Half Heart Hero: Bubble Heart...

By KappaTurtleGirl

A long time ago, humans and Yokai used to live in peace and then one day, nine unlikely heroes managed to sav... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 12

82 2 0
By KappaTurtleGirl

Leo felt his consciousness awakening again, his eyes slip open. He didn't know what happened but the last time he was here, Casey, Pavi, Reika, Shira and the four Yokai crashed here. He lifted up his head, seeing that they had fallen down. The concrete has covered the exit and all the debris has crashed around. He slowly inched his way out as soon as Shira woke up in his arms.

More bubbles had formed. It stretched over from her right arm and a few on her legs. Bigger bubbles had formed on her hips and her head.

Pavi got up as well. She was by a nearby corner as Reika emerged from the rubble, her head covered with bruises. "Shira, are you okay?" Pavi moaned weakly.

"I think so," she moaned. "But barely."

"Damn," Reika growled, pulling out of the rubble. She began to fix her skeleton wing, popping it back in place as she groaned. "That's gotta leave a scar."

Meloetta clutched her head as soon as Twilight and Akua pulled Celebi out. The green fairy cried in pain as she clutched her arm. Her arm was broken and scarred as if the rubble had crushed her.

"Celebi," Shira gasped. "You're hurt."

Celebi let out a whining moan, clutching her wound. Shira began to inch closer and picked her up.

"Hang on, Celebi," Pavi told the fairy. "I'll try and patch you up." As soon as Pavi starts to get her medical supplies, Casey emerges out of the rubble. They were inside an old control room and there was no way out.

"Casey, you okay?" Leo asked him. He tried to get up, but was still weak. His entire body was covered with bruises, possibly a broken rib and a twisted fist. His wings were covered with dust as he stretched them back into place and folded. Then he lifted his communicator from his arm. "Donnie, Mikey, anybody?"

Casey didn't know why it just happened. He slid down the rubble to Leo, with a very upset look.

"What the heck was that? Why weren't you listening to anybody?" Casey barked at the turtle, although he always knew that Leo was being selfish and wasn't listening to the team.

"Because I was trying to get us into the other side of that fight and into the building!" Leo glared, figuring the plan was supposed to work perfectly.

"That sure worked out well," Reika hissed angrily, folding her arms up.

"I was doing everything right."

The leatherback sea turtle watched helplessly, wondering what she could say. After all, why is Leo making bad decisions?

"How could it go wrong?" Shira asked with a downhearted expression, while she carried Celebi. "Where did he get everything wrong?"

"Because he wasn't listening to your team," Casey replied, honestly. "Besides, Celebi got herself injured by that monster." He then turned his head back to Leo. "You don't have all the answers all the time."

"But I'm the greatest ninja the world's ever seen," Leo barked, defending himself. "You said that."

This is ridiculous. Why could the others see that he was trying to be the greatest ninja? The pressure of this situation was all on Leo.

Casey went still for a long time before he answered in a cold, venomous voice. "I was wrong."

"What?"

"You're impulsive, you're arrogant, and you don't see that every decision you make could cost someone their life," the teen scHolded. Pavi's eyes are filled with horror as Akua begins to whimper. Shira began to pick Twilight up as the one eyed turtle looked away. Reika was understanding now because Casey knew. The red eared slider turned away as soon as the human continued on. "You want to know what really happened to your siblings in the future? They die. Everybody dies fighting the Krang. The world needs Master Leonardo, and all I get is this guy."

"Casey is right!" Reika cried out. "Why won't you listen?"

"I just wanted to be the greatest ninja," Leo yelled back. "I don't care if anybody believes me."

"Raph is gone, Leo!" Reika shouted. "Is this what you got to change our present?"

"I couldn't save him. We just got to save Raph."

That was enough. Reika stared at the way that they had fallen. Something snapped inside her. This was too much, and Leo had been nothing but trouble for her. She spun around, narrowing her eyes. "You're the one who doesn't care," she began angrily, her weak power sparked. "You're the one who led us to danger. We will never survive out there. And my future husband is gone because of you!!"

Leo gasped, his blue eyes were huge with tiny tears trickling down. Casey, Pavi and Shira are completely stunned by what Reika had yelled. Twilight, Akua, Celebi, and Meloetta whimpered. He turned despondently toward the ground, away from Reika's face. Reika softened, realizing her mistake. She didn't mean to yell at him.

"Leo... I..."

But Leo turned away from her. "I just can't talk to you right now," he said, his voice breaking.

Casey could not believe that Reika had yelled out for the red eared slider's impulsive emotion. She totally understood what he had known and he knew that he had to get out of here. He tossed away the photo to the ground and headed back up to the rubble. Frowning, he began to clear a path as Reika began helping him.

Shira slumped to the ground. She can't believe it. She, Casey, Leo, Reika, Pavi and the Yokai are stuck together with no way out.

Hours have passed. Pavi had bandaged Celebi's arm as Twilight and Akua huddled close. Shira curled her body close for warmth. She thought about her sisters, Donnie, Mikey, and what was gonna happen to Raph. Meloetta felt pretty bad that Shira and the others failed their mission.

"I guess... this really is the end," Shira muttered. She began to rub her remaining Ogima eye with her tentacles as Pavi sat down with her.

"It's okay..." she told her. "You can figure this out."

"I can't, Pavi...." she sobbed. "I don't know what's gonna happen to the others. If they die... I don't know what I'll do."

Celebi, Twilight, Akua and Meloetta watched solemnly 

Pavi watched as Shira curled herself and held her gem, sniffling. She felt sorry for the Yokai as soon as she began to talk.

"I totally know how you feel," she said. "I had lost a member of my family since the phizzwizard I made changed the town's lives."

The young nightmaren began to think about what will happen to her brother and the others. She began to grab a nearby stick.

Shira looked over and saw that Pavi was drawing her world. "What is it?"

"This was my home," Pavi told her. "My family lived up here. It used to be me, Rudolf and our other brother, Panic."

"I have a family, too," Shira said. "But I only have four sisters in my family. I was created by the Burst ever since my hybrid powers came."

Pavi began to smile. She does have a family just like hers.

"And that is when we got adopted by the Hamato Clan. The Sea Monarchs and Hamato came together." The leatherback sea turtle turned her head to the gem. "Sifa is depending on me because I am the last Ogima alien hybrid on the planet. Pielope is the one who is after the gem, but I need to protect it."

Pavi smiled, before she turned at the picture again. "I used to live in the Dream World where Nightmarens exist. But... It all happened when Panic disappeared."

"You really reminded me of someone else," Shira said softly. "Sisu."

"I bet you really love her a lot," Pavi said, smiling. Akua let out a gentle sound. Shira giggled, petting the young Manaphy. "Unlike those terrible Krang and Pielope, you're different from the rest of them because you are kind and so sweet to all of your friends."

"But I wonder what the gem wanted to show me since Casey gave the gem to me," Shira said. She stared at her gem as soon as another memory began to glow.

As Shira looked at the gem, she saw another memory when a woman held a crossbow at the unknown dragon. The glow is the only source that Shira could see. "I know you don't wanna hurt anybody," Sisu softly said to Namaari. 

Namaari pointed her crossbow at Sisu. "What are you doing?"

"You just want a better world. Like we all do." 

Namaari began to lower her crossbow an inch. "Sisu..."

"I trust you, Namaari."

But Raya still wasn't sure. She kept an eye on Namaari's trigger. Suddenly, it seemed to move. Raya didn't waste a moment. She pulled out her sword and rushed at Namaari. But as she struck the crossbow, the trigger released. With a sound as quiet as the breeze, the arrow flew through the air and sank into Sisu's heart.

For one terrible moment, the world seemed to hold its breath. The others watched, frozen in horror, as Sisu tipped backward and plunged into the canal.

"No!" Raya cried.

Shira gasped, her eyes wide with horror. What had happened!? she thought. This isn't what it was supposed to be. She calmed herself before she replied, "Oh no. Sisu was actually killed?"

"What happened?" Pavi asked.

"A Fang warrior had shot Sisu," Shira said. "I don't understand why Raya did this. How come Raya attacked first?"

Then a memory of Namaari's voice echoed. "I don't care if you believe me. Sisu did. But you didn't trust her. That's why we're here. Do whatever you want. But you're as much to blame for Sisu's death as I am."

And just like that, the memory faded away from the gem. Shira understood now. Raya tried to kill Namari but she killed Sisu instead. She was nothing but blinded by rage and hate.

"Oh...God.." Shira gasped, covering her mouth with her fin. She was horrified. "Raya, what have you done?" She didn't even know why this happened. But something tells her that the reason the stranger gave the gem to her and how its magic died. She has to know what happened. "But what happened to the others? Please show me!"

The gem showed Shira the next memory. The completely faded gem, and the stoned heroes. The leatherback sea turtle's eyes were drained, completely filling the sadness inside. "So that's what happened. All the Druun consumed everything and the dragons never came back once the gem's light died."

"So that is where it all happened," Pavi muttered. She lowered her head in shame, her face full of pain. "Kumandra has fallen into despair and darkness. There is no hope in them. They are all empty."

Meloetta shared a look of sadness, clutching her heart as the memory echoed. "It's all because of Raya," Shira sniffled. "It's her fault."

The leatherback sea turtle clutched her gem, sniffling as tiny tear bubbles formed and floated. The bubble began to float and slowly touched Leo's head. Leo blinked before he noticed something on the ground.

That photo. It was the one that Casey had. He must've taken it out of his pocket and tossed it away. He picked it up.

As he stared at the photo, he never understood anything about being a leader and growing up. He had been so selfish, and he didn't listen. Again, he began to remember those four words that his ancestor Karai had said to Raph two years ago.

Those familiar words mean "You are not alone." It meant that he wasn't alone. He has Shira, and his siblings, but without Raph, he was nothing.

Casey spotted something from the side. An opening from the hole. "Hey, girls!" he called. "I found a way out."

Shira and Pavi looked as Reika helped Casey out. 

Then the blue nightmaren turned to Shira again. "Don't you worry," she told her. "We'll fix what was broken from the very start."

Shira rubbed her tears away from her one eye before she looked at Pavi. "You really think so?"

"I hope so."

That made Shira better. They wake Twilight, Akua and Celebi to get going. Soon, they began to pull the rubble away. Leo looked on and watched them. He has to make it up somehow. He began to place the photo in his bag and joined in. Casey and Reika were still upset with him.

"Look, I know I'm not the Leo you knew in the future, and maybe I never will be," he told them, remorsefully. "This whole time I was sure my family needed me, but the truth is I needed them. If we're gonna survive this, we have to do it together."

Shira slowly gave him a look of hope. She raised up her arms and wrapped Leo in a hug, her face nuzzled to his neck. Leo gasped in surprise, knowing that Shira does trust him. The young blue masked warrior hugged her back too. Casey began to smile. He knew that the two lovers would forgive him.  He turned to the hole in the wall, before he linked her arm to Reika. Sensing they had to break though. Shira and Leo linked arms too. Together, the four friends bashed together, breaking through the wall.  The wall seemed to have led to an elevator shaft.  Pavi began to climb first, followed by the others as they carried Twilight and Akua. Meloetta and Celebi flew after them.

Things weren't looking so well for the others outside the rampage. The Druun air is covering up the inside of the tank. The loud creaks and steam started breaking. The tank is getting closer to being destroyed. They huddle close together, hugging with everything they have.

"Donnie?" Manako whimpered to Donnie.

"Yeah?"

"Are we gonna die?"

"I hope not," Donnie muttered.

HULL INTEGRITY, 4%, BREACH IMMINENT. GOOD LUCK.

4 percent? That doesn't look good.

"Good. We have an imminent amount of time," Mikey said, hopefully.

"Imminent means soon, Mikey," Tomoka whimpered, knowing that they are gonna die soon.

"This is it..." Galaxy sobbed as Manako whimpered. "We're done for."

Fumi, Joey, Marky and Millie agreed. But then, MIkey knew he could find a way to get out of this.

"Don't worry," he told them. "I'll save us with my mystic hands."

Gritting his teeth, Mikey stood up and extended his hands. Sweat poured down on his body as he strained. He tried for everything he had got. Again, nothing happened. He froze, staring at his hands.

"Mikey? What's wrong?" Manako asked her boyfriend.

"Casey must have been wrong about me."

"Don't you remember Mikey?" Nebula reminded him. "The Krang already drained your powers."

"And I don't think we'll live any longer," Rudolf added.

A loud noise came from the roof above them. It's starting to break. The roaches screamed and huddled close, hugging.

I'm too young to die! Millie cried.

I never got to tell Marky I love him! Fumi agreed.

"This is it, Donnie!" Mikey shrieked, as he grabbed Donnie, Manako, and Tomoka. "WE'RE GONNA GET CRUSHED!!"

They clanged to each other tightly, screaming as tears leaked down.

"Knock knock!"

A sudden voice made them stop screaming. They lifted up their heads and they suddenly recognized that voice.

"April?" Mikey peeped.

They began to hear the creature roaring and fighting. The girls shivered as they held close to their boyfriends.

"Boom goes the herbicide!" April's voice called out.

Hiss... BANG! The tank was dropped down, causing the aliens, roaches, turtles, and the nightmaren to jump. They seemed to be okay. The door had burst open as they looked outside. There, right outside, April, Rin, Ikioi and Splinter are here.

"April! You saved us!" Mikey squealed, with tears of joy. He and the others hugged them, laughing with happiness.

"Uncomfortable with emotion," Donnie muttered.

Joey suddenly saw that his bitter girlfriend and his little brother, Miyuki and Dee Dee are with them.

Thank goodness you came, pal, Joey grumbled.

Sorry about that, Miyuki apologized. We just got attacked by a giant one eyed freak alien.

And it was so tasty! Dee Dee exclaimed.

Oh, thank goodness! Marky and Fumi wailed.

I thought we were gonna die! Millie cried. Fika and Wuju are sobbing hysterically, they almost choked.

"Where is Leo, Reika, Shira, pink feather and future boy?" Splinter asked them.

Mikey remembered what happened. He pointed to where they had fled. "Somewhere in there."

"We need to save them fast," Manako chirped, desperately.

"I don't think there is a way out!" Rudolf cried.

"Wait," Rin paused. "What's that sound?"

A loud female voice came from the distance. "Faster! They're this way. I can smell them."

"She found us," Ikioi cried. "We gotta move!"

"Where to?" Nebula asked. "We're lost."

A sudden glow made them look. Two tiny lights floated to them and showed themselves. They appear to be breezies, just like Chipzie. Their color seemed to be different, a pink glow and a purple glow. Some of their hairstyles are different as well and a different new color.

Manako began to understand what they were saying. "Their names are Tra La La and Cuddly."

Soon, the little fairies chitter and pointed to where they needed to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 407 31
Ever since I moved here in New York, I had made a few good friends... Well with all honesty, I only made one but she's the whole opposite then me who...
67.1K 2.5K 102
"She could have died today for me, and I didn't even know her name." ------------------------- Imagine that there are no limits for you. No yesterda...
15.1K 519 22
Hello Readers of Wattpad! My name is Milo, nice to meet ya! I decided to write a story! This is a Rise!Donatello × Male!Reader story! There are not...