Her strength

By EmmeraldGreenee

A wolf with no wolf thats who Ameera is, she fights for everything she knows she deserves even if that means... More

chapter 2

chapter 1

124 12 16
By EmmeraldGreenee

We're circling each other; I use the back of my right hand and wipe the blood trickling down my nose towards my upper lip. His eyes are intense, he's staring me down. I can't help but smirk at him. I've got the wolf side of him ready to make me turn my neck to him... but I won't.

Taking the chance, I run at him knowing he will try to dodge, but before he does I slide, kicking him off balance. He's on his back trying to calculate my next move, but I am already on top of him.

Right, Left, Right, Left I'm relentless in my punches to his face; I can not let up,I have to win, I have to be the best, I have to show them I am a warrior.
His throat is wide open, I'm ready to deliver my last blow, my fist coming down to knock the wind out of his chest, but I freeze in the last second. Underneath me I feel his chest rumbling, a pure animalistic growl coming from deep within his chest; his wolf is fighting to take over. My heart is pounding; I have to take this chance or it'll be over and his wolf will have me pinned.

I decided to take the last punch, but with my hesitation, he grabbed my fist with his claws descended drawing blood.

"Too late Ameera."

I wince at his voice, he thinks he's won, and I hate it. I won't go down that easy, I use the next best thing to my fist..my fucking head. surprised at my next move, we're both wincing and crying out in pain.

"Dammit, Ameera it's just training for god sake you don't have to give us brain damage."

Rubbing my forehead, I let out a laugh "What did you think I was gonna do just let you win? I go hard or go even harder."

He was glaring now, my best friend Benjamin rubbed his head as I stood up. Holding my hand out as a sign of truce, he looked up at it, rolling his eyes.

"Don't be such a baby Benji it's just a little bump you'll be fine"

pulling himself up, he brushes off the dirt and grass on him.
"what did I tell you about calling me that? it sounds like a dog's name"

he scrunched up his face in distaste for the nickname I had given him since we were kids.

Leading the way off the field that we've been training on for the past six hours, we head to our cars. Giving his arm a nudge, he looks down at me and I stick out my tongue, "you'll always be my little animal, Benji."
He smirked, taking his hand and playfully fluffing my messy curly hair, "I can show you what kind of animal I can be" 

Looking up at him, his usual hazel eyes are now glowing a golden yellow reminding me that his wolf is still up and scratching to get out.
Benjamin's wolf would never intentionally hurt me, but I was in no condition to play with him right now.

"alright right alright right calm down boy I get it" I threw my hands up in surrender, making Benji laugh and put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him.

Opening the door to my 2018 Lexus. I sit in my seat, closing the door. I rolled down my window. Benjamin steps forward to lean on the hood, "so do you think you're ready for the warrior exams?"

I wanted to tell him the truth and say I was scared as hell that I was ready to throw up in his face right there as we talked about it, but who am I kidding, no way am I letting on to my worries suck that shit up Ameera your about to be a lead warrior.

"Of course I am I whooped your ass on the field like ten times, I'm definitely gonna make lead this year"

Nodding my head to reassure him, but more for myself. He patted my shoulder, looking at his face. I knew he could tell I was half-lying.

"Ameera you work your ass off more than anyone in the pack, even with a dormant wolf I would pick you as the lead before anyone else, and that's me speaking as one of the top fighters not just your friend".

I sigh, giving him a smile, "I deserve that position and I'm gonna fight like hell for it, whooping you and every other fighter's ass."

He stepped back, shaking his head and smirking "that's my little warrior princess" putting the key in the ignition I got ready to pull off.

"Thanks again for helping me train today I don't know what id do without you."

he opens his car door, waving me off "anytime princess"

Pulling up to the driveway, I can hear the start of my mother's favorite song. She must be in her garden if she's playing it, which means my father is sitting and watching her as she cares for and nurtures her plants.

I walk through the front door of the house; the living room is clean as always, not a thing out of place, making my way to the kitchen. I smell dinner cooking, it's her homemade soup tonight. Walking over to the stove I close my eyes, taking a sniff as I lift the lid, is it possible to have an orgasm from the smell of food alone? I grab the spoon sitting next to the pot and take a spoonful. Chicken, corn, rice, potatoes, shrimp, and carrots all flooded my mouth every taste bud being lit up like Christmas lights the seasonings mixing so well together I only hoped to be half the cook my mother is.

Putting the spoon down and walking to the back porch the music is louder I can hear the low humming of my father as my mother sang along "Cinnamon flavor Taste the honey I'm your little flower and you're my bumble bee Sitting in the garden Shade under the tree Tell me that you love me and that you belong to me Riding through the country Hair blowing I'm free" leaning against the door frame I take in the sight of my mother on her knees planting this seasons flowers, she sets a light pink one that reminds me of cotton candy into the ground I think they're called camellias.

"You guys seem to be enjoying yourselves."

I push myself off the door frame walking forward to join my dad at the miniature brown table that looks way too small for him to be sitting at. My father looks up from his paperwork showing me his award-winning smile that melts anyone's heart whenever they see it, while his big brown eyes that always look tired but never seem to age light up when he sees me.

"Mi Mundo

He stood up to hug me; it never fails to seem like I'm swallowed by his arms when he pulls me in. I feel so warm and protected whenever I'm wrapped up in them.My mother has made her way over to us, dusting off her knees.

"Baby your finally home that was a long training session today" 

Hugging my mom, who by the way, is the smallest woman I have met her face coming just under my chin, you look at us and wonder who's is the parent.

"Yea I know but exams are close and I plan to be at the top this year so I have to get in as much training as possible." 

Sighing and nodding her head. I can see she's worried for me.

"Rehema you know she's worked hard to get to this moment let her show those punks what she's made of."

I watch as the tension and worry on my mother's face disappears and a smile of relief comes across it; the comfort and confidence in my father's voice has always given my mother the peace she's needed when I have decided to push her comfort zone. guess that's what the power of a mate can do.

Grabbing my mother's mud-covered hand, I pull her towards the house; the sun has pretty much set and the sky is a dark orange; it looks like it's been set ablaze.

"I'm hungry let's eat already".

Pushing my bowl away, I stretch my arms out, belly full of the delicious soup I snuck a taste of earlier.

"Another wonderful meal mi amor. "

My father sits back, rubbing his stomach, looking satisfied.
Standing up to gather everyone's bowls, my mother takes a minute to glide behind him to kiss and ruffle the top of his head.

"You're welcome minaar.

I catch myself smiling at the affection they show each other in their own languages, I never wholly picked up my mothers since she lost her pack at a young age she only remembers just enough to miss her home in South Africa.

Clearing my throat, I stood up, it was time I took my leave 

"Okay so I'm gonna head to the shower I smell as bad as I feel." 

Sniffing myself, I scrunched my face at how awful I did smell, walking up to my room I can hear my mothers giggles and my father's low voice probably whispering things to her as he had his arms wrapped around her acting like he was helping her wash dishes just like the countless times I have caught him doing before.

Disappearing into my room, I shut the door. It's me in complete quiet now. My body aches I can feel all the bumps and bruises from today added on to yesterday's training aches and pains.
I lay down on my bed exhaling finally realizing i'd been holding my breath, staring at the ceiling focusing on one of the glow-in-the-dark stars that I have had stuck up there since I could remember 

"Your badass Ameera it's gonna happen you'll make it and you'll finally be a lead warrior and kick Rowan's snarky ass." 

Smirking at the thought of me proving myself and kicking the future alphas ass in front of everyone has my pride lighting up and my wolf purring very low in appreciation at the thought.

She's faint and I can't reach out to her, but I can feel her sometimes, and that's enough for me to keep pushing, to believe she will shift when ready... even if it's been seven years past the time, I should have shifted.

Patting my chest like I was patting her, I grab my towel and clothes heading to the shower.

There was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Baby are you almost finished?"

It was my mother, "yes just rinsing my hair out now."

"Okay when you're finished can you head downstairs there's someone here to see you."

I stop mid-rinsing, who could be here this late to talk to me? 

"Yeah okay I will be out right now." 

I could hear her footsteps walking away.
Rinsing the rest of my hair out I thank myself for not doing my usual hair routine or id be in here for at least another hour.
Stepping out, I wrap my towel around me and wipe the mirror with my hand. I look awake and refreshed yet my body is screaming to get a rest. I caught a glimpse of a bruise on the side of my right cheek. I instinctively rub it remembering Benjamin giving me a good right hook today.

Shaking it off, I dry my hair off my kinky curls already starting to dry and shrink, it took me a while to find the right care for my kinky 4b hair that I inherited from my mother but I have finally reached the point of loving and understanding it the right way.

I quickly throw my dirty clothes into the laundry basket and head downstairs to finally see who I have waiting for me, getting to the bottom of the stairs and turning the corner to get to the living room I stop mid-step to see who it is.
It's Alpha Easton; he looks up, makes eye contact with me, and he stands to greet me.

"Hi Alpha this is a surprise?" 

I cleared my throat. I can tell I sound hesitant. I know my father is his beta, but he never just drops by this late unless for a reason.
He sits back down in his seat as I sit between my parents, 

"Well I just wanted to come by and let you know some good news."

Good news? I look at him confused and see my dad just as confused 

"Ok what is it?" 

Clearing his throat, he sits up a bit straighter, oh, this must be important.

"This year at the training exams we will be having another pack join us...the FolkVang pack."

"The FolkVangs will be joining? Easton are you crazy?"

I turned to my father, who was definitely not happy about this my mother placed her hand on top of his instantly, causing him to relax a bit; this pack was known as the most cold-blooded, merciless, and unsparing pack in existence.
Alpha Easton gave my father a warning stare; they may be close. but he didn't allow disrespect

"I know your feelings towards them Leo but because of their ways they have many great and useful fighters, which brings me back to the reason I'm here."

He's facing me once again I'm nervous what do me and the most vicious pack known to man have to do with each other "at the exams we will be trading wolves to help gain more fighting technics and I have chosen you as one of the top picks to lead in the human to human fighting portion" am I breathing? I don't think I'm breathing?.
My father claps his hands together in excitement.

"My baby girl she's being chosen."

I cant do or say anything but smile back at the alpha, I mean this is basically what I have been fighting for, to be noticed and pulled up in the ranks of the warriors this is it this is what I have been waiting for. 

"Now it hasn't been officiated but you will be in the lead, of course, you'll still have to go through all the other exam tests to prove you can handle this position you understand that Ameera?"

Holding my head up I nod. 

"Yes of course I don't expect to just be given the position I plan to prove that I deserve this alpha Easton don't worry." 

The tension in my stiff back is slowly relieved as I felt my father's hand on it, I didn't have to look over at him to know he was proud of how I was handling myself, Alpha Easton stood up.

"Great then ill see you in two days." 

Hand outstretched, he waited for me to take it, without hesitation. I stood and shook it with all the confidence I could muster.

"Thank you Alpha Easton for this opportunity."

He nodded "I will see myself out."

my father walked forward, "let me walk you out, Easton".

Before I could even make a move, my mother's arms were around me.

"your shaking baby."

I looked down at my hands; they were shaking and I didn't even realize 

"your amazing Ameera you've done everything to prove yourself we are so proud of you."

Hugging her back I hold back tears, "thanks mom it's because of you and dad that I am who I am."

"Yeah and that's a badass with all the confidence in the world." 

Both me and my mother smiled, laughing at my father.
he walks over to us, hugging us both.

"How'd I get blessed with such amazing women in my life."

My mother patted his chest "the goddess didn't want you to fend for yourself forever darling she could sense your struggle." 

I lost my breath from laughing so much, they think they were blessed its more like I was blessed, blessed with the best parents ever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...