"Kaylor. I like that." ( Fanf...

By ilikemeandyoulikeyou

Superstar Taylor Swift and Supermodel Karlie Kloss had often been told that they would get along tremendously... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
PSA
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
PSA (again)
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
CAUSE SHE'S DEAD!!!
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57

2

12.1K 247 40
By ilikemeandyoulikeyou

(A/N: Okay so this is a short filler that's filled with feels because it was needed. Next chapter will have more purpose, I promise. )

-----------------

It had been two days since the VSF show and Taylor was going through another day of meetings and recording sessions. She was stressed and overworked and yet, didn't want to take a break because if she did, her thought process would be lost. Or so she told herself when she declined the offer to have lunch with Jack Antonoff, one of her producers on the new album she was currently working on. This was somewhat true since she did have a song in mind that had come to her a few hours ago and she was indeed trying to put it on paper. However, the main reason was that she didn't really feel the need to go out with the Paparazzi still driving her crazy. Just then however, her phone pinged with a message from her newest contact. 

It read something like: 'Hey! If you're free this evening, how about we grab that coffee?
-Karlie x' 

Taylor couldn't help the smile that spread across her face when she read the name. She suddenly didn't feel like going out would be a pain. So without thinking twice she replied:

'Yeah! Perfect timing! Needed a break. You know a nice coffee place?
-TS x'

The reply was immediate and it only led to a wider grin spreading across her face.

'Yeah I do, actually. I'll text you the address in a bit. See you at 4:30?
-KK ;)'

It was 4:15pm and Taylor was walking towards the coffee shop since it turned out to be only a little distance away. Her bodyguards were walking in front and behind, keeping a good distance of course. Taylor was always nervous about walking on streets alone but she'd come to terms with the paparazzi fiasco now even though it still frustrated her at times. This time too, they were by her side and around her, though they didn't come near her because of security. Taking pictures and yelling her name. Taylor smiled a few times since it was no point ignoring all of them. They were however, somewhat better than the ones is LA. How true this was, still remained to be found out.

Soon she had come to the corner after which the coffee shop was situated and just as she turned the corner, she spotted Karlie walking towards the shop from the other side. She noticed her immediately and a big grin was spreading across her face, mimicking Taylor's expression. Pure sunshine.

"Hey! You look great!" Karlie said as soon as they were in arm length, instantly wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Thanks! So do you. Who knew jeans and a Tshirt could look so stylish?" She replied, letting go of her, turning towards the shop, holding the door open for Karlie.

"I could say the same to you, superstar." Karlie quipped, winking at her as she passed through the door.

It was a nice little cafe that had both a vintage and modern feel to it and Taylor liked it very much. The paparazzi however, kind of spoilt it for her as they stood right outside the big window, taking pictures of them.
Noticing how uncomfortable Taylor seemed, Karlie put her arm around her shoulder and whispered to her.

"Don't let them get to you. We're just here to have a good time. Just look at me."

Taylor was dumbfounded by this. No one Taylor had met before seemed so at ease with this situation despite knowing her for much longer and here Karlie was, telling her to calm down? Wow. 

"I know that. It's just frustrating that every new person I meet gets troubled because of me. It makes pretty hard to get out, this way." Taylor replied, glancing once outside the window.

"Hey. Don't look at them. You know, going out with people will be a lot more fun if you stop caring about them. The person you're with will feel much better if you manage to take their mind off of it by engaging with them properly. Always works."

And Taylor found that this was exactly what Karlie had managed to do. Taylor didn't even glance at them after that. Conversation with Karlie came so easily that they didn't even realise when a whole hour had passed. They were simply getting to know each other and giggling about anything and everything. They however , knew that even if they'd known each and everything about each other, they'd still be able to spend their lives just talking like this.

"Wow look at the time! Do you wanna get out of here and do some shopping?" Karlie suggested, sipping the last of her coffee.

The thought made Taylor's face light up again.
 "Yeah! Perfect. There are a few boutiques nearby that have some really cool clothes I think? I passed by them yesterday. Are you sure, though? Paparazzi is going to hound you as soon as we get out."

"Positive. As long as you don't mind, I'm okay with it! Come on, Tay. It'll be fun!" Karlie reached out a hand to tap her on the arm. 

"Oh alright! Let's go!" Taylor finally gave in and raised her hand to ask for the check. 

"Nope. You're not paying." Karlie quickly cut her off, grabbing the bill when the lady brought it to them.

 "No! I'm not letting you pay. How dare you." Taylor squealed, reaching across the table, trying to get the paper out of her hand...to no avail. 

"Neither am I." Karlie smirked at her taking out some money from her purse. Taylor was pouting, looking like a defeated 5 year old who didn't get her pony.

"Fine. I'm going to the restroom for a second." She said, getting up and walking off. 

Karlie found the piece of paper being taken from the back as Taylor snatched it yelling "ha! Gotcha. I always win."

She trotted to her purse and pulled out the money when Karlie finally stopped laughing and said, "Okay okay. You win. But. Let's just split it?"

 This made Taylor feel weird. She always split the check with her friends. Even her close friends. Clearly, Karlie was already a best friend...so why had she insisted on paying it in the first place? I'm trying to impress her. Wait, what?

"Taylor? Is that a yes? Hellooo?" Karlie's voice snapped her out of her daze.

"Yes. Okay. Let's just split it. God, we're so silly." She could feel a little embarrassment showing on her face but Karlie didn't seem to notice.

"Yeah. I love it." Karlie replied, grinning and putting down half the money on the table.

They stepped out of the cafe a few moments later, diving right into the crowd of paparazzi outside. Taylor smiled at a few of them and looked over at Karlie to see how she was taking it. She was surprised by Karlie's calm demeanour. She looked back at Taylor and grinned like her usual sunshine self, not even noticing the paparazzi and just like that neither did Taylor.

 They got into an easy conversation filled with giggles and laughs as they walked to the stores.
Taylor noticed that with Karlie around she didn't care in the least bit about how people were looking at her or about the constant flash of cameras.
It was probably her energy and she realised that as long as she concentrated on the conversation and being with Karlie, she didn't mind anybody around her. They spent the next two hours going from one store to the other, trying on designer dresses and shoes and what not.

--------(a/n: Karlie's POV)----

"What do you think?" Karlie looked up from her phone to see Taylor wearing another one of the dresses. "Wow. You look amazing! You need to buy this one for sure. Freaking gorgeous!" Karlie squealed as she eyed her new best friend from head to toe, her eyes lingering a little longer on her legs that were perfectly toned and looked extra gorgeous in the current dress.
"Pft. That's what you say for everything!" Taylor was looking at her with the raised eyebrow as if she'd noticed where Karlie's eyes had been.
"I swear I'm telling the truth! You look amazing in all of them." Karlie replied quickly looking away, avoiding eye contact.
"Oh, stop it you." Taylor was grinning again and Karlie could notice the small hint of a blush on her cheeks and she loved making that happen. She still didn't know why, though. It wasn't as if she wasn't flirtatious with all her girl friends but more so with Taylor and she found that neither of them minded even a little bit.
"Okay. I'm done. I think I'll get this one. You go ahead and try on those dresses but you haven't picked out enough! Start changing and I'll find you some more." Taylor said, walking out of the changing rooms after changing back.
"Okay." Karlie smiled to herself as she closed the door and started changing into the first one.
"Done yet, Karl?" The pet name made Karlie grin again for the millionth time that day. "Almost!" She called out through the door. She looked into the mirror one last time and opened the door, strutting out with a grin planted on her face. "Does this look good?"
Taylor's face lit up like a light bulb. "You look gorgeous! As always, but that looks really good on you! But...I think you should try this one. It didn't suit me but I BET you'll look AMAZING in this. Try it on? Please?"
"Okay? You're awfully excited about this. " Karlie took the dress from her, mildly amused by her enthusiasm.

"Are you done yet? I've got my camera ready." Taylor said through the door and Karlie could hear the smile in her voice, subconsciously making her smile too. "Yeah." Karlie stepped out feeling giddy and nervous, giving the best smile she could muster. "So?"
Taylor's face dropped immediately as she took in the sight of her best friend in probably the best dress she'd ever worn. "Oh...wow." was all she could muster as Karlie looked at her in puzzlement.
"You don't like it?" She asked, frowning. "What? No! I love it. You look...stunning. Everyone within a hundred feet of you would drop dead." Taylor replied as quickly as she could, trying to re-position her jaw that had seemingly dropped at the sight of Karlie. She looked her up and down once more, taking in all of her. She wouldn't stop staring.
"Uhm. So...should I buy it? I'm going to buy it." Karlie said with an air of finality when she saw Taylor mutely nod her head as she avoided her gaze. She went in to change back into her normal clothes. She had immensely enjoyed Taylor's reaction and it had been a while since someone had given her that kind of attention, what with Josh being so busy all the time. What. That's irrelevant.
Karlie stepped out with the dress draped on her arm and walked out to find Taylor near the cashier, lost in her phone. She looked up as soon as Karlie stood next to her, grinning. "I told you, you'd look great." Taylor looked like a 5 year old again, but this time it was a triumphant look as if she'd won her first track race.
"I should just become your fashion consultant." She was saying happily as they walked out of the store, surrounded once more by Paparazzi and Taylor's security.
"Mhm. It's too early for me to let you tell me what to wear, Tay." Karlie replied, giggling at the thought of Taylor finding time to lay out her outfits. "It's never too early. Did you see yourself in there? You looked amazing in it! And you wore it only because I told you to! That's it. You need to hire me." Taylor was laughing at herself at this point. They were slowly making their way back towards the studio since Taylor needed to continue working on her music and Karlie had a photoshoot a block down the same road. "Nah. I've got a better position for you. How about I hire you to be my bestie?" Karlie replied with a cheeky smile and a wink, slightly nervous as to what Taylor would say.
"Deal." Taylor was grinning from ear to ear and Karlie found herself mimicking the expression. Gosh, she's beautiful.

They kept walking and laughing at random things until they finally made it back to the studio. They were walking hand in hand at this point and neither of them wanted to let go since it had been the most fun either of them had had in a while. "Okay so you better call me a lot and keep in touch!" Karlie said, reluctantly letting go of Taylor's arm.
"Hmm...I'm not really good at this long distance thing." Taylor replied, winking "But don't worry though. I' expect the same from YOU!"
"Yes ma'am." Karlie tipped her head in reply and pulled Taylor into a tight hug. "I'll see you next time I'm in LA or you're in NYC." She whispered as she took in the scent of Taylor's hair she would never forget. "Why don't you come to LA? For a week!? Just a week? Please? It'll be amazing. I could show you my place and we could do so many other fun things! You HAVE to come over!" Taylor squealed, breaking the hug and pleading with her excited eyes.
"Ofcourse I will! That sounds awesome!" Karlie replied, her heartbeat quickening.
"YES! Okay we'll discuss this over the phone. Alright! Good bye! Talk to you soon!" Karlie said, one last time, kissing her on the cheek before turning around and walking up the street, looking back when Taylor shouted behind her "BYEEE! Miss me!"
"I'll try."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 5.9K 26
Sequel to The Mayor.
123K 3.3K 27
Singer- songwriter Taylor Swift has never been particularly lucky in love, so much so that she has become a lonely shadow of herself. However when sh...
70.4K 2.7K 15
*COMPLETED* Karlie Kloss is an international pop star with a bad girl reputation. It's all sex, drugs, and rock and roll with Karlie. That is, until...
12.1K 461 13
Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss had never met, much less spent anytime together before their first encounter at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2...