WHEN YOU LOVE

By AmariOkito

Who said finding love makes things simple? For Lee, it's probably the most challenging part. Bonus chapters o... More

YOU ASKED FOR IT
WALKING CHAOS [CAST, SKIP IF YOU WISH]
HOW ABOUT IT?
FOR YOU
NEW YEAR
MORNING, 2022
BLOODY HELL
BULSSANG GIRL x ULZZANG BOY
ALL THAT MATTERS
PINCH ME
HOME
FIRST DAY
SHUT YOUR TRAP
FIZZY LOVE
HIS BOLLOCKS
A GOOD THING
TEENS AND GENES
FROZEN EGGS
SELFISH
CRY, BABY
THE OX'S TALE
CROCODILE TEARS
NOT LIKE THIS
SCRAMBLED EGG
BREAKING EGGS
HARRY, WHERE ARE YOU?
JOLIE HOLLIE
ISLE OF DOUBT
FAITHLESS
TRUCE AND DARE
FORTY DEGREES RISING
CROSSFADING
FACE UP
COYOTE UGLY
WORSE FIRST
PINNED UP
007
SPELLBOUND
FUERZA
QUE SUSTO*
GINGER SPICE X ALL THINGS NICE
TIME TO CHANGE
WHEN YOU LOVE

XMAS MAYHEM

261 34 31
By AmariOkito

Somewhere in London.

"I don't understand why we have to spend our Christmas with my Ex-wife and her wife. Really, I don't. I did the maths; it doesn't add up, but subtracts," Lee said as they walked up the pathway to Camiles' and Janets' house.

Sana sighed, "we have to because that's what families do. Dylan is expecting us."

"Can't we spend Christmas with yours?"

Sana turned her head to the side and slid it back, "Lee, do you sincerely want to meet my parents?"

The man shrugged, "well, I think it will be better than spending Christmas in the L-world."

Sana giggled and shook her head, "Lee, stop exaggerating. The L-world what else?"

The man tugged on his collar, "and this sweater is sure hot."

"It's cold, Lee."

"Speak for yourself. Don't forget my ancestors spent their life with their bullocks hanging out from under their kilts," Lee said, taking the most pronounced accent he had, "and why does the bloody embroidered heart have to be so big?"

Sana closed her eyes, "because your heart is just as big, besides it's the brands' logo. AMI makes great quality sweaters."

"They can; they're expensive, blimey heck," the man said. He lowered his gaze and tugged on the bottom of the sweater to look at it. "I forbid you to spend that much on me again." Internally Lee loved the thick beige turtle neck.

Camille always thought practical when she bought him something. She never invested in his wardrobe to Lees' delight. Camille had very classic tastes where gray and black multiplied in her wardrobe. One could believe she never changed clothes. Whereas Sana loved vibrating colors, she understood Lee liked the sober with a touch of audacity.

Even without Sanas' comprehension of his preferences, the man appreciated the gesture that gave him the impression she cared for him.

Sana was the woman with the tender intentions. She stopped in every vinyl store she saw to find rarities. She didn't go through customs without getting Lees' fav aftershave, perfume, or chocolates. For the first time in a while. If not to say in years, Lee didn't feel like the invisible half.

"Let me have a look at you," Lee turned to face her, and Sana proceeded to lower and bulk the fabric of the neck part of his sweater.

Lee frowned at what seemed to be a profound examination of his neckline, "what are you doing?"

"Checking you're not irritated. I read the rubbing of the fabric on your beard could do that."

The man's gaze softened as he stared at the woman with her wavy black hair she had grown out from her bob. It was odd how one minute, you threw beer on someone's face, and the next, they became an essential element of your life.

Sana looked up, "Lee, what's the matter?"

"Have I ever told you I love you?"

Sana's breath hitched. Her already crimson cheek caught fire while her nose beeped like Rodolph, the red nose reindeer.

"Lee."

The man leaned and kissed the tip of her nose, sighed, turned to face the door, "well, at least that's done. You can ring the doorbell now."

Sana shook her head; the man was incapable of maintaining any momentum that seemed solemn. Yet Lee never played with words, and Sana knew the man meant what he said even if he moved on to the next subject in an instant.

"Don'tㅡ."

Sanas' lips quirked, "what?"

"Say I love you too. People do it in movies, but it's the worst," Lee said with turning to face her.

"Lee," Sana exclaimed.

"I know you love me. At least I hope you do, or that you have a set of feelings close to love, but find another moment, I mean to say it. Don't return it now as if you're saying hello. It's cliché and boring."

Sana had never thought of it that way. It was true most people replied to the declaration with an I-love-you-too. The woman never considered the other could perceive it as a mere greeting. Thus, Sana decided to keep her sentiments for a moment where the man least expected it.

Lee rang the doorbell.

"I'm coming," they heard before the door opened, "Lee, Sana, I'm so glad you made it."

Lee eyed Janet's Christmas sweater, sighed, "I didn't want to come. She roped me here. I'm here for the food and drinks. When I'm done, I'm gone." Lee handed Janet the bottles he held and entered. Sana shook her head, leaned to give Janet two kisses on the cheek french way, and followed Lee.

"Dad," Dylan yelled when he saw his father enter the living room. Of course, his new girlfriend was there too. Candy was a young version of Fka Twigs with two braids, onion rings styled baby hairs and gap teeth. Lee figured she cultivated the resemblance and that his son had a fetish for girls resembling pop idols. She was also timid and awkward when she didn't know people. Like Dylan, she too was from a divorced home, and she preferred to spend Christmas with his family than either one of her parents.

For Dylan, finally, his family began to resemble one again. Unlike what people imagined, he wasn't bothered by his mothers' coming out or remarriage. Nor was he tickled by the fact his father dated a younger woman.

No, what stressed Dylan Jarvis Cook was the anger, frustration, and non-communication between his parents. He wouldn't have held another year in this passive-aggressive climate. Dylan felt himself slip. He detested being with his parents back then. The young man just wished for people to leave him alone until his hero came along.

This chirpy french woman who killed the myth of the grumpy Parisian saved his father from his dungeon and him by the same occasion. Thanks to Sana, his father could be in the same room as his mother. Also, she was fun. Sana didn't come with the stereotypical stepmom vibe. Like Janet, she preferred the role of the other-adult-in-the-room-if-you-need-one.

Both Janet and Sana respected his space and the fact he had his parents, but they were there just in case. Dylan appreciated the concept and his soon 2022 remodeled family.

"Lee, you know, John, right."

"Hi, I didn't know you were part of the L-world."

John laughed as he shook Lee's hand, " I see you still got that sense of humor."

"Why change a habit?" Lee said and unleashed his signature sardonic smile.

John Clarke was Janet's colleague, just like the guest who joined them.

"Liam, this is Lee Cook, former regional manager."

"Oh, he's the cynical guy that got fired, right?"

A raw silence filled the room.

Janet chuckled, "Liam, reminds me of you, Lee," she said to break the ice before it froze their evening.

"I see you've turned your department into a gay oasis, Janet," Lee said and went to join Sana, who helped out in the kitchen.

The man gasped when he saw Camille, "what on earth? We all know you're married, but the matching Christmas sweater. Come on, Camille."

"She made me do it," Camille said as Janet to add the olives to the tuna toasts.

Lee wasn't the only one adapting to his new lover. His Ex-wife, too, stepped out of her comfort zone. Again the facts battered the reality of how they were mismatched when the two were married.

How did they ever think they could spend their whole life together?

They were a much better version of themselves with someone else.

"Gosh, everything looks delicious," Sana said as Camille took the turkey out of the oven.

"Janet and I have been preparing this since daybreak."

"There's enough a for a regiment. Don't tell me you're expecting more guests," Lee said.

The man already fumed about having his evening with Sana sliced like sashimi. She only came on weekends. For the first time in a while, Christmas was a Saturday. The timing was perfect, and Lee had in mind declining his Ex-wife's invitation for a romantic night with Sana. Things would have worked out fine if Janet didn't send Sana an invitation for their Christmas dinner via Teams. Of course, the polite woman Sana was accepted though Lee reminded her she needn't be nice or anything else with his Ex and her wife.

For some crazy reason that Lee still tried to figure out as he watched his girlfriend help out; Sana liked the two women. Together the three women broke a century-long tradition where the reformulated couples were sworn enemies.

"Lee, can you hand me the paper towels behind you, please?"

"Hey, I didn't come here to do some manual labor and stop exploiting my woman," he went to grab Sana by the hand.

"It's okay, Lee. I always give a hand to my family."

"See, they already manipulated you elsewhere, and the British did enough exploiting India. So you're going to come with me and be a guest as you should," Lee said in his usual gruff manner that had his Scottish ancestors' accent stretching out in each word.

"I can'tㅡ," laughed Janet. The woman now knew Lees' grumbling was a trademark, yes occasionally, he slid in his truths, but most of the time, it was plain comical relief if one liked the dark and cynical. Janet realized she appreciated him a lot while glancing at him as Lee kissed Sana under the mistletoe. He had that rare honesty. Dylan had the same traits and was a fine young man.

She approached her wife, "Camille, I'm sure."

"Janet, we have many other options. I mean, we're talking about Lee here. I'm not sure he'll be willing to give up a few toy soldiers even if he unleashes millions daily. I don't want to tighten ties I broke."

"Camille, I prefer to know where the soldiers are coming from. Look at Dylan; he's great."

Camille sighed, "you hated him two years ago, remember?"

"Yes, and he hated me. All is fair in love and war. Besides, people change. We've all changed."

Camille shook her head from side to side, "I doubt Lee has changed enough to say yes. You know he'll say no, right, honey? I don't want you to get your hopes up."

"We won't know until we ask," Janet said and kissed her wife.

Ho Ho Ho,

I'm laughing already.

I hope you enjoyed your evening. As usual, I wrote, and it was the best Christmas present for me. Though I love music, I also appreciate writing in raw silence.

I hope you enjoyed my gift 🎁

I'm so glad to be with Lee and Sana again. I felt we had some unfinished business, so let's finish!

Have a great day, take care!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75 0 3
A young girl finds love, in the weirdest way. Not understanding or knowing that she was falling in love, the help of a little friend. copywrite@mari...
6.9K 107 18
it random story of tmnt. always comment ideas it can always be anything. on of them falling in love. family fight/issues. friend problems, dating, an...
366 6 30
It all started here on a bench. That's where Jackielyn met a boy, he was different to anyone else she ever came across but what happens when things s...