Guns And Roses

By jakelqckley

You were so much better than the rest of them. DRUIG / FEM OC [ MARVELS ETERNALS ] More

GUNS AND ROSES
MANIPS
ACT ONE
EPIGRAPH
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ looking at the stars
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ small rocks
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฏ water fight
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฐ not so sly glances
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฑ the art of secretly loving
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฒ accidental cuts
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿณ lovers spit
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿด kingo said he was a bad kisser
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿต she'll pretend nothing happened
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฌ not knowing kills
ACT TWO
EPIGRAPH
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿญ faint memories
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ she listens to songs on repeat
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฐ this is terrible
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฑ is all of this even real?
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฒ what do dreams feel like?
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿณ he caused her headache
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿด his beautiful beautiful arden
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿต shes not a deviant
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ across the universe
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ hades and persephone
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฎ the betrayal
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฏ nerves
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿ’ the death of Ikaris
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฑ not goodbye forever

๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฏ it was from memory

5.8K 253 171
By jakelqckley

chapter thirteen
it was from memory

✵ ✵ ✵

Arden linked her arm with Sersi's as the group got off the jet and walked toward where Gilgamesh and Thena lived. She watched as Sersi brought up her phone and told Arden to smile.

The two girls smiled brightly at the camera as Ikaris, who was closer than expected, stared confused.

"What-"

"You should send me that," Arden said. "I can edit you guys on my wallpaper."

"What wallpaper?" Sersi asked.

"My wallpaper," she grinned, pulling out her phone and showing her.

"Oh that's very pretty actually, I love the mohawk," Sersi laughed.

"Is this the deviant you fought in London?"  Kingo asked as they approaced Gilgamesh and Thenas lovely home.

"No," Arden heard as she scanned the ground for a new stick. "There's more than we thought."

"Is this a deviant sir?" Karun asked as Jaws went to go investigate it. Kingo nodded.

"No it's a chihuahua," Arden spoke up, looking towards them.

"Its a beautiful creature," Karun replied, a hint of confusion on his face from Ardens sudden words.

"Mmm, I would make out with it," Arden grinned, hopping onto Ikaris' back.

"I hope that was a joke," Kingo frowned.

"Since when do I ever joke around?" Arden asked before Kingo rolled his eyes and began to narrate as they waited for Gilgamesh to come out.

Arden subconsciously gripped Ikaris tighter, for some reason scared Gilgamesh would hate her as if she did something wrong. Yet, when the man came out with a kiss the chef apron, Arden sighed in relief. He looked toward them all saying 'What took you so long?' before his eyes.met Ardens and he smiled instantly.

"Arden," he let out a small laugh as she jumped down from Ikaris' back and ran straight into his arms.

"I missed you Gil," she whispered.

"Im sorry," he whispered back, gripping her tighter. "I missed you too."

"Hey, how come I didnt get a hug?" Kingo joked.

"Because you were one of the ones who also left me," Arden answered.

"You also smell," Sprite added, highfiving Ardens raised hand.

✵ ✵ ✵

"When did you get the dog?" Thena asked, giving Jaws a piece of food as everyone began to eat.

"When I got to Washington," Arden shrugged.

"He's cute," Thena smiled.

"He is isn't he?"

"Is this what you guys eat everyday?" Kingo asked.

"Pretty much," Arden answered, remembering her time there. More specifically remembering the day she couldn't stop crying so Thena and Gilgamesh tried their best to make her favorite things.

"Thank you for this," Ikaris spoke before poking Ardens bare shoulder.

She gave him a look and scoffed as if to ask what his problem was.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Fine," she mumbled, suddenly feeling very worn out by his question. She hadn't realized how fine she really was until she thought about it. Everything was a bit overwhelming.

Sersi passed her a red rock slowly and she immediately perked up at the sight. She sent a smile Sersi's way as a way to say thank you and immediately took it in her hands to fiddle with it.

She looked up to find Gilgamesh dressed as a baby and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What the hell?" she whispered to herself.

"So," Sprite spoke. "Now that captain Rogers and iron man are gone, who do you think is gonna lead the avengers."

"Whoever it is should tell Spiderman im a huge fan," Arden spoke. "And Captain Marvel."

"I could lead them, I figured I'd be good at that," Ikaris shrugged.

"Ajak didnt even choose you to lead us," Gil said.

Arden let out a loud laugh as 'Ouch' and 'oohs' were let out.

"Speaking of the avengers," Arden spoke out once the laughter began to die down. "You ever wonder how an animal becomes extinct? Like. . .how do they even know? Do they look through everyone's houses and every corner? I don't think so."

"Arden that has literally nothing to do with the avengers," Kingo laughed, as did everyone else.

"I don't care it was bugging me the whole way over here. Because think about it! No no shh! Think about it okay? How do they know I do not have a Tasmanian tiger chilling in my living room and playing drums or something?"

"Wait you have a point," Ikaris mumbled. "Because what if there's still a group wandering around somewhere."

"Like iguanas," Gilgamesh grinned.

"I think iguanas still exist though," Sersi spoke.

"Its so crazy dude," she whispered, leaning back in her seat as her mind continued to race.

"Is this why you got a dog?" Gilgamesh asked genuinely, Jaws perking up at the mention of himself. "To go on cute rants?"

"Yeah. . .because I don't have a best friend to talk about these things anymore," she spoke softly, a hint of aggression laced in her words. "But its okay now I'm doing great."

"Uh huh. . .sure you are," Sprite said after a moment of silence.

"I am," Arden defended, looking around to see the rest of her family giving her a guilty look. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" Karun asked.

"Not you Karun sweetie," Arden grinned at the very visibly confused man. "You're doing great."

"Sweetie?" Ikaris asked.

"Yeah haven't you heard? Me and him are fucking on the low," Arden winked.

"Woah! There are children present," Gilgamesh teased, putting his hands over Sprites ears.

"You know, I don't think he would've heard that if it was on the low," Sprite huffed.

"Dont ruin my moment," Arden spoke, holding her hand out. Thena quickly highfived it and shot her a big smile. Arden laughed and smiled back.

✵ ✵ ✵

Psst!" Arden whisper yelled toward Kingo and Sprite as they waited for everyone to get ready to leave. The two seemed to be in a very intriguing conversation yet she didnt want to be rude and listen in. "Guys."

Kingo looked up and met her eyes. He smiled and nodded his head in acknowledgment making Sprite look up as well.

"Do you guys wanna see something really cool I did before I left?" Arden grinned, bending down to pet Jaws quickly.

The two looked at each other and as if they were speaking telepathically, they came to a mutual agreement. Turning back to Arden, Kingo nodded his head making Arden let out a small squeal of excitement. She grabbed them both by the hand and took off in a run.

Jaws barked as he ran beside them, protests leaving Sprites and Kingos lips. When she stopped at a big rock, she sighed in content. The feeling of comfort after being in her spot again made her mood instantly improve even more if possible.

Her fingertips brushed against the painted rock as she subconsciously stepped over the drawings on the floor.

"What is this?" Kingo asked, looking around.

"This is my safe space," she explained. "Its where I came to draw and read and also talked out loud by myself. I just wanted to show someone I guess."

Kingo's eyes analyzed her face as she looked forward and played with her necklace with sad eyes. She sat down against the rock, leaning her head back and closing her eyes, as Jaws went and laid his head on her lap.

"You must've been so broken when he left," he concluded.

"Yeah, your dad was good in bed too," she laughed dryly.

"Well technically my dad is your dad if you count Arishem being our 'creator'." Kingo said after a moment of thinking.

"Ew that was a joke," Arden frowned. "Why'd you have to go and ruin it like that?"

"Oh. . .well anyways, how do you feel about the whole robot thing?" he asked.

"I think its pretty cool but I also could care less about it," she answered honestly. "Im glad we can still die though, I think that would be a lovely experience."

"Uh what-"

Arden just shook her head in response, not really wanting to talk more about it.

"I meant Druig." he spoke suddenly, going back to the original topic.

"Wow I didnt know that," she mumbled, knowing she might over share by accident.

"Arden-"

"Yeah I was broken when he left, I'll admit that. How else are you supposed to feel when your best friend of hundreds of years or whatever just ups and leaves without you even knowing why." she ranted.

"I mean, I get he was upset and may have wanted space but to go for ages not contacting your best friend again sucks, especially when they want nothing but to comfort you like you had them."

"I see. . .and how does that make you feel?" Kingo replied.

"Kingo the movie star. . .secretly a therapist in his free time," Arden laughed, moving her hand as she spoke. "I can see the headlines already."

"Haha very funny, but im being serious. How long did you go until you started to pretend it didnt affect you? I've seen the way your eyes look sad when they mentioned trying to get him on board."

"That doesn't mean anything," she mumbled.

"That's a nice looking uh. . .giraffe?" Sprite, her voice loud, attempted to compliment, looking down at the biggest drawing on the ground.

Arden and Kingo's head snapped up at the sound of her voice, forgetting she was there in the first place.

"It's a cow," Arden replied with a long sigh. "I drew it from memory. I appreciate the attempt though."

"That isn't any cow," Kingo spoke, standing up to take a look. "It looks like a dalmation."

"No it's too fat," Sprite argued.

"Are you discriminating against fat dalmatians?" Arden gasped dramatically. "How dare you."

"Yeah Sprite," Kingo played along and gasped just as she did. "We accept all body types here."

"I-"

"Now I'm going to get all the fat dalmatians in the world just because I can," Arden huffed, nudging a irritated Sprite.

"That's not what I meant," Sprite muttered.

"I know loca, I'm just messing with you," Arden smiled. "Who are we going to go get next? I hope its makkari."

Sprite and Kingo shared a look making Arden immediately furrow her eyebrows and stiffen up.

"We'll tell you on the plane," Sprite smiled, and Arden just narrowed her eyes for she knew who it was.

authors note! ━━━━━━━

barry fics in the works guys 😁 sorry this is poorly written

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 2.4K 18
In humans, Calista saw two things: love and war. Yet, she never imagined her life being so entwined with the two. [Marvel's Eternals] [oc x druig x...
34.3K 1.7K 18
Aeolus (n) Aeยทoยทlus | \ หˆฤ“-ษ™-lษ™s \ - Greek god of the winds "How come you never talked to...
48.7K 1.4K 18
๐—ฎ๐—ฒ๐—ถโ€ข๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ตโ€ข๐˜† โ†ณ (๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ท.) an enduring and consuming passion >> ๐— ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—Ÿ ๐—–๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜๐— ๐—”๐—ง๐—œ๐—– ๐—จ๐—ก๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฅ๐—ฆ๐—˜ << Eternals /// Book One [...