|Live With Glory| An Azur Lan...

By EternalCt

'How much blood has been spilled in the ocean, but it's still shining?' He thought while being in the middle... More

|A Strange Dream|
|Old Memories Of The Commander|
|Siren Attack|
|New Orders|
|Taking Care Of Everyone| Special Chapter
|Always By Your Side|
|A Day To Remember|
|A Friendly Invitation|
|The Dreams Of Reality|
|A Unique Halloween| Special Chapter
|The First Day| Part 1
|The First Day| Part 2
|The Duty Of The Commander|
|Old Memories Of The Commander| Part 2
|Christmas Announcement and 2021|
|A Typical Valentine's Day| Special Chapter
|Cold Frontline|
|A Small Break|
|Nations From Azur Lane|
|A Date With Enterprise|
|The Azur Lane And The Crimson Axis|
|Unexpected Battle|
|The Return Of Hope|
How to be hate by everyone (probably)
|A Light Against The Darkness|
We Need To Talk Everyone.
|Will Of Justice|
|Fight For Freedom|
|Christmas Announcement and 2022|
|The Hunt For Bismarck|
|A Different Perspective|
|A Decisive Meeting|
|Old Memories Of The Commander| Final Part.
|The Flame Of Conflict|
|The Aftermath|
|Iron Curtain|
|The True Reality|
|Awake Of The Eagle|
|The Glorious Alliance|
|A New Fate|
|A Deep Down Dilemma|
|The Might Of Azur Lane|
|Live With Glory|

|Glory For Her Majesty!|

813 28 9
By EternalCt

--------------------------

Welcome to another chapter, I do apologize for uploading so late, but I was on a trip so I couldn't write at all, but now I'm back and ready to keep writing!

In exchange for such inactivity, I decided to write around three chapters of this story so you don't have to wait too much for a new update, I'll upload them slowly, but fast enough!

This is a very long chapter, I thought it would be nice to write a bit more this time!

Anyways, enjoy :)!

----------------------------

|Royal Navy's Gardens|

Like always, her majesty was along with the rest of the important members from the Royal Navy in the huge gardens that the base has behind the main buildings already discussing with the Commander who just recently arrived along with Belfast a few minutes ago.

"How's been Bismarck doing lately Commander? Is she properly recovering?" (Hood)

Though the question is a little unexpected coming from a member of the Royal Navy, Hood seems to be a little concerned about the current state of the Iron Blood leader.

"Ah yes, indeed, she has managed to recover pretty fast from his injuries, and along with Z23 assistance she should be in perfect state in a few days" (Y/N)

"Those are wonderful news, indeed" (Hood)

"Now to the main topic, Commander, there is something you might wanna hear..." (Prince Of Wales)

Cutting immediately the atmosphere, Prince Of Wales began speaking to get the Commander's attention now.

----------------------------

Some explanation later about the current situation...

-----------------------------

Y/N was informed by the Royal Navy members what has the Sardegna Empire been doing during the last time.

"Mmh... So the Sardegna Empire is investigating the Sirens too? Well it's not that surprising at all..." (Y/N)

"Indeed, intelligence suggests they have discovered some sort of hiding fortresses underwater related with the Sirens" (Prince Of Wales)

Those words mentioned caught Y/N's attention immediately as he heard something pretty similar in the Northern Parliament.

"Mmh... Underwater, huh? The Northern Parliament has reported something similar, huge fortresses under the water that are still functional, it's indeed a mystery what their use is or how they even reach there in the first place" (Y/N)

Y/N was informed that, unfortunately, there wasn't too much to do with those hiding fortresses as they are still unknown and so their intentions.
In the case of the soviet fleet, they don't possess any sort of advance submarine in their fleet to investigate the depths of the place yet.

"Well, until we get more information about it we can't really do something" (Y/N)

Perhaps the best is to stay away from those things until they discover a way to investigate them properly.

"They might already know about what happened to Bismarck, it wouldn't be a surprise if they are already making their move, Commander" (Hood)

Hood adds to the conversation, making Y/N to be more concerned about the situation, maybe all of this was kinda exaggerated as the Sardegna Empire isn't known for being too hostile against Azur Lane as they mind their own business most of the time.

"I agree, we shall prepare ourselves for any sort of attack from them towards us or our allies" (KGV)

King George V also added just to be suddenly interrupted by Elizabeth who has been hearing and paying attention to the conversation the whole time in silence.

"Servant! I order you to attack those italian girls immediately!" (Queen Elizabeth)

"Wha-? Ahem... Her Majesty... A sudden hostility could cause even more troubles not only for the Royal Navy, but for Azur Lane in general, we should think better about our opti-" (Y/N)

The Commander tried in some way to defend the Sardegna Empire, as he saw before they do not have bad intentions at all, as a matter of fact, he heard how strict can the Axis H.Q be when it comes to investigating the Sirens, it wouldn't be a surprise if they were forced to do so, but these are just early conclusions that Y/N has thought.

"I don't want to hear excuses, I want to see results, those ships from the Crimson Axis think they are superior to the Royal Navy, but I'll show them they are not!" (Queen Elizabeth)

It's not weird at all to see Queen Elizabeth like this when it comes to talking about the Crimson Axis, she tends to get kinda annoyed especially when it comes to talking about Iron Blood and its members.

"Her Majesty, you're elevating your voice tone again..." (Belfast)

Belfast mentioned from behind Queen Elizabeth making her to be slightly embarrassed for such sudden behavior.

"I do apologize... Ahem! Well, you know what to do Servant, don't disappoint me!" (Queen Elizabeth)

She says, pretty much like a strict order to attack the Sardegna Empire and cancel their plan of investigation.

'Surely this looks more of a personal problem... However, I have to agree that not doing anything against this could be a problem in the near future if they investigate new weapons to use against us, which is what we have been trying to avoid Iron Blood from doing...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"Very well, I'll see what to do...!" (Y/N)

At the end, Y/N obeyed the order, even if he was still hesitating what would be the best to do in this particular situation.

'Still, such attack could prevent us from making peace between all nations... We want  peace, not war...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"If you excuse me, I'll go now, I have a lot of things to do, so have a good day everyone!" (Y/N)

Y/N mentioned standing up from his seat making a small reverence before leaving the place.

'Besides... mostly operations depends on what the Main Navy H.Q decide to do, we actually need their approval to act, which can be tedious, but is important too...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Waiting for the Commander to disappear through the distance, Warspite decided to speak.

"Her Majesty... I don't wish to sound disrespectful, but I think the Commander deserves a better treatment, he's been doing a lot recently" (Warspite)

"I'm sorry for such sudden attitude, I just can't stand those Crimson Axis girls... I know my Servant is doing his best efforts!" (Queen Elizabeth)

Elizabeth admitted her bad behavior against the Commander a few minutes ago, despite sometimes being too harsh with him she still cares in some way about Y/N's well being.

"Belfast, keep an eye on my Servant, the last we would want is that he somehow gets hurt for overworking!" (Queen Elizabeth)

As usual, she sends to one of the Maids to take care of her work, in this case, to make sure the Commander doesn't die of stress.

"As you order, her Majesty" (Belfast)

Belfast replied to the order making a small reverence.

------------------------------

|A few days later...|

------------------------------

It's been already a few weeks already since the fight against Bismarck as she was taken to the Azur Lane base in order to recover after all the damage and wounds she received from the encounter.

From then, Vestal, who is the one mainly in charge of everyone's health, has taken the responsibility to take care of her until she's fully recovered and able to leave the base.

However from the main H.Q of Iron Blood they decided that the best would be to send someone to keep an eye on the evolution of Bismarck's health and they send Z23 to do such task.

That and also the visits that Y/N does all days were able to make Bismarck more healthy through the last days.

Today, Bismarck was going to leave the Azur Lane base as enough time has passed and she has fully recovered, Y/N decided to be there during the moment she leaves.

-------------------------------

|Azur Lane Base|

|Hospital From The Base|

Y/N was casually walking through the halls of the hospital looking for Bismarck's room as it didn't take long for him to reach to the place and open the door.

There was the blonde leader from Iron Blood already in her usual and typical uniform almost ready to depart along with Z23 who was there to do some last check-up just in case.

Bismarck was immediately aware of the Commander's presence once he entered into the room.

"Ah, greetings Commander..." (Bismarck)

A very small, yet honest smile could be seen in that normal cold and serious expression Bismarck normally has, which is very unusual from her.

"Hey there, it seems I have arrived just in time" (Y/N)

"I do apologize, we shall have left earlier, but I wanted to make sure Lord Bismarck was truly recovered to leave" (Z23/Nimi)

Z23 added while writing down some notes on a small notebook that she has.

'Nimi surely takes her job very seriously, even if it's not that strict she certainly compromised to take care of Bismarck...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"Oh well, I have made sure that all the preparations are ready for you two to depart" (Y/N)

"Thank you, Commander..." (Bismarck)

"No need to thank me, I'm glad to be of help" (Y/N)

"We are ready to depart now, Lord Bismarck" (Z-23)

"Care to come with us Commander?" (Bismarck)

"Ah, of course, that's why I was here in the first place!" (Y/N)

They all left then the room of the hospital walking through the halls to now head for the port.

------------------------------

A few minutes later...

------------------------------

While they are walking through the base to reach the port, both Bismarck and the Commander had some small and casual conversation, it was impressive how fluent it went considering that Bismarck isn't the type of woman to talk a lot.

Although Y/N couldn't help to feel how someone was watching him all the time, it was probably Z-23 who was making sure he didn't do anything weird.

Reaching the port didn't take too long considering it was almost close to where the hospital was.

Both ships from the members of Iron Blood were stationed in the dock spaces ready to depart at any moment.

Z-23 just went ahead near her own ship and was caught by surprise for Javelin and Laffey who came to the port to also say goodbye to her leaving now the Commander along with Bismarck.

"I won't forget what you have done for me, Kommandant, Danke..." (Bismarck)

"No need to thank me, I'm glad you're doing fine now after everything that happened" (Y/N)

"I hope you can visit us someday, there are new faces in Iron Blood that would love to meet you" (Bismarck)

"I promise I will when I got the time!" (Y/N)

"Until then Commander, take care..." (Bismarck)

"We will see again, I'm sure about it. Fair winds and following seas for you two, please be safe out there!" (Y/N)

With that being said and after some minutes both ships from Iron Blood slowly left the dockyard before sailing into the vast ocean and slowly start disappearing in the distance after some time.

'Someone would probably say that I'm an idiot for saving my enemy, still... I believe that all of this will change Bismarck's mind about the Sirens...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Now with something else out of Y/N's list he must reunite with some Royal Navy ships to discuss about the Operation with the Sardegna Empire during the next days.

-----------------------------

|Azur Lane Base|

|Meeting Room|

Wednesday 5 P.M.

"Very well... This is the plan everyone!" (Y/N)

The Commander opened a big map that shows a vast part of the Sardegna Empire territory and multiple routes where they most likely will be when doing their usual escorting for transport ships.

"Since we are only one fleet involved in this operation our main objective here as Elizabeth said is to capture most their transport ships to avoid them to resupply whatever they are trying to do" (Y/N)

"I expect a lot of resistance coming from them if we do a direct attack, so we will do something different this time" (Y/N)

"What do you have in mind Commander?" (Warspite)

"I'm glad you asked, we will do a surprise attack where the main idea is to distract them enough time to flank them and engage from there" (Y/N)

The Commander takes a little pause before continuing to explain his plan.

"Let me explain myself better, Illustrious and Formidable will launch an early plane attack from a safe distance upon the Sardegna Empire fleet enough for attract their attention" (Y/N)

Y/N point into the map the zone where both aircraft carriers will be when the attack begins and how will the distraction work.

"Expect around maybe two or three ships going to look from where are the planes coming from" (Y/N)

"While all of this happens, the rest of the fleet will engage around these islands towards the remaining Sardegna fleet who will probably be distracted at the moment" (Y/N)

Y/N pointed in a map a couple of islands that are perfect for hiding from the enemy until the real attack starts.

"They don't expect us, so we have the surprise fact by our side for a brief moment since it's most likely they will detect us through radars or air reconnaissance sooner or later" (Y/N)

It wasn't long ago that the Sardegna Empire received an aircraft carrier, it's most likely she will be in the escort fleet.

"The fleet composition is simple since we are the only ones participating, except that an ally from the Royal Navy will joining us during such operation, she's been in other port during all this time, but a few days ago was allowed to join our fleet to assist" (Y/N)

The fleet composition was simple, but maybe quite unusual, this time there would be two aircraft carriers along with two battleships.
(Illustrious, Formidable, Warspite, and Valiant).

In the part of the vanguard, there was only going to be two light cruisers (Ajax and Gloucester).

"And who is she?" (Warspite)

"I'm surprised you don't know about it, Warspite, Valiant will be the one joining us" (Y/N)

"Oh? I didn't expect that..." (Warspite)

'Surely she doesn't seem pretty excited about it, I expected a different reaction, but I guess it makes sense coming from Warspite' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"Anyways, we will depart in two days, I still have to organize some things, in the meantime, rest well and see you on Friday!" (Y/N)

With that being said the meeting was over and everyone in the room slowly started to leave, except someone that Y/N didn't notice at all as he thought he was the only one inside.

"I hope this is not a mistake..." (Y/N)
Y/N speaks to himself in a lowly voice while he observes the big map from before.

"You don't seem very confident about this, Commander" (Warspite)

The voice coming from the British battleship made Y/N to turn around to face her.

"Ah, Warspite? I thought that everybody left..." (Y/N)

"I wanted to apologies for her Majesty's attitude today, she was a little... Frustrated as you could see" (Warspite)

"Oh no, there's no need to apologize, I understand that sometimes we aren't in our best mood haha..." (Y/N)

Y/N doesn't know very well how it feels to be the Queen, but he surely knows that she loves making others work for her, that's for sure.

"Still, I understand you have been doing a lot recently and there's no doubt you must be tired" (Warspite)

As expected from Warspite, she can tell the Commander has been quite exhausted from all the work he's been doing recently, despite receiving help not only from his Secretary, but also from other ships, it's not easy at all to be the Commander of the whole fleet.

"You're not wrong at all, but this is an opportunity that I guess we can't let go away" (Y/N)

"I know you don't consider them as our enemies at all, it's clearly obvious" (Warspite)

Warspite certainly adds knowing how much time Y/N has been trying to reach to a fair and peaceful agreement with all the nations.

"No I don't, I just think there must be a more easy way to reach an agreement that doesn't involve fighting" (Y/N)

"That's the unfortunate fate that we must face every day, as we are made for the fight, you should know that better than anyone" (Warspite)

"Yes, indeed" (Y/N)

"Even so, I won't leave your side, I'll support your choices as I trust you are able to reach for that peace we have been looking for a long time already" (Warspite)

The blonde battleship made a respectful reverence towards the Commander.

"Thank you, Warspite" (Y/N)

Y/N answered along with a more relaxed expression from the words of Warspite that somehow manage to make him to be a little bit calmer than before.

---------------------------

|Small Timeskip!|

Fun fact, New Jersey's nickname "Black Dragon" is due to the very dark blue camouflage that the ship used during her service and because it was told that whenever the ship fire its guns it would seem like it's breathing fire.

----------------------------

|Commander's Office|

Friday 3 A.M

The only light turn on in the entire building was the one coming from Y/N's office who was still working, even if it was already late at night.

As a normal routine, the Commander doesn't mind staying up so late completing and reviewing paperwork even if he ends up getting lectures by almost everyone for his unhealthy daily life routine.

'Surely these reports don't seem to en-' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Someone suddenly open the door without even knocking first making him to slowly raise his gaze from the paper towards the door.

"Hey there, honey!" (New Jersey)

The energetic battleship, from the Eagle Union also known as Black Dragon, was as energetic as usual even if it was already quite late.

"New Jersey? What are you doing still awake? You should be sleeping already" (Y/N)

"Nah, I can't sleep knowing that you are still here working all by yourself!" (New Jersey)

New Jersey pouted angrily in some way, but still sounded very worried about the Commander's attitude when it comes to working.

"I was just completing some paperwork, I'm not gonna die for that... I think..." (Y/N)

Y/N add with a little doubt in the last part, but still not worried for stay up late to finish all the paperwork.

"Honey, I love you and all, but you can't pass out, alright? Especially when it comes to your own health, you need to get some proper rest every now and then" (New Jersey)

Suddenly New Jersey sounded more serious than before, she's the type to be more carefree and do whatever her mind thinks, but perhaps she's been getting more used to the Secretary's role recently.

"I guess you have a fair point there..." (Y/N)

Y/N answered a bit concerned about his current lifestyle that mostly involved completing paperwork until he fall asleep at the desk.

"Of course I do, so now what you're going to do now is go to sleep!" (New Jersey)

The secretary suddenly put both her arms against the desk approaching slightly towards the Commander.

"Oh, but... I'm almost done here" (Y/N)

Y/N tried to convince her Secretary to just let him finish the last remaining paperwork before going to sleep, but it didn't work at all.

"Those boring papers can wait, I wouldn't know what to do if something bad happens to you while I'm your Secretary!" (New Jersey)

Now she was using those typical puppy eyes that could convince anyone from doing anything, it was impossible to not look directly at her, especially for that cheerful smile that she always has.

"Alright, alright you win..." (Y/N)

The Commander let out an exhausted sigh and surrender to the charms of the battleship of the Eagle Union at the end.

"I knew you would understand honey, come here, let's get you to your dorm now!" (New Jersey)

The words from New Jersey made the Commander to now be suspicious about the true intentions behind that suggestion.

"I'm sure I can go by myself, there's no need for you to come with me, you know?"

Y/N added while standing up from his seat and leaving all those mountains of paperwork in the desk.

"I'll go with ya', just to make sure you don't try to return here again!" (New Jersey)

"Well, if you say so-" (Y/N)

Y/N speaks while checking the pockets from his uniform looking for the keys of the office to lock it once he is out, however, he couldn't find them at all.

"Wait, where are my keys? I was sure I put them in my pocket after entering this morning..." (Y/N)

"Oh, you mean these?" (New Jersey)

New Jersey calmly show the keys from the Commander along a playful smile as she play with them across her fingers.

"Huh? How did you...?" (Y/N)

"Easy! I just took advantage that you were distracted now!" (New Jersey)

They get out of the Commander's office not before turning off the lights and closing the door, though in this case, New Jersey was having the keys all along taking care of closing the door before she put the keys again in a very interesting and big place that I won't mention because there are probably minors reading this.

Then they both begin walking through the empty and silent halls from the dorms that were only illuminated by some lights in the ceiling, for some reason it actually gives some weird and spooky vibes the more they walk.

As for New Jersey, she was as energetic as always with a very brilliant and cute smile on her face while she walks along with the Commander having some small conversations in the way.

When they arrive, Y/N immediately notice that the door of his room was slightly open already, just like if someone already opened it a few moments ago.

"Huh? The door is already open?" (Y/N)

"Of course honey! As your Secretary, I need to make sure your bedroom is all clean and ready for you to rest" (New Jersey)

"Ah... Is that so?" (Y/N)

Y/N asked a little surprised at first while he completely opened the door observing the surroundings just to notice how well and perfectly organized it was.

"New Jersey, there was no need to do such a thing, usually the Maids from the Royal Navy are the ones who take cares of these sort of chores" (Y/N)

"Then you are saying you would like me to see in a Maid outfit while I do the cleaning? What a request, honey, I wouldn't mind at all honestly~!" (New Jersey)

It's not unusual to see New Jersey trying to tease the Commander through different sort of ways, she always tries to see the lewd side of what Y/N says sometimes.

"No, I was just saying you don't need to do such things, not that..." (Y/N)

Y/N speaks a little embarrassed for what New Jersey thought at first.

"I'm just joking. Come on, let's rest together tonight~!" (New Jersey)

The battleship was the first one to head towards the bed and lay down there waiting for the Commander.

"Huh? I don't think I'm allowed to sleep with... ships" (Y/N)

The Commander clearly tried to avoid any misunderstanding, there's still a rule that is related with the Commander and is his relationship with any of the ships, he's not allowed to hurt or do anything weird stuff to them.

"I'm sure that won't be a problem, besides, don'tcha just love this sort of stuff?" (New Jersey)

"Well..." (Y/N)

--------------------------------

A few minutes later...

--------------------------------

This wasn't the first time that Y/N actually slept with someone else in his room, as a matter of fact, some sleepy destroyer from the Eagle Union usually sneaks in Y/N's bedroom to sleep along with him, though he doesn't notice until he wakes up, still, this was a whole different thing since New Jersey is bigger and taller than the destroyers.

Though this is not a bad thing, anyone who enters the room could get a bad impression of what is truly happening.

Without many options, Y/N just went to sleep for being in good shape for tomorrow's operation.

All the lights were turned off, there was only silence in the bedroom of the Commander as he was laying into his bed along with his Secretary both in silence, still, he couldn't help to feel being teased in some way by the battleship of the Eagle Union just by sleeping with her.

"..." (Y/N)

Still some minutes passed and he wasn't able to sleep immediately, his mind was still wondering about everything that happened recently and what could happen tomorrow which didn't let him focus to have some rest without mentioning he was basically sharing his bed with somebody.

"You can't sleep, honey?" (New Jersey)

The question from New Jersey made Y/N to react and slightly turn around to stare at her.

"Oh, I was just... Thinking!" (Y/N)

"About what? Oh, don't tell me you're imagining things about me honey~!" (New Jersey)

"No, of course not, I'm just worried for... Some thoughts that I have in my mind" (Y/N)

"Mmh... I know what could help ya'!" (New Jersey)

Slowly moving and with both arms, New Jersey embraces Y/N into a quite sudden hug.

"Now, now... Let all your tension go away~" (New Jersey)

"I'm just too tired so I won't say anything..." (Y/N)

Y/N didn't even bother to defend himself for the sudden action of New Jersey, on the contrary, it was quite relaxing, all the tension that the Commander has been accumulating through the last days seems to have suddenly disappeared thanks to this.

"This feels quite nice actually, you don't mind if we stay like this, right...?" (Y/N)

"Enjoy it to your heart's content~" (New Jersey)

Trying his best Y/N just decided to ignore all those current thoughts to finally be able to slowly close his eyes, still being embraced by his Secretary.

---------------------------------

The next day...

--------------------------------

|Azur Lane Base|

|Main Docks|

Friday 4 P.M

Y/N along with the fleet of the Royal Navy were around the docks at the hour making some last check-ins about today's operation to make sure everything is in order.

'Ships and rigging maintenance, check. Ammunition... check.
Aircrafts in good condition, check.
Supplies, check...
Meowfficers... uh, sure, check' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"This should be everything, we will depart in fifteen minutes everyone, so get ready!" (Y/N)

Y/N announced as he kept writing down some notes.

---------------------------------

|Sardegna Empire Territory|

Friday 7 P.M

The operation was about to begin, the Royal Navy fleet need to separate and go through different ways following Y/N's plan who will be with the fleet that is in charge of attack by the flank.

According to the time, the Sardegna Empire should already be escorting their transport ship nearby.

"Master, our radars indicates a group of ships approaching towards our position fast" (Gloucester)

"Stay dark everyone, let them pass..." (Y/N)

Y/N said in a low tone of voice, while a very big fleet mainly composed of transport ships passed very nearby where they were.

"Illustrious, Formidable, prepare to launch your planes...!" (Y/N)

Five minutes later, the sound of planes flying could be heard as they passed the zone where the other part of the Royal Navy fleet was.

The sound of the AA guns from the Italian fleet could be heard immediately as they seem to have slightly split up and broke their formation for the sudden attack.

|Sardegna Empire Fleet Perspective|

The fleet was approaching a group of islands that they needed to get through in order to arrive at their specific destination, however, out of nowhere in the distance a big squadrons of planes were approaching towards their position at full speed.

"Over there, in the distance, something is approaching our way!" (???)

Aquila, the newest aircraft carrier from the Italian fleet was the first one to notice the big plane group approaching alerting the rest of the fleet.

"Hostile aircraft...?" (???)

Littorio asked raising her gaze towards the sky as she notice the type of planes were the ones from the Royal Navy.

"Those are Royal Navy planes, split up quickly!" (Littorio)

As the flagship of the fleet, Littorio gave the order for the fleet to maneuver and avoid getting hit.

Doing evasive maneuvers the Sardegna Empire ships managed to successfully deny part of the planes attack while their AA guns damaged most of the planes that immediately returned towards their original positions and left the area for now.

"We must follow those planes, there's no doubt they will come again, there must be an aircraft carrier nearby!" (Cavour)

The oldest battleship, Cavour, suggest the idea to immediately chase the planes that were falling back to find where are they coming from in case they decide to attack again.

"I'll come along!" (Abruzzi)

Abruzzi, one of the few cruisers of the fleet volunteered to go along with Cavour.

"I shall go as well, we can't risk the whole mission for what seems to be an attack from the Royal Navy" (Giulio Cesare)

"Very well, the rest we shall keep our original route, be careful out there!" (Littorio)

With that being said, Giulio Cesare, Abruzzi, and Cavour follow the direction of the planes that would lead them to where Illustrious and Formidable are, just like Y/N anticipated a few days ago.

|Royal Navy Fleet Perspective|

In the distance three ships seem to be going after the aircraft carriers separating from the main fleet that was escorting the transport ships.

"Second fleet prepare to engage, around three ships are approaching your position!" (Y/N)

The Commander delivered his message through the radio system, before giving now the full order to begin the attack.

"Now it's the time everyone, please protect each other and don't split up!" (Y/N)

Then the battle begins the fleet that was being commanded by Y/N immediately engage through both left and right sides of the islands, catching by surprise to the Sardegna Empire fleet that kept trying to escort their transport ship.

"In the name of the Royal Navy and her Majesty, you shall stop right here!" (Warspite)

Warspite was the first one to speak pointing all her guns towards the Italian fleet.

"Oh my... So that explains everything" (???)
One of the two heavy cruisers, Pola, add not being too surprised to see the Royal Navy fleet.

"And the Commander is here too~!" The other heavy cruiser from the same class, Zara, also speaks as her gaze goes towards the Commander who was actually under his combat suit.

For the ones wondering, all factions are aware of Y/N's presence in combat recently, this is to avoid confusing him with the enemy.

"Hey there..." (Y/N)

The Commander waves slowly, greeting the Sardegna fleet.

'This feels very awkward...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Y/N never thought he would be fighting against the ships he once commanded in the past, even so, he was planning to just provide support from the distance.

"All these transport ships belong now to her Majesty, go ahead and leave or face the consequences!" (Warspite)

"I'm afraid that won't be possible at all" (Pola)

And then the battle began, the sound of the batteries starting their fire against each side was inevitable to hear, as for the Commander, he tried his best to avoid hurting anyone at all.

Only one hour of the fight passed without anyone having an advantage towards the other one, it was almost a stalemate since both sides possessed great skills for fighting.

------------------------------

Are you ready for some plot convenience boys?

------------------------------

Out of nowhere, more signals could be detected approaching very quickly towards the position where the Royal Navy and the Sardegna Empire were fighting.

Siren ships suddenly started to emerge from the water in different positions on the horizon, while some of those typical portals appeared in the sky bringing more of those mass-produced ships.

"Are those... Sirens? I thought this was a zone clear of their presence!" (Littorio)

A fog that was pretty similar to the one that appear during the operation with the Northern Parliament suddenly start emerging from the surface of the sea and quickly spread through all the zone causing very reduce visions for the ones who were inside.

'Not again... I can't see anything or anyone!' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Hearing sounds of some batteries shooting in the background, he decided to head towards there being guided by the sound that became louder as he approached.

Somehow, the Commander was able to leave the fog zone that was immense and impossible to see anyone else inside, but there was something of the sea that was all clear and calm, there wasn't any Siren ship in the surroundings and those sounds that Y/N heard before are not there anymore.

Was it perhaps an illusion made by the fog?
Without knowing what was going on Y/N decided to just walk around looking for any familiar face, but wasn't able to find anything at all.

|Royal Navy Fleet Perspective|

The Royal Navy was also all affected by the sudden fog that appeared all around them, still, it was a matter of time before the fog slowly dispersed and faded away, they all managed to find each other in a matter of seconds, but to their surprise the Commander wasn't anywhere around.

Illustrious and Formidable joined the Royal Navy fleet after they could see in the distance the huge fog that suddenly covered all the zone where they were, as a matter of fact, they were successful to avoid the Sardegna ships that were looking for both.

"Huh!? Where's the Commander?" (Warspite)

Warspite was the first one who notice about the Commander's sudden disappearance alerted the rest of the fleet that started to also notice that the Commander wasn't anywhere around.

"He was with us a few minutes ago, where did he go?" (Valiant)

"This weather is not helping at all, unfortunately..." (Illustrious)

|Sardegna Empire Fleet Perspective|

After the ambush made by the Royal Navy, the Sardegna Empire was finally able to regroup again, taking advantage that the Royal Navy was now distracted looking for the Commander.

"Are you alright, Littorio?" (Cavour)

It seemed that during the attack from the Royal Navy planes, the flagship itself suffered from some damage.

"It's just some small damage, I'm still capable to fight!" (Littorio)

"Did you notice? The Commander is nowhere around, he just disappeared...?" (Aquila)

"So that's why the Royal Navy stopped attacking us?" (Abruzzi)

"Everyone, look over there! Do you see those lights in the distance? Perhaps the Commander is over there!" (Vicenzo Gioberti)

The one after those words pointed in the distance to some curious lights that appeared and disappeared continuously for some unknown reason.

"The Commander could be in danger, I think we should go immediately to check the place!" (Aquila)

"Yes indeed... However, we are still in a little fight over here" (Littorio)

"We might need to... Set aside our difference at the moment with the Royal Navy for a common cause, right Littorio?" (Cavour)

"I'm afraid there's not much of a choice..." (Littorio)

Without many options and time left, Warspite was the one who approached first towards the Sardegna Fleet proposing the task of first saving the Commander, what it could be called as a temporary truce.

It was still kinda awkward since just a few minutes ago they were fighting each other.

"I must ask, to all of you Sardegna Empire members, even though we are on different sides of this fight..." (Warspite)

The British battleship stood in silence for a couple of seconds before returning to speak, her voice as expected was a compromised and serious one.

"We share the most common thing and it's the Commander, would you please share your strength along with us in order to look for him and his safety?" (Warspite)

"I'm glad that we agree on the same topic, we will be glad to join you, but only to save the Commander, of course" (Littorio)

Being guided by the lights and sounds that could be heard in the distance, both Sardegna Empire and Royal Navy joined to look for the Commander who has gone missing, both sides agree to collaborate in order to rescue the Commander from whenever he might be fighting against.

Just if like someone has predicted such a move, a very big fleet of mass-produced Siren ships appears very near where the fleet was moving through forcing them to stop fighting against them before they could move on.

------------------------------

Meanwhile in the distance.

-------------------------------

|Y/N's Perspective|

The weather constantly changes and it brought a very slight, but annoying drizzle that suddenly started along a strong wind.

The waves of the sea abruptly move to complicate the movement of Y/N's suit while he was moving through the place trying to find his fleet again.

'Why do I always get lost?' (Y/N's Thoughts)

The Commander keeps moving at the desolate place with no sign of anyone around, however, he couldn't help, but feel that someone was observing him the whole time.

And just from nowhere in the middle of where Y/N was moving something start to emerge from the deeps of the ocean, like a submarine coming towards the surface.

Y/N was immediately aware that the one emerging from the ocean was a Siren, a futuristic sort of riggings could be seen and there were pretty similar to the ones Purifier has.

It was just a matter of time before the figure completely appeared in front of Y/N leaving him shocked of who was.

"Observer!?" (Y/N)

It's truly a surprise for the Commander to see out of nowhere one of the principal leaders of the Sirens.

Observer wasn't as big as someone would expect, what makes her huge is the type of riggings she uses and for some strange reason there's also some sort of tentacles surrounding her.

"Oh my, it's nice to see that you can still recognize me...~" (Observer)

Her voice was a calm one despite the situation, the Commander on the other side, was making sure to keep his distance the whole time to avoid any risk.

"I see you have taken care of Bismarck? I knew it was a waste of time to give her such powers, even so... The results were amazing, don't you think?" (Observer)

Such attitude towards what happened to Bismarck made the Commander quite annoyed as he remembered what did the Iron Blood leader has to pass through.

"I knew it from the beginning, you were responsible for what happened to Bismarck!" (Y/N)

"Indeed, it's impressive how easy it's to manipulate all these ship girls... They want to save this world, yet they all keep fighting against each other, it's quite absurd, don't you think?" (Observer)

"I won't allow you to keep doing this!" (Y/N)

It's almost impossible to fight against such a powerful enemy by himself and Y/N's aware of that.

"Oh? Is that so? I don't see any of your beloved ships around here to protect you now, heh...~" (Observer)

'I don't think I can fight against her, but maybe I can make some time until the fleet find me!' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Y/N ignore his thoughts and focus more on using brute force this time as a more reasonable way, he was confused though, a mix of feelings that even he didn't comprehend at all, the only he wanted was to at least be able to avenge all those who passed away because of the war against the Sirens, he was sad but angry at the same time and that probably didn't allowed him to think properly.

"I'll fight you if it's necessary!" (Y/N)

The Commander shouted and immediately entered into a combat position along with his riggings that even if it was advanced equipment, it might be useless against the modern and futuristic Siren rigging Observer is using.

"Interesting. Let's see what you can do...!" (Observer)

The provocations from the Siren were enough to make Y/N immediately engage against the Siren who didn't think twice to shoot her rigging against him and that fortunately, he was able to dodge and counter-attack while moving forward.

The heavy AP shells coming from his riggings were able to reach the Siren who somehow made them disappear with some sort of invisible shield around her that blocks any sort of projectiles.

"W-What? That's impossible!" (Y/N)

"Guess you should have come better prepare, haha...~" (Observer)

The Siren replied with a devilish smile on her face to see that the Commander isn't capable at all to do any sort of damage.

Still, Y/N immediately starts to move around thanks to his exo suit implemented as part of the riggings allowing him to be faster and use it as an advantage while his riggings reload.

"That won't help you a lot, stop it..." (Observer)

"I'm sure this will!"
Y/N immediately uses the super jump that allows him to reach an average altitude before immediately stomping against the ocean surface making an electromagnetic pulse to immediately spread through the surroundings actually affecting somehow the shield system that the Siren possessed.

He immediately took the initiative to fire his riggings once again against Observer who wasn't able to dodge and was hit by the salvo of heavy AP shells.

'Yeah! Bullseye!' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Y/N says in his mind celebrating the small victory just when he tried to move away, but was grabbed by those weird tentacles from the riggings of the Siren.

"Oh Fuc-" (Y/N)

The Siren seems to be annoyed by being outsmarted by Y/N, who now was trying to escape the grab of the Siren with all the strength he has.

"You will pay for that!" (Observer)

The Siren yelled at Y/N before throwing him away and used her riggings to inflict some damage as well.

The Commander was barely able to dodge it and got quite a big hit on the part of his exo making him to not being able to move fast like before.

However, the Siren just keeps shooting his riggings towards Y/N, who didn't even have enough time to react as he tried to use his shield to block the attacks, but it was useless as it got immediately destroyed by absorbing so much damage in so little time.

'Dammit, at this rate I'm going t-' (Y/N's Thoughts)

The distracted Y/N who was trying to dodge the attacks was suddenly pushed away by those weird tentacles again incapacitating his main battery riggins.

Just before the Commander could even recover himself from the brute push received, he was grabbed once again by those weird tentacles that applied a painful pressure around his body.

He was brought in front of Observer who seemed to be quite annoyed at the moment.

"You're not special at all, you're just as pathetic as the rest of your race!" (Observer)

She yells towards Y/N who is using his last remaining energies to escape.

Main battery was successfully repaired.

The sound that the rigging made before becoming operative once again made Y/N to have some last hope on maybe escaping from the grab and falling back into a safer position.

He didn't think twice before doing the signal with his hand to indicate the riggings to shoot towards the Siren who was literally in front of him.

The hit was direct as it seems the electromagnetic pulse that Y/N made a few minutes before kept the shield of the Siren deactivated.

Y/N was thrown away after Observe received the impact from the shells.

Y/N hit the surface of the sea, but it feels more like hitting the ground upon that hard push.

'I don't think I will be able to hold for too much longer...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Slowly standing up from the surface, he tried to get away with the movement from the exo suit just to be surprised that I didn't work at all.

Exo system is highly damaged, unable to use it.
Riggings movement has been completely incapacitated.

'You must be fuc-' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Not even able to speak through his mind, Y/N was suddenly stabbed through his back by again those w e i r d s tentacles that didn't have a problem passing through the armor of the suit.

This made the Commander to start spilling blood through the part where he was stabbed, not before the shoots from the futuristic batteries of Observe started to also impact all around Y/N's suit that was slowly starting to fail by the critical damage received and also starting to break to the point of being able to see part of Y/N's body.

'What is this... Feeling...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Y/N could immediately feel a strong cold sensation that surrounded all his body, the nerves along with all the stress accumulated just make his situation even worst as the stab was also deep enough to hurt his more vital parts and also leave him in a completely weakling state that he could barely react to what just happened.

'It's cold...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

It was after a few seconds that Y/N fell to his knees before completely falling into the water surface since his whole suit was all broken, he was almost unable to stand afloat at all.

The Siren who was standing behind him just watched the whole scene and after some minutes Observer left the Commander to his own luck, immediately disappearing and leaving no trace.

Y/N started to slowly fall into the deep ocean, his rigging was unable to make him float on the surface anymore as now with his barely open eyes Y/N could remember the same scene that happened that day where he was the only survivor of that sudden ambush made by the Sirens.

Blood could be seen surrounding him since the wound was still open, he was losing a lot of blood already and Y/N give up trying to swim to reach the surface, he didn't have enough energy to even move.

Was this the end?
Maybe it was after all.

Or maybe not?

...

|To be continued...|

-----------------------------------------

Greetings my wonderful readers, I do hope you're having a good day so far!

So! the sudden inactivity that
I forgot to mention the reason for is that I was on a trip during the last weeks and as you expect I couldn't write at all, but I recently come back so I have started writing again!

It's incredible how fast did my vacations pass, I have already started with my studies once again haha...
But don't worry, I'll keep writing as much as I can if I don't die of stress haha...

Enjoy these chapters, because maybe and just maybe could be the last ones...
Who knows?

Anyways, as I always say, I apologize if there is any grammar error I try to correct them all!

Remember that if you like this story I would appreciate it if you vote or share it with your friends!

I also appreciate it if you save this book on your reading list!

You can also leave some ideas, just comment I'm all ears :)

I think that's all for now.

It's time for me to retire, but don't worry, I'll be back.

And remember
"Live with Glory"

Bonus Picture:

You heard her...

G e t I n t h e 1 6 in c h g u n s!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 85 11
(reminder: I dont own azur lane or any pics that are shown in this story) In 2018, the sirens invaded the world killing hundreds of millions of lives...
2.8K 67 8
A new commander arrives at the Azur Lane base and he must quickly learn that things here are very different from the usual military bases. He must al...
36.4K 463 11
War, War never changes. It's exactly the same. No matter which era it happens upon. This is a story of a girl. A girl with dark times. One who's life...
110K 1.7K 27
The world is at war,the race known as the sirens have come from the unknown and have destroyed cities and killed many people,to counter such a threat...