Skinny Dipping At Dusk

By PeytonNovak

When seventeen year old Mia is sent by her mother to go work at an all-boys summer camp, she can’t help but w... More

Summer Camp?
Early Riser
Camp Fire?
A Cold Night..
Locked In...
Frozen Patties
The Ropes Course
A Well Needed Rescue
Twenty Three Is Still Too Old...
The Party Place
Slender Man
Risky Business
Mixed Emotion's And Treasure Hunting
Nathan
Not Sexy?
The Hot Spot.
I Guess I'm Just A Child..
Oh No He Didn't
And You Knew?
One Direction Towel
One Less Man...
Landon's POV
An Unexpected Surprise
A Disaster Double Date.
Disappointment
The Ex
This Is NOT A Date
Just Friends
An Accidental Kiss
Gone.
Breaking And Entering
House Visit
Stay?
Mistake?
Not Okay
The "L" Word
Don't Push Me Away
The End Of Summer Camp.
Epilogue

A Present From Landon?

78.5K 2.9K 696
By PeytonNovak

 This is unedited...it will be edited soon though. 

What’s up my lovelies? I’m glad you liked the rather boring chapter, well it was in my mind maybe not yours but I’m still glad. So, here’s the next one. Unlike my other stories, I’m not really sure when I want to end this one. I’m still wondering if I want to make it a longer story or not so yeah…

Happy Reading!

It was two in the morning and very dark out by the time Nathan dropped me back off at camp. Cole had offered to drive, well actually insisted but Nathan made up some stupid lie about forgetting something here and wanting to come back and get it himself. Either way, I was very happy I didn’t have to be stuck with Cole in a car for hours.

“Bye, thanks for the ride. I’ll miss you,” I said reaching over the consul between the seats and placing a small peck on Nathan’s cheek.

“Jack broke up with me,” he suddenly blurted, a very sad expression crossing his face.

Shocked by his sudden outburst, I had a loss for words. Jack and Nathan were perfect for each other. They never seemed to fight and were always agreeing on things. Every time I saw them together they were giggling and exchanging cute little kisses.

What had gone wrong? “What?”

Nathan sighed and a little tear slipped from his eye. “He’s moving to Colorado and decided it was best to break off our relationship because long distance ones never last.”

Biting my lip, I grabbed his face and turned it towards mine so he could look at me instead of his hands. “You are amazing, and you and Jack are perfect for each other. But I agree with him. Just take a break from each other, and then if you two really can’t be apart, than you can start up something long distance.”

“You’re right, and I know he is too but I’m just going to miss him so much,” my best friend’s voice crackled at the last part, but he held his head high.

Smiling, I squeezed his cheeks. “At least you know he didn’t break up with you because he didn’t like you anymore.”

“He still broke up with me.”

Rolling my eyes, I placed another kiss on his cheek and opened the car door. “Nathan you know he loves you, and I bet he won’t be able not to call in the first week he’s gone. Don’t worry; you’ll always have a perfect someone. Thanks for the ride, see you in a month.”

With one last wave I shut the door behind me and watched as Nathan drove away into the darkness. Once his headlights were out of view, I only had the moonlight to guide me back to my cabin. Cutting across the soccer field, I watched the lake water ripple in and out of shore. It reminded me of the night I went skinny dipping. Actually no clothes, butt naked. This made me laugh.

My laugh came to an abrupt stop when the thought of Landon popped into my mind. I didn’t really know what to think of the sexy brown haired goddess. Sometimes, I felt like biting his gorgeous head off and tossing it into the lake. He really had a way to drive me insane. But then at other times he made me almost weak in the knees.

 Cliché right? But it was true. When we were at the movie theaters and I saw him with that Carly girl, all I wanted to do was rip out my hair. Jealousy was a trait I was not used to. And after the fire when I couldn’t find him all I could think about was what if he was gone? It made my heart race so fast I thought I would have a heart attack.

At the sight of my friend the tree Frank, I smiled. “I could use your guidance again,” I said aloud facing the dark branches that loamed over me like a million little shadows.

The wind picked up and Frank swayed back and forth as if answering my question. “It just seems so hard to think about guys lately. One minute I have a really good friend, and the next he tells me he likes me and then gets mad when I don’t really like him back. Oh and then there’s the jerk that I can’t stand but always seem to think about. How come the bad guys always win the girls hearts?”

Once again the leaves ruffled in the wind and I smiled up at Frank. “Well at least it felt good to get out man, thanks for listening.”

Intertwining my fingers together, I headed for my cabin. After a few long strides I made it to the steps and hopped up each one. On the last step, instead of coming down on the hard wood my feet hit something squishy. Screaming, I lost my balance and fell to the floor with a thump.

The floor screamed back. Oh wait, no I know that voice.

Landon.

“Ow what the fuck Mia?” he said rubbing his head and getting up into a sitting position.

Still shocked and with my heart racing I did the same. “What are you doing at the top of my steps?”

“What are you doing jumping the last step like you’re trying to kill a spider?” he retorted, rubbing the spot on his stomach which I must had landed on.

This made me laugh. Well no not laugh, more like giggle. God I hated giggling. It sounded so girly and flirty. “Not my fault, you were on my steps.”

Landon sighed. “Do you not look where you’re stepping? I would think most people look where they are going in the dark…”

Rolling my eyes, I pulled myself to my feet. Landon did the same after. “Why are you here?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest and trying hard to bit my lip.

It was a bad habit.

“Lose the tude beautiful, I brought you a present. It is your birthday after all.”

I was thankful that it was dark because when he said the word beautiful my face instantly felt warm. No doubt if we were in the sun I would look like a cherry. And he brought me a present? “Ah, you mean it was my birthday. It’s two in the morning now. But thanks I guess?”

Landon rolled his gorgeous green eyes and put a hand on his hip. “Girl I just waited like five hours on your front steps except my bleated birthday present.”

Not being able to hold in another giggle, I took was in his extended hand. There was a small box and a jump drive. I looked up at him with a confused expression plastered on my face.

“Well I know you like to run, so I put a bunch of my favorite workout songs on there, so you can put them on your IPod and listen while you run,” he explain nervously.

Landon nervous?

I reached to open the box but he stopped me. “Wait, I don’t want you to open that in front of me. It’s my journal notes. All of them. Some of them are about you, so I thought you should have them.  Don’t want any other guys going through my stuff.”

My jaw practically dropped to the floor. He was giving me all his journal notes? That was private though, and he had written about me in them? “I can’t take these,” I said immediacy shoving the box back at him.

Landon sighed. “No, I don’t want them. They’re for you. Don’t give them back; I’m not really good at this whole thing Mia.”

His whole expression screamed embarrassed, nervous and very uncomfortable. Even though I did want to know what was in them, I knew I could read them. At least I could humor him and take them though. If that’s what he really wanted, then I might as well just put them away. But never read them, I couldn’t do that. It would be invading his private thoughts.

“Well, I guess then,” I finally answered holding the box down at my side. “Oh and ah thanks for the music, it’s really nice of you to do that. You didn’t have to give me anything.”

He smiled. “Well I did, do be happy. And were you talking to a tree earlier? I could have sworn I heard something?”

Damn, that was the second time someone caught me talking to a tree. “What? No…that’s just silly.”

A grand smile spread across Landon’s face.

Biting my lip; a bad habit I seriously needed to break, I looked up into his gorgeous eyes that seemed to be shimmering under the light of the moon. I could feel my breath hitch at the back of my throat as he seemed to lean closer and closer every second. Oh my God was Landon going to kiss me? The same Landon that hates my guts? The same bipolar guy that I’ve been trying to avoid my feelings for?

Oh God, he’s going to kiss me.

My eyes fluttered shut, and then open when I thought about how stupid I would look if he actually wasn’t going to kiss me. His eyes burned into my skin like the sun on a hot summer day and I felt my knees actually shaking.

My God what was he doing to me?

Before I could find out the answer, my cabin door swung open and Owen stood in front of us with angry eyes.

What the hell?

Short one, I know. Oh well, hope you liked it. Click the vote button please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 4.2K 28
#20 in Wattys2016Fanfiction Selena Miller goes to a camp for Summer Break called Camp Rock. Her friend Mitchell is there, and Selena keeps Mitchy's s...
2.6K 232 22
2 years following the covid-19 lockdown, 16 year old Isabel De La Cruz feels fumbled and overwhelmed about school re-opening again. Sure, she might b...
150K 1.7K 7
Amber Harlet is forced to go to soccer camp by her mom. Amber, who is an Anti-social socially awkward bookworm, plans to keep a low profile, as usual...
815 32 14
Her name is Alexandria Lovelace, and she has turned 16 this summer. She wants to go to LA with her aunt, but plans get ruined by her grandpa's death...