Yours, Fred | f. weasley x re...

By badplantmom

Fred Weasley x F!Reader ----- When you stepped onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time, you had no idea... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Twins
Chapter 2: The Marauder's Map
Chapter 3: The Ravenclaw and the Hufflepuff
Chapter 4: The New Gryffindor Chaser
Chapter 5: The Burrow
Chapter 6: The Inter-House Quidditch Cup
Chapter 7: The OWLs
Chapter 8: The Reconciliation
Chapter 9: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 10: The Dark Mark
Chapter 11: The Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 12: The Unforgivable Curses
Chapter 13: The Champions
Chapter 14: The Hogsmeade Date
Chapter 15: The First Task
Chapter 16: The Dance Class
Chapter 17: The Yule Ball
Chapter 18: Christmas Day
Chapter 19: The Second Task
Chapter 20: The Matchmaker
Chapter 21: The Third Task
Chapter 22: The Summer After
Chapter 23: The Order
Chapter 24: Grimmauld Place
Chapter 25: The Rescue
Chapter 26: The Hearing
Chapter 27: The Ministry at Hogwarts
Chapter 28: The Detention
Chapter 29: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor
Chapter 30: The Hog's Head
Chapter 31: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 32: The Serpent's Song
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Charade
Chapter 35: The Gift
Chapter 36: The Enemy Of My Enemy
Chapter 37: The Birthday
Chapter 38: The Betrayal
Chapter 39: The Grand Departure
Chapter 40: The Head of House
Chapter 41: The Department of Mysteries - Part I
Chapter 42: The Department of Mysteries - Part II
Chapter 43: The Reunion
Chapter 44: The Joke Shop
Chapter 45: The First Time
Chapter 46: The Goodbye
Chapter 47: The Interview
Chapter 48: The Promise
Chapter 49: The Auror
Chapter 50: The Astronomy Tower
Chapter 51: The Seven Potters
Chapter 52: The Ambush
Chapter 53: The Wedding
Chapter 55: The Escape
Chapter 56: The Locket
Chapter 57: The Split
Chapter 58: The Left Behind
Chapter 59: The Historian
Chapter 60: The Return
Chapter 61: The Lovegoods
Chapter 62: The Manor
Chapter 63: The Cottage
Chapter 64: The Plan
Chapter 65: Gringotts
Chapter 66: The Brother
Chapter 67: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 68: The Battle of Hogwarts Part I
Chapter 69: The Battle of Hogwarts Part II
Chapter 70: The End

Chapter 54: The Snatchers

4.5K 101 98
By badplantmom

A/N: This was one of my favourite chapters to write! Content warning for minor violence and slightly mature scenes. 

-----

The day after the wedding, back at your flat in Diagon Alley, you were subtly packing some of the twins' clothes and a few other things you might find useful should you need to leave, just as Hermione had advised. Lee's voice echoed through the flat and you could hear his proposal of setting up a radio programme specifically for helping others on your side to gain information that wasn't being reported on by either mainstream radio stations in the wizarding world or by the Daily Prophet.

You all thought it was a great idea, extremely dangerous but very necessary. Over the course of a couple of days, Lee had managed to pull a few things together and the three of you had offered the spare room as a sort of studio for his broadcasting.

The next few weeks consisted of Lee, who went by 'River', Fred who went by 'Rapier', Remus who went by 'Romulus', and Kingsley who went by 'Royal', providing various insights to anyone who tuned into the broadcast. The guest hosts, which was anyone other than Lee, each supplied updates on events that weren't being reported by the Ministry, and the broadcasts from your flat became a source of hope for many people across the country over the following weeks.

"Good evening everyone, this is your host River back with more updates for you on our elusive hero Harry Potter, who has not been seen in over a month, but we're positive he's busy trying to save us all from the Chief Death Eater! I am joined today by our resident jokester, Rodent, who is going to put some rumours to rest for us all today, over to you Rodent!"

Lee grinned at Fred across the small table, who rolled his eyes at his friend before switching on his own small broadcasting microphone. Lee had dug the two small devices out from somewhere and had enchanted before launching the broadcast during that first week of August.

"It's Rapier, you idiot. But anyway, I'd just like to share a couple of stories that I've heard over the last while. So, as our listeners will know, unless they've taken refuge at the bottom of a garden pond, You-Know-Who's strategy of remaining in the shadows is creating a nice climate of panic! Mind you, if all alleged sightings of him are genuine, there must be at least nineteen You-Know-Whos running around!" Fred chuckled at his own sarcasm.

"Which suits him of course," Lee said into the microphone, "the air of mystery creates more terror than actually showing himself. He must be compensating for something."

"Agreed. So people, let's try and calm it down a bit. Things are bad enough without inventing stuff! For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill you with a single glance from his eyes? That's a Basilisk, listeners! One simple test: check whether the thing that's glaring at you has legs: if it has, it's safe to look. Although, if it really is You-Know-Who, that's still likely to be the last thing you ever do." Fred grinned despite the morbid image he just painted to the listeners.

"Well, thank you for that update, Rodent!"

"It's Rapier!"

"And don't forget to tune in again listeners, for more stories, tales, updates, and advice. And next time's password is 'Sirius'. In the meantime, stay safe and support Harry Potter!"

Lee switched off the microphone, "and we're out!"

Fred scowled at him, "will you ever just call me by the alias I picked out?" You chuckled at them both and they stood up from the chairs of their makeshift studio.

"I'd better get back down to the shop or George'll have my head. I'll see you for dinner, my love," Fred said as he walked into the living room with you and kissed your lips softly.

"Later, Freddo," Lee said to him with a mock salute as Fred left the flat, and then he turned to you with a grin, "Potterwatch is apparently the talk of the town these days."

"I'm not surprised," you told him as you put the kettle on, "it's great that people can hear what's really going on out there. Remus and Kingsley did a fantastic job on their segments last week." Lee nodded in agreement and he poured you both tea and gestured for you to go ahead and sit down, which you did.

"Have you heard from Jack yet, Lee?" you asked him and he sighed and shook his head, his dark curls bouncing at the movement.

"Not a word, but I suppose they're hiding out somewhere. I just...I wish he'd tell me he's okay, you know?" He put down your mug of tea on the table in front of you and sat down beside you with his own. You gave his wrist a gentle squeeze, "I'm sorry, I can't imagine what that must be like for you."

He shrugged sadly, "not much I can do about it, at least Potterwatch is keeping me occupied. Plus, it's far more rewarding than bringing coffees to stupid editors who cut the actual important news out from the Daily Prophet." He scowled and then he changed the subject, "when does your Auror training start back?"

"Tomorrow, actually. I'm quite nervous to be honest, what with the Ministry being infiltrated and not knowing who's under the Imperius Curse," you rubbed your eyes, feeling the familiar stress rising inside you, "I'm not sure what to expect, or if the Auror Department has been affected or not. I'm just going to go in and see what's happening, I don't even know if training is still going ahead as planned. Tonks isn't mentoring me anymore since my first year is finished, and she doesn't know a thing. She's actually stopped going into the Ministry completely since the wedding."

"Just be careful," Lee said solemnly, giving you a worried look, "Merlin knows what kind of stuff they're up to in there these days."

---

You stepped out of the green flames into the Atrium and anxiously adjusted your uniform jacket. Fred and George had been extremely reluctant to let you go but you'd insisted, saying that your Auror training would be more useful than ever as the violence increased around you, and you didn't want to just put your life on pause if you didn't have a proper reason to. You knew you were being optimistic in hoping that the Auror Department was untouched by dark wizards, but you had no way of knowing without investigating for yourself. You'd promised the twins that if things were bad on the first day, you'd call it quits and get out of danger as soon as possible.

You walked through the Atrium and noticed a large crowd gathered in front of the fountain, only the fountain was no longer adorned by the golden sculptures of magical beings. Instead, it now depicted hundreds of stone people simultaneously holding up and being crushed by a platform on which statues of robed and wand-yielding figures stood.

You slowly walked up to the crowd to get a closer look, and you saw that the stonework of hundreds of people being crushed under the platform were wearing Muggle clothing, and your mouth immediately went dry.

You saw the new Minister for Magic, Pius Thicknesse, addressing the crowd and reporters, and beside him stood a tall man with long blond hair tied back in a low ponytail, and on the other side stood Dolores Umbridge.

You clenched your jaw and backed away, accidentally bumping into two wizards you didn't recognise, and when you mumbled an apology, their attention lingered on you for long enough that your skin crawled uncomfortably.

You kept walking and in the distance you spotted the familiar curly red head of Percy Weasley, who you hadn't spoken to in over two years. He was walking quickly and his face was pale and his eyes were darting around nervously, but before you could think any more about him, your attention was drawn to a billboard on a nearby wall of the Atrium.

You walked over cautiously and saw that it was plastered with bright pink posters. One of them stated, 'MUDBLOODS and the dangers they pose to a peaceful, pure-blooded society,' while the one beside it said, 'Ministerial Decree No.184: Failing to report a Mudblood will lead to immediate imprisonment.' Underneath the billboard on a table were multiple pamphlets about a 'Muggleborn Registration Commission' wherein Muggleborns were subjected to questioning about suspected magic thievery, due to their lack of pure blood.

You felt a cold sweat beginning to cover your body and you slowly backed away. Your heart was pounding in your chest, and you realised in that moment just how much danger you were in. You tried to maintain an even pace and a neutral expression as you walked towards the Floo Network fireplaces, but you were suddenly very aware of people looking at you for longer than was normal as you passed by.

From the corner of your eye you saw figures approaching you and you darted into the nearest fireplace and with quick thinking, you threw down the Floo Powder and said a different address, "Camden Street, London!"

You were whisked away and you immediately stumbled out of a fireplace of a flat that was under renovation, but thankfully no one was there. You looked out of the plastic-covered window and saw Muggles bustling around on their way to work in the busy street. You figured that you'd thrown whoever was chasing you off your scent since you didn't get the Floo Network straight home, and then you Apparated to the rundown shop elsewhere in the city that hid the entrance to Diagon Alley.

You walked quickly down the street and burst through the door of the shop where customers were looking for things to take their minds off the darkness that was hanging over the wizarding world.

You spotted the twins with smiles on their faces, happily chatting to a group of kids, and Fred looked up and his smile faded when he saw your panicked and teary face. He excused himself and George looked up and did the same, while you made a beeline for the back office.

As soon as Fred walked into the room you threw your arms around him and buried your face in his chest and sobbed. He instantly hugged you tightly and you felt safe for the first time since leaving the flat less than an hour ago.

George walked in then and Fred pulled back to look at you properly, "Y/N, love, what happened? We weren't expecting you back so soon."

You took a few shaky breaths, "the Ministry, they- they're arresting Muggleborns. If I'd stayed any longer I don't think I would've gotten out."

"Bloody hell," Fred said as his eyes grew wide and he pulled you close to him again and rubbed your back while George swore angrily under his breath.

"Fred? George?" a voice called from outside and the twins shared a look before George went to peek out of the office door, his hand lingering by his wand in his pocket. He sagged in relief and opened the door, allowing Charlie to walk in.

"I wish I was here under better circumstances lads," he said with a weary sigh, "fantastic shop by the way, I wish I had time to have a proper look, but I really don't so I'll make this brief." He ensured the office door was closed behind him and stepped closer and then he caught sight of you, "Y/N? You alright?"

"The Ministry are hunting Muggleborns," you told him croakily and his mouth dropped open and then he scowled furiously, "this day keeps getting better, and it's only bloody ten o'clock."

He cleared his throat and looked at his brothers' confused faces and then at you, "the family is being watched. Dad left his job this morning, probably shortly before you did, Y/N. We all need to go to Aunt Muriel's country house and keep a low profile for a while."

There was a beat of silence and then the twins both said, "but the shop-"

"You need to close it up, things are too dangerous and we need to go into hiding. I'm sorry lads but there's no other option," he looked at them sympathetically. He checked his watch and then spoke again while the twins shared a dejected look, "act as normal as you can today, so you don't draw any unwanted attention, and then leave first thing tomorrow. I need to go to Bill and Fleur's now so I'll see you there in the morning."

You all agreed and he hugged each of you quickly before making his exit. The twins were both silent for a bit and then George spoke up, "we could bring stuff with us and send out orders from Muriel's?"

"Yeah, good idea. We'll do that," Fred agreed and then he looked down at you, where you were still standing close beside him, "you alright, love?"

You exhaled loudly, "yeah, I think I'll go up and start packing a few things."

Fred nodded and kissed your forehead, "okay, I'll check in on you in a bit."

---

You didn't sleep well that night, and you woke up after a few hours and just lay staring at the ceiling, your thoughts racing about leaving tomorrow and not knowing when you'd be back. You kept going through your mental checklist of things the three of you had put into suitcases before going to bed, and you went through the few essentials you'd had packed in your enchanted bag since the wedding.

You were worried about everyone. Harry, Ron and Hermione had been gone for a month and you had no idea where they were or if they were okay. Ginny had just gotten the train back to Hogwarts the day before, and Mr and Mrs Weasley were keeping a low profile and were probably already at Muriel's house in the countryside.

Lee had discreetly come over for dinner and you'd told him what was going on. You gave him the spare keys to the flat so he could continue broadcasting Potterwatch, while also keeping an eye on the shop which the twins were going to board up in a couple of hours when they got up.

You turned your head to look at Fred who was sleeping soundly on the pillow beside you, his warm breath brushing against your face as you leaned closer to him and just looked at him in the rare moment of peace where you could just take him in. He looked so peaceful when he slept, with no trace of the worry he usually tried to hide behind a cheeky smile.

You took in every freckle on his face and the way his lips were slightly parted while he slept, you resisted tracing the laughter lines by his eyes so you just took in the beautiful face of the man you loved so much.

His eyelids fluttered and he squinted at you in the dark, "love? What's wrong?" he whispered and he reached his hand to brush your hair back from your face.

You bit your lip in hesitation, choosing your next words carefully. "I'm just worried about tomorrow. I don't want to put your family in danger for harbouring a Muggleborn," you whispered back and that woke him up properly and he propped himself up on his elbow to look down at you.

"Don't think that, please," he pleaded with you and he gripped your hand in his. "You're part of our family, and you know any one of us would do anything to keep you safe."

"That's what I'm afraid of," you said as barely more than a whisper, your eyes filling with tears.

Fred immediately pulled you into his arms and held you close as he pressed kisses to your hair, "what's got you thinking like this?"

"I'm just scared," you admitted into his chest and he gave you a gentle squeeze and then pulled back, "I'm scared too, darling. But we'll get through this together, okay?"

You nodded and kissed him fiercely, your heart bursting with the love you had for him, and also with your need to forget all of your worries. He kissed you back and cupped your jaw as he held you flush against his chest.

You wanted nothing more than to just lose yourself in him as dawn broke through the window and you reached to pull his t-shirt off but he pulled back, "love, what are you doing?"

You took your hands away from his t-shirt and reached to cup his cheek while he looked straight at you with a worried expression.

"I don't want to think anymore. I just want to feel you, and forget everything for a little while," you whispered pleadingly.

He pressed a featherlight kiss to your lips, his eyes scanning your face, "are you sure?"

You nodded, "please, Freddie."

He studied you for another moment and then kissed you and you clung to him desperately, pulling him over you. His kisses turned more urgent as he gripped your hips and pressed his lips across your jaw, neck and collarbone.

You held onto his shoulders and face as he slowly made love to you in the dim light of your bedroom, and he kissed you so tenderly, using his actions to show you how much you meant to him.

"I love you," he whispered against your lips, and then he kissed you again and rested his forehead against yours as he steadily moved against you. It was so beautifully intimate that you were overwhelmed, tears filling your eyes, and you held onto him as you gasped against his mouth when you were both pushed over the edge.

Afterwards, you held each other close under the blankets, kissing tenderly, and you felt relaxed for the first time in days. You allowed yourself to fall back asleep for a few hours, feeling safe in Fred's warm embrace.

---

A few hours later, you were pulling the small suitcases and bags into the living room while the twins were downstairs, gathering things from the shop that they could post out from Muriel's house and locking up. For the second day of September it was quite cold, so the three of you had dressed in warm tops, jeans and boots, and you'd shoved a few sets of hats and scarves into your enchanted bag along with more clothes and your essentials, to save having to dig out another backpack to bring with you.

You pulled on your warm jacket and double checked everything in front of you, the two suitcases which the three of you split your extra clothes and other stuff between, and the twins' backpacks with their essentials. You pulled the strap of your bag over your head and rested it across your body and you stuck your wand into the holster you'd originally bought for your Auror uniform, which now hung in your almost bare wardrobe.

A bang on the front door made you jump and you checked your watch, it was only just past eight o'clock and you weren't expecting the twins back yet. You opened the door, "that was quick-" You stopped talking as soon as you saw that it wasn't the twins in front of you.

There was a tall man in a Ministry uniform along with two others standing behind him, who were dressed in leather and ragged denim. Your heart almost stopped and you tried to shove the door closed but they roughly pushed through into the apartment, and you backed all the way up to the living room.

"Who are you?" you asked, your voice shaky. You knew you were completely outmatched, and if you'd even tried to reach for your wand, you would be disarmed straight away as the two slightly dishevelled men behind the wizard in the Ministry suit pointed their wands at you.

"We need you to come with us, Miss Y/L/N," the Ministry man said with an eerily calm voice, and he took a step towards you.

"Who are you?" you repeated loudly, but your trembling voice made you seem like the least threatening person on the planet. You cleared your throat, "I'm not alone, you know. My friends will hear me if I scream."

"You won't scream. And we know you have an anti-Apparation charm on the building, so you will come quietly downstairs," the Ministry man said coolly. "And I know you will come quietly, because if you kick up a fuss instead of coming with us, then our people downstairs will blast those two young men to pieces until no one can find anything to bury." Your legs grew weak at the threat, and the two men nearer the door smirked cruelly at you.

"But just in case you are thinking of trying anything," the suited wizard pointed his wand at you, "Silencio!" You gasped and clutched at your throat, having lost the ability to speak or make any noise at all. In your moment of distraction and terror, the two scruffy men strode across the room towards you and one of them shoved you down onto the floor.

"Get her up, you fool! We're on a tight schedule," the man instructed coldly and you were dragged up by your hair and shoved forward roughly.

In a split second of clarity, you feigned a stumble and grabbed onto the Ministry man's black trench coat, pulling off his Ministry pin just before he pushed you off him and the other two grabbed you again.

Your wrists were bound by magic behind your back and you quickly dropped the pin from your fingers onto the rug below your feet and silently hoped that the twins would find it as you were dragged from the flat.

You saw that the door of the Diagon Alley entrance to the flat was smashed open, which explained how they'd gotten into the flat without keys. And then you were Apparated out of Diagon Alley and into the Atrium of the Ministry of Magic. The two men holding your arms followed the suited man towards the lifts, where he slammed the golden grilles shut.

They stood in silence and you felt a wand being pointed into your side as they dragged you out of the lift and down a dark corridor where a number of other frightened looking individuals sat. Your hands were rebound in front of you and you were roughly shoved down into a chair by the wall.

"Do you know why you're here?" the Ministry employee sneered down at you, and you opened your mouth to reply but nothing came out, he scowled and flicked his wand, "Finite."

You could speak again, so you cleared your throat and answered his question, "hm, I don't know, did I win a competition?"

He slapped you harshly across the face, "you dare disrespect me, you dirty little Mudblood?"

Hot tears filled your eyes as a result of the sting on your face, but you forgot all about it when someone spoke up from down the corridor, accompanied by the clicking of heels.

"Now, now, that's no way to treat our detainees, is it, Davison?" A familiar but extremely unwelcome voice called from down the corridor.

The suited man stepped back, "no ma'am," he said and Dolores Umbridge came into view with a slightly terrified looking witch trailing behind her.

"You know I have my own prescribed punishments and- oh, look who it is," Umbridge focused her beady eyes on you and you felt a chill run down your spine as she addressed you.

"Miss Y/L/N, how lovely to see you again! We are going to have so much fun during our little...chat." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

708K 14.6K 74
Fred Weasley and Y/n L/n are best friends since they met at King Cross station in their first year. Soon they caught feelings for each other. Who wil...
20.9K 492 24
You are a slytherin...well for your first 5 years at Hogwarts at least...a love story between you and Ron Weasley! Some drama goes down between you...
111K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 20/06/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
1.2K 45 14
"𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜? 𝙃𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙚, 𝙩�...