Protagonist Became Bent and i...

By mensaiesh

As tragedy befalls on Zhan Yu , he soon finds himself transmigrated into a novel world as a character. To his... More

CHAPTER - 1 Transmigrated to a Novel
CHAPTER - 2 Accepting 'Reality'
CHAPTER - 3 Crossing Paths
CHAPTER - 4 Invitation
CHAPTER - 5 Embarrassment
CHAPTER - 6 Competition
CHAPTER - 7 Wealthy Heir
CHAPTER - 8 Apartment
CHAPTER - 9 Declaration
CHAPTER - 10 Meet
CHAPTER - 11 Recording
CHAPTER - 13 Conversation
CHAPTER - 14 A - City
CHAPTER - 15 Kindness or a Trap?
CHAPTER - 16 A Big Huge Trouble
CHAPTER - 17 Life Back to Normal
CHAPTER - 18 Meeting an Unwanted Person
CHAPTER - 19 Invitation
CHAPTER - 20 Book a ticket to ...
CHAPTER - 21 Denied
CHAPTER - 22 Fate Works in Mysterious Ways
Note
CHAPTER - 23 Pursuing His Dream
Chapter - 24 'Not Right! Not Good! There seems to be something wrong!'
Chapter 25 - The plot is completely Wrong!!!
Chapter - 26 You're breaking the rules! LU BAI!
Chapter - 27 Why couldn't he let him go?
Chapter - 28 Feelings
Chapter - 29 Who's going to be a family with you?!
Chapter - 30 Interview
Chapter - 31 Accident
Chapter - 32 After suffering numerous hardships, I finally have you!
Chapter - 33 So Many Rules
Chapter - 34 Sister-in-Law
Chapter - 35 "Yep, I have a boyfriend."
Chapter - 36 Everything was too late now.
Chapter - 37 I must marry my...
Chapter - 38 The author has...!
Chapter - 39 This Shameless Bastard
Chapter - 40 The truth about the world
Chapter - 41 Business Trip
Chapter - 42 Married Life
Chapter - 43 Fortune and Destiny
Chapter - 44 You can think over again?
Chapter - 45 Is Zhong Qin and Zhuang Zhu in love?
Chapter - 46 It's son or daughter, it's our child
Chapter - 47 The Baby
Chapter - 48 Real World
Chapter - 49 Better choice for both you and me
Chapter - 50 You...How did you know?
Chapter - 51 Together with their son, they'll wait for him to return.
Chapter - 52 I'm Yours
NOTICE on ENDING
Extras : 1 LU JUNXING
Extras : 2 Zhan Yu, Lu Bai and Babies (After Life)
RE - EDIT NOTICE

CHAPTER - 12 Banquet

27K 1K 238
By mensaiesh

Lu Bai encountered Weng Yinlin at the entrance of his apartment. He had waited there for him for 10 minutes already. He rubbed his faintly throbbing temples and put up a smile, "Mom, how come you're here?"

Weng Yinlin was angered by him to the point that she already had one foot in her coffin. In a bad mood, she replied: "If I didn't come here, then I wouldn't be able to see my son again for most of the month!

Lu Bai lazily turned his head and looked away. He didn't know what these elders were doing– were they bothered about how there was nothing to do, so they just started randomly worried about him?

Weng Yinlin saw that he didn't speak and that he even held a contemplative expression on his face. She followed his line of sight and saw that his gaze was fixed on the neighbor's door. After staring at it for a few seconds, she suddenly understood and stated, "It turns out the reason you kept refusing our matchmaking was because you liked the boy living next door!"

Lu Bai didn't even think and immediately replied: "He moved away!"

What he wanted to express was that he no longer lived here and that they no longer had any relations with each other.

Also, to prevent him from falling again one day and becoming abnormal, he had already bought the apartment from the owner at a high price, so that he can no longer move back.

However, in Weng Yinlin's ears, it came across differently. The thoughts that arose in her heart were: 'Ah, his tone was filled with hidden bitterness. It sounded just like he was abandoned!'

Then Wen Yinlin thought about it some more. That day, the boy's attitude did not reveal any interest. It must be that he had no thoughts for him, otherwise, he would not have moved away so suddenly!

Weng Yinlin became elated when she realized that there was someone who actually didn't like her son. It should be known that Lu Bai had been receiving love letters since preschool. Whenever he spoke about girls or boys, he always had this proud and overbearing aura around him, making her very angry!

Rarely were there people that can cause him to be humiliated!

Weng Yinlin immediately smiled and inquired, "What is the name of that boy? Where does he come from?"

Lu Bai looked at his mother strangely, "Mom, what do you want to do?"

Weng Yinlin replied: "If you like someone, you should just say it outright. Just look at your qualifications, are you still afraid that the girl won't be moved?"

Lu Bai quickly realized what his mother had misunderstood.

"Mom, there isn't anything between me and that boy."

"Mom knows, but you're a male after all. Being a little more proactive won't hurt. Maybe if you are a little more proactive, the boy will be moved! You should listen and do as I say. Don't always go around with that stiff expression on your face. Smile more, girls or boys they prefer men who are gentler and more considerate..."

Lu Bai shook his head helplessly. He was too lazy to even explain and allowed Wen Yinlin to continue and misunderstand. Anyways, it's better than having Wen Yinlin always shove females toward him.

Since Weng Yinlin thought that his heart was already set on that child, she didn't bother him for a good half month. Mao Shiyuan also truly kept Lu Bai's words, "don't bring them up again" in his heart. Even after several meetings, he only brought up matters regarding the new company, no longer mentioning Zhan Yu's name.

Lu Bai continued to busy himself with work every day. However, he inexplicably felt that something was missing in his life. After he thought carefully about it, he felt that this kind of normal lifestyle was correct; there wasn't anything wrong, so he no longer thought about it deeply.

It wasn't until he was on a business trip and attending a birthday celebration that he realized what was missing. When he saw Zhan Yu in a white off suit at the same venue as him, Lu Bai finally discovered what his monotonous life was missing.

Originally, Zhan Yu wasn't planning on showing his face to the birthday banquet, since he didn't know anyone attending.

Zhan Yu grabbed Zhan Qiancheng's arm and held onto him. Perhaps because it was the first time, he had paid attention to his attire, but he still felt extremely uncomfortable.

Zhan Yu lowered his head to focus on his footsteps, but didn't forget to complain to Zhan Qiancheng, "I already said that I didn't want to come. You forced me to attend! Plus, I already made an appointment tonight to continue to learn how to dance with the teacher."

Ever since Zhan Yu forfeited the competition, he understood: If he wanted to mingle, he needed a special ability he could demonstrate. The host normally wanted someone who had a lot of talent and abilities. They should be able to recite, dance, sing, or play an instrument... As long as you have an extra ability, others will think more highly of you.

When the time came, Zhan Yu did not want to do something last minute, so he immediately found a dance teacher and a piano teacher. Every night, he alternated what he learned.

In Zham Yu's view, spending time on self-improvement was a much better choice in comparison to attending a banquet filled with people that he did not know.

However, Zhan Qiangcheng didn't think so. Although he later asked what happened with him and Lu Bai's mother, he had only carelessly replied that on the day he returned to the apartment, they had accidentally encountered one another. They hadn't spoken much before he had realized the strange situation and smartly left.

After he had finished speaking, Zhan Qiancheng was silent for a moment. On the surface, the encounter sounded perfectly normal; yet, listening to Zhan Yu's tone, it seemed like it wasn't that simple.

Zhan Qiancheng, in order to remove the possibility of future trouble, thought that it was still better to let Zhan Yu come out and interact with people, thereby getting to know better-quality men. That way, he can more easily break off his foolish thoughts about Lu Bai.

Zhan Yu did not know that Zhan Qiancheng still entertained such thoughts, he really would've wanted to stab his head and say: "Do I look like that kind of leisurely person?!"

Zhan Qiancheng was very diligent in his duties, taking Zhan Yu to congratulate the 70-year-old birthday host. He brought him away from the crowd and introduced him to each personーmaking a point of giving Zhan Yu space whenever he introduced him to handsome young women or men, whom he had selected very carefully, of course.

No matter how stupid Zhan Yu was, he understood that this was basically a blind date banquet that Zhan Qiancheng had arranged.

"Shoot!"

The young man with Zhan Yu at the moment, who just would not stop rambling about his career history, couldn't help but ask after suddenly hearing someone say something under his breath, "Master Zhan, what did you just say?"

Zhan Yu forced a rigid smile on his face.

"Sorry, I'm a bit tired and would like to rest over there."

"Then let me accompany you."

"Thank you, but there's no need," Zhan smiled as he politely rejected him.

When Lu Bai arrived in the front hall, he was witness to this scene.

Zhan Yu wore a white suit , Black T-shirt and white , which gave him a nice aura and teased the passersby to imagine the rest of his delicate frame. He was smilingーtalking to a man who was barely a step away from him. Lu Bai couldn't hear the man's response, but Zhan Yu smiled even brighter, waving his hands at him. He carried a Champing glass and walked over to the corner, where the resting area was.

Tonight was the first time Zhan Yu attended an event after crossing over. His hair had been done by a hairstylist under Zhan Qiancheng's command for about some hoursーlong short sholder length hair with bangs softly pulled up, leaving a few soft strands to lay on his shoulder.

Lu Bai's gaze stopped at his snow-white skin for a moment before he was greeted by the view of his slender neck . The sight made him impatient.

What was he (Zhan Yu) planning to do, dressing like this?

Gloom settled on his face as he received red wine delivered to him by a waiter. He pursed his lips, feeling the constant irritation that the surrounding environment was causing him.

He raised his head to scan the banquet's front hall but was surrounded by people who wanted to win his favor before his gaze even landed on the resting area. As he finally made his way out, he was nagged by the owner of the banquet and stopped to speak for a bit.

Of course, the conversation was always one-way. Enthusiastic conversation would be met with Lu Bai's curt responses and occasional glances.

Lu Bai took the chance to move elsewhere when changing wine glass. He passed through the crowd and finally saw him (Zhan Yu).

Zhan Yu had his head down, fixing his suit and tie, but he wanted to take the time to look at his miserable feet.

What Zhan Yu really wanted to do was to take his shoes off and walk comfortably on the floor.

Considering his (Zhan Yu) image, he suppressed his urges, but this didn't hinder him from scolding Zhan Qiancheng. Why did he choose such a evening suit? It was all because of him that he wore such shoes. Anything but this shoes! It was all Zhan Qiancheng's fault that he was so miserable!

He felt indignant. What if he sent a message to Zhan Qiancheng, telling him that he wasn't feeling well? After all, he had accompanied him and even helped him talk with so many men and women. Wasn't he loyal enough already?

Zhan Yu thought it was an okay plan, so he lowered his head again to flip through his phone from his suit inside pocket. 

It took a while, but he noticed, quite tragically, that his stylists had found him a matching phone cover. He never placed his phone in it and forgot to bring it.

Was he stupid? Did he actually forget to bring his phone?!

Zhan Yu felt so unprepared; he may as well have forgotten to look at the calendar before going out. Everything about that day was warning him that it wasn't a good idea to go out.

He anxiously looked at the attendees passing by, attempting to find Zhan Qiancheng, but his earnest gaze never fell upon him. Instead, he attracted the attention of Lu Bai.

When Zhan Yu noticed a dark silhouette hovering over him, he looked over without a thought to suddenly find himself captivated by his handsome face.

Shoot! Why is Lu Bai here too? Why would he attend a boring banquet like this? But more importantly... why is he standing here?

Zhan Yu quickly snapped out of his trance as quickly as it came. He immediately dismissed the look on his face, and expressionlessly asked, "Why are you standing here?"

'Quickly! Leave! Get out of there!'

He could feel himself pierced by the gazes of the young women around him. He didn't want to stand out.

Lu Bai was about 180 centimeters. While Zhan Yu sat, he only needed to lower his head slightly to see his exquisite makeup as he stood. His cheeks were flush with a warm blush, and his fair complexion was delicate even without the makeup. He was even more moving when he decided to dress up.

Lu Bai's gaze stopped on him (Zhan Yu) eyes, full of life .

The lasting impression he had of him (Zhan Yu) was when he unexpectedly saw him by the stairwellーhis eyes bright and charming but hiding a certain pitiableness to them. He couldn't see those eyes anymore, as all he saw in Zhan Yu's eyes was unhappiness.

Lu Bai looked at him (Zhan Yu) eye lines and commented, "You didn't do your eyes very well."

Zhan Yu didn't know if he was talking about his eyes or saying that his makeup didn't look good. He retorted, "I don't care if it looks good. I wasn't planning on letting you see it anyways."

Hmph! It's good enough! Did he come here just to criticize my looks?

When Zhan Qiancheng first saw him, he complimented him, saying he was handsome. But this man was quite pickyーhe could feel it in his gaze.

After Zhan Yu comforted himself, he didn't mind anymore. After all, it didn't matter whether or not Lu Bai thought he was handsome. As long as he thought XmChu Hua was pretty, then it was fine.

Lu Bai's gaze naturally lowered, descending from his face to his (Zhan Yu) snow-white face and a little bit his beautiful neck. Even lower, he could see a faint hint of cleavage.

The sight was stunning, and even Lu Bai found himself under its effects before he reluctantly averted his eyes.

Lu Bai retorted as he awkwardly shifted his gaze. He thought that he finally realized that he said the wrong thing, wanting to continue to scold him when he coldly said, "Stand up."

"What?"

Zhan Yu didn't understand. Lu Bai shifted his gaze once again to look at himーto looking at his chest intently. Zhan Yu's reaction was slow. When he lowered his head to meet the subject of his gaze, it finally hit him, and he stood up.

"You pervert!" he angrily exclaimed.

Lu Bai curled his lips, "You're the one not paying attention. Why are you blaming me?"

"Only you would look there."

"If you didn't wear that, who would look at it?"

"Lu Bai, you're twisting my words."

"Youー"

"Do you guys know each other?" a pleasant female voice interjected as the two were arguing.

Zhan Yu was too tired to pay any attention to Lu Bai. He turned in the direction of the voice to see a beautiful woman with wavy hair. The woman wore a dainty short skirt and was looking eagerly at Lu Bai.

Zhan Yu had met her earlier. 

[The lady] She seemed to be the granddaughter of the host. She seemed to be older than him [Zhan Yu] by only a few years; she was beautiful, gentle, and had a pleasant voice. 

Zhan Yu took a few more glances at her before smiling at Lu Bai. His eyes seemed to be saying, "Look! Look! Your peach blossom is here."

Lu Bai understood the look of pleasure he adopted whenever he saw another's misfortune. He didn't even turn to look at the unexpected guest. He suddenly smiled charmingly, and before he could react, he reached over to take Zhan Yu in his arms.

When Zhan Yu felt his warm palm on his waist, he was shocked!

As this happened, he tripped and threw himself on his chest.

Zhan Yu was confused.

Crap! Lu Bai, what's wrong with you! I stepped on my shoe because of you!

He buried his head in his embrace, and Lu Bai used the opportunity to place his other hand on his (Zhan Yu) headーpreventing him from escaping. He smiled and coaxed, "Be good, now. When we get home, I can sleep in the study if you want to punish me."

"Hu, hu, hu..."

You bastard! You've got a problem!

Zhan Yu desperately wanted to scream his thoughts.

While the other woman was stunned by the scene, Lu Bai brought Zhan Yu out as he found himself half-carried and half-embraced by him .

To be continued....

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 639 30
Formerly known as POSSESSIVE SERIES 2 : Wang Yibo Xiao Zhan only had three important things in his life. His friends, his mother and the wealth that...
51.9K 3.7K 28
"Hey! New here. I'm Xiao Zhan. Will be senior I suppose." . . "Hi ! I'm Wang Yibo." Came the reply plainly. This will be a story where Yibo will be f...
279K 13.4K 96
"Aren't you tired of the way you live?" A voice inside of him would ask. "What can i do? I was born to live the life of a killing machine that dances...
155K 7.9K 42
Xiao Zhan is a filial son. He is very cheerful and generous, but he wants to build a record to be having 50 girlfriends in one year. Can he make his...