Amasa

Par wordtyper

A young Princess in precolonial Zimbabwe has many obstacles to face before she can taste freedom. Will the we... Plus

Chapter One- A hidden life
Chapter two- Anticipation
Chapter three- The questioning
Chapter four- Royal anxiety
Chapter five- Chioneko, my beauty
Chapter Six- keep it quiet
Chapter seven- A snake in the grass
Chapter eight- love or lie
Chapter nine- mourning festivities
Chapter ten- Good intentions
Chapter eleven- Evening butterflies
Chapter twelve- Internal struggles
Chapter thirteen- Fleeting secrets
Chapter fourteen- The loathe of a man
Chapter fifteen- Questionable interactions
Chapter sixteen- Storm before the calm
Chapter seventeen - Mixed emotions
Chapter eighteen - Winnowing chaff
Chapter twenty-Mending relations
Chapter Twenty One- Chasing love
Chapter Twenty Two- Murky relations
Chapter Twenty Three- Forever trepidation
Chapter Twenty Four- Dimming lights
Chapter Twenty Five- Inevitable Changes
Chapter Twenty Six- Arbitrament Preparations

Chapter nineteen- Simmering conversations

29 2 0
Par wordtyper

The large pot shook above the fire stand from the vigorous stirring. The two voluptuous women took turns to pound the sadza to a fluffy soft texture. The steam rose onto their faces in attempt to escape, only to condense into sweat. Vabhebhe continued to shout orders at them to stir faster before any lumps were formed. Chima had lost his willpower to make small conversation as he passed the village women. The firewood crackled and the fire brightened in the dark night, inevitably leaving a glow on everyone's face that was near.

 The food smelt delightful, Chima dreaded the fact that he no longer would receive prepared meals from the royal headquarters, he would soon need to marry or else he'd starve to death, especially if he had to cook alone. The one thing that he didn't understand was why Vabhebhe was cooking in Karimba tonight and not at the palace.

"Young man! Come here! We need you to carry this pot off the fire."

Vabhebhe ordered him while aggressively pointing to the sadza pot and back at Chima. Chima was slightly annoyed, he could have asked more nicely considering that he did not owe it to him to help. They would have figured something out if he wasn't around. Quietly aiding the two women to place the pot beside the fire off the stand, they overly praised him as he was about to take his leave and he politely responded with a gentle nod.

"You can lift some of that firewood and add them to the fire before you leave eh!"

Chima couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You can do that yourself, I have somewhere to be."

Vabhebhe put his hand on his waist and vigorously shook his finger at Chima with his belly simultaneously rippling with his movement.

"Young men of these days! They cannot help without using their sharp tongues to complain."

Vabhebhe retaliated.

"With all due respect Vabhebhe, you have paid servants to send around, and I am not one of them."

Vabhebhe took time to examine Chima's face.

"Aren't you that palace warrior obsessed with Runesu? I was given authority to give even warriors orders. Now hurry, I don't want my healthy fire to dissipate into smoke and ashes!"

"I'm not a warrior anymore alright! You'll have to figure it out yourself."

Chima's composure finally broke. It felt very unnatural for Chima to raise his voice, even his shout was coated in gentleness. Vabhebhe ordered the women to pick up the firewood and finish the meal preparations as he bounced his way to Chima.

"My good friend, whats wrong eh? I've seen you around here and there...you seem troubled."

Vabhebhe talked as he slapped Chima's back. Chima did not know how to respond so he just remained quiet.

"Why are you quiet all of a sudden ehh? I'm only trying to share your burden."

Vabhebhe spoke in a harsh whisper as he continuously looked back at the village women. Chima couldn't tell if it was to make sure they were working or in fear they may be eavesdropping on their conversation. Chima was certain Vabhebhe's extended hand of help was for himself to know of the latest gossip in Pokoda first, but Chima didn't care anymore, he was rock bottom and had no one to tell.

"I heard that you were fired by the king himself, yet you are still breathing and walking! Ikeke! The ancestors must really like you child or the king has just become soft. Speaking of soft, excuse me."

Looking back and flapping his hands, Vabhebhe shouted loudly, slightly startling Chima.

"Why do I smell the relish burning! Do I have to tell you everything oh Karimba! Stir that pot ikeke!"

Chima was astonished at how nosy Vabhebhe was, he was literally fired that afternoon and he already knew.

"Tell me my son, was it because of that servant girl? Did she get you into any trouble?"

"Her name is Runesu, and of course she didn't!"

Chima always grew defensive when it came to Runesu.

"Not intentionally anyway..."

Vabhebhe stared at Chima, waiting for him to continue with his explanation.

"I thought she was in trouble and impulsively reported."

Chima sighed. Vabhebhe had a questioning look on his face.

"Why would you lose your guardship for reporting? You have to give me more here to understand China."

"It's Chima."

"Ahh Ikeke sorry! It didn't sound right even in my head. You can continue."

Vabhebhe laughed hysterically to cover up for his mistake. This man was something else.

"I insinuated of Rima's involvement in questionable interactions, and unfortunately my evidence included a child's testimony."

"Eh mann! And I always thought you looked smart! How could you do something so stupid! Ah ikeke did you even think before acting! The royal family may have problems but they look out for each other. Just thank the heavens that you are still alive!"

"No need to rub salt on my wound, I know what I have done."

Chima mumbled.

Well at least she's gone now so there's no need to worry yourself anymore, love makes young people do the silliest of things!"

Chima looked at Vabhebhe in confusion as he continued to chuckle.

"What do you mean gone?"

Vabhebhe lifted his gaze at Chima and instantaneously clasped his hand over his mouth. His face expressed deep regret. He had overshared and he knew Chima would not easily let it go.

"Ahh I just meant gone from your life hehe now that you do not work up in Pokoda anymore. It was nice chatting with you, I have to take my leave, I have pots to attend to."

As Vabhebhe attempted to leave, Chima stepped in front of him, hindering him of his exit.

"You want to talk of pots now? When you were willing to ease my burden a few moments ago? Tell me what happened to her."

Vabhebhe felt the shift in ease of the conversation. Chima spoke very sternly and was not backing down.

"I swear to the heavens if anything happens to Runesu and you know something Vabhebhe!"

"Calm down! You'll cause scene!"

Looking over his shoulder, Vabhebhe signaled Chima to walk further down away from the fire.

"Why do you act possessed every time Runesu is involved! Ikeke get it together man. If this is what true love is like then I don't want it!"

Vabhebhe mumbled as he bobbled his way next to Chima.

"You are now raising my suspicions Vabhebhe, why are you down here this very night and not in Pokoda hee? Unless my assumptions are correct and you are somehow part of it? You always lingered around Runesu even at the rain festival, you pervert!"

"Ah! Can people stop calling a pervert eh! Now shut up and listen. Listen carefully because I am only going to say this once... you did not hear this from me."

Chima stood still, minimizing all movement to be as quiet as possible.

"So, he is now quiet because of Runesu eh?"

Vabhebhe said mockingly.

"Vabhebhe!"

He surely knew the art of making people's blood boil.

"Relax eh! I said I'm telling you!... possessed."

Vabhebhe smirked. He continued.

"As I was about to say, if you want to see Runesu before she is really gone, you have to follow her tonight out of Pokoda territory and up north to the Shintu region before she gets there. Once she is in their hands you'll have no chance of seeing her again."

Chima felt overwhelmed. What was Vabhebhe talking about?

"Why would she deliberately go there?"

Chima tried to wrap his mind around what Vabhebhe said.

"Because she is one of them. That is her home. That is all I am telling you because I see that you truly love her..."

Placing his hand on Chima's shoulder, Vabhebhe spoke softly.

"You have nothing to lose, follow her now on the old empire path and you might have a chance to see her."

Dropping his hand, Vabhebhe shot a sincere look at Chima.

"Be prepared for anything, I do not know what you may have to face. You are a man with a sincere soul Chima, may whatever happens be in your favor. Now hurry and go!"

Taking his chances and listening to Vabhebhe, Chima hurried to borrow a native's bow and a couple of arrows, before strapping up and heading to the old Empire path. Chima heavily depended on his intuition and feelings, and because of that he strongly felt that Vabhebhe was telling the truth and that Runesu was involuntarily involved in some grave situation.

"Remember, you did not hear this from me!"

Leaving Karimba village was fairly easy. The access was at anyone's free will to allow trading, herding and hunting to occur unlike the palace that lay on the mountain heavily layered with protection. All Chima had to do was to not raise suspicions among the palace warriors, whom remained alert at all times, whether or not they were on duty.  It was time to follow his heart.

.............................................................................................................................................................

*China- Dirt

................................................................................................................................................................

Dark seasons

Dust we came from,

And to dust we will go.

But someone do tell me,

At what point will we let

Unsettled dust show?

From the rising of the sun

To the brightness of the stars,

We hide our imperfections in darkness,

Making our whole self-unknown.

If only you knew

The pieces taken from you

To hide ones pain,

Will allow sadness in your heart to reign.

From dust we came

And to dust we will go

Color out your callouses,

At least then, your spirit will be able to transform,

Into a full fledge rainbow.

................................................................................................................................................................

Hello my dear Jelly babies 🤗🌻
It's so nice to see that smile on your face.... Ouuu there you go.😂
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. We are on the road to 1k!
Don't forget to vote and comment, your voice gives me a voice.
What could the next chapter hold?Let's find out.😉
Love you sweeties😏

................................................................................................................................................................

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

40.9K 9.1K 35
Twenty-six-year-old Kasiemobi Ejindu knows something sinister has been moving on with her for as long as she could recall even though she's oblivious...
19.9K 6.7K 32
COMPLETED!! ONYX VOYAGE SERIES: BOOK ONE ••••• ꧁ℝ𝔼𝕊𝕆𝕃𝕌𝕋𝕀𝕆ℕ𝕊꧂ It's a new year and everyone wante...
10.8K 1.8K 65
❖ A hundred years after a disease burned the world down, Adriana is dragged into a war she didn't know existed. The Aztec gods are fighting for their...
46.8K 4.4K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me 😉 *There wi...