of fae and witches

By mmuraa

oh boy am i going to enjoy writing this lowercase intended cover art by @tommyficrecs on twitter ꧁꧂ Tommy is... More

Familiars and Witchcraft
Flowers and Herbs
Old Friends and Sorcery
Light Banter and Blanket Cocoons

Spellcasting and Formulae

733 54 48
By mmuraa

Tommy was shocked.

He didn't expect the fae to just straight up give him a name.

It may not be its actual name but still, it actually found him amusing enough to have the audacity to call it something.

"You actually gave me a name?" His posture softened, voice quieter than usual.

The fae - Wil - Raised an eyebrow.

"Aww, why so surprised? Did you not expect me to give you a little nickname?" It cooed.

The fae's cooing created a spark of warmth in Tommy's heart.

He put that feeling into a hole, and buried it.

"Think of it as a reward of being so smart." Wil simply added, ruffling Tommy's hair though still in the circle.

Tommy winced once the fae's hand met contact with his hair.

He didn't want to upset or anger it.

"Say, since I gave you a name.."

Tommy gulped.

Of course.

He shouldn't take gifts from fae lightly.

It may just be another way to trick the victim or make the target owe them.

"Why don't you..."

Tommy was ready for the worst, snapping his eyes tightly shut.

"Visit me tomorrow?"

Tommy cracked an eye open, slowly opening the other.

"What?"

The fae grinned.

"You heard me! It's incredibly lonely, and since I'm sparing you I just want you to visit again." Wil replied, practically glowing at the thought.

Tommy swallowed his saliva.

"Sure?" He said with uncertainty.

Wil's eyes seemed brighter than usual.

"Great! Be there 9 am sharp or else I will curse you."

Tommy wasn't unsure how to react to Wil's last line.

He sighed.

"Alright then. Goodbye." He said, picking up the dropped ginger, only to place them in a little satchet on his belt and head towards his cottage.

He could feel the fae's eyes boring into the crown of his head as he walked away.

He was greeted by an incredibly happy Clementine at the cottage.

"Tommy! Tommy!" She practically yelled in glee, knowing he was here as of the door opening.

"What is it, Clem?" Tommy answered, placing the ginger in a little container and storing it away.

"You know that tradition where witches leave for a year to strengthen their magic?"

Tommy sighed.

"Tell me you aren't planning on goi-"

"Can I go? Pleaaasee? Tomorrow's the perfect day and time!"

Tommy exhaled sharply.

"Alright then. Let me make some adjustments to my spell."

Clem squealed in glee, rushing upstairs to start packing.

Tommy, meanwhile, was working on the spell for Clem yet again.

He had to finish it by tomorrow.

The spell was unsuccessful yet again, and he decided to make potions that should do his goal.

He added some thistles and rosethorn, and added a little of blindness potion in the cauldron.

This may not work but he'll try his best.

A puff of orange smoke escaped the cauldron, leaving a golden liquor in it.

It heavily reminded Tommy of the fae.

He'll have to visit it tomorrow.

He sighed, pinching his glabella.

He just wanted to live peacefully.

He won't be getting that now.

Suddenly, he heard a loud knock at his door.

Tommy froze.

Who could be here at this time?

The sun was just about to set, and it was a dangerous time to roam in this period.

He looked out his window and saw the top of a woman's head.

Pink hair, some brown visible from the roots.

Niki.

He paused his potion-making and headed down, opening the latches which locked the door.

"Tommy!" Niki chirped, greeting the blonde with a warm hug.

"Niki, hey.." Tommy grunted, trying to squeeze out of her strong, tightening grip.

"Sorry, I think i hugged too hard. Anyways, how are you?"

"I'm doing just fine. Why don't you come in?"

Niki shook her head. "I just came to ask if you had a potion and some herbs I could use."

Tommy lowered his head, raising it back up.

"What kind?"

Niki hummed.

"I need a potion of healing and some mint and allspice."

Tommy raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you need herbs associated with healing?" He asked, heading to the side to grab some herbs stored in containers.

Niki sighed.

"It's a long story. Tubbo tried to steal something and now he's badly injured."

Tommy shot his head towards Niki.

"He what?"

Niki's eyes dimmed.

Tommy groaned, pushing his hands towards his eyes.

"I told him not to do that - he must have been real desperate. Did they?-"

Niki nodded.

Tommy exhaled sharply.

"Here, I've got mint and allspice for you. I have ginger, it also has good healing properties... Let's see, I stress-brewed some health and healing upstairs yesterday, I'll grab that for you."

Niki huffed lightly, smiling.

"Thank you so much." She thanked once Tommy returned with some potions of healing.

Tommy grinned.

"It's nothing. I'll make sure to pay a visit, see if the idiot is ok. Make sure he doesn't go outside for a few days, don't want him getting injured again."

Niki thanked him once again, leaving with a wave and smile.

Tommy exhaled loudly, shutting the door and rubbing at his eyes.

He went upstairs to continue making the potion, but the colour was now a crystal blue.

He raised an eyebrow.

He grabbed a ladle, pouring the substance into a glass vial.

He looked to the right, seeing one potion of blindness was left.

He groaned.

He didn't want to taste the disgusting taste of whatever was mixed to create it, but for Clementine he'll do it.

He opened the glass doors of the closet it was stored in, popping open the cork.

"To a successful potion." He muttered, drinking the black, inky substance.

In a second his vision was immediately cluttered with black clouds, and he was inable to see.

He waved his hand around and touched a large, warm object.

He was guessing this was the cauldron.

He waved his other hand again and managed to find the ladle.

He scooped up the liquid inside the cauldron, drinking it.

He wasn't able to see.

For a few seconds.

Immediately, his vision returned.

Tommy's eyes brightened with happiness.

He quickly wrote down the recipe, then pouring the liquid into multiple glass bottles.

He walked out, and knocked on Clem's room.

"Come in!" A voice chirped from the other side.

Tommy opened the door to see Clem's room near empty, two suitcases present.

"Tommy! I've got my stuff ready for tomorrow." Clementine spoke.

Tommy smiled, exhaling softly.

"Clem, I think I want to show you something."

Clem raised a slightly annoyed eyebrow.

"You know I'm blind, right?"

Tommy chuckled, walking towards Clem and handing her the bottle.

"Drink this and we'll see."

Clem hesitantly drank the bottle, leaving a few droplets behind.

She blinked her eyes a few times.

She then looked down towards the glass bottle and her hands.

"What am I seeing? Wait... I can see?" She muttered.

She looked up to the blonde which was assumed to be Tommy, tears building up im her eyes.

"I can SEE! Tommy! I can see! This is amazing!" She yelled, running up to the blonde and hugging him.

He simply chuckled, patting the little girl's head.

"I made some potions that allow you to see. I don't know if it's permanent, so there are many spares."

"Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you th-"

"It's alright, Clem. Just happy to help. I'll try and help you in reading, aswell, since you may not know what the numbers and alphabet look like."

Clem simply began thanking him again, Tommy chuckling at the scene.

Bringing people happiness bring another a smile.

It's quite a warm gesture.

꧁꧂

Clem was asleep, most likely to leave in 7 hours.

Tommy prepared some food and left it on the table for Clementine when she was to wake, which was one hour away.

It was 8:50, and Tommy decided to head there a bit early, taking the fae's words seriously.

He slung on his usual blue cardigan and headed out, towards the location of the ginger patch and the faerie ring.

There, was the fae, Wil, as it asked him to call it.

The fae had seen the witch approach.

"There you are. You came early." The fae smiled, raising an eyebrow.

"I'd rather have a life that isn't cursed." Tommy sighed, scratching at the back of his neck.

Wil pouted.

"But curses are so fun! It's enchanting to see people suffer." It stated, almost glowing at the idea of others suffering.

Tommy deadpanned, beginning to sit on the ground as the fae followed movement.

Wil hummed, "Honestly I didn't expect that you would actually come."

Tommy huffed, "A witch always keeps their word."

The fae cackled.

"That's rich! Last I met a witch they were unfriendly and deceiving."

Tommy raised an eyebrow.

There was a moment of silence, only to be broken by Wil sighing.

"Right, Right. I described myself, you're correct."

Tommy's face softened, a light smile present.

Will hummed.

The witch was warming up to it.

"Say, what's it like in the village? Did you get caught?"

Tommy exhaled softly.

"They drove me out about 3 years ago. I was only 14."

Tommy swore he could have seen a flash of somber in the fae's face.

"Ah." It simply responded.

There was an awkward moment of silence yet again.

Tommy was uncomfortable with awkward atmospheres.

Then, his face brightened.

The fae, Wil, was confused.

"Say, do you like flowers?" Tommy practically chirped.

The fae was slightly astonished.

"What?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
344K 16.6K 77
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

116K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...