The Unfinished Book✔️

By Melody_Alyward

One typical day I read a random book just to pass my time. 'Contract marriage with an attractive stranger? Ho... More

Prologue
CHAPTER I
RHEA/KATHERINE
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
ARGUS
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XI
EROS AND LARK
CHAPTER XII
CHAPTER XIII
LYDIA
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
THALIA
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVII
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XIX
CHAPTER XX
CALISTA
CHAPTER XXI
CHAPTER XXII
CHAPTER XXIII
CHAPTER XXV
CHAPTER XXVI
FINIS

CHAPTER XXIV

39 6 1
By Melody_Alyward

The news of the engagement ceremony between the countries, spread worldwide like a wildfire. People from neighbouring countries were equally excited to join this happy occasion. All around celebrations were being held. To rejoice such a joyous occasion, there will be a festival held for a whole week even though the ceremony was going to last a single day. Everyone was thrilled except the two people in question who were not looking forward to their engagement. Even now, just like always, they were arguing while deciding on the theme and dressing for the occasion.

"I said it should be golden."

"Well, I want it to be silver."

"Hey, it's my first engagement!"

"It's not like it's my last."

Calista rolled her eyes and added,

"It's also my first and probably my only engagement ceremony. Even though it's....."

She was about to add that it's not what she wanted but she stopped herself from uttering those silent words since these two were not alone in the room. A lot of the staff that were working hard with the preparation were with them.

She clears her throat and adds,

"The theme will be silver, please."

"No! I demand it to be golden. Silver reminds me of our knight's armor."

"Then you should be appreciative of representing the ones who defend your kingdom."

"It's not their engagement. If it was, then I would have no problem with it."

"Silver!"

"Golden!"

The two eyes glared at each other, with sparks flying between them, causing the staff around them uncomfortable and scared.

The chief designer mustered up her courage to become the third wheel and spoke up,

"If I may....your highnesses...how about going with a white theme?"

"You mean white and golden/silver?"

Both retorted at the same time

"No. Only white. White symbolizes purity. It will fit admirably with both of you."

"You mean just plain white?"

"With white intricate details of course."

Rastos looked at Calista, waiting for her reaction.

"I approve."

"I also approve."

"Glad you both agree. Now for the jewelry, in particular, the rings you will be exchanging, will it be golden or silver?"

"Silver."

"Golden."

They both answered reflexively and then glared at each other for their choice of opposing color.

"...I think it would be better to set that question for later on. For now, Princess Calista....please come to the adjoining room for your dress fitting and measurements."

"Alright."

She replied and started following the maids that were escorting her. Before they reached the door, she stops and turns around,

"You better not select the golden color while I'm gone, got it?"

Rastos smirked in turn and added,

"Princess, I believe you are getting delayed for somewhere."

"...I will be quick."

After she leaves taking half of the staff with her, Rastos turns to the one that is the head of their jewelry.

"I tell you what. Make the rings silver. I will let Calista have this one. However, you have to do something for me and keep it a secret from her."

"What do you command me to do, your highness?"

"Can you crave the name Angelina on Calista's ring?"

"Angelina?"

"Yes."

"umm...your highness...forgive me for overstepping my boundaries. I thought this was a love marriage and witnessing you two, I didn't suspect it before however...don't you think it's too cruel for the princess to receive another girl's name engraved on her engagement ring?"

"Huh? What do you take me for?! It's not another girl's name. It's her name! But very few know of it. How dare you distrust me? What kind of reputation do you expect I have?"

"..a flirty playboy."

His aide, the only one with enough courage in this room to say that to Rastos face replied in a low-pitched voice, but enough for everyone to hear.

"That...I'm not like that anymore....right?"

They all shrugged.

"Forget it. Just do what I asked you to do and don't tell this to Calista."

"Your wish is our command, your highness."

They all then take their leave.

Rastos muttered to himself that he needs to improve his image. He doesn't fathom why but he does not want Calista to have an even more tarnished image of him than she already has.

————————

They were all gathered at the cafe where Rhea worked to discuss what ending Lydia should give to the book. They planned to borrow the holy book during the ceremony and then after writing the ending, they will put it back into place.

"Everyone lived happily ever after?"

Giselle offered her advice.

"Very well, but what comes before the happily ever after?"

"Furthermore, will you tear off some pages so that the things that are already written won't happen?"

"I will, however, I still don't know what to write as an ending."

"What about in between?"

"I am not quite certain."

"Then think! You invented this story before and you have to conclude it."

"I will..."

"More tea, anyone?"

Rhea who was handling customers came to ask them.

They all shook their head and replied, no thank you.

"Rhea, have you got any ideas at what the ending should be?"

Lydia asked.

Rhea nibbled her lips, thinking,

"Happily ever after? I don't know. I don't like to read books."

She shrugged.

"Yet you still ended up being inside one. How ironic."

Giselle added giggling.

"Haha, how funny. Oh my god, I am laughing so hard that my belly button is about to fall off."

Rhea retorted sarcastically, glaring at Giselle who mumbled a meek sorry at her response.

"I'll figure something out. Thank you for all your advices."

Lydia sighed at her hopeless friends.

"Hey, they weren't that terrible."

"All of you said happily ever after but you can't tell me what comes before this. Thank you very much then."

While Giselle and Lydia were talking, Rhea went to another table where a customer was calling for her.

"Why is everyone being so sarcastic today?"

"It's because you are talking like this."

"I am merely trying to help. Writing a book isn't that hard."

"Why don't you try writing the end then?"

"You're the author. You created this mess. Not me."

"It's not like I wanted to create this mess. Right, Argus?"

They both turn to look at the said Duke who was looking at Rhea working at the counter, deep in thoughts.

"I sense some awkwardness."

Giselle whispered to Lydia who whispered back,

"They both haven't talked to each other after I revealed their feelings?"

"No, Rhea, in particular, seems to be avoiding him."

"Does she feel embarrassed?"

"What do you believe would have happened after you exposed their secret?"

"I wasn't trying to. I can't help it. I was being cornered and needed to prove my point. What's more, now that everything's out, they should talk to each other."

"Do you think you were mistaken about their feelings and they might feel uncomfortable looking at each other?"

"I doubt that. Look at Argus. He has feelings for her."

"What about Rhea then?"

"I think she does too..."

"I hope they both get together soon so we can escape this awkwardness...."

"You both...you do realize that I can hear your whispering?"

Argus stated, making them stop whispering.

"Oh, you can?"

"I forgot you were even here seeing how your mind is elsewhere."

"Whose fault do you think it is?"

Argus glared at Lydia, who nervously chuckled,

"Technically you both did not deny the claims I made that day. If it had offended both of you so much, then you should have refused then and there. But you were both incredibly busy being happy at hearing that your crush likes you back that this thought never crossed your mind."

"That.....I have to go."

He stands up abruptly.

"Why? Embarrassed?"

"Ohh escaping your feelings?"

"No. Unlike you two, I have got some actual work to do."

"Don't lie."

"Express your heart!"

"Be a man!"

"Don't be scared!"

Argus's face turned red upon the comments Lydia and Giselle were making since it made the rest of the customers turn towards them. Fortunately for him, Rhea was still too far enough to over hear what was going on.

"Shut up."

He added coldly and walked away. He was so quick to get out of the cafe that he ignored Rhea and went past her.

Rhea was glad that he didn't stop to talk to her since she was too embarrassed but seeing him rush out, she was bothered that something might have happened.

She went to Lydia and Giselle, who were giggling, to ask what had happened.

"Oh, it's just a young boy in love."

"Huh?"

"You should know what happened better than anyone."

Rhea's face flushed and after telling them both that they were stupid, she goes back to the counter. After a few minutes, Argus again comes inside and goes straight up to her, ignoring Lydia and Giselle who were inquiring him what's wrong.

"..Argus?"

"At what time does your shift ends?"

"Around five o' clock....why?"

"Good, at that time I'll come to pick you up then."

"What? Why? Where are we going?"

"On a date."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 90.5K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3M 247K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
3.4M 141K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.1M 26.9K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...