The Vampire Prince graduates...

By Mama_Kas

After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is grad... More

Q&A
Development Project
For the Future
Career Exams
Promises
Invitation
Family Talk
Dinner
Confessions
A Whole New World
Senior Year
Orientation
Convenient
Quiet Moment
Unexpected
Second Breakfast
Theory
Letting the Cat out of the Bag
Internship
Debts
Insecure
Back-Up Plan
My Brain Hurts
P.I.
Cooperation
Ice-cream Break
Let Me Hold Your Papers
Auction (Part 1)
Auction (Part 2)
Reply
The Truth
Building Bridges
Brownies make good breakfast
Digging for Information
Pep talk
Moving Forward
Insight
It Happened
Remain Calm
Lady Hargrave
Trust
Inside Job
Resurfaced
Not a Promise
Breach
In your Arms
Around the dinner table
Camellia
Roommates
Ambush
Henry
Betrayed
Call Him
Exercise Caution
Sold
Served
I Know
Gifts
Unwrapping
Traditions
Plans
What's the Rush?
A Traitor Among Us
Hacked
The Final Countdown
Love, Strength, and Trust
Well Wishes
To the Future
Times are Changing
Riot
We're Everywhere
Captured
Pawn
Exchange
Exposed
Escape
Rescued
The Truth Revealed
Sleeping Beauty
A Cure
Immobilized
Awakened
Princess
Loyalty
Graduation
Epilogue

AU - Hot Chocolate at the park

951 57 4
By Mama_Kas

Holiday one-shot. Enjoy.

Rin looked at her watch for the tenth time in the last minute or so. They had agreed to meet in five minutes and he hadn't shown up yet.

A cold breeze swept through the
park. Shivering, Rin turned her back to the wind and adjusted her scarf. She had dressed as warmly as possi­ble without looking like a marshma­llow.

Excited voices and well-wishes echoed around her. Just a few feet away, tables and stalls had been set up for 'Holida­ys at the Park' event. Families and the community were encouraged to attend.

What if he changed his mind? They'd only known each other for a few weeks. It had been random too. What were the odds of both needing the same book for Art History?

The miraculous part was that they had agreed to share the book - the first of many study "dates". Except Rin couldn't call them dates. They studied then went their separate ways. Even when Rin would invite him for a snack or dinner or lunch he always had something to do.

So, when he had asked her to go with him to get hot chocolate at the park, Rin hadn't refused. Maybe she hadn't imagined all the looks or misunderstood all the awkward messages. He did seem reluctant to depart after their study sessions.

Tonight would be the night she would
figure out where they stood.

"Rin."

She looked up, startled. The surprise quickly turned to familiarity and comfort.

Alexander looked warm in his leather jacket and beanie. Even his jeans looked warmer than hers. Today, he didn't have his glasses on.

Rin waved at him. "Alexander," she call­ed.

His smile widened and he hurried
over.

"Rin," he said.

They stared at each other, drinking in each other's presence. Did his eyes always shine so brightly?

Alexander looked away first, face flus­hed.

"Did I keep you waiting? "he asked.

"No," Rin immediately said.

Then, he grinned and Rin wished she was brave enough to ask for a picture. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Let's warm-up."

"How?"

The question left Rin's mouth before she could think. At the realization, her face turned red. She must look so desperate to him.

"I was thinking hot chocolate," he
said.

"Yeah, me too," Rin said.

They didn't move.

Shaking, Rin grabbed the loose fabric of his jacket and shelled him into the hot chocolate stall. Rin couldn't bring herself to look at him.

'At least he showed up,' she thought to herself.

Luckily, Ale­xander didn't protest. He walked beside her. Their elbows bumping.

They got in line for hot chocolate. There were other stalls as well with games, food, and shops. A Santa was walking around with balloons.

While it had gotten dark, it was still early. Rin didn't doubt more people and families would come out.

"I'll get it," Alexander said when it was their turn.

"Then, I'll get snacks," she told him.

A few minutes, they walked shoulder to shoulder with drinks and churros in both hands.

"Thanks for inviting me," Rin said. "I didn't want to stay in and stress about finals in two weeks."

"I like spending time with you," he said. "You're so chill and easy to talk to."

Rin took a bite out of her churro. That was a compliment and probably had no double meaning whatsoever.

Yeah.

"I like you," she blurted out.

Rin's face flushed in horror. That was­n't what she had meant to say. At least, not now.

She forced down the lump of dough to try to explain but of course, she had to breathe.

The dough went down the wrong pipe.

Rin chugged down her hot chocolate only to realize, it was hot. She breathed out like a fire-breathing dragon a d continued to hack up a lung.

Tears clouded her vision. Alexander grabbed everything from her hands and disappeared.

Rin squeezed her eyes shut trying to remember how to breathe. Something pressed into her hands. Familiar with the shape,  she opened the water bottle and drank the water.

"You okay?" Alexander asked.

Rin could only nod as she coughed again. Her taste buds burned in numbed agony.

"She's fine," Alexander said to the concerned onlookers.

Rin wished for an earthquake but nothing happened.

"Let's sit down."

Alexander lead to a bench where Rin spent the next few minutes learning how to breathe.

"Rin?" he asked.

"I'm good," Rin rasped out. She cleared her throat. "Thanks."

"Glad I don't have to give you CPR," he said.

No one spoke.  Rin frowned.

"Nooo," he quickly said, face red. "Not like that!"

He covered his face with his hands.

"I'm glad you're breathing! I don't mind giving you CPR - but not like I want you to choke. I -"

Rin grabbed his hands. "I know what you meant," she said. "I'm glad I'm in safe hands."

He looked at her, puppy eyes filled with embarrassment and relief. Her heart did a flip.

"You're so darn cute," she told him. Rin squeezed his hands. "I meant it, I do like you. Spending time with you feels so natural."

Alexander pulled his hands from hers, She didn't stop him. Her stomach sank. It was for the best, right? This way she knew how he felt.

Seemed like it was time to go home with numbed taste buds and a relationship that hadn't gone anywhere.

"Oh, thank goodness," Alexander said and pulled her into a hug.

His warmth washed for her. Sniffing, Rin put her arms around him and snuggled into his shoulder.

"I-I like you," he stammered out. "I just wasn't sure if you liked me too."

"I invited you to eat with me."

"I thought it was because you felt sorry for me."

She shook her head. "No, silly."

A blast of cold wind hit them. Shivering, Rin snuggled closer.

"How about more hot chocolate?" Alexander asked.

Rin pulled away. "What happened to ours?

Sheepishly, he looked away. "I dropped it and the churns. I panicked and only thought about getting you water."

Rin smiled. "More sounds good," she said.

This time, Rin grabbed his hand and they stood.

"Can I get a picture of us?" she asked.

"Sure, why?"

"I like your smile," she told him. "I want to see it when you're not with me."

Rudolf's nose would have some competition next to Alexander's face.

"Say 'Happy Holidays on three."

Alexander grabbed his phone and snapp­ed a picture.

"First picture as a couple?" he guessed.

"First picture as a couple," she confirmed.

Hand-in-hand, they walked back to the hot chocolate stand. Maybe later, we would warm up with something other than hot chocolate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 79 31
When brother and sister are captured by vampires trying to figure out a way out to safely return home the Prince of vampires makes a visit due to his...
188K 6.4K 41
Faith was happy with her life. She had a clear plan, and always knew what her next move was going to be. But then a terrible tragedy wiped out half h...
1.7K 195 30
Eleanor is 18 years old and is the crown princess and her parents chose the prince of England called Alexander the second but the day they were gonn...
186K 6.3K 34
Some refer to Violet and her tribe of werewolves as dangerous and unlawful. But, in a world where weak humans rule over the werewolf realm, she is do...