Stefan, Klaus or Rebekah, of course.

At the time, Rebekah scared Aurora, she had a worse temper than Klaus had, but that wasn't the only reason Aurora was scared of the blonde original, another was the fact she was one of the oldest vampires in existence and could easily end Aurora's own existence, but in short time, Aurora learned about Rebekah, and discovered she's just a girl who wants to love, to live a normal life, be happy, but with Klaus being perched on her shoulder the past millennia, Rebekah never got the chance to love anyone, because her evil brother would always put a stop to it before it turned into anything.

Aurora felt bad for Rebekah, she understood how the girl was feeling, the need, the want, to just having someone by your side through everything, having someone to wake up to every morning, have someone to love for the rest of your lives. Aurora didn't have that with Tyler, or even Enzo, their loves were simple a 'for the meantime' Aurora wasn't one to believe in true love, but from the people around her finding their person, their soulmate, it makes her see love in a different way.

She used to think love was pointless and overrated, after her breakup with Tyler, she thought she'd never love again, that'd she'd find no one to love her like Tyler loved her. But when she thinks to their love, if you can call it love, he never loved her, not in the way she wanted, she mainly just wanted someone to be there for her, show her around life, tell her it's all going to be okay, comfort her. Tyler did that, which makes her think that's why she stayed with him for so long, when she could've so clearly done better than Tyler Lockwood.

With Enzo it was a completely different story, she believes her love with him was way different than what it was with Tyler. When she was with Tyler, they were both young and naive, not even considering the meaning of love, then it just meant 'Thanks for being here' that love was just for now. When Enzo came into the picture, they immediately became smitten with one another, falling in love very quickly, which can you blame them? Mystic Falls was falling apart, their lives were falling apart, they were living in the moment.

That love was also just for now. They didn't know at the time, but now, 5 months later, Aurora's now realising that Enzo wasn't for her, he provided the same comfort Tyler provided for her years before, as Enzo did for her, she did for him, after being trapped with Augustine, Enzo never thought he'd escape it and be happy, but when he saw her, it was like he was seeing the world in a different light. Aurora brought the best out of him. He could've been pissed at the world, at Damon, at the Travellers, or even at himself, but every time, Aurora would make him smile, she would remind him that even when he thought he was alone in the world, he wasn't, he'd always have her.

Until he lost her, at the time Aurora was completely heartbroken, more than she was with Tyler, she believed that maybe this time, she'd be finally happy, that she found her person, but she didn't. In some aspects, this was a good thing, in the world they were living in at the moment, their love was only going to fail, Aurora watched as Damon and Elena break apart, course that was thanks to Katherine some parts. But, even without Katherine, they still broke up, which didn't help Aurora's doubt in her own relationship.

She always thought Damon and Elena were gonna last, that nothing was gonna separate them, not even Stefan or all the fate bullcrap about the doppelgängers, No. Aurora believed Damon and Elena would get through it all, cause that's what you simple do for love, when you love another being, the things you would for them is infinite. You'd die for them, maybe even kill for them, whatever it takes to protect and love one another.

Aurora laid on the motel bed, wide awake, her mind drifting off to their current situation. She went on the trip to Denver to get Jeremy with Damon and Elena. They both insisted she stayed, but she insisted she went, telling them Jeremy is her friend and she wasn't going to sit back in Mystic Falls and wait for them to return. She told them that it'd be better for her to go, have a witch with them rather than just a vampire.

Where Damon would constantly remind her, "You're not actually a witch" which did hurt her feelings, but she knew Damon didn't actually mean it and was just joking around with her, it wasn't until she siphoned him and gave him an aneurysm that he agreed in letting her go. And lucky she did go, since when they arrived at the batting cage where Jeremy was waiting for his friend, that friend turned out to be their foe Kol Mikaelson, whom attacked Damon with the bat he was holding.

Aurora immediately jumped into action and was able to snap Kol's neck with a flick of her wrist, from still having some magic left flowing through her veins. With Kol now temporarily dead, and Damon claiming he could've 'done that' to Kol, the group went to the motel they are all now sitting in, quietly trying to maybe get some sleep.

Aurora heard the door to their room open, she looked and saw Elena walk out, followed by Damon. Curiosity of course took over her, wondering what had happened for the pair to walk out. It was no secret Damon loved Elena, and wasn't a shock either that Elena shared some feelings towards Damon, after everything that happened with Stefan, Elena grew a lot closer to Damon and her feelings for him grew even if she wouldn't admit it.

A short while later after neither were coming back in, Aurora looked off and saw Jeremy was asleep, she decided to check on Damon and Elena to see if they were okay. She quietly hopped out of the bed and tiptoed to the door, which opened with a creek, she winced looking back to see if it woke Jeremy up or alerted Damon someone was coming. When Jeremy didn't move she walked outside and what she saw left a smile on her face.

Damon and Elena locking lips.

Aurora would've, key word would've, done that for Enzo, but watching for years Damon and Elena go through all that just to break up, she's actually thankful for Enzo to skipping to the end of their story and just breaking up with her, he didn't want her to go through any pain, he cared too much about her to let her hurt. Even if he knew breaking up with her would hurt her, baldy, he knew that in long run, she'd actually thank him and be grateful that for one heartbreak would mean skipping a billion heartbreaks.

Some people may regret their past relationships, and Aurora is like some people, she has regrets, but she doesn't regret her relationships, not at all. They shaped her into the person she is today, without all the heartbreak and general hurt she'd endured, she wouldn't be like she is today. Today she's not afraid to talk about her feelings, even if she'll regret it later. She's not afraid to stand her ground and defend her loved ones, even if they may not always be in the right.

She's also not afraid to cry anymore. She used to think crying shows weakness, and those who cry over a simple thing are weak, but she's slowly learnt that crying doesn't make you weak, it makes you strong, it shows that you were able to overcome this hurdle in life and go through it in a healthy way, rather than lashing out which a lot of people do when they get hurt, she's seen her fair share of Damon lashing out whenever he got hurt, whether he'd like to admit it or not. It took her way too long to realise that crying doesn't make you weak, it makes you human.

Aurora used to think a lot of things, selfish things, hurtful things, but overtime she grew as person and discovered herself. She learnt that she doesn't actually need a guy to be there for her, that she shouldn't depend on him, or anyone for that matter, since in the end, it would always end up with hurt, first with Tyler and then with Enzo, they were both a road to disaster, destined to end terribly, Aurora's happiness was only temporary with them, her forever was still out there, she just hadn't found them yet.

A time she realised she shouldn't have to depend on anyone was a short time ago, it was before she met, him, it was when her life was somewhat normal and her biggest concern was Caroline falling for the Big Bad Wolf, Klaus Mikaelson. It was during the search for the cure, for Elena freaking Gilbert. As much as Aurora loved Elena, and cherished their friendship, Aurora felt jealous of the girl, jealous of her life, if you take away the supernatural side, you know destined to being sacrificed for some hybrid dick, her life wasn't entirely bad.

She had two debatably amazing guys that would do anything and everything for her, Damon and Stefan freaking Salvatore. At first, Aurora did think Stefan was kinda cute, but her sister called dibs so she backed off, but in the end, like destiny, Stefan chose Elena, everyone chose Elena, as Caroline always put it. So when push come to shove when they all discovered the existence of the cure to vampirism, everyone, including Klaus, though he had his own reasons, dropped what they were doing in search for this cure for Elena.

Aurora did help, after checking Caroline didn't want it, because if it came down to it, Aurora would chose Caroline over anyone, even herself. Aurora wondered if it ever came across the others minds, that since this was the cure to immortality, that others would be looking for it as well, most specifically the Brotherhood of the Five, to of course kill Silas... Aurora's thoughts suddenly stop. "That's it" she mumbles, realising upon herself.

She stood up off her bed and strutted out the room in almost a sprint towards Kai's room, knowing he's napping in there. Not caring that he may be pissed at her for waking him up, she knows she'd be pissed if it were him waking her up, but this discovery was important, it was the way out. She bursted through the bedroom door, the hinges almost falling off as how hard she shoved the door open, Kai suddenly woke up from the sudden noise, an annoyed expression on his face.

"Now, you better have a freaking good reason to of storming in her like a lunatic and disturbing my beauty sleep" he threatened, "You think I wake up looking this good" he added gawking, "Because it takes at least 10 hours of-" he goes to say again but Aurora cuts him, "Shut up and listen, because this is a freaking good reason" she says quoting him from before, Kai points his pointer finger in her direction in a daring way, "First of all, don't mock me. Second of all, go on, tell me this freakingly amazingly good reason to have woken me up from this awesome dream I was having about Pamela Anderson, you know the hot lifeguard-" Kai rambles on, causing Aurora to roll her eyes.

"Okay, I so don't care about some sex dream you were having, cause first, TMI and second of all, there is no second of all just TMI" Aurora scoffs, Kai rolls his eyes, "You would've loved this dream, I was on the beach, soaking up some sun, when suddenly the sun was blocked by this beautiful hot blonde lifeguard and she was about to-" he rambles again, "Ew! I do not want to know what Pamela Anderson was about to do in your weird dream" Aurora says to him, "Well if you're not gonna tell me the reason you woke me up, I'm going to go back to sleep and continue this sex dream I was having" he was quoting Aurora from before.

Aurora rolls her eyes and goes to comment back, but stops herself once she realises it's just a waste of time and Kai will just keep arguing back, or do as he said and go back to sleep to continue his weird dream. "I'm waiting" Kai demands, "You'd think 18 years in a prison world and you'd have a little patience" Aurora retorts, "Oh, I have patience Aurora, it's just getting slimmer every waking minute I spend talking in this conversation, when I have way better stuff to do that listen to you blab your mouth about something useless and irrelevant to me" he replies sourly and blandly.

He's really testing my patience. How have I not killed him yet, she thought to herself, Because he'll come back shortly afterwards, that and you like his company, as much as you hate to admit it. You like having him around and you don't want to admit it to since it goes against everything you stand for and you don't want to have to rely on another guy again since you know how that story ends. She shakes her inner thoughts off and see's Kai still's standing in front of her, awaiting for her response.

"I think I know of a way out" she tells him, Kai immediately shakes his head, "No, impossible. I've thought and found every way out, none will work, and it's not because of the whole 'the prisoner can't do the spell' it's because, I know my father, and as much as I hate the bastard, he's a smart one. He would've thought of every and anyway possible to escape and make them impossible. Trust me, Aurora, whatever you think you've thought of, my father thought of first" he tells her, a hint of sadness on his face, but as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared and was replaced with anger. An emotion that seems to appear whenever Kai thinks or talks about his father.

"Ever heard of the immortal being Silas?" she questions him, Kai chuckles, "Of course I have all witches have" he says, "But he's just some story to scare you. He isn't real, but in my opinion though, Silas doesn't seen so scary" he adds on, slightly rolling his eyes. "Well hate to break it to you, but Silas is very real and he wasn't actually that scary, if you minus the fact he looks like one of my best friends, or should I say, my best friend looks like him" she informs him, Kai chuckles again, "If you're trying to scare me with all that Silas crap, nice try, I don't get scared remember" he starts, "I'm not trying to scare you, what would I gain, nothing. I'm just telling the truth, Silas is our way out" she tells him.

"Hate to break it to you, but even if Silas was real, which he isn't, we're the only two people in this entire world, so tell me how would we contact him? Just page him and say 'Hey, help us out' see, it's just ridiculous, so if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to my so called 'sex dream about Pamela Anderson" he says waving his hand out towards the door, signalling for her to leave. "Listen, you don't have to believe me, heck I'll go on my own, get out myself, that's fine by me, and while I'm going back home to my loved ones, you'll be sitting here rotting away all by yourself, and the last thing on your mind will be 'I should've believed Aurora' so you can either shut up and listen or tell me to leave again and I will, but just know you'll regret not listening" she sternly says.

Kai smirks, "Well, I do love me a woman who takes charge" he says striding closer to her, "Yeah, back up Romeo, I'm not 'taking charge' I'm just saying how it is, now are you gonna listen or not" Aurora asks again, crossing her arms, she was fed up of his words and games, even if he did listen and still didn't believe her, she'd still go to that island, despite the dangerous journey, it was at that point she was desperate to do anything to see her friends again, plus she knew the way there, where traps could be, what's the worse that could happen, dying on the island is the worst, but again, she's desperate and has nothing else to lose. She died once, she doesn't mind dying again.

"With that whole dramatic speech of yours, you've sparked my interest, I wanna see how far you'll go with this whole convincing me of Silas' existence and how it's our way home" he tells her, "Like I said, whether you're convinced or not, I'm still going since I have nothing else to lose, and if I die on the way, so be it, maybe I'll find peace" she says, "Starting to lose interest, cut to the chase to where this helps us get out" Kai says irritated, "Okay, as you know Silas and Qetsiyah were in love, at least that's what Qetsiyah thought" Aurora explains, but Kai cut her off and began explaining the story.

"I know the story, Silas actually loved another girl named Amara whom he drank the immortality elixir that Qet whats her face made thinking Silas wanted to be with her, so in revenge Qetsiyah killed Amara, and imprisoned Silas on that island with that cure to turn him mortal hoping he'd take it so he'd be with her on the Other Side forever, but he truly loved Amara and wanted to be with her. So Silas suffered the next 2 millennia sat there frozen with that cure in his grip, oooo scary" he says in a spooky voice.

Aurora nods, "Right, but did they ever mention that Amara never died, that Qetsiyah used the same thing on her as she did Silas and made her the anchor to the Other Side" she tells him, Kai chuckles slightly, "And how do you know this?" he asked, Aurora rolls her eyes, "Cause I saw the crazy bitch with my own eyes, talking to what seemed herself, but was actually all the other supernatural creatures on the Other Side" she informs him. "Okay, but how does this all help us escape? Cause like I said, we're the only people in this world, no Silas or Qetsiyah or crazy bitch Amara to get us out. So what's the plan, Rory" Kai asks, getting pissed off now.

"Qetsiyah's blood is all over Silas' resting place" she tells, "Okay, great, like that'll help" he says sarcastically, "Did I forget to mention what bloodline Qetsiyah originates from?" Aurora says smirking slightly, looking at Kai to see if he can connect the dots and figure out why it's so important. "Bennett blood" he mumbles, with a mischievous grin on his face. "Let's say I believe you and this crazy, centuries old story that every witch knows, how would we get the blood, it's probably etched into the ground by now, it's been 2 thousand years" he says, Aurora looks down, the plan he's thinking didn't match her own.

"We don't. You're right, her blood will be etched into the ground by now, but that doesn't mean it's still there, her magic will be radiating around the site, all it needs is a siphoner to suck it up like a juicebox, it's free for the taking" Aurora pitches her idea, "Siphon it up, ready to use to help us escape" Kai repeats her words, a smile appearing on his face. "It's so stupidly brilliant, it might work" he mumbles, "It should work, unless your father knew that Silas was real and wasn't some witches tale to scare young witches alike" Aurora asks him, hoping Joshua was like everyone else and believed Silas was just a some silly story.

"No, Joshua didn't believe in Silas, no one I knew did, not even me, well except now, I'm talking to the girl who's seen it all, Original vampires and all" Kai tells her, "Okay, since Joshua was an idiot who didn't believe Silas was real, all the magic that's there should be free for the taking, we get it, find some other spell your father hasn't thought of and we'll find ourselves home in no time, maybe before Christmas if we're lucky" Aurora says, mumbling the last part, she hoped she got to spend Christmas with her family, she didn't get to spend Thanksgiving, so she prayed Christmas was on the table.

"Cheer up, Rory, if we're not out by Christmas, instead of spending it with your family and friends, you get to spend it with me, which FYI, that means for your information" he tells her, a grin smacked on his face, "Any girl back home would've killed to spend Christmas with me" he gloats, Aurora rolls her eyes, "Well, if it isn't clear by now, I'm not most girls" she tells him, "Yeah but you still kissed me, and you liked it" he teases, Aurora looks away embarrassed by it all, she hoped he wouldn't bring it up, even if they did talk and things were fine? It still felt awkward, so for him to casually bring it up, it didn't feel right.

"Yeah well you liked it too. Teasing goes both ways" she teases back, "Yeah, well you haven't gone 18 years without seeing a single person, and the first one you see is a pretty girl, call me desperate" Kai says, smirking at her, clearly flirting, trying to get a raise out of her, and it was working. "Well, call mine, a moment of weakness" Aurora defends, "Well, maybe we should have more moments of weakness" he flirts, grinning at her, leaning in closer, wanting so desperately to connect their lips again, but he wanted her to do it, to show she wanted him like he wanted her.

Aurora moved her head away, "Yeah, no, nice try Romeo, it's gonna take more than a few flirty words to make me wanna kiss you" she scoffs playfully, Kai groans "Oh come on, I know you love me Rora" he says, "That's the very last emotion I feel for you" she defends, scoffing slightly. "Whatever you say, babe" he whispers the last part, leaning his head in closer to hers once again. "So, leave tomorrow?" he questions moving his head away, Aurora almost looks confused at what he's referring too, she was too caught up, in their moment to remember or say anything.

"Yeah, tomorrow's good, I wanna get out of here and away from you as soon as possible" she says, "Oh, I know you love me. It's okay to admit it" he teases, "Don't need to admit it, it's not true" Aurora defends, Kai sighs, "Well, if this conversation is now over, I'd like go back to dreaming about Pamela Anderson" he says smirking slightly, Aurora rolls her eyes, "You have fun" she says turning and leaving the room. "Don't be jealous.You know where my room is" he calls out, "I won't, there's no need to be jealous" she replies, ignoring the last part of his message, not wanting to play into his mind games.

Because that's all they are, mind games, right?

...
Authors Note
Hi, I really liked this chapter for some reason, I love writing flirty Kai and Aurora, it's just so fun. Anyways yeah, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was a long one.

And yes, I know the whole plot in my story here with Qetsiyah's blood and stuff may not make sense, but that's okay because this book is fiction and it's my turn on things, so in my book it's a thing okay! Thank you and thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 617 11
"𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲, 𝗮𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲, 𝗮𝘀 𝗶 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲" ༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞༞ In 1993 Isabella Sal...
64.3K 1.7K 26
"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬. ****** Tara Calaveras is an 100 year old mexican vampire, who's known Damon a...
71.7K 3.3K 30
Everything has changed. 72 years ago, Elena's life was linked to Bonnie's by Kai Parker. All of her family and friends have patiently waited for the...
1K 43 5
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬." tvd || season 1 - season 8 fem!oc x the va...