Forever | ✓

By nessawritess_

[ A NOT SO LONG STORY] "I don't like sharing what's mine. I don't even like when someone touches what's mine... More

🖤
Aesthetics
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
Epilogue
Author's note

twelve

12.2K 467 22
By nessawritess_

Kiara

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I was in a deep thought about the past three months. It was all going so good but I don't what suddenly went wrong. All went to downhill.

It's been a week since we came back from Italy. But there was a slight change in Vihaan's behavior. He's been distant since that day. He would spent all his day working in his office and would come late at night. He would stick to his laptop in home not giving me a chance to even try to talk to him.

Does he regret our kiss? That's the only question revolving around my mind. He must be otherwise he wouldn't act like this.

His phone pinged and I glance at it which was lying in the bed beside the pillow. I didn't wanted to be nosy and sneak into it but again my curiosity took the best of me. Vihaan was inside the bathroom having a shower so I picked it up and noticed there was a message.

I didn't knew the phone's password but the message showed up in the notification. It was from Ahana. My mood got more spoiled seeing her name.

Can we meet Vihaan at the cafe beside our company. Please it's urgent.

My heart dropped reading the message.

Why she's messaging him to meet up? Do they still meet each behind my back? Is he cheating on me? Is she the reason he's behaving like this?

No Kiara. Be positive.

Yes, I should think positively. I shouldn't assume anything by myself. He's been nothing but very sweet to me since the day of our marriage and hasn't given me any reason to think otherwise.

So, I trust him.

I kept his phone back to where it was and went to kitchen. I did cooled down but my mind always went to the message.

Should I ask him directly?

No, he would think that I ain't respecting his privacy. I don't want to come out as an insecure or a over possessive wife.

If he's loyal, he would tell me directly. I won't forbid him to meet her.

After half an hour, Vihaan came in the living room as I was cooking. The kitchen was like an open space which was attached to the living room. I really liked it.

"Just 5 minutes and I'll serve the breakfast." I called out to him.

"Uhh, Kiara. Actually I have to go the office urgently." Nervousness was evident in his voice.

"But it's a Sunday."

"I know, but it's urgent. I'll have the breakfast in the office. You can eat. I'll be back soon." He didn't let me reply as he quickly sauntered out the door.

A frown appeared on my face as I glanced at his disappearing figure. My face fell down as a feeling of betrayal took over me, I don't know why, maybe because he didn't bothered informing me.

No, I should not think like that. He might have said no to her and have really gone to his office. But my gut feeling said otherwise. It's like I should not be naive and so innocent and trust everyone blindly.

It's been twenty minutes since he went and I was growing impatient about all the thoughts revolving around my mind.

Should I call him and ask him directly? No I cannot.

Why I'm being so insecure right now?

Maybe because your husband's ex asked him for a meet up.

Yeah, I have the right to be insecure and jealous and specially if he hasn't informed me.

I should go and find it out myself. Should I? Wouldn't it be stalking?

Yes. But atleast you'll get the confirmation and your mind will be at ease.

I went to the room and took my car keys. I didn't bother changing my clothes as I was already in formal clothes wearing a grey half sleeves top with black jeans.

I took a deap breath as I started the engine of my car and started driving towards Vihaan's company.

I parked the car a distance away from his office.

Getting out of the car, I glanced up at the huge building infront of me.
A big 'AG Indiustries' sign was designed in the middle. The streets around was flocked with busy people walking.

I searched for a cafe around the office as mentioned by her and noticed a 'The Hideout' banner. I contemplated for a while if it is the right cafe or not before wrapping a long, thin scarf around my face so that if Vihaan is really there he wouldn't recognize me.

God, I'm acting like a serial killer now stalking it's prey.

I might be looking weird now wrapped up in this scarf but who cares.

I went inside the cafe, all while staring around to see a glimpse of him. Suddenly I halted in my steps as I notice a familiar figure sitting in a distance from where I was standing. My blood ran cold as I noticed a woman who I recognized as Ahana sitting infront of him. My body stiffend at the sight of them. They were sitting in such a way that both of their sides were visible to me.

So, he lied to me and did came to meet her.

Suddenly the feeling of rejection, the feeling of being left and not being enough came over. I was feeling very hurt beacuse he came to meet his ex, I mean obviously no one will be really that comfortable with their partner meeting their ex. But what really hurt me the most that he didn't bother to inform me.

That made me question his loyalty to me? He might not love me but I am still his wife and no one deserves to be cheated no matter what. Everyone should have that much respect to be loyal to your partner even if you don't have any romantic feelings for them.

If he was really loyal, he wouldn't have lied to me. I don't see any reason of not telling me.

So he still loves her and is in a relationship with her.

A scoff escaped my lips as tears started welling up in my eyes. I quickly took a seat at the table beside me as the waiter neared me. It was quite a big and spacious cafe. I hurriedly ordered just a cappuccino with shaky voice. I glanced at their table as I got a clear view from my table.

A smile took place in his face as he stared at her and my heart broke at the exchange of their glances. A look of adoration and affection was visible on his face as he spoke something to her. I closed my eyes and lowered my head feeling too much hurt and poked my tongue inside my cheek. My tears suddenly started falling quickly due to the frustration I was feeling.

I really dont know who to blame in this situation. Me for falling for him despite knowing someone else reigns his heart or him for being so kind and considerate enough to take away my heart but only to crush it down badly.

I was again at a situation where a girl is the reason for the downfall of my relationship. What do they have that I don't? Why can't I be enough for a man to spend their life with me? When will I get that one person who's gonna love me unconditionally?

It always happens with me , the man I like doesn't like me back or leaves me for another girl. I scoffed at my destiny as I wiped my tears away.

I muttered up the courage to take one look at them and when I did, my breath hitched. He was smiling at her as they continued talking to each other. The look on their face was enough for me to stand up and quickly leave the place, driving back.

Entering our room, I threw the scarf and my phone in the bed. I collapsed down beside the bed leaning my back to it. My face had turned heavily red stained with tears. My eyes were puffy, shoulders shaking as I kept weeping.

I curled up in a ball as I hid my face around my arms against my legs. My heart was screaming in helplessness. I started reminiscing the memories I created with him in these three months.

How I felt so attracted to him the first time I saw him at our engagement. The way we got comfortable around each other so quickly. The way we were so possessive for each other. Our honeymoon. Our first kiss.

Was everything fake for him? Didn't he felt a single thing that I felt for him?

No, he didn't. Otherwise he wouldn't be sitting with his ex.

I won't lie and say that I regret all these because these were one of my most cherished memories.

Why can't you love me back Vihaan?

And is it too much to ask to just be wanted? To feel the love I feel for him to be returned? And is it so wrong for me to feel that he could love me? I guess the problem is that I'm not her.

And I don't want to be her. I'm very happy being myself. I wiped away my tears completely. I stared right ahead of me with a pained yet determined look at my face.

I'm done always crying over a man who doesn't deserve me. They all leave me so why should I cry for them.

I'm too petty to keep crying for a man.

It's okay to breakdown for once but that's it. Rise up and be strong. That's what I'm going to do.

I'm my parents first and only daughter and my brother's first and only sister. I ain't coming second to any man. (I know, I know, cliche. But damn...)

I might love Vihaan but ain't no way I'm letting him disrespect me by cheating on me.

♡♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 8.1K 56
*𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥* The whole world had stopped for them and all they could hear was their racing heartbeats after all they were in each o...
277K 11.8K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
272K 7.4K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...
891 116 11
Rajveer really likes to keep his life in order and doesn't like anything that messes it up. But when his mom insists he spend the summer with a woman...